Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you hold it against Gylfi? 13:31 - Jul 25 with 3086 viewsthejack1912

Does anyone still have a bitter taste towards Gylfi for snubbing us for spurs? Tbf he was a 22 year old who left for a crack at the top 4 after having 2 difficult years before having a great loan spell with us, which is understandable in my eyes but I know a lot of people have slated him for re signing.

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 18:47 - Jul 25 with 787 viewsStarsky

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 18:44 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Good point. Obviously I can't possibly be anyone who's posted on this thread though. That would be totally hypocritical
As for me being affected by the sun - not really. He suited Brendan's game perfectly, slow measured build ups in the main and Gylfi having the craft to pick the pass through the appearing gaps.

I was hoping that we'd still try to keep a bit of the Laudrup style (from his first season) where we attack quickly and more directly. If Gylfi can do his stuff in a quicker attacking style then we're on a winner.

He's not going to run,he's going to pivot. Just like Russell Coughlin used to

It's just the internet, init.

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 18:50 - Jul 25 with 780 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 18:47 - Jul 25 by Starsky

He's not going to run,he's going to pivot. Just like Russell Coughlin used to

Can one "pivot" at speed Dave?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 18:55 - Jul 25 with 776 viewsDavillin

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 18:50 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Can one "pivot" at speed Dave?

In the States, we call that "cutting."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 19:13 - Jul 25 with 761 viewsLiam

I second a lot of what others say. He's a great signing. I read quite a few spurs fans say they're upset he didn't get a good run in their squad that shows his caliber.

I think he knows he has unfinished business with this club the way he left. I'm hoping for good times ahead. Think emnes and Gylfi coming back are an omen for great things to come.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 19:18 - Jul 25 with 750 viewsOldjack

Not in the slightest

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 19:20 - Jul 25 with 748 viewsattila_the_hun

Gylfi never applauds the fans back or responds to us at all

"I'm Free"

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 19:25 - Jul 25 with 741 viewsoldcob

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 19:20 - Jul 25 by attila_the_hun

FFS.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 19:44 - Jul 25 with 719 viewsOldjack

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 19:20 - Jul 25 by attila_the_hun

His English was poor at the time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 19:50 - Jul 25 with 716 viewsGundog

Do I hold it against Gylfi hhmmm

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 22:29 - Jul 25 with 659 viewsPrivate_Partz

We do not hold a grudge against Michu so how we can possibly have a downer on poor Gylfi I will never know.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 22:35 - Jul 25 with 651 viewsDanielswan

I always talk about how pretty danish girls are, but have you guys ever been to iceland. Its the land of beauty ... so many gorgious chicks overthere its breathtaking, yes ... I have no grudges vs Gylfi.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 23:35 - Jul 25 with 622 viewsJacknblack

Yes. "It was an easy choice to join us" why didn't he join 2 years ago he was going to sign for Brendan and then Laudrup came to town. Why not sign if as he now states "it was an easy decision" that quote is up there with Roberto saying he would have to be carried out of the Swans.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 00:07 - Jul 26 with 605 viewsveng9

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 23:35 - Jul 25 by Jacknblack

Yes. "It was an easy choice to join us" why didn't he join 2 years ago he was going to sign for Brendan and then Laudrup came to town. Why not sign if as he now states "it was an easy decision" that quote is up there with Roberto saying he would have to be carried out of the Swans.

Because as you said, it was two years ago and after that time period has decided that he would prefer to play for us?
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 00:17 - Jul 26 with 596 viewsStarsky

Rubbish... Why would he sign for us at the time.
. We initially were managerless and then Laudrup publicly stated he could
buy cheaper from Spain... Michu.

It's just the internet, init.

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 00:18 - Jul 26 with 593 viewsgrampajack

Just to add to the confusion ...... I have often mused that transfers in general and 'returns' in particular are very much like that fab (I think so) little ditty ....... 'Paradise by the dashboard light' by Meatloaf.
As fans we like to believe it is for ever (or as long as we think they are playing well anyway!) but for PROFESSIONAL sports people it is ALL about Money .... terms ..... conditions .... opportunities ( if they manage to negotiate a good crack) ...... etc.
Thoughts?
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 05:18 - Jul 26 with 511 viewsScoobyWho

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:53 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Live's too short to hold grudges against people, let alone professional footballers.

Negative energy is bad for you and if you feel you have this in your system, you need to look at ways of expelling it.

Yeah, well questioning our countries sporting achievement would be one way of showing how negative one person can be ? Can it not ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 10:00 - Jul 26 with 474 viewsAnotherJohn

Don't have any problem at all with Gylfi's decision to join Spurs, though I admit I was disappointed at the time. My worry is about whether he will in fact lay on chances for others, something he failed to do at Spurs and arguably didn't do for Danny Graham. That is why I am still hoping we sign Payet. I would prefer to be proved wrong on this, and wish Gylfi all the best. He will certainly score a few goals.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 12:11 - Jul 26 with 450 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 10:00 - Jul 26 by AnotherJohn

Don't have any problem at all with Gylfi's decision to join Spurs, though I admit I was disappointed at the time. My worry is about whether he will in fact lay on chances for others, something he failed to do at Spurs and arguably didn't do for Danny Graham. That is why I am still hoping we sign Payet. I would prefer to be proved wrong on this, and wish Gylfi all the best. He will certainly score a few goals.

Kind of what I'm thinking John. I think we definitely need another type of AM like Payet or Morrison to mix our game up a little. I'm hoping we don't go back to "tippy tappy" as a default setting just because it suited Brendan and us at the time (first PL season - had to keep the ball away from the opposition to stay up).
We have showed we can be far bolder than that and more succesful with a quicker and more direct game. We have the players to do it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024