Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread 08:44 - May 3 with 12991 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:41 - May 3 with 1907 viewsbonwif

we should score some goals before is late

watching it here http://vipbox.net/
[Post edited 3 May 2014 16:45]
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:44 - May 3 with 1873 viewsShaky

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:37 - May 3 by Zut_Alors

We've had three excellent scoring opportunities. Not all about possession.

Of course not, but it looks to me like we're mentally on the beach already.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:44 - May 3 with 1871 viewsDanielswan

Is Routledge playing a sort of forward? He often stays ahead of Bony and doesnt track back.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:44 - May 3 with 1870 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:38 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Everybody talks about Monk having worked under Martinez and Rodgers and how he can take inspiration and knowledge from their management styles...

From what I've seen the past few weeks, Garry is taking inspiration from the Paulo Sousa guide to football management.

We might have been a little boring to watch but we were solid as a rock at the back under Sousa and if we had a decent striker that season we would have easily made the playoffs.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:48 - May 3 with 1798 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:44 - May 3 by AtleticoAbertawe

We might have been a little boring to watch but we were solid as a rock at the back under Sousa and if we had a decent striker that season we would have easily made the playoffs.

Oh I wasn't mocking Sousa. He progressed us as a club and we wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for the part he played.

But this is almost as tedious to watch as the games under Sousa. When was the last time we had 35% possession at home at half time? Monk is drastically changing our style, the style. And judging by what I've seen so far I can't say with any confidence it's changing for the better.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:50 - May 3 with 1764 viewsepaul

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:44 - May 3 by Shaky

Of course not, but it looks to me like we're mentally on the beach already.

Watching the game, meh, I'm well on the beach and with a nice ice cream cone

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:50 - May 3 with 1756 viewsDanielswan

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:48 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh I wasn't mocking Sousa. He progressed us as a club and we wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for the part he played.

But this is almost as tedious to watch as the games under Sousa. When was the last time we had 35% possession at home at half time? Monk is drastically changing our style, the style. And judging by what I've seen so far I can't say with any confidence it's changing for the better.

Dont be so negative, maybe he has been inspired by Real Madrid, let the others have the ball ... we score the goals.

How many times have we had possession this season only to loose in the end?

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:50 - May 3 with 1752 viewsTomFoolery

Looks like to me that monk is doing some experimenting, clearly not working. Will be a completely different second half.
Login to get fewer ads

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:54 - May 3 with 1692 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:50 - May 3 by Danielswan

Dont be so negative, maybe he has been inspired by Real Madrid, let the others have the ball ... we score the goals.

How many times have we had possession this season only to loose in the end?

What concerns me the most is that we are being outplayed at home again. But it is not Manchester City or Chelsea that are outplaying us, it is Southampton. We are struggling against too many poor / average teams at home. If we continue this next season, gaining points is going to be a struggle.

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:55 - May 3 with 1685 viewsDanielswan

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:50 - May 3 by TomFoolery

Looks like to me that monk is doing some experimenting, clearly not working. Will be a completely different second half.

The commentator actually stated exactly that, looks like Monk is already experimenting ... like leaving Routledge upfront at times to provide more speed and choices when we get the ball on the counter.

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:59 - May 3 with 1615 viewsShaky

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:50 - May 3 by epaul

Watching the game, meh, I'm well on the beach and with a nice ice cream cone

Lager sorbet?

Misology -- It's a bitch

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:01 - May 3 with 1587 viewsTomFoolery

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:55 - May 3 by Danielswan

The commentator actually stated exactly that, looks like Monk is already experimenting ... like leaving Routledge upfront at times to provide more speed and choices when we get the ball on the counter.

As we are safe I don't see much problem with it. The defence seems solid. Finding a good counter attacking system would be beneficial due to some of the attacking quality in the league.

Seems a negative tactic but he's got to learn. Good sign he is doing this as he knows he has the job.

edit: I meant earlier that the tactic not working as we are too open. Some more experimenting needed during pre season.
[Post edited 3 May 2014 16:03]
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:01 - May 3 with 1584 viewsepaul

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 15:59 - May 3 by Shaky

Lager sorbet?

[Post edited 3 May 2014 16:02]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:10 - May 3 with 1486 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hooooooooooooooooooof

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:17 - May 3 with 1392 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tiendali is having a good game. I dare say he's doing better than Rangel.

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:18 - May 3 with 1379 viewsTomFoolery

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:10 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hooooooooooooooooooof

Wtf is wrong with you? Seriously every comment you make just boils my piss. Sure you do it just to stand out. Guess it works.
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:18 - May 3 with 1373 viewsJACKARSE

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:17 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Tiendali is having a good game. I dare say he's doing better than Rangel.

Yes Shaw not getting too much out of him
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:19 - May 3 with 1368 viewsShaky

Gotta say though that Tiendalli has done pretty well against Luke Shaw. I'm impressed.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:25 - May 3 with 1285 viewsJACKARSE

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:19 - May 3 by Shaky

Gotta say though that Tiendalli has done pretty well against Luke Shaw. I'm impressed.

Amat has looked pretty solid too
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:27 - May 3 with 1261 viewsslate_dk

damn drifted off for the last 35 minutes... did I miss anything?

One good thing my stream is still up... maybe that is the problem
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:28 - May 3 with 1251 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We have no centre midfield to pass to and build attacks from. We just hoof it forward everytime. It's awful.

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:29 - May 3 with 1243 viewsWarwickHunt

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:28 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We have no centre midfield to pass to and build attacks from. We just hoof it forward everytime. It's awful.

Experimental innit.
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:33 - May 3 with 1179 viewshobo

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:27 - May 3 by slate_dk

damn drifted off for the last 35 minutes... did I miss anything?

One good thing my stream is still up... maybe that is the problem

We had a few corners
The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:33 - May 3 with 1169 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Nice to see we're going for the win bringing on the more attacking Taylor for Tiendali.

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:36 - May 3 with 1139 viewsShaky

The official Swansea Cty V Southampton match day thread on 16:33 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Nice to see we're going for the win bringing on the more attacking Taylor for Tiendali.

I am not impressed.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024