Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth fan here 20:22 - Jul 27 with 16443 viewspafcgreens

Hi all.

I've just got home from the game today.

First of all, I had a quick look at the match thread on here, plenty about McCormick. Most Argyle fans are very happy with the fact he's our keeper, he is a fan's favourite, I have no issue at all with him being at the club. He did a terrible thing, but anybody who has met him knows Luke doesn't have a bad bone in his body, great guy and club rep, hence why he's club captain. I'd also like to say, Luke get's hounded like a dog home and away from opposition fans, I didn't hear anything from your bunch at all today which was a welcome surprise. He's largely considered to be the best, or one of the best keepers in League 2, today's error was uncharacteristic.

On to the game.

It was really good to see Jonjo Shelvey come over to our fans to sign some autographs for some kids, and one adoring Liverpool fan who had come along to see Shelvey, seemed a really top guy and he was applauded by the home fans.

The opening exchanges were a bit cagey. With the opening goal I'll have to see a replay, might have been a blooper from Luke, but I get the feeling that in a league game, with that stand full instead of empty, it would have been given as a foul, hmm.

You dominated the opening half an hour really, Shelvey was excellent, as were your CM's. Dyer had a tough time against our LB.

We came in to the game more toward the end and it took the side netting and a smart save to deny an equaliser.

In the second half, we changed our formation and you struggled to deal with us for the opening 20 mins of the second period, this is the time we needed a goal. But the 2nd killed our momentum, good ball in, not dealt with, and a good finish. The third, great movement, lovely goal, and the fourth, just about the best free kick I've seen in many a year of watching football.

Your best player's were Shelvey and Gylfi Sigurdsson when on.

A decent 5000 strong crowd today, and credit to the 400 or so of your lot, made good noise and great to see both sets of fans applauding each other at the final whistle.

All the best for the season
Plymouth fan here on 14:28 - Jul 28 with 1044 viewsScoobyWho

Plymouth fan here on 14:25 - Jul 28 by Darran

I reckon you're wrong.

I know of someone who at the age of 14 took his fathers car got done for drinking and driving and got banned for 18 months.

I only said 'reckon' I've no idea, I don't mix with this type of person, I tend to go to work, look after the family and do things that keep them happy and safe.

Unlike this cu nt.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Plymouth fan here on 14:39 - Jul 28 with 1012 viewsUplandsJack

I reckon you're wrong.

I know of someone who at the age of 14 took his fathers car got done for drinking and driving and got banned for 18 months.

I'm really finding it hard to comprehend why some of you are so hung up on this guy...
Look he made an awful mistake like the majority of young men do every single weekend up and down the country, but his cost a young family their lives. The judicial system subsequently punished him with a prison term (whether the sentence was long enough is not really ours to judge) he duly completed his sentence and therefore has paid his price to society and now should be allowed to continue with his life... I would imagine he has the torment of living with the choices he made that night/early morning, every single day and will continue to do so for the rest of his life.... Enough said.
Thanks to the people who posted about the game though as being away on hols, I feel slightly out of the loop... Though have seen the goals on SSN this morning and must add Gylfi' free kick was top draw!
Plymouth fan here on 14:41 - Jul 28 with 1008 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just put JF on ignore dude, makes the site far more bearable.
Plymouth fan here on 14:49 - Jul 28 with 975 viewsLe_Swans

I reckon you're wrong.

It used to be on conviction, it now comes into effect once they've served time, and rightly so.
Was changed a few years ago I believe after a mother who lost someone to a drink driver campaigned for it.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 14:57]
Plymouth fan here on 14:56 - Jul 28 with 962 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth fan here on 14:39 - Jul 28 by UplandsJack

I'm really finding it hard to comprehend why some of you are so hung up on this guy...
Look he made an awful mistake like the majority of young men do every single weekend up and down the country, but his cost a young family their lives. The judicial system subsequently punished him with a prison term (whether the sentence was long enough is not really ours to judge) he duly completed his sentence and therefore has paid his price to society and now should be allowed to continue with his life... I would imagine he has the torment of living with the choices he made that night/early morning, every single day and will continue to do so for the rest of his life.... Enough said.
Thanks to the people who posted about the game though as being away on hols, I feel slightly out of the loop... Though have seen the goals on SSN this morning and must add Gylfi' free kick was top draw!

Torment.. and his choice..

Darran has one arm and a leg.. it wasn't his choice.
That girl has to moved to Brighton.. it wasn't her choice.
Disabled kids get ridiculed.. it wasn't their choices..
They feel unaccepted and make their condition worse
Unemployed people are looked down on.. for some it isn't their choice

But yet the killer gets more respect and can continue his life.. without a hitch.. you could say he's tormented.. the c*nt doesn't know what torment is.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Plymouth fan here on 14:59 - Jul 28 with 957 viewsJackoBoostardo

Plymouth fan here on 14:39 - Jul 28 by UplandsJack

The mistake I made this morning when I stubbed my little toe on the corner of my door. Turns out - nobody died as a result of my reckless action when still knackered from a late night (although I did swear a little which would have made a grandma faint maybe).

Your connection is flawed and ridiculous. Drinking and Driving is NOT a mistake - it is a decision made by the driver that changes a vehicle into a deadly weapon. It was a decision made by the driver to take his car keys on a bender, instead of leaving them at home and instead getting a taxi. It was a decision that resulted in the deaths of a family!

We all make decisions each day, and the vast majority of decisions are thankfully not life or death (unless you work for the emergency services). However, you cannot argue that we do not have enough information in which to make an informed decision to drive whilst drunk, as the risks have been heavily publicised for decades!!!

And his punishment? A short prison term before getting back to normality, and another well paid job?! Who says crime doesn't pay!? You want to explain the same guff you've just spouted to the remaining family members who have lost pretty much everything?

So instead of finding it hard to comprehend why we're so pissed by this guy still being in the role of a footballer, get your head out of your ass and open your eyes. 'Awful mistakes' involve losing your debit card or being overheard by the person you're slagging off!

I was compelled to post this response as there is some bullshit spouted I cannot let slide.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 15:01]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Plymouth fan here on 15:29 - Jul 28 with 897 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I've been trying to find out the exact circumstances for this incident but all I know is that he was driving a Range Rover on the M6 at twice the drink drive limit when he crashed at 5.45 am on his way back from a wedding reception.
I wonder how far he drove? If he drove from Plymouth to Stoke at over twice the limit he was playing Russian roulette with anyone out there on that motorway's lives.
Isn't it amazing how many footballers who actually do this? I can't comprehend the recent case of a Cardiff player getting caught driving his car home from some nightclub to his flat down the bay. Hasn't he heard of taxi's?
And McCormick should have stayed overnight and got the morning train home. It's not like pro footballers can't afford it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Plymouth fan here on 15:34 - Jul 28 with 887 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 15:29 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I've been trying to find out the exact circumstances for this incident but all I know is that he was driving a Range Rover on the M6 at twice the drink drive limit when he crashed at 5.45 am on his way back from a wedding reception.
I wonder how far he drove? If he drove from Plymouth to Stoke at over twice the limit he was playing Russian roulette with anyone out there on that motorway's lives.
Isn't it amazing how many footballers who actually do this? I can't comprehend the recent case of a Cardiff player getting caught driving his car home from some nightclub to his flat down the bay. Hasn't he heard of taxi's?
And McCormick should have stayed overnight and got the morning train home. It's not like pro footballers can't afford it

He'd been at a wedding in Bolton and was returning to Plymouth.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth fan here on 15:40 - Jul 28 with 873 viewsLe_Swans

Plymouth fan here on 15:34 - Jul 28 by Darran

Also, he didn't have insurance apparently.
Plymouth fan here on 15:44 - Jul 28 with 857 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Plymouth fan here on 15:34 - Jul 28 by Darran

FFS did he really think he could make that drive in his condition ? What an arsehole. There are no circumstances mitigating or otherwise that could be used to justify his actions. Hadn't he heard of trains or hiring drivers ? Unbelievable .

Plymouth fan here on 15:45 - Jul 28 with 845 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Plymouth fan here on 15:40 - Jul 28 by Le_Swans

Also, he didn't have insurance apparently.

Poor dab probably couldn't afford it . P*ss taking tw*t.

Plymouth fan here on 15:49 - Jul 28 with 830 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 15:44 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

FFS did he really think he could make that drive in his condition ? What an arsehole. There are no circumstances mitigating or otherwise that could be used to justify his actions. Hadn't he heard of trains or hiring drivers ? Unbelievable .

He'd apparently had a row on the phone with his girlfriend who was at home in Plymouth and he jumped in the car to sort it out.

Plymouth fan here on 15:55 - Jul 28 with 809 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Plymouth fan here on 15:49 - Jul 28 by Darran

He'd apparently had a row on the phone with his girlfriend who was at home in Plymouth and he jumped in the car to sort it out.

Could he have just stayed at the party and sh*gged somebody else? Plus he could still have got the train. Where the hell were any of his mates in all this? Surely someone saw him getting into his car p*ssed?

Plymouth fan here on 17:48 - Jul 28 with 716 viewsNeath_Jack

He didn't just make a "mistake".

A footballer is not comparable to a plumber/bricklayer.

I'm not going to expand on those points, simply because anyone with a modicum of sense does not need it explained.

I'm out.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Plymouth fan here on 20:52 - Jul 28 with 616 viewsStarsky

Plymouth fan here on 09:08 - Jul 28 by Glossolalia

I find your post most ironic Jackfath. You started the banality on this thread, and so people react, and rightly so. I wouldn't call you attention seeking; I'd call you an insufferable bore who has too much time on his hands.

If you don't initiate the tediousness then the thread will remain on topic.

I have been on this board for about 7 years, so I am well qualified to say that Jackfath and Darran contribute some of the most petulant and ill-conceived posts, day in, day out.

Change your tune; this is a communal football board, not a personal blog or diary!

I'll tell you what Glossolia... You come on here shouting the odds from your exceedingly high horse screaming your ridiculous outrage at the likes of Darran & Jackfath and have the cheek to question their contribution to this site.
At least they contribute to the site, in 7 years you've posted 3 times. I find Darran and Jackfath quite entertaining but I can understand that some on here, who take the forum far too seriously, have trouble dealing with them.
So i suggest you go to either go onto the Vital Swansea or SCFC2 forums and leech the info off their sites.
You don't contribute didly squat to this site but you have the gall to insist that we all abide by your stuffy standards.
Goodbye, you won't be missed. We didn't know you existed tbh.

Disclaimer; No profanity was used in the dressing down of this poster.

It's just the internet, init.

Plymouth fan here on 20:57 - Jul 28 with 605 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plymouth fan here on 20:52 - Jul 28 by Starsky

I'll tell you what Glossolia... You come on here shouting the odds from your exceedingly high horse screaming your ridiculous outrage at the likes of Darran & Jackfath and have the cheek to question their contribution to this site.
At least they contribute to the site, in 7 years you've posted 3 times. I find Darran and Jackfath quite entertaining but I can understand that some on here, who take the forum far too seriously, have trouble dealing with them.
So i suggest you go to either go onto the Vital Swansea or SCFC2 forums and leech the info off their sites.
You don't contribute didly squat to this site but you have the gall to insist that we all abide by your stuffy standards.

Very passionate, Starsk.

Are you speaking in tongues?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

Plymouth fan here on 20:58 - Jul 28 with 597 viewsDarran

I still don't know WTF I've done?

Plymouth fan here on 21:00 - Jul 28 with 593 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plymouth fan here on 20:58 - Jul 28 by Darran

Some nonsense or other about machetes I think. Not sure though.

Poll: Tory leader

Plymouth fan here on 21:01 - Jul 28 with 586 viewsperchrockjack

You're not prepared to. Forgive or forget his selfishness killed apparently

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Plymouth fan here on 21:02 - Jul 28 with 578 viewsDafyddHuw

Plymouth fan here on 20:58 - Jul 27 by dgt73

You're spot on, what your keeper did was terrible and was a mistake and if it had happened to my family i could never forgive him. He didn't tho set out to kill anyone and lots of people have got behind the wheel of a car under the influence of drink/drugs, not that I'm condoning it, but to call him a child killer is wrong, he made a terrible mistake and I'm sure not a moment goes by without him thinking about it.

"He didn't tho set out to kill anyone". He crashed at 97 mph ffs. He was over the limit. It's like walking around with a loaded gun which has a hair-trigger.
Plymouth fan here on 21:03 - Jul 28 with 573 viewsJackfath

My mistake was saying l like it when opposing fans clap each other.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Plymouth fan here on 21:03 - Jul 28 with 574 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 21:00 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

Some nonsense or other about machetes I think. Not sure though.

Oh right I don't care then.

Plymouth fan here on 21:05 - Jul 28 with 567 viewsItchySphincter

I was trying to get him to see he was being a tw@t earlier too. Zero contribution but to berate others about their contribution, odd.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Plymouth fan here on 21:07 - Jul 28 with 555 viewsItchySphincter

You've done f*ck all different to what you always do. There seems to be a trend and clique developing of some thinking thy're better than others and deciding that this forum is for whatever they decide it is for. Pathetic.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Plymouth fan here on 21:07 - Jul 28 with 554 viewsStarsky

Plymouth fan here on 20:57 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

Very passionate, Starsk.

Are you speaking in tongues?

This post has been edited by an administrator

To be honest Clasie, I had a dig at Skippyjack for posting continually off topic on this match thread. That's done and moves on. Skippyjack contributes to the site and gives as good as he gets.
What boils my urine is the likes of Glossy frowning all over this site without posting except to have a go.
He doesn't contribute, at all, just leeches the info and then complains about it.
I remember having the misfortune of him giving me the same treatment 5 YEARS AGO when I answered one of his few requests with a witty retort (in good taste) and he told me that I was the type of poster that made him decide to stop posting on this site (jack army).
Truth is, he's never posted on these sites. He doesn't appear to have the social skills to achieve this.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024