Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23987 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 21:46 - Jul 24 with 1128 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 for our home friendly on 21:43 - Jul 24 by Darran

Why?

Because you're just trying to point score, and you know what silly b0ll0cks is up to. It's been a really good read the last couple of pages, you're just spoiling it. No offence meant to you of course.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£15 for our home friendly on 21:49 - Jul 24 with 1113 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 21:46 - Jul 24 by Neath_Jack

Because you're just trying to point score, and you know what silly b0ll0cks is up to. It's been a really good read the last couple of pages, you're just spoiling it. No offence meant to you of course.

I'm genuinely not trying to spoil it and if and when Phil announces the next Forum I promise to be there an hour before everyone else to save three seats for Dwight,Shaky and T2C in the front row.
It will be nice to get the answers to their very relevant questions.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 21:49 - Jul 24 with 1111 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 21:33 - Jul 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You all have no idea how heart warming it is to read that people are finally beginning to understand the point I have been bringing up for the past 6 months regarding questioning the board and their decisions. I knew the day would come where my vision would become real, and this thread is a sign we are getting there slowly. I am very happy this evening.

Thank you dear leader. Our veils have been lifted.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£15 for our home friendly on 21:50 - Jul 24 with 1110 viewsraynor94

£15 for our home friendly on 21:44 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

F*ck me he isn't getting it is he.. they were cheap hits.. without any money coming back in.. expand the stadium and reduce ticket prices.. the potential to claw back money over time.. plus gaining new fans.. more revenue for pubs.. while still taking dividends is actually possible and beneficial for the club, community and the fans.. surely If they're going to spunk millions on dross.. why not spunk millions on potential new customers.. our demand is worldwide after all.. a worldwide brand.. f*ck me give me a pint or job.

Seriously skippy you bang on often enough about it, why can't you get a job?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£15 for our home friendly on 21:54 - Jul 24 with 1091 viewsskippyjack

Let's take these questions to the board.. think in business terms not football.. let's take these t*ts to war! And their shoddy investments on Vasquez.. Lamah.. Canas.. Ngog.. cost us millions with no return.. if we can question them with a strategy with an almost guaranteed potential profit over time.. they'll listen... now all you 'skilled' people ram this down their throats.. and see some response... we've got cards.. let's use them.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

£15 for our home friendly on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 1077 viewsCatullus

£15 for our home friendly on 21:44 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

F*ck me he isn't getting it is he.. they were cheap hits.. without any money coming back in.. expand the stadium and reduce ticket prices.. the potential to claw back money over time.. plus gaining new fans.. more revenue for pubs.. while still taking dividends is actually possible and beneficial for the club, community and the fans.. surely If they're going to spunk millions on dross.. why not spunk millions on potential new customers.. our demand is worldwide after all.. a worldwide brand.. f*ck me give me a pint or job.

So do we expand without trying to improve the team? We can't do both if we don't keep the money rolling in.
Or do we go into debt?

There isn't a club of our size and stature who'd disagree with how we are run. But people without all the info think they know better?
We do not know for sure what our income to expenditure currently is.

Would I like cheaper prices, hell yes. Is it viable? How the feck do I know.
Maybe after expansion prices will come down, unlikely though.
But our season ticket prices, when did they last rise? Even though our expenditure has risen dramatically.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£15 for our home friendly on 22:05 - Jul 24 with 1063 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 21:58 - Jul 24 by Catullus

So do we expand without trying to improve the team? We can't do both if we don't keep the money rolling in.
Or do we go into debt?

There isn't a club of our size and stature who'd disagree with how we are run. But people without all the info think they know better?

But our season ticket prices, when did they last rise? Even though our expenditure has risen dramatically.

I find it interesting whether there is any point in the future of a partly 'fans owned club' where profits being distributed to the 'other' shareholders is accepted?

The reason for at lot of this 'anti' feeling in my view is that I don't think many people, when the Trust was set up, ever imagined this level of success. I know that I at the time, genuinely believed that there would be a limit to how far we could go because of our ownership structure. At that time though, I accepted it as part of the necessity of having a football club to support.

i don't think many really thought we'd get to this without a sugar daddy (I don't mean just in Swansea - I don't think anyone in football actually thought it was possible to reach the premier league on organic growth).

Supporters were prepared to see a few people risk their own money, but did they ever wonder how they would feel if it paid off like this and those few who invested are now worth millions as a result? Or did they just think that those that risked their money would, at best, not lose it all?
£15 for our home friendly on 22:13 - Jul 24 with 1051 viewsskippyjack

£15 for our home friendly on 21:58 - Jul 24 by Catullus

Or do we go into debt?

Mate.. we're in the green.. we're most definitely going to stay up this season.. worldwide brands earn mega money.. our expansion will cost 10-15 mil roughly.. reduce season tickets by 50-100.. lose 5 million.. 20 million... we will regain that in merchandise and regular ticket prices within a few years.. never mind prem money.. it's viable.. it's just are the board going to wait longer for a profit.. while also progressing the club. They always spout 'progression' and 'community'.. let's test the boards resolve

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 22:30 - Jul 24 with 1018 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 22:05 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

I find it interesting whether there is any point in the future of a partly 'fans owned club' where profits being distributed to the 'other' shareholders is accepted?

The reason for at lot of this 'anti' feeling in my view is that I don't think many people, when the Trust was set up, ever imagined this level of success. I know that I at the time, genuinely believed that there would be a limit to how far we could go because of our ownership structure. At that time though, I accepted it as part of the necessity of having a football club to support.

i don't think many really thought we'd get to this without a sugar daddy (I don't mean just in Swansea - I don't think anyone in football actually thought it was possible to reach the premier league on organic growth).

Supporters were prepared to see a few people risk their own money, but did they ever wonder how they would feel if it paid off like this and those few who invested are now worth millions as a result? Or did they just think that those that risked their money would, at best, not lose it all?

The roots of the anti view are pretty obvious to me. The club spent years saying they were fans running the club for our benefit and wouldn't take money out of it. Cue promotion and that flips.

Will divis ever be accepted? By many they have. There is already an upside with regards to the Trust fund which is a significant silver lining. But that historic view that the club still dines off of means there'll always be an issue for many.

£15 for our home friendly on 22:31 - Jul 24 with 1014 viewslonglostjack

£15 for our home friendly on 18:01 - Jul 24 by Jackfath

I confess to not being an expert on the in and outs of all this. However what is plainly evident is there seems to be a few people who feel there are some extremely interesting points which need clarifying.

Other seem to be suggesting these people are simply trying to rock the apple cart.

Surely questioning and debate is healthy and seeing as we have a suporters trust with representatives on the board, as fans deserve answers to even the most tricky of questions.

But then again, what do i know, I am just a subtle troll.

Fair enough but why don't these "critics" turn up at a Trust meeting and put their questions forward. If they are really true fans and have the club's interest at heart it would be the logical thing to do. If they're not prepared to do that then don't be surprised if the label Troll or keyboard warrior sticks.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

£15 for our home friendly on 22:37 - Jul 24 with 1000 viewsScoobyWho

£15 for our home friendly on 21:54 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

Let's take these questions to the board.. think in business terms not football.. let's take these t*ts to war! And their shoddy investments on Vasquez.. Lamah.. Canas.. Ngog.. cost us millions with no return.. if we can question them with a strategy with an almost guaranteed potential profit over time.. they'll listen... now all you 'skilled' people ram this down their throats.. and see some response... we've got cards.. let's use them.

Your basically asking them to account for a number of non signings that cost the club financially set against the likes of Ben and going back in time even Trundle and Scotland who were purchased for literally no money but made millions. Same thing, different outcome.

I sense irony here tho.

I mean lets hold them accountable for Amankwah while we are at it ;-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

£15 for our home friendly on 22:40 - Jul 24 with 991 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 22:37 - Jul 24 by ScoobyWho

Your basically asking them to account for a number of non signings that cost the club financially set against the likes of Ben and going back in time even Trundle and Scotland who were purchased for literally no money but made millions. Same thing, different outcome.

I sense irony here tho.

£15 for our home friendly on 22:42 - Jul 24 with 988 viewsScoobyWho

£15 for our home friendly on 22:40 - Jul 24 by Darran

An agreement in a picture is some progress I suppose.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 22:45]

£15 for our home friendly on 22:46 - Jul 24 with 976 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 22:42 - Jul 24 by ScoobyWho

An agreement in a picture is some progress I suppose.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 22:45]

Swings and roundabouts.

£15 for our home friendly on 22:51 - Jul 24 with 966 viewsskippyjack

£15 for our home friendly on 22:37 - Jul 24 by ScoobyWho

I sense irony here tho.

It's a bit different when you're a multi million 'world wide' brand though.. my proposal has merit.. expansion, reduced tickets = more customers = equals more revenue for the community = fans happy = profit over time.. while still competing in the league financially.. everyone is a winner.

£15 for our home friendly on 22:56 - Jul 24 with 952 viewsScoobyWho

£15 for our home friendly on 22:51 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

It's a bit different when you're a multi million 'world wide' brand though.. my proposal has merit.. expansion, reduced tickets = more customers = equals more revenue for the community = fans happy = profit over time.. while still competing in the league financially.. everyone is a winner.

Me, you and Chez Guevara mate ;-)

£15 for our home friendly on 23:30 - Jul 24 with 912 viewsJackhero

£15 for our home friendly on 21:32 - Jul 24 by _

No, I bet he doesn't.

Can you pick this one up for us Phil and have it on my desk for Monday morning, but you're onto something there, I think, good work squire ;-)

I doubt Phil knows, why would he? There are certain deals in place that make no sense at all, other than its a scratch my back sort of deal.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

£15 for our home friendly on 23:49 - Jul 24 with 894 viewsStarsky

£15 for our home friendly on 21:54 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

You forgot schecter

It's just the internet, init.

£15 for our home friendly on 23:50 - Jul 24 with 890 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 23:49 - Jul 24 by Starsky

You forgot schecter

Tate's contract too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 00:42 - Jul 25 with 865 viewsepaul

My f*kin eyes are bleeding after all that. Don't we all support the same club? So there is a hidden agenda where some prominet people are looking to make big bucks of the back o fthe club....alledgedly #garrymonksbarmyarmy....as you were

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

£15 for our home friendly on 06:32 - Jul 25 with 819 viewsDr_Winston

£15 for our home friendly on 22:30 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

The roots of the anti view are pretty obvious to me. The club spent years saying they were fans running the club for our benefit and wouldn't take money out of it. Cue promotion and that flips.

Will divis ever be accepted? By many they have. There is already an upside with regards to the Trust fund which is a significant silver lining. But that historic view that the club still dines off of means there'll always be an issue for many.

I have absolutely no problem with the dividends. I didn't at the time, I don't now and hopefully I won't in the future. Risks were taken, good works done and those who have shepherded the club over the last decade deserve to be rewarded for it.

I just believe that everybody should be benefitting from the clubs current financial strength, especially those who fork out their hard earned every season to support them. At the moment that is simply not happening beyond the occasional gesture.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 for our home friendly on 08:02 - Jul 25 with 785 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 06:32 - Jul 25 by Dr_Winston

I have absolutely no problem with the dividends. I didn't at the time, I don't now and hopefully I won't in the future. Risks were taken, good works done and those who have shepherded the club over the last decade deserve to be rewarded for it.

I just believe that everybody should be benefitting from the clubs current financial strength, especially those who fork out their hard earned every season to support them. At the moment that is simply not happening beyond the occasional gesture.

That's pretty much where I'm at. If I saw £1m going back to the fans, then there'd be much less of an issue.

£15 for our home friendly on 08:07 - Jul 25 with 780 viewsouttolunch

£15 for our home friendly on 08:02 - Jul 25 by Uxbridge

That's pretty much where I'm at. If I saw £1m going back to the fans, then there'd be much less of an issue.

They did start last year with £250,000 towards away travel. I presume they will do similar this season. I note £15 off if you go away to man u and man c.
£15 for our home friendly on 08:07 - Jul 25 with 780 views3swan

£15 for our home friendly on 08:02 - Jul 25 by Uxbridge

Much the same here as well.

As well as things have been done over the years to get us to where we are, when it comes to P.R. the club fails on many counts.

The smaller things on their own mean very little, but added together looks as if the club are not learning from feedback, and don't think things through in enough detail.
£15 for our home friendly on 08:08 - Jul 25 with 777 viewsjakarmi

£15 for our home friendly on 22:13 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

Mate.. we're in the green.. we're most definitely going to stay up this season.. worldwide brands earn mega money.. our expansion will cost 10-15 mil roughly.. reduce season tickets by 50-100.. lose 5 million.. 20 million... we will regain that in merchandise and regular ticket prices within a few years.. never mind prem money.. it's viable.. it's just are the board going to wait longer for a profit.. while also progressing the club. They always spout 'progression' and 'community'.. let's test the boards resolve

Feck me - spot on reply/post Catullus. Couldnt you have put this reponse on page 1 and save me reading the last 16 pages.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 8:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024