Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£19M for Wilf? 09:30 - Jun 3 with 5017 viewsJethroJack

According to Sky Sports, we've declared a value of £19M for Wilf.
Why do this BEFORE the World Cup?
Is this figure enough of a deterrant?
£19M for Wilf? on 19:25 - Jun 3 with 1566 viewsexiledclaseboy

£19M for Wilf? on 19:19 - Jun 3 by controversial_jack

£19 m is about right as he's had just one good season in the prem.Big clubs will want to see if he can repeat it before investing big money

Then they can wait, because it would be madness to sell him for £19m now unless we're contractually obliged to do so.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

£19M for Wilf? on 20:14 - Jun 3 with 1459 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£19M for Wilf? on 19:24 - Jun 3 by dgt73

It looks like Dwight has gone missing in action once again. He does that regular, especially when he just had a new arse ripped into him.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 19:55]

When did I have a new arse ripped into me?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£19M for Wilf? on 20:18 - Jun 3 with 1450 viewsperchrockjack

cmon Dwight he s simply got his syntax wrong. Christian forgiveness mun

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£19M for Wilf? on 20:32 - Jun 3 with 1420 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£19M for Wilf? on 20:18 - Jun 3 by perchrockjack

cmon Dwight he s simply got his syntax wrong. Christian forgiveness mun

I'm not a very forgiving person I'm afraid, Perch.

Although I have nothing against dgt so there is no need for forgiveness. If anything I pity him.

£19M for Wilf? on 20:42 - Jun 3 with 1402 viewsStarsky

And yet another thread gone off topic and is once again, all about Dwight

It's just the internet, init.

£19M for Wilf? on 20:54 - Jun 3 with 1349 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£19M for Wilf? on 20:42 - Jun 3 by Starsky

And yet another thread gone off topic and is once again, all about Dwight

If you read through the thread again you will see it was not I who took the thread off topic, but yet again I am accused of doing so.

£19M for Wilf? on 20:59 - Jun 3 with 1334 viewsborinifanclub

watching the video of his 26 goals he is worth 20 mill of anyones money...he is so cool on the ball so strong and where does all that empty space in the box come from? he knows how to move and times it eight.....we would be bonkers to sell him. We do need to buy a back up though especiallly for africa nations time next year.

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

£19M for Wilf? on 21:06 - Jun 3 with 1317 viewsStarsky

£19M for Wilf? on 20:59 - Jun 3 by borinifanclub

watching the video of his 26 goals he is worth 20 mill of anyones money...he is so cool on the ball so strong and where does all that empty space in the box come from? he knows how to move and times it eight.....we would be bonkers to sell him. We do need to buy a back up though especiallly for africa nations time next year.

£nothing less than £25 million... Next year

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

£19M for Wilf? on 21:46 - Jun 3 with 1248 viewsJethroJack

£19M for Wilf? on 20:14 - Jun 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

When did I have a new arse ripped into me?

Every time you post on here
£19M for Wilf? on 22:30 - Jun 3 with 1203 viewsMagicDaps

£19M for Wilf? on 19:01 - Jun 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder how many people will defend the board if he is sold for £19m.

I see you're now having to revert to hypothetical situations that won't happen to criticize the board.

Every club has to be subject to rubbish in the media, and there's nothing that our board can do about speculation driven by their desire to get attention.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

£19M for Wilf? on 06:46 - Jun 4 with 1104 viewsDr_Winston

Cooze has denied the existence of the clause on Twitter.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£19M for Wilf? on 08:26 - Jun 4 with 1036 viewsPhil_S

So to the people who believe we would accept £19m for Wilf. Please explain your logic why you believe it?
£19M for Wilf? on 09:13 - Jun 4 with 980 viewsUxbridge

£19M for Wilf? on 08:26 - Jun 4 by Phil_S

So to the people who believe we would accept £19m for Wilf. Please explain your logic why you believe it?

Because, as Darran pointed out yesterday, if Wilf wanted a £19m clause inserted we were utterly powerless to stop it. Obvious mun. The fact it's only £4m more than we paid for him is utterly irrelevant.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£19M for Wilf? on 09:17 - Jun 4 with 971 viewsJackSomething

Not that I think this clause exists, but didn't Liverpool prove last season with Suarez that they're pretty much irrelevant anyway?

I imagine it would be enforceable if the player took legal action, but that seems unlikely.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 9:45]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

£19M for Wilf? on 09:21 - Jun 4 with 957 viewsUxbridge

£19M for Wilf? on 09:17 - Jun 4 by JackSomething

Not that I think this clause exists, but didn't Liverpool prove last season with Suarez that they're pretty much irrelevant anyway?

I imagine it would be enforceable if the player took legal action, but that seems unlikely.

That was a daft clause though. All it said was the the player could talk to the other club, not that the club had to sell. Utterly irrelevant.

£19M for Wilf? on 09:26 - Jun 4 with 885 viewsNeath_Jack

£19M for Wilf? on 09:21 - Jun 4 by Uxbridge

That was a daft clause though. All it said was the the player could talk to the other club, not that the club had to sell. Utterly irrelevant.

Wasn't that the same type of clause in Neil Taylors contract a few years back when, i think it was Newcastle who wanted him?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£19M for Wilf? on 09:28 - Jun 4 with 880 viewsNeath_Jack

When i stop and actually think about the figures being bandied about, it's absolutely unreal to think our club can ask for £20million + for one of our players. Even more bonkers is that we are complaining that there might only be a £4million profit. Who would have dared to even think that just a few short years ago. Little Swansea City eh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£19M for Wilf? on 09:30 - Jun 4 with 873 viewsUxbridge

£19M for Wilf? on 09:26 - Jun 4 by Neath_Jack

Wasn't that the same type of clause in Neil Taylors contract a few years back when, i think it was Newcastle who wanted him?

Yep, think so. All the clause does is cause friction.

£19M for Wilf? on 09:35 - Jun 4 with 864 viewsJackSomething

£19M for Wilf? on 09:21 - Jun 4 by Uxbridge

Perhaps this is the same thing and people are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing? Again.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

£19M for Wilf? on 09:44 - Jun 4 with 854 viewsUxbridge

£19M for Wilf? on 09:35 - Jun 4 by JackSomething

Perhaps this is the same thing and people are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing? Again.

Or perhaps it doesn't exist at all. I don't know. The one thing I can be pretty certain on is that there's very very little chance that we would be forced to sell at a price so close to his original purchase price.

£19M for Wilf? on 09:56 - Jun 4 with 835 viewsPhil_S

£19M for Wilf? on 09:44 - Jun 4 by Uxbridge

Or perhaps it doesn't exist at all. I don't know. The one thing I can be pretty certain on is that there's very very little chance that we would be forced to sell at a price so close to his original purchase price.

Logic and common sense. Please no more.
£19M for Wilf? on 10:14 - Jun 4 with 796 viewsJACKARSE

£19M for Wilf? on 09:17 - Jun 4 by JackSomething

SUAREZ clause ......

'During the summer transfer window, the PFA reported that the contractual provision in Suarez’s contract with Liverpool was a ‘good faith’ release clause rather than an automatic release clause. The two are quite different. With an automatic release clause, player ‘y’ must be allowed to speak to purchasing club ‘x’ if the minimum release amount is offered. A ‘good faith’ clause means the parties are required to negotiate in good faith once a bid has been made. Importantly, a good faith clause does not automatically trigger the selling club to accept the offer.

The PFA were reported to have been arbitrating between the player and the club, and explaining to the player the likelihood of the clause standing up to a robust legal examination. As such, it was considered by the PFA that the clause was not an automatic release clause.'

JOE ALLEN clause .....

'Only a few Premier League transfers have been reported to have included release clauses. This was the case with the Demba Ba transfer from Newcastle to Chelsea and Joe Allen from Swansea to Liverpool In the case of Allen, reports were that the bid could only trigger the release clause if it came from one of five clubs that included Liverpool.'
£19M for Wilf? on 11:32 - Jun 4 with 736 viewsUxbridge

£19M for Wilf? on 09:56 - Jun 4 by Phil_S

Logic and common sense. Please no more.

It's silly season. Neither have a place on here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024