Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good marketing by the club 10:52 - Jul 18 with 6580 viewsPacemaker

Well done toGarry and the boys selling the Swansea brand in the states. I like Leons comments about the effect of pros making an effort with kids camps. Bound to have a good long term effect for the Swans.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/usa-north-shore-visit-1766618.aspx?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Good marketing by the club on 15:02 - Jul 18 with 967 viewslondonlisa2001

Good marketing by the club on 14:54 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

Thats fair enough. I just don't Have faith in Monk to creatively locate and trace the right type of players is my main point, and I genuinely believe the majority of these signings are sourced by others. Of course he will be involved in any signing off process, the board wouldn't undermine him to that extent. However, he is in employment as manager because he is pliable and able to coach the Swansea way as it is called. And the devil they know is far better for the board to manoeuvre than say a real experienced manager like Redknapp or Ferguson was.

Because both of the latter wouldn't tolerate it.

As I have said I hope it works out for the club, because being a fan of the club ( and not of players or individuals ) it is imperative it succeeds for us to all enjoy a brighter future.

may be better than sourcing utterly useless players just because they happen to share the same agent though wouldn't you say?
Good marketing by the club on 15:08 - Jul 18 with 957 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 15:02 - Jul 18 by JackSomething

No, I see you as someone who thinks you have inside knowledge. Strange that for someone who is so perceptive and open to debate, you have resorted to personal attacks in this post.

Not quite as adult as you like to think you are possibly?

If you feel offended then thats a matter for you, I cant help the way you feel when a reply to a question isn't how you like it. Remember you asked the question, I merely answered it, the content clearly annoys you. You need to deal with this, not hang it out to dry on here for all to see. I have never once indicated I have any form of knowledge other than my own. I have always offered an opinion based on my own feelings and from what I know.

Now, I am off to work, the big boys will be picking me up at four and some of them drink beer at night ;-)
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 15:09]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Good marketing by the club on 15:16 - Jul 18 with 946 viewsJackSomething

Good marketing by the club on 15:08 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

If you feel offended then thats a matter for you, I cant help the way you feel when a reply to a question isn't how you like it. Remember you asked the question, I merely answered it, the content clearly annoys you. You need to deal with this, not hang it out to dry on here for all to see. I have never once indicated I have any form of knowledge other than my own. I have always offered an opinion based on my own feelings and from what I know.

Now, I am off to work, the big boys will be picking me up at four and some of them drink beer at night ;-)
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 15:09]

I'm not annoyed at all, although I do seem to have got your back up for some reason. Enjoy your night out with the big boys.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Good marketing by the club on 15:21 - Jul 18 with 938 viewsUxbridge

Good marketing by the club on 14:54 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

Thats fair enough. I just don't Have faith in Monk to creatively locate and trace the right type of players is my main point, and I genuinely believe the majority of these signings are sourced by others. Of course he will be involved in any signing off process, the board wouldn't undermine him to that extent. However, he is in employment as manager because he is pliable and able to coach the Swansea way as it is called. And the devil they know is far better for the board to manoeuvre than say a real experienced manager like Redknapp or Ferguson was.

Because both of the latter wouldn't tolerate it.

As I have said I hope it works out for the club, because being a fan of the club ( and not of players or individuals ) it is imperative it succeeds for us to all enjoy a brighter future.

Neither do I. Or any manager for that matter. One person can't do that job. You need an army at this level.

I doubt even Ferguson did all his own scouting. The manager is the final level not the first.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Good marketing by the club on 15:59 - Jul 18 with 890 viewsDarran

Good marketing by the club on 15:21 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

Neither do I. Or any manager for that matter. One person can't do that job. You need an army at this level.

I doubt even Ferguson did all his own scouting. The manager is the final level not the first.

Fergie had his brother Martin doing it for him for years.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Good marketing by the club on 16:06 - Jul 18 with 888 viewsUxbridge

Good marketing by the club on 15:59 - Jul 18 by Darran

Thought it wouldn't be long for our resident United supporter to chip in

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Good marketing by the club on 16:11 - Jul 18 with 882 viewslonglostjack

Good marketing by the club on 15:59 - Jul 18 by Darran

Paddy Crerand I heard

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Good marketing by the club on 16:12 - Jul 18 with 875 viewsDarran

Good marketing by the club on 16:06 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

Thought it wouldn't be long for our resident United supporter to chip in

It's a well known fact.

Login to get fewer ads

Good marketing by the club on 16:24 - Jul 18 with 861 viewslondonlisa2001

Good marketing by the club on 16:12 - Jul 18 by Darran

It's a well known fact.

It is indeed, and can you imagine the carnage on here if we had Garry Monk's brother as our main scout
Good marketing by the club on 16:45 - Jul 18 with 841 viewsTom1912

Good marketing by the club on 14:39 - Jul 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Our board have an illustrious history of signing players they deem a good investment who you would think weren't what our manager was looking for. They've even signed players when he had no manager.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing as the first example that pops into my head is Neil Taylor who was signed just before Sousa arrived I think?

Other ones that spring to mind are Trundle coming back under Sousa and Marvin Emnes coming in under Laudrup.

Taylor actually arrived right at the end of Sousa, in 2010. In fact, I'm fairly sure Taylor spoke about how much he was looking forward to working with Sousa and then the following day, he was gone.

I honestly don't think we've signed a player without a manager in recent times. I may be missing someone but no one comes to mind.

Although we've certainly signed players that the manager hasn't picked, as has every club in the league. I'd be amazed if we'd signed a player a manager has said he doesn't want though.
Good marketing by the club on 16:57 - Jul 18 with 826 viewsStarsky

Good marketing by the club on 12:02 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

And that is a two way street mate.

I'm talking about perception, and the perception of people ( maybe like you as a swans fan ) regards situations and issues created and controlled by the club that create and control the manager and create and control the players we buy as a club.

It's not a negative, but it seems you need to grasp this a little more.
It's not an assumption, it's really happening.

And I'm pretty much in favour of it, because the last thing I want is Garry Monk calling and making those shots.

Your last sentence on your post.
Why so dismissive of Monk? do any of us know yet what he's going to turn out like?
Could be worse, could be Blackpool with 8 players and no keeper

It's just the internet, init.

Good marketing by the club on 17:04 - Jul 18 with 816 viewsDavillin

Good marketing by the club on 11:51 - Jul 18 by JackSomething

Who said he was the driving force?

The OP just wanted to congratulate the team for the effort they've put in promoting the club while on tour. Last season a post like that would probably have passed without comment, or with people falling over themselves to talk about how great Laudrup is.

It may well be part of Monk's job, but don't you get the impression that he's probably better at that side of things compared to Sousa for example? It's hardly the most important facet of his job as manager, but don't see why some see it as a negative.

Your "problem" here, JackSomething, is that you're not one who has planted his flag in concrete in the "Monk is sh!t" camp before he's had a chance to prove himself.

I agree with your post entirely.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Good marketing by the club on 17:19 - Jul 18 with 804 viewsStarsky

Good marketing by the club on 12:28 - Jul 18 by WarwickHunt

Anyone who doubts this should ask themselves why we couldn't be bothered to interview anyone else in world football.

And.. Is this necessarily a bad thing Phil?

The way I hope it is That we have a COACH that has discussions with the board and THEY decide on potential targets and club policies TOGETHER.

Every manager since MArtinez has been given the Swans philosophy that they wanted them to adhere too. So in many respects, Rodgers, Sousa & Laudrup have been yes men to a certain extent.

The all controlling manager you yearn for could well waste the transfer funds just like Spurs did with the Bale money.... Or Moyes with his Fellaini purchase.

From what I've seen of Monk from his Tenure so far is strength of character, caring deeply for our club, training seems to have stepped up a few notches and yes he's going to make mistakes that he can undoubtedly learn from.

Considering how many hours he's put in, particularly since his twins were born shows he desperately wants to succeed.

I want him to succeed because I want my team to continue to flourish. If it turns out he's not the man for the job then we move on with another manager.
Can't we get behind him and give him our support this season though lads, no?

What ever happened to "premier league and were having a laff"?
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 17:22]

It's just the internet, init.

Good marketing by the club on 18:40 - Jul 18 with 754 viewsWarwickHunt

Good marketing by the club on 17:19 - Jul 18 by Starsky

The way I hope it is That we have a COACH that has discussions with the board and THEY decide on potential targets and club policies TOGETHER.

Every manager since MArtinez has been given the Swans philosophy that they wanted them to adhere too. So in many respects, Rodgers, Sousa & Laudrup have been yes men to a certain extent.

The all controlling manager you yearn for could well waste the transfer funds just like Spurs did with the Bale money.... Or Moyes with his Fellaini purchase.

From what I've seen of Monk from his Tenure so far is strength of character, caring deeply for our club, training seems to have stepped up a few notches and yes he's going to make mistakes that he can undoubtedly learn from.

Considering how many hours he's put in, particularly since his twins were born shows he desperately wants to succeed.

I want him to succeed because I want my team to continue to flourish. If it turns out he's not the man for the job then we move on with another manager.

Where do I yearn for an all controlling manager? The board should appoint a manager and then let him manage (within an agreed budget and philosphy)....big difference.
I'm very happy that the board are holding the purse strings, less than happy that they (or at least one, possibly two of them ) are pulling Monk's. I think ten years of success may have given the board a feeling of infallibility - it may do us good in the long run to take a temporary knock.

Not a lot of room for learning from your mistakes at this level. It's a huge gamble and I suspect we'll soon have a pretty good idea whether it was a stroke of genius or an act of lunacy.

Of course he's going to bust a gut - it's the job of a lifetime. Good luck to him - he sure as f*ck is going to need it.
Good marketing by the club on 18:43 - Jul 18 with 747 viewsDrizzle

Good marketing by the club on 15:02 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

may be better than sourcing utterly useless players just because they happen to share the same agent though wouldn't you say?

Good marketing by the club on 18:47 - Jul 18 with 739 viewsDarran

Good marketing by the club on 15:02 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

There's a thread about Israelis down the page mun.

Good marketing by the club on 19:26 - Jul 18 with 699 viewslondonlisa2001

Good marketing by the club on 18:47 - Jul 18 by Darran

There's a thread about Israelis down the page mun.

Gosh Darran, I didn't mention any names.......
Good marketing by the club on 19:43 - Jul 18 with 681 viewsSlugster664

Good marketing by the club on 14:47 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

See above post regards how to work out the obvious and form an opinion.

Sorry, but half the stuff put on here by yourself and others is utter tripe. So, if you don't mind I'd prefer to skip through most posts unless something catches my eye.

Now, onto my original question reference your post...did the board tell you the reasons why they appointed GM as manager of SCFC?

STID

Good marketing by the club on 19:57 - Jul 18 with 662 viewsswancity

Just to answer Dionne Warwick who asked why our club couldn't be bothered to interview anyone in world football?

Garry Monk was a strong candidate and to promote from within has been a successful formula used over the years by many clubs. Did you want Ron Atkinson to be interviewed because he is the best of all in an interview, so good in fact it's got him one of the top club jobs in club football. Another is Sven Erikson, he is brilliant in an interview apparently.

Your dislike of Garry Monk is strange. He has been a legend at Swansea City for over 10 years, give the man a chance. he did well enough last season to deserve it too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Good marketing by the club on 20:00 - Jul 18 with 664 viewsperchrockjack

Dione Warwick.? Jeez another one stuck in a time warp.the young ins on here have never heard of her ffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Good marketing by the club on 20:55 - Jul 18 with 621 viewsWarwickHunt

Good marketing by the club on 19:57 - Jul 18 by swancity

Just to answer Dionne Warwick who asked why our club couldn't be bothered to interview anyone in world football?

Garry Monk was a strong candidate and to promote from within has been a successful formula used over the years by many clubs. Did you want Ron Atkinson to be interviewed because he is the best of all in an interview, so good in fact it's got him one of the top club jobs in club football. Another is Sven Erikson, he is brilliant in an interview apparently.

Your dislike of Garry Monk is strange. He has been a legend at Swansea City for over 10 years, give the man a chance. he did well enough last season to deserve it too.

Aye aye - Bobby Davro's had a Baileys.
Good marketing by the club on 23:07 - Jul 18 with 575 viewsswancity

Good marketing by the club on 20:55 - Jul 18 by WarwickHunt

Aye aye - Bobby Davro's had a Baileys.

Amazing coincidence but I had a coffee flavoured baileys earlier lol

Why the hatred towards a man who has always worked so hard for swansea city and continues to do so?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Good marketing by the club on 23:19 - Jul 18 with 570 viewsDavillin

Good marketing by the club on 20:00 - Jul 18 by perchrockjack

Dione Warwick.? Jeez another one stuck in a time warp.the young ins on here have never heard of her ffs

They need to count their blessings!

More years ago than I care to remember, I was visiting one of my girl friends and she enthusiastically put on her newest Dione Warwick album. Almost drove me completely mad -- Monotone Warbler, I think the title was.

I begged her to "turn the infernal screeching off or no funny business tonight." She turned it off with alacrity, smart woman.

Then turned me back on, smart woman.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 23:19]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Good marketing by the club on 01:45 - Jul 19 with 535 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 17:04 - Jul 18 by Davillin

Your "problem" here, JackSomething, is that you're not one who has planted his flag in concrete in the "Monk is sh!t" camp before he's had a chance to prove himself.

I agree with your post entirely.

Your problem here my friend is that you hear 'monk shit' but cant provide one post that says it, your better than that.

Black and white are our colours, not the discussions that surround it.

Good marketing by the club on 01:55 - Jul 19 with 530 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 17:19 - Jul 18 by Starsky

It died the day we beat the best the premier league had to offer, and not just once but for 3 seasons on the bang . Then thousands of swans fans that were not evident when the club nearly died started singing the song you refer to.

Then because they don't have any reference to those dark days they rely on superheroes like Monk, Huw, Pablo, Michu ( whoever ) they take it so personally when a debate on ability is raised they merely see the discussion as a hate thread.

As I said we play in black and white, and people without the ability to discuss matters rely purely on a black and white mentality.

So when a player or manager is analysed they don't see a discussion they merely see a personal attack on them.

Such a shame, it's been a long day at work.

Goodnight.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024