Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby fixtures are out. 19:30 - Jul 21 with 1794 viewstrampie

All Whites v Glynneath is the boxing day fixture then, well the 27th anyway [assume its a Saturday] and then last game of the season its Glynneath at home to Swansea, I wonder if there will be anything riding on that game ?

The All Whites did get away with a draw when Glynneath had their invincible season can the All Wales get a result this time round against one of Wales greatest teams in Glynneath who have beaten NZ and SA finest in years gone by.

Glynneath are only one division away from Neath now, Neath being afraid to play Glynneath for years in the past, it could be interesting if they meet in the league in the next year or two.

With the mines closing I thought that would be the end of Glynneath as a rugby power but the team is on the way back.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Rugby fixtures are out. on 19:34 - Jul 21 with 1782 viewsQuakerJack

We've never been afraid to play anyone but.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Rugby fixtures are out. on 19:47 - Jul 21 with 1769 viewstrampie

Rugby fixtures are out. on 19:34 - Jul 21 by QuakerJack

We've never been afraid to play anyone but.

Glynneath beat Neath straight after the 2nd world war, Neath didn't score a point and cited rough play, Neath were declared Welsh champions for the so called first class teams straight after the war but everybody knew Glynneath were better than them having just beaten them, Neath didn't want to know for a good few years after that until Glynneath had floodlights and a stand but Glynneath played the national team instead on the opening night.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Rugby fixtures are out. (n/t) on 19:51 - Jul 21 with 1764 viewsQuakerJack

Rugby fixtures are out. on 19:47 - Jul 21 by trampie

Glynneath beat Neath straight after the 2nd world war, Neath didn't score a point and cited rough play, Neath were declared Welsh champions for the so called first class teams straight after the war but everybody knew Glynneath were better than them having just beaten them, Neath didn't want to know for a good few years after that until Glynneath had floodlights and a stand but Glynneath played the national team instead on the opening night.

Hmmm... I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask my Grandad to corroborate that story.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 19:52]

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Rugby fixtures are out. (n/t) on 19:54 - Jul 21 with 1754 viewstrampie

Rugby fixtures are out. (n/t) on 19:51 - Jul 21 by QuakerJack

Hmmm... I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask my Grandad to corroborate that story.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 19:52]

Carry on butt.

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:16 - Jul 21 with 1722 viewspansypants

Glynneath beat the army sides not the REAL sides, otherwise you'd have a Springboks head in your clubhouse

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:25 - Jul 21 with 1704 viewstrampie

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:16 - Jul 21 by pansypants

Glynneath beat the army sides not the REAL sides, otherwise you'd have a Springboks head in your clubhouse

Glynneath beat a NZ side that contained lots of future All Blacks straight after the war [these was no internationals war time], 3 or 4 of them that was humbled up in Glynneath beat the British Lions in 1950.

Glynneath combined with Rhymney and went on tour to SA in the 60s to coincide with Wales first ever tour out there, the Springboks played some of their players in the matches in readiness to face the Welsh national team but Glynneath/Rhymney beat them, as the tour went on the villagers played stronger and stronger teams containing Springbok players, I think Glynneath/Rhymney won 3 out of 5 matches and for the record SA hammered Wales.

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:33 - Jul 21 with 1689 viewspansypants

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:25 - Jul 21 by trampie

Glynneath beat a NZ side that contained lots of future All Blacks straight after the war [these was no internationals war time], 3 or 4 of them that was humbled up in Glynneath beat the British Lions in 1950.

Glynneath combined with Rhymney and went on tour to SA in the 60s to coincide with Wales first ever tour out there, the Springboks played some of their players in the matches in readiness to face the Welsh national team but Glynneath/Rhymney beat them, as the tour went on the villagers played stronger and stronger teams containing Springbok players, I think Glynneath/Rhymney won 3 out of 5 matches and for the record SA hammered Wales.

Max Boyce never wrote a song about it though did he?

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:35 - Jul 21 with 1684 viewsperchrockjack

Painful to read

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:45 - Jul 21 with 1673 viewspansypants

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:35 - Jul 21 by perchrockjack

Painful to read

You're telling me!!!! Swansea RFC's demise has been no accident!! The apathy that has been around that club was only looked at earlier this year!!

They weren't helped financially by anyone but they never really put themselves out there.

They are trying to turn it around with a very big player recruitment but the catch 22 is that the players brought in will not be good enough for the Prem IF they do bounce back at first attempt.

The All Whites demise has caused many a poor mood with me and my old man.

The club appealed for help and i think some very dedicated die hards have turned out to paint the ground and help out in any way they can.

The passing of Byron Mugford was a hammer blow and it took him to be gone to realise how hard he worked for that club that he loved. No one quite realised how much he actually did.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 20:47]

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:55 - Jul 21 with 1658 viewsperchrockjack

Played against him.he smashed me

Rugby fixtures are out. on 21:09 - Jul 21 with 1639 viewspansypants

Rugby fixtures are out. on 20:55 - Jul 21 by perchrockjack

Played against him.he smashed me

He was a big man with an even bigger heart.

Rugby fixtures are out. on 21:12 - Jul 21 with 1635 viewsperchrockjack

True jack too

Rugby fixtures are out. on 22:12 - Jul 21 with 1596 viewsSlugster664

I was curious why you were so anti-regions, now I know. Surely though, it doesn't matter if little Glyn Neath never get to the top of Welsh rugby?! Surely it matters that the Wales national team succeeds and the 'top' teams(in our case the regions)are given every opportunity to be competitive in the league they're in and the European competition?

But I suppose this is why the WRU board had a vote of confidence due to clubs such as yours only thinking of themselves, not the betterment of the Welsh game......shame

PS I have always been a Whites fan first and foremost, but realised that pre-regionalism we were going nowhere.

STID

Rugby fixtures are out. on 23:00 - Jul 21 with 1567 viewstrampie

I'm all for regions butt, but proper ones, not Neath-Swansea Ospreys playing in either black or white, dropping the name was too little, too late, everybody knows what they are.

Rugby fixtures are out. on 23:52 - Jul 21 with 1542 viewsQuakerJack

Fcuk the regions. No heart no soul. Why not merge us with Cardiff and call us the Celtic Dragons or something American and lame.

Bring back the club game, I'd rather a highly charged competitive Welsh league where communities came together to watch their home towns go at each other fiercely than some farcical manufactured void. All our top players are leaving Wales anyway so what does it matter if they leave from Neath or the Ospreys...?

I was around in the 90s when Canada beat us and they were some dark times. But there's a misconception that Welsh Rugby turned a corner because of the regions, it didn't. The turning point was the 2003 world cup performance that paved the way for 2005 and the Slam, then all those that followed it. The regions were only formed that same year and those players who stunned the all blacks and outscored the eventual world champions in tries hadn't played for their regions yet... We got a decent crop coming through and we stopped a generation of drinkers and pie eaters who just weren't fit enough for the pro era, the regions had nothing to do with the success Wales have had over the last 10 years.

Rugby fixtures are out. on 00:03 - Jul 22 with 1538 viewstrampie

Rugby fixtures are out. on 23:52 - Jul 21 by QuakerJack

Fcuk the regions. No heart no soul. Why not merge us with Cardiff and call us the Celtic Dragons or something American and lame.

Bring back the club game, I'd rather a highly charged competitive Welsh league where communities came together to watch their home towns go at each other fiercely than some farcical manufactured void. All our top players are leaving Wales anyway so what does it matter if they leave from Neath or the Ospreys...?

I was around in the 90s when Canada beat us and they were some dark times. But there's a misconception that Welsh Rugby turned a corner because of the regions, it didn't. The turning point was the 2003 world cup performance that paved the way for 2005 and the Slam, then all those that followed it. The regions were only formed that same year and those players who stunned the all blacks and outscored the eventual world champions in tries hadn't played for their regions yet... We got a decent crop coming through and we stopped a generation of drinkers and pie eaters who just weren't fit enough for the pro era, the regions had nothing to do with the success Wales have had over the last 10 years.

The problem with the club game was it was a gentlemens club and a closed shop as well, many second class teams would have and did beat many of the old first class teams, Mountain Ash beat the British Lions.

Wales always had a soft underbelly due to playing running rugby in the first class game, they needed more dog, they needed more valley players in the forwards, Neath, Pooler and Ponty [as in pridd] were pussy cats compared to some valley teams up front yet they had a name in first class circles.

Rugby fixtures are out. on 06:27 - Jul 22 with 1514 viewsSlugster664

Rugby fixtures are out. on 23:52 - Jul 21 by QuakerJack

Oh......my.......God

I'm pulling out of this one. Clueless, utterly clueless.

STID

Rugby fixtures are out. on 07:51 - Jul 22 with 1500 viewsQuakerJack

Rugby fixtures are out. on 06:27 - Jul 22 by Slugster664

Oh......my.......God

I'm pulling out of this one. Clueless, utterly clueless.

Regardless of whether you think it's helped the national side or not, we all have a good laugh on here about the redbirds and selling their soul. What's the difference. At least they got relative success in terms of promotion out of it. What have the Welsh sides gained? The Ospreys won a few Celtic leagues.

Rugby fixtures are out. on 09:03 - Jul 22 with 1475 viewsBrockley_Jack

I agree in part with Quaker, but we are far to down the line now with the region thingy. The regions have had it now. Their only hope is to merge again. Scarlett's and hair sprays. Between them we might get a side good enough to win the European cup. Otherwise the regions will end up like the Scottish teams.
Rugby fixtures are out. on 09:32 - Jul 22 with 1466 viewsperchrockjack

We cannot go back as the damage is done.
There wasn't/isn't the money in Wales attract the best players as WALES is dirt poor and has shuite weather. Hardly attractive to a player who can earn his dough someone warm like Toulon, Biarritz or have the delights of PARIS on hand to enjoy.

Its that simple. Living in the teeth bitting Neath Pooler days are long gone .

TELL YA WHAT, Hows about the WRU and the players and the public get it together and quit squabbling ffs.

no fooking chance..
Still, seeing the game in this mess will give hours of pleasure to many on here

Rugby fixtures are out. on 09:38 - Jul 22 with 1461 viewsdickythorpe

It is bizarre how a salary cap was brought in.
Surely one of the 4 regions if not all could have worked harder to get more "money men" in a la Saracens/Toulon??
Forget this romantic notion that money cant buy you anything!! Fans and players of both clubs have never had it so good!!!

The club rugby days were great for the fans but during the mid90's to the eve of regionalism the debts that were being racked up were mind blowing.
Rugby fixtures are out. on 09:40 - Jul 22 with 1459 viewsperchrockjack

hi Dic.
Sense at last.
Wales cant be that fooking poor.

Ive not seen that many starving on the streets.

Its down to our incessant squabbling nature and this site is evidence alone.

I ve been on an Everton site and had less grief

Rugby fixtures are out. on 10:01 - Jul 22 with 1450 viewstrampie

The wru are the Governing body in Wales, no deals, no mediation, no more negotiations with the super clubs than any other club.

If I disagree with the Her Majestys Government, I can't say, oi me and 3 of my friends will have one vote, you can have one vote and if we disagree an independent chair can then have a vote to decide, forget the rest of the population.

Oh no the union is the clubs and the clubs are the union, these 4 rebellious teams are on very thin ice.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 10:39]

Rugby fixtures are out. on 10:53 - Jul 22 with 1430 viewsQuakerJack

Rugby fixtures are out. on 09:03 - Jul 22 by Brockley_Jack

I agree in part with Quaker, but we are far to down the line now with the region thingy. The regions have had it now. Their only hope is to merge again. Scarlett's and hair sprays. Between them we might get a side good enough to win the European cup. Otherwise the regions will end up like the Scottish teams.

Yeah I agree. We're passed the point of no return now, which is sad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024