Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That big massive Swans fan Leighton James 10:52 - Aug 21 with 3717 viewsDarran

In the away end on Saturday and doesn't want Swansea to win.
Of course he's entitled to do what he wants but I've said many times on here over the years that he was a great player but one of the biggest bell ends ever to play for us.
How the f*ck he can write a column for a paper that's supposed to support Swansea and write this guff is beyond me anyway,perhaps it's just me,slate away.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/LEIGHTON-JAMES-COLUMN-heart-says-draw-he

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:24 - Aug 21 with 609 viewsStarsky

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:12 - Aug 21 by Catullus

I feel the love Dar! Maybe you should have said he, instead of your though

Nope. You're the only one who saw it the wrong way

It's just the internet, init.

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:26 - Aug 21 with 606 viewsexiledclaseboy

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:24 - Aug 21 by Starsky

Nope. You're the only one who saw it the wrong way

Cat tends to get offended quite easily. Bless his delicate little flowers.

Poll: Tory leader

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:29 - Aug 21 with 594 viewsDarran

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:18 - Aug 21 by Neath_Jack

Alternatively, he doesn't want us to lose. Stupid f*cking argument either way.

It should be about us wining end of.

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:30 - Aug 21 with 589 viewsNeath_Jack

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:29 - Aug 21 by Darran

It should be about us wining end of.

Why?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:36 - Aug 21 with 579 viewsDarran

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:30 - Aug 21 by Neath_Jack

Why?

You must be the most disagreeable f*cker on here lately.

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:37 - Aug 21 with 577 viewsicecoldjack

Leighton James is a bitter,drunk old goat who is jealous of any footballer from 1988 onwards .

Why the guy gets his own newspaper column ive no idea, spent plenty of time digging into former managers and players here,who were giving 100% at the time . he has failed in management almost every single time, proving he is out of touch and clueless.

Good player but a total idiot on the newspaper,radio and TV .

Nothing wrong with him supporting Burnley, he had 8 yrs there and 3 at the Swans which kinda makes the point, there are far more deserving old pro's that played for us and gave far more service who could do a much better job than a washed up drunk like James.

He seems to have a sense of entitlement that he is Mr Swansea when in actually fact he put in less time here than the likes of freestone,walker and many others.

To put a bit of perspective on it, Mark Gower been at the club longer than Leigthon and played at the top division with the Swans the same amount of time. Not comparing them as footballers ,James was class , but some people think James was Mr Swansea and he never was really.

Just my take on it, sorry to offend Leighton james fans.
That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:40 - Aug 21 with 570 viewsraynor94

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:37 - Aug 21 by icecoldjack

Leighton James is a bitter,drunk old goat who is jealous of any footballer from 1988 onwards .

Why the guy gets his own newspaper column ive no idea, spent plenty of time digging into former managers and players here,who were giving 100% at the time . he has failed in management almost every single time, proving he is out of touch and clueless.

Nothing wrong with him supporting Burnley, he had 8 yrs there and 3 at the Swans which kinda makes the point, there are far more deserving old pro's that played for us and gave far more service who could do a much better job than a washed up drunk like James.

He seems to have a sense of entitlement that he is Mr Swansea when in actually fact he put in less time here than the likes of freestone,walker and many others.

To put a bit of perspective on it, Mark Gower been at the club longer than Leigthon and played at the top division with the Swans the same amount of time. Not comparing them as footballers ,James was class , but some people think James was Mr Swansea and he never was really.

Excellent post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:40 - Aug 21 with 570 viewsDarran

I'm falling in love with you lately Icey great post.

Login to get fewer ads

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:44 - Aug 21 with 560 viewsOptimisticJack

We have an old family friend from Burnley who is now in his 80's. A Burnley fan for umpteen years and very knowledgeable. He said that there is a massive amount of middle aged men in the Burnley area named Leighton James etc. He went there as a brilliant 15 year old and thereafter became a true Burnley legend. Legend is overused these days but in the eyes of many Burnley fans he was and still is a legend.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 20:45]

Optimisticjack

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:54 - Aug 21 with 543 viewsdickythorpe

Never met the man and probably wouldnt want to -but I enjoy him on the radio as he is different from the norm.

He does sound like a ranting old drunk. "If one more person tells me we are too good to go down I'll scream " was a catchphrase nearly all of last season.

I have heard my cricketing mates say how aggressive he can be whilst umpiring.

When he gave some batsmen out dubiously he used to go " hey you, don't roll your eyes at me".
That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:08 - Aug 21 with 532 viewsicecoldjack

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:40 - Aug 21 by Darran

I'm falling in love with you lately Icey great post.

I knew you'd come round in the end Darran !
That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:18 - Aug 21 with 517 viewsicecoldjack

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:44 - Aug 21 by OptimisticJack

We have an old family friend from Burnley who is now in his 80's. A Burnley fan for umpteen years and very knowledgeable. He said that there is a massive amount of middle aged men in the Burnley area named Leighton James etc. He went there as a brilliant 15 year old and thereafter became a true Burnley legend. Legend is overused these days but in the eyes of many Burnley fans he was and still is a legend.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 20:45]

Yes i heard similar, he is indeed a football legend...at Burnley not Swansea IMO.

Shouldn't he really be commenting on football up there instead of here ? as i said in my post, he played there for 8yrs in total but only 3yrs for us, so i never quite understood why he was seen as the font of all things Swans.

We have had so many past players who were loved and respected by the fans who put in most of their career playing for us in the lower leagues, id rather listen to any one of those than listen to James, who has dined out 10 fold on his 3 yrs spent playing for the swans.

If Burnley love him so much please take him back on the bus Saturday night !
That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:29 - Aug 21 with 508 viewsDarran

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:08 - Aug 21 by icecoldjack

I knew you'd come round in the end Darran !

Aye you're orite.

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:41 - Aug 21 with 494 viewsperchrockjack

Burnley makes it's mark on you

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:52 - Aug 21 with 483 viewsStarsky

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:29 - Aug 21 by Darran

Aye you're orite.

I've been telling you that for weeks mun

It's just the internet, init.

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:57 - Aug 21 with 474 viewsperchrockjack

We re now chums too daz

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 22:11 - Aug 21 with 466 viewsDarran

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 21:52 - Aug 21 by Starsky

I've been telling you that for weeks mun

I don't listen to you.

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 22:18 - Aug 21 with 455 viewsswancity

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 22:11 - Aug 21 by Darran

I don't listen to you.

James enjoyed many successful years at Burnley FC and consequently developed a fondness of the Club. He was also a hugely successful Swansea City player and one of the top wide players around in his prime.

Quite why a simpleton like prosser would find the need to have a pop at him for expressing his honest views is beyond. You see thicko, it's possible for a human being to have happy memories of more than one football club . Or is that too hard for your numbskull to comprehend.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 22:24 - Aug 21 with 446 viewsDarran

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 22:18 - Aug 21 by swancity

James enjoyed many successful years at Burnley FC and consequently developed a fondness of the Club. He was also a hugely successful Swansea City player and one of the top wide players around in his prime.

Quite why a simpleton like prosser would find the need to have a pop at him for expressing his honest views is beyond. You see thicko, it's possible for a human being to have happy memories of more than one football club . Or is that too hard for your numbskull to comprehend.

That's not hard to comprehend at all just don't try and fool people into thinking you're Swanseas number one sage.

I hope that's not too difficult for you to comprehendb

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 09:42 - Aug 22 with 352 viewsCatullus

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 20:26 - Aug 21 by exiledclaseboy

Cat tends to get offended quite easily. Bless his delicate little flowers.

Yeah, it's funny that, because in person I rarely take offence, even when some is meant!!

I'm not good at reading between the lines on t'internet!!

Never mind, there's worse things I could be.

But at least I can admit my faults.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 346 viewsCatullus

Excellent post and puts it in perspective. I can understand why Darran thinks as he does, an ex Swan in a local paper should be backing us. But papers don't sell if their not controversial!! And LJ loves a bit of controversy.

Totally agree on the column, give it to a more deserving ex Swan......Freestone anyone?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

That big massive Swans fan Leighton James on 09:47 - Aug 22 with 345 viewsUxbridge

Retired footballer in wanting to sit with his friends and wanting his two old teams not to lose shocker.

I can only assume Leighton clamped Darran.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024