Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obama 18:01 - Aug 31 with 2562 viewskeeponrockin

Worse President than Bush?

All the BBC luvvie nonsense aside, he has been a disaster - weak, weak, weak
Obama on 18:17 - Aug 31 with 2537 viewsLohengrin

He's no Kingfish, that boy.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Obama on 18:19 - Aug 31 with 2525 viewsacejack3065

Unless he allows another attack on American soil resulting in more than 3000 dead, then follows up with illegally invading two countries then he's got a long way to go before he's worse than Bush.
Obama on 18:22 - Aug 31 with 2518 viewskeeponrockin

Obama on 18:19 - Aug 31 by acejack3065

Unless he allows another attack on American soil resulting in more than 3000 dead, then follows up with illegally invading two countries then he's got a long way to go before he's worse than Bush.

At least with Bush you knew where you stood, the neo cons policies will live with us for a long, long time.

But when you consider what is going on he is like the polar opposite. His weakness has seen Russia encroach further into Europe and he has even stated they have no strategy in relation to IS.

We need a strong President right now, I don't mean he should be invading left, right and centre just showing some bloody leadership and tactical awareness.
Obama on 18:24 - Aug 31 with 2513 viewskeeponrockin

I'm largely against intervention but the way we're becoming more isolationist after the disastrous endeavours of early 2000's is just as dangerous as well.

Disastrous era in relation to foreign policy.
Obama on 18:29 - Aug 31 with 2499 viewsjohnlangy

In answer to the question, not possible.

In answer to the statement, can't really argue although the setup in American politics is strange to say the least. It's probably not a completely accurate comparison (someone will correct me I imagine) but, with the Senate and the House of Representatives, it's a bit like us having a Labour government who are trying to do something and the House of Lords (which has a majority of Conservatives) having the power to vote the legislation down.
Obama on 19:26 - Aug 31 with 2454 viewslonglostjack

Obama on 18:29 - Aug 31 by johnlangy

In answer to the question, not possible.

In answer to the statement, can't really argue although the setup in American politics is strange to say the least. It's probably not a completely accurate comparison (someone will correct me I imagine) but, with the Senate and the House of Representatives, it's a bit like us having a Labour government who are trying to do something and the House of Lords (which has a majority of Conservatives) having the power to vote the legislation down.

Poor bloody Yanks - damned if they intervene damned if they don't.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Obama on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 2452 viewslonglostjack

Obama on 19:26 - Aug 31 by longlostjack

Sorry that was a reply to the OT

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Obama on 19:34 - Aug 31 with 2440 viewsSwanzay

He will be flying into CWL at a guess on Tuesday. Bush takes some beating on the worst stakes.
Login to get fewer ads

Obama on 19:54 - Aug 31 with 2414 viewskeeponrockin

I suppose my major point is that the hype around him is beyond a joke because he's black (mixed race actually) & liberal - reality is he is very average at best
Obama on 20:01 - Aug 31 with 2406 viewsdickythorpe

His wife has filled her boots since he got the job. Always on shopping sprees!!!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 20:01]
Obama on 21:52 - Aug 31 with 2333 viewsacejack3065

Obama on 19:54 - Aug 31 by keeponrockin

I suppose my major point is that the hype around him is beyond a joke because he's black (mixed race actually) & liberal - reality is he is very average at best

He's not lived up to the hype at all but that was mainly down to how desperate swathes of the american people were to see the back of his predecessor. The hype came from his smooth tongue and the american peoples burning desire for a real change from the neocons.

He's had to deal with terrible economic, domestic and foreign policy issues left over from the previous administration as well as a republican party that has failed to engage at almost any level.

He's done well to come out of this with an average reputation at best.
Obama on 22:19 - Aug 31 with 2313 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Same government, different puppet.
Obama on 22:28 - Aug 31 with 2306 viewsSwanzay

Obama on 22:19 - Aug 31 by Curcubita_Ultra

Same government, different puppet.

Well said! If anyone believes Obama is 'in power' they are are mad!
Obama on 22:41 - Aug 31 with 2294 viewsrossshaw

Obama on 19:26 - Aug 31 by longlostjack

Completely agree with this. If he started another war people would be up in arms about that...

Trundle could still do a job..

Obama on 08:46 - Sep 1 with 2234 viewsYrAlarch

A huge disappointment, but largely not his fault as the President doesn't govern the USA. All his big ideas have been totally watered down by a Republican dominated Senate and he has been powerless when trying to deal with the interest groups like the NRA. He is such a wonderful Orator, something we don't have in Britain now, as it appears to be a dying art. However, it seems that he has retreated to the golf course and is just seeing out his term of Office.
Obama on 09:21 - Sep 1 with 2217 viewsbalboajack

Well according to a friend who's 'something to do' with this NATO visit, Obama has brought 1200 staff with him (no typo).

Also, on the list of requests that they sent through for their visit, one of the requests was to "close this little road here".

It was the M4.
Obama on 09:24 - Sep 1 with 2215 viewsClinton

Neither Obama or Bush measured up to the 42nd President. Just saying.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Obama on 09:35 - Sep 1 with 2208 viewsGowerjack

Obama on 18:17 - Aug 31 by Lohengrin

He's no Kingfish, that boy.

Borderline....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Obama on 09:37 - Sep 1 with 2205 viewsjohnlangy

Obama on 09:24 - Sep 1 by Clinton

We are truly honoured by your presence Mr President.
Obama on 09:52 - Sep 1 with 2195 viewsShaky

Obama on 09:24 - Sep 1 by Clinton

Correct, and a tragedy that his reputation was tarnished by a simple misunderstanding; all he asked her was to sack his cook.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Obama on 09:55 - Sep 1 with 2191 viewsClinton

Obama on 09:52 - Sep 1 by Shaky

Correct, and a tragedy that his reputation was tarnished by a simple misunderstanding; all he asked her was to sack his cook.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024