Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ice bucket thingy 15:50 - Aug 20 with 12367 viewsDarran

It's really f*cking tedious now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

That ice bucket thingy on 22:25 - Aug 20 with 1379 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 22:23 - Aug 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

It is dreadful .

ALS / MND is the same dreadful disease.

Paul Walker.

That ice bucket thingy on 22:30 - Aug 20 with 1370 viewsepaul

That ice bucket thingy on 22:25 - Aug 20 by Darran

Paul Walker.

As in Paul Walker who was a tidy footie player? if so was in the same class as me in school. Hell of a nice boy

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

That ice bucket thingy on 22:32 - Aug 20 with 1366 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Indeed .

Tragic

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

That ice bucket thingy on 22:49 - Aug 20 with 1339 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 22:30 - Aug 20 by epaul

As in Paul Walker who was a tidy footie player? if so was in the same class as me in school. Hell of a nice boy

Yes Paul that one,been a few years now and probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

That ice bucket thingy on 23:03 - Aug 20 with 1330 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

That ice bucket thingy on 22:49 - Aug 20 by Darran

Yes Paul that one,been a few years now and probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

That ice bucket thingy on 00:07 - Aug 21 with 1301 viewsepaul

That ice bucket thingy on 22:49 - Aug 20 by Darran

Absolutely Dar, I got on well with him, a sad, sad loss

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

That ice bucket thingy on 00:13 - Aug 21 with 1298 viewsBLAZE

My Nan died of MND almost 2 years ago, as did her brother and one of her sisters before her. It's rare to affect multiple people in one family, but can be hereditary if there's a faulty gene - which there looks to be in our case. I may carry the gene for all I'm aware

Essentially your body shuts down around you, but your mind is the last to go. You're left a prisoner in your own shell.... I'm thankful for the extra exposure, even if it has gone over the heads of some participants. I hear donations are up 1000s of % on this time last year

I'm actually doing a sponsored weight loss for MND at the moment. Pound donated for every pound lost. Dropped a stone in 3 weeks, but have another 3 to go. There's about £500 pledged if (when) I hit the target *BAYO*
That ice bucket thingy on 00:45 - Aug 21 with 1280 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 00:07 - Aug 21 by epaul

Absolutely Dar, I got on well with him, a sad, sad loss

This'll cheer you up anyway Paul,what a man eh?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729969/George-W-Bush-accepts-daughter-J

Login to get fewer ads

That ice bucket thingy on 06:39 - Aug 21 with 1245 viewsepaul

That ice bucket thingy on 00:45 - Aug 21 by Darran

This'll cheer you up anyway Paul,what a man eh?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729969/George-W-Bush-accepts-daughter-J

Yeah I saw that one

That ice bucket thingy on 06:57 - Aug 21 with 1244 viewscsf

Probably the most high profile sufferer is Stephen Hawking, when my Dad was ill with it in the 80's that was the name that was mentioned along with David Niven and Lou Gehrig.
That ice bucket thingy on 07:43 - Aug 21 with 1228 viewsNeath_Jack

Funny how the biggest critics of it in this here thread also claim to give plenty to charity and surprisingly enough, they are the biggest attention seekers on here. Strange that.

Anything that draws attention to this wicked disease is a good thing imo, and if only 10% of those taking part donate to charity it's a good thing surely.

Boring it may be, seeing the same thing over and over again, but if money is being raised off the back of it, let them get on with it. It was getting on my tits a bit, but when you think about it, does it really matter what they do.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

That ice bucket thingy on 08:24 - Aug 21 with 1209 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 07:43 - Aug 21 by Neath_Jack

Funny how the biggest critics of it in this here thread also claim to give plenty to charity and surprisingly enough, they are the biggest attention seekers on here. Strange that.

Anything that draws attention to this wicked disease is a good thing imo, and if only 10% of those taking part donate to charity it's a good thing surely.

Boring it may be, seeing the same thing over and over again, but if money is being raised off the back of it, let them get on with it. It was getting on my tits a bit, but when you think about it, does it really matter what they do.

Does it really matter what any of us do?

Even the "biggest attention seekers on here"?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

That ice bucket thingy on 08:30 - Aug 21 with 1207 viewsNeath_Jack

That ice bucket thingy on 08:24 - Aug 21 by Jackfath

Does it really matter what any of us do?

Even the "biggest attention seekers on here"?

I'm sure that makes sense in your little world my friend, but sadly, i have no idea what point you're trying to make. Here's your chance to come back with something witty, go........

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

That ice bucket thingy on 08:40 - Aug 21 with 1190 viewsllangyfelach

I genuinely thought it was for Macmillan cancer? My brother did it on the 4th of August and donated to them? Either way, self publicity or not, if somebody is prepared to make a biff of themselves to donate to charity then its ok with me. Is the same view offered to people who run 10k's, halfs or full marathons for nominated charities? Yes, of course there is a level of self gratification when a race gets completed, but surely the end result of extra money and awareness is worth putting up with a bit of trumpet blowing?

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

That ice bucket thingy on 09:06 - Aug 21 with 1156 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 07:43 - Aug 21 by Neath_Jack

That ice bucket thingy on 09:50 - Aug 21 with 1129 viewsNeath_Jack

That ice bucket thingy on 08:40 - Aug 21 by llangyfelach

I genuinely thought it was for Macmillan cancer? My brother did it on the 4th of August and donated to them? Either way, self publicity or not, if somebody is prepared to make a biff of themselves to donate to charity then its ok with me. Is the same view offered to people who run 10k's, halfs or full marathons for nominated charities? Yes, of course there is a level of self gratification when a race gets completed, but surely the end result of extra money and awareness is worth putting up with a bit of trumpet blowing?

Great post that Mart.

That ice bucket thingy on 09:57 - Aug 21 with 1125 viewsllangyfelach

That ice bucket thingy on 09:50 - Aug 21 by Neath_Jack

Great post that Mart.

I always get a bit sensitive when fundraising is mentioned as its something so close to my heart, especially where cancer is concerned. The biggest shame of it all is that these fundraising stunts have to happen in the first place. Imagine a world with no cancer, or no Motor Neurone Disease, eh? How else would these companies make the billions they do?

That ice bucket thingy on 10:01 - Aug 21 with 1123 viewsJackSomething

That ice bucket thingy on 08:40 - Aug 21 by llangyfelach

Indeed. I appreciate the 'look at me' aspect of it is a tad annoying, but if it raises awareness and donations, what's the problem? If the videos annoy you, don't watch them? Even if some people aren't donating, enough are that donations have gone through the roof since this campaign started.

I appreciate Rockin's point that a lot of the biggest charity work is done anonymously, but I think people should publicise what they do. If a celebrity explains why they work with/give money to a charity, perhaps this knowledge will encourage their fans to contribute their time or money. Win/win.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

That ice bucket thingy on 10:09 - Aug 21 with 1110 viewsBaker

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

That ice bucket thingy on 10:33 - Aug 21 with 1084 viewsllangyfelach

That ice bucket thingy on 10:01 - Aug 21 by JackSomething

Indeed. I appreciate the 'look at me' aspect of it is a tad annoying, but if it raises awareness and donations, what's the problem? If the videos annoy you, don't watch them? Even if some people aren't donating, enough are that donations have gone through the roof since this campaign started.

I appreciate Rockin's point that a lot of the biggest charity work is done anonymously, but I think people should publicise what they do. If a celebrity explains why they work with/give money to a charity, perhaps this knowledge will encourage their fans to contribute their time or money. Win/win.

[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 10:54]

That ice bucket thingy on 11:38 - Aug 21 with 1046 viewsMrSwerve

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

That ice bucket thingy on 11:46 - Aug 21 with 1038 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 11:38 - Aug 21 by MrSwerve

Who is he?

That ice bucket thingy on 11:49 - Aug 21 with 1035 viewsMrSwerve

That ice bucket thingy on 11:46 - Aug 21 by Darran

Who is he?

Jackfath.

That ice bucket thingy on 11:50 - Aug 21 with 1032 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 11:49 - Aug 21 by MrSwerve

Jackfath.

So he's not a celebrity then?

That ice bucket thingy on 11:51 - Aug 21 with 1029 viewsMrSwerve

That ice bucket thingy on 11:50 - Aug 21 by Darran

So he's not a celebrity then?

It's a bloke called TheArchfiend who talks about controversial things now and again, used to be moderately well known on Youtube but not anymore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024