Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? 14:31 - Jul 22 with 2220 viewsDavillin

Do you agree with this assessment from Paul Abbondonato comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen?

[May I suggest you rate your agreement in terms of a percentage -- 100% if you agree completely, etc.]

Sigurdssen is " a very similar player to Jonjo Shelvey,"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-abbandonato-totte

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 14:35 - Jul 22 with 2200 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

30%

They both have played in the same position for the swans
Both fancy a shot

Thats about it

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 15:03 - Jul 22 with 2073 viewsJackSomething

20% because they're both classed as midfielders and both can score from distance.

Abbandonato is being as dull as ever in questioning buying Gylfi when we have Shelvey as they will be playing in different positions. We have no-one to play AM at the moment, hence why we're probably paying more for Gylfi than we would like.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 17:09 - Jul 22 with 1833 viewsItchySphincter

I saw that earlier and the same though crossed my mind. I don't agree as it happens. It could be argued that they are both attack minded midfielders but to my eyes their games are very different.

Shelvey is very direct from deep positions where as Gylfi is a busier type player who will occupy a much more advanced position.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 17:24 - Jul 22 with 1790 viewssomersetsimon

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 17:09 - Jul 22 by ItchySphincter

I saw that earlier and the same though crossed my mind. I don't agree as it happens. It could be argued that they are both attack minded midfielders but to my eyes their games are very different.

Shelvey is very direct from deep positions where as Gylfi is a busier type player who will occupy a much more advanced position.

I don't think we've had a Gylfi-type midfield player since Gylfi left. The closest may be Pablo when he played in the middle, but that's a bit of a stretch. I'm looking forward to getting Gylfi back!
Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 17:30 - Jul 22 with 1765 viewsOldjack

Shelvey is more prone to silly passes he's also got brilliance in his locker ,Sigg is a steady Eddie type of player
so no
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 17:30]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 17:30 - Jul 22 with 1754 viewsNeath_Jack

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 17:09 - Jul 22 by ItchySphincter

I said on a thread somewhere yesterday.....

Gylfi = A Rooney type number 10.
Shelvey = A Gerrard type midfielder.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 18:22 - Jul 22 with 1644 viewsItchySphincter

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 17:30 - Jul 22 by Oldjack

Shelvey is more prone to silly passes he's also got brilliance in his locker ,Sigg is a steady Eddie type of player
so no
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 17:30]

We have slightly different recollections of Gylfi - I see him as a skillfull AM, far more dynamic than steady Eddie, don't you think?

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 20:25 - Jul 22 with 1492 viewsperchrockjack

Gylfi more intellectual and better temperament. MAYBE not as explosive but also less likely to be sent off/
I may be wrong

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 21:22 - Jul 22 with 1389 viewsDavillin

Rest easy. You're not.

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 21:46 - Jul 22 with 1332 views1jack

I never agree with anything abandoned his hat says.
Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 21:59 - Jul 22 with 1297 viewsStarsky

Both can score from free kicks, although i think Siggy will take them from now on.
Both can play the defence splitting passes. Sigurdsson the most cultured player of the 2.
Shelvey unpredictable.
Both very valuable members of our squad.
35% similarity.

It's just the internet, init.

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 22:02 - Jul 22 with 1288 viewsStarsky

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 21:22 - Jul 22 by Davillin

Rest easy. You're not.

The undertones in your words there were very strong.

It's just the internet, init.

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 23:36 - Jul 22 with 1156 viewsDavillin

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 22:02 - Jul 22 by Starsky

The undertones in your words there were very strong.

Not nearly as strong as yours.

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 23:59 - Jul 22 with 1109 viewsdameedna

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 23:36 - Jul 22 by Davillin

Not nearly as strong as yours.

I think he is very positive
Nice comment about Ramsey
Playing for Reading, Siggy popped up all over the park
Playing for Charlton, Shelvey did the same
When you get into the likes of Liverpool or Spurs territory so your qualities start to be dissected
Both these players are still young and will develop
Let them play their socks off in similar roles
Who's to know
Exciting times
Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 00:54 - Jul 23 with 1053 viewsItchySphincter

It's subjective but personally, from a Swans way, Gylfi is a better player. For our system like.

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 04:47 - Jul 23 with 962 viewsCatullus

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 00:54 - Jul 23 by ItchySphincter

It's subjective but personally, from a Swans way, Gylfi is a better player. For our system like.

I value them both in our system. Both can get goals, both can be creative. Siggy is probably more creative but Shelvey will get more tackles in.
I think they balance each other out.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 08:08 - Jul 23 with 851 viewsDewi1jack

There's bits I agree with and as Dav loves his stats, I'll go with 40%.

I hope this bit is true

"As for Davies, if he does shine for Spurs and nets another big money move in the future - entirely feasible, given his ability - my guess is that the Swans will have negotiated hard to secure any percentage of a sell-on clause."
Hopefully our board have managed to get add-ons past Levy, although Levy and HJ negotiating must have been fun to watch!

"Unlike Cardiff did with Aaron Ramsey, who left for £5m and must be worth £40m-plus these days. That’s what you call poor transfer business."

Sorry, just thought I'd put that in as well, because you just have to laugh at the unfortunate.
Although, they chose to follow a sh1te team so fukem.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 12:27 - Jul 23 with 708 viewslondonlisa2001

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 08:08 - Jul 23 by Dewi1jack

There's bits I agree with and as Dav loves his stats, I'll go with 40%.

I hope this bit is true

"As for Davies, if he does shine for Spurs and nets another big money move in the future - entirely feasible, given his ability - my guess is that the Swans will have negotiated hard to secure any percentage of a sell-on clause."
Hopefully our board have managed to get add-ons past Levy, although Levy and HJ negotiating must have been fun to watch!

"Unlike Cardiff did with Aaron Ramsey, who left for £5m and must be worth £40m-plus these days. That’s what you call poor transfer business."

Sorry, just thought I'd put that in as well, because you just have to laugh at the unfortunate.
Although, they chose to follow a sh1te team so fukem.

Just read this and while I disagree with his assessment that Gylfi is similar to Jonjo, this may be the most positive article I've ever read from him about the Swans! He's obviously unwell....
Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 14:37 - Jul 23 with 622 viewsDavillin

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 12:27 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

Just read this and while I disagree with his assessment that Gylfi is similar to Jonjo, this may be the most positive article I've ever read from him about the Swans! He's obviously unwell....

For a split second, I thought you were referring to me, and began to wonder about your "wellness" or whether you had moved over to the dark side.

I caught on almost immediately, thankfully.

Whew!

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 14:42 - Jul 23 with 616 viewslondonlisa2001

Do you agree with Abbandonato's assessment comparing Shelvey with Sigurdssen? on 14:37 - Jul 23 by Davillin

For a split second, I thought you were referring to me, and began to wonder about your "wellness" or whether you had moved over to the dark side.

I caught on almost immediately, thankfully.

Whew!

lol

no, I always feel that Mr Abbandonato is in his unbiased commentary about the Swans rather similar to Leighton James in his equally unbiased commentary on all things Cardiff
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024