Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys 17:13 - Aug 30 with 46583 viewsDarran

You know the ones,Warwick,Spratty,T2C.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:13 - Sep 3 with 2077 viewsSpratty

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 16:55 - Sep 3 by londonlisa2001

I'm not rubbishing him ? I'm just 'anti rubbishing' Monk.

Spratty keeps on saying that Monk was instrumental in getting rid of Laudrup and I believe this to be untrue (which is not the same, by the way, as saying that Monk and other senior players liked him - I believe that they didn't and thought training to be disorganised and not structured enough) but I don't believe that's more than a single reason amongst many that he went.

As you say, and it is correct, I liked Laudrup, but that doesn't change the fact that I thought he had to go when he did (I would have said a month earlier possibly). The two things are not inconsistent, since the performance of Laudrup himself wasn't consistent. Similarly, in rubbishing Spratty's bile on Monk's part in it all, that is not being anti Laudrup or rubbishing his achievements.

The reason that it is all getting 'muddied' is 2 fold in my view. One is that people being generally supportive of Monk (like I am) are seen as being 'against Laudrup' which is not true.

Secondly, Laudrup went from having a wonderful first 8 months or so (pretty much up to the cup win and the game with Newcastle after it which took us past 40 points) to having an absolutely dreadful record after that. It's not rubbishing the first 8 months to say that the next 11 months was terrible - it's just what it was.

So you didn't quite recently feed the myth of him going off to Paris on holiday after the West Ham game.

Even though he actually took a single day off that he had pre-arranged with the chairman to attend to a personal matter and he was so upset at being accused of just going off to Paris that he made a statement to this effect and to say he had not gone to Paris.

Of course you would say we only have Laudrup's word for that but do you actually think he would make such a statement that could be disproved especially as our chairman (when asking all the bile against him stop) said he was the most genuine and honest person you could meet.

So you are quite willing to perpetuate that lie as many others but don't mention the independent testimony of fans and bus driver about the vomit comet trip to the races arranged by the Monk after a long break and just days before the West Brom debacle. A team we normally do well against and they in the most terrible form. That is far from balanced.

Perhaps you can give me some examples of my bile - because I think you will find I generally stick to the facts.

BTW I did an analysis of the post cup games on here. As I recall we had a goal quite clearly wrongly disallowed (W.Brom I think) if that was discounted then apart from our very disappointing final game the average performance was fine. Still if you want to consider a top ten PL finish as poor knock yourself out. How you can realistically run 2 seasons together when 7th place was beyond our reach and a wrongly disallowed goal robbed us of 8th place (which we would I recall still have achieved if it wasn't for the final poor game) I don't know.

Or the fact that last season despite major key injuries and a massively congested fixture list (and from my repeated observation a sulking team captain that was not leading), Laudrup not only managed to keep us in the FA Cup and Europe but managed to maintain almost identical like for like PL points with the previous seasons excellent top ten finish. Something not achieved by his successor even with the late surge and almost fully fit team and a much lighter fixture list. Bear in mind I repeatedly raise this not to diss Garry's achievements but to counter repeated claims against Laudrups performance such as you make and many many before you.

If Laudrup had to go why did Huw agree he should stay (at a prearranged meeting to discuss that - which obviously would have carefully been prepared for) only for "something" to cause him to make an extraordinary U turn and sack him by email later that day?

"Spratty keeps on saying that Monk was instrumental in getting rid of Laudrup and I believe this to be untrue" You yourself don't deny Monks involvement, Ash even went into print about it. I referred to concern at Monk's part in disposing of said manager. I assume you understand the word part. So given we both think he played a part on what basis are you attacking me as bile ridden.

Do you think Monk was supporting the manager, why was he trying to impose his values on the team over those of the manager. Didn't he formally complain from the off about Laudrup and drop it when he was doing so well. Isn't he known for outspokenly complaining. Didn't he slag off Angel on TV. None of these things lessen any achievement he makes for which he should receive rightful acknowledgement, but if you give it out you should be able to take it when you are less than perfect yourself.
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:32 - Sep 3 with 2031 viewsSpratty

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 18:33 - Sep 3 by ItchySphincter

Right, just so I got this straight, you're comparing yourself to a rape victim is it? F*ck my eyes indeed. Spratty, seriously now?

No as I already said, I am pointing out that you blaming the victim of the abuse is totally unreasonable.

As you seem unable to understand that given your post doing that very thing. I was giving you a magnified example of that that may help you to understand the underlying concept.

Being called an Horrendous C*unt by a mod in response to a polite and reasoned post is indeed abusive. Not least when said mod has been constantly having a go at me for months.
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:34 - Sep 3 with 2019 viewsDarran

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:32 - Sep 3 by Spratty

No as I already said, I am pointing out that you blaming the victim of the abuse is totally unreasonable.

As you seem unable to understand that given your post doing that very thing. I was giving you a magnified example of that that may help you to understand the underlying concept.

Being called an Horrendous C*unt by a mod in response to a polite and reasoned post is indeed abusive. Not least when said mod has been constantly having a go at me for months.

It wasn't horrendous it was hideous.

Just saying.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:37 - Sep 3 with 2008 viewsScoobyWho

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:34 - Sep 3 by Darran

Just saying.

Will,you now be banned retrospectively for saying that by a new moderator ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:41 - Sep 3 with 2002 viewsDarran

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:37 - Sep 3 by ScoobyWho

Will,you now be banned retrospectively for saying that by a new moderator ?

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:50 - Sep 3 with 1981 viewsItchySphincter

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:32 - Sep 3 by Spratty

Fair play Sprout, you don't often use crude language but you are one slippery git. I haven't blamed you for anything and I even said I wasn't supporting anyone - I merely pointed out that you were once again centre stage in a horrendous thread. Your use of language is clever and manipulative by I can see that you absolutely have 100% conviction in everything you write and believe to be true. Like I said earlier "not quite right".

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 20:21 - Sep 3 with 1947 viewsStarsky

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 18:47 - Sep 3 by FearOfAJackPlanet

As someone else pointed out earlier, it's not even as if we have a game this weekend to help break through the fog of insanity that's descended on the board.

It's strangely compelling though, and, like touching a sore tooth, I can't help but have a look at the threads concerned when I know it's going to be painful...I just caught up on today's instalment, and...oh my...

The Internet, eh? good work.

I just can't log off. It's become my guilty pleasure.

It's just the internet, init.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 20:23 - Sep 3 with 1941 viewsStarsky

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:34 - Sep 3 by Darran

Just saying.

Arse

Login to get fewer ads

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 23:01 - Sep 3 with 1815 viewsperchrockjack

Well at least true colours are showing.

Laudrup fans believe he was hard done be and board were wrong to appoint monk.

We ve had an outstanding start and have World Cup players within our ranks..

This would tend to suggest those slagging off a board and manager now feel they have to justify themselves instead of....

I was wrong

I m sorry to be so offensive.

Without mods this place is dangerous as. Any of you can be defamed .thete are no safeguards now so bear that in mind

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 23:03 - Sep 3 with 1817 viewsItchySphincter

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 23:01 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

This would tend to suggest those slagging off a board and manager now feel they have to justify themselves instead of....

I was wrong

Without mods this place is dangerous as. Any of you can be defamed .thete are no safeguards now so bear that in mind

Well said Perchie.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 23:13 - Sep 3 with 1795 viewsStarsky

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 23:01 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

I was wrong

Defamed?
Let them try. I'll poll them!

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 23:18 - Sep 3 with 1781 viewsperchrockjack

Put it this way.

No mods.

Chrissy accuses you of being complicate in criminal activity.

Or maybe you re an accountant and it's said you atre fiddling

Or an engineer and reckons you've misappropriated funds on a project..

Mods are thete to help. ,

They ve nearly all gone

Ffs. Ask yourselves why..

Sanctimonious ,yeah I've had worse..

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 00:41 - Sep 4 with 1732 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 19:13 - Sep 3 by Spratty

So you didn't quite recently feed the myth of him going off to Paris on holiday after the West Ham game.

Even though he actually took a single day off that he had pre-arranged with the chairman to attend to a personal matter and he was so upset at being accused of just going off to Paris that he made a statement to this effect and to say he had not gone to Paris.

Of course you would say we only have Laudrup's word for that but do you actually think he would make such a statement that could be disproved especially as our chairman (when asking all the bile against him stop) said he was the most genuine and honest person you could meet.

So you are quite willing to perpetuate that lie as many others but don't mention the independent testimony of fans and bus driver about the vomit comet trip to the races arranged by the Monk after a long break and just days before the West Brom debacle. A team we normally do well against and they in the most terrible form. That is far from balanced.

Perhaps you can give me some examples of my bile - because I think you will find I generally stick to the facts.

BTW I did an analysis of the post cup games on here. As I recall we had a goal quite clearly wrongly disallowed (W.Brom I think) if that was discounted then apart from our very disappointing final game the average performance was fine. Still if you want to consider a top ten PL finish as poor knock yourself out. How you can realistically run 2 seasons together when 7th place was beyond our reach and a wrongly disallowed goal robbed us of 8th place (which we would I recall still have achieved if it wasn't for the final poor game) I don't know.

Or the fact that last season despite major key injuries and a massively congested fixture list (and from my repeated observation a sulking team captain that was not leading), Laudrup not only managed to keep us in the FA Cup and Europe but managed to maintain almost identical like for like PL points with the previous seasons excellent top ten finish. Something not achieved by his successor even with the late surge and almost fully fit team and a much lighter fixture list. Bear in mind I repeatedly raise this not to diss Garry's achievements but to counter repeated claims against Laudrups performance such as you make and many many before you.

If Laudrup had to go why did Huw agree he should stay (at a prearranged meeting to discuss that - which obviously would have carefully been prepared for) only for "something" to cause him to make an extraordinary U turn and sack him by email later that day?

"Spratty keeps on saying that Monk was instrumental in getting rid of Laudrup and I believe this to be untrue" You yourself don't deny Monks involvement, Ash even went into print about it. I referred to concern at Monk's part in disposing of said manager. I assume you understand the word part. So given we both think he played a part on what basis are you attacking me as bile ridden.

Do you think Monk was supporting the manager, why was he trying to impose his values on the team over those of the manager. Didn't he formally complain from the off about Laudrup and drop it when he was doing so well. Isn't he known for outspokenly complaining. Didn't he slag off Angel on TV. None of these things lessen any achievement he makes for which he should receive rightful acknowledgement, but if you give it out you should be able to take it when you are less than perfect yourself.

I've fed no myths about Laudrup or anyone else. I haven't perpetuated any stories / lies about Laudrup or anyone else.

But I love your new approach to stats, which basically seems to say that we would have done better if we'd scored goals that we didn't score and not played badly in games that we played badly in. I don't consider top 10 poor - I've already said that the first 8 months under Laudrup were great - after the cup they weren't but we had enough points on the board to make sure that we finished where we did despite the bad run (I'm talking about the actual results here, nit what the run would have looked like if we'd ignored the crap games).

And you keep on falling into the trap of saying that I think Monk is perfect when I have never said that. The only 'perfection' is that which you attribute to Laudrup. And please in the name of everything stop going on and on about Huw saying Laudrup was 'the most honest and genuine.....blah blah blah' - it's as though that now transcends all else with you - open your eyes to what was going on will you - it's not too difficult to spot if you actually stop and think about it and timings etc.
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 02:12 - Sep 4 with 1694 viewsStarsky

Why don't you stop spamming. Stay on your own forum.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 02:14 - Sep 4 with 1693 viewsSwansNZ

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 02:12 - Sep 4 by Starsky

Why don't you stop spamming. Stay on your own forum.

or at least put it in the correct thread...
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/118510/this-will-be-our-

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 08:25 - Sep 4 with 1610 viewsDJack

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 18:47 - Sep 3 by FearOfAJackPlanet

As someone else pointed out earlier, it's not even as if we have a game this weekend to help break through the fog of insanity that's descended on the board.

It's strangely compelling though, and, like touching a sore tooth, I can't help but have a look at the threads concerned when I know it's going to be painful...I just caught up on today's instalment, and...oh my...

The Internet, eh? good work.

It's painful but I've just been catching up with the latest posts. It's worse than watching history's worst ever, over the top, soap opera... in Flemish with Urdu subtitles.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 08:28 - Sep 4 with 1605 viewsNeath_Jack

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 23:18 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

Put it this way.

No mods.

Chrissy accuses you of being complicate in criminal activity.

Or maybe you re an accountant and it's said you atre fiddling

Or an engineer and reckons you've misappropriated funds on a project..

Mods are thete to help. ,

They ve nearly all gone

Ffs. Ask yourselves why..

Sanctimonious ,yeah I've had worse..

The mods haven't gone anywhere you fanny. They have just gone off the mod list.

Log off and go for a walk for a few days ffs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 08:42 - Sep 4 with 1580 viewsDJack

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 16:50 - Sep 3 by Spratty

I think LL has moved quite rapidly on from the repeated I "quite liked" strategy employed in the early days of the immaculately timed entry to posting on this site.

One of a number of transparent ploys, nonetheless interesting to observe.

One question Spratty. What's the weather like on your planet.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 09:20 - Sep 4 with 1551 viewsperchrockjack

I ll give you fanny you bad boy.

So the mods resign which to me means they don't do the job they had.
Normally that's what resigning is about..

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 18:35 - Sep 4 with 1452 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 00:41 - Sep 4 by londonlisa2001

I've fed no myths about Laudrup or anyone else. I haven't perpetuated any stories / lies about Laudrup or anyone else.

But I love your new approach to stats, which basically seems to say that we would have done better if we'd scored goals that we didn't score and not played badly in games that we played badly in. I don't consider top 10 poor - I've already said that the first 8 months under Laudrup were great - after the cup they weren't but we had enough points on the board to make sure that we finished where we did despite the bad run (I'm talking about the actual results here, nit what the run would have looked like if we'd ignored the crap games).

And you keep on falling into the trap of saying that I think Monk is perfect when I have never said that. The only 'perfection' is that which you attribute to Laudrup. And please in the name of everything stop going on and on about Huw saying Laudrup was 'the most honest and genuine.....blah blah blah' - it's as though that now transcends all else with you - open your eyes to what was going on will you - it's not too difficult to spot if you actually stop and think about it and timings etc.

Gerra room ewe two

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 18:56 - Sep 4 with 1424 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 18:35 - Sep 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Gerra room ewe two

thanks for that :-)
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 18:05 - Dec 29 with 1172 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Who will be laughing tonight?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024