Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Canas 16:04 - Sep 1 with 11397 viewsSwan91

I get that he's not wanted here and we only got him on a free transfer but it would've been nice to get something for him instead of selling him for nothing. Even 500,000 would've been useful.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 16:56]
Canas on 22:24 - Sep 1 with 2090 viewsDarran

Canas on 22:22 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

In your opinion.

Canas had half a season playing a position that took leon britton years to master, i bet there are many "crap" players that get to move to the likes of Espanyol .

Seen enough of him to know he would have done just fine here, the main problem was that he was challenging a club favourite, and that didnt go down well with one of the cliques .

Always gave 100% on the field so for me i wish him well,didn't do much wrong here at all, a victim of circumstance more than ability .

But thats football init.

Just my opinion of course

Where'd he play before he signed for us then in goals is it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Canas on 22:31 - Sep 1 with 2043 viewslonglostjack

Canas on 21:44 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

He was crap.

Yep - no great loss

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Canas on 22:37 - Sep 1 with 1999 viewsicecoldjack

Canas on 22:24 - Sep 1 by Darran

Where'd he play before he signed for us then in goals is it?

What a daft reply.

You honestly think that specific position in our team takes a couple of weeks to master ?

Its probably the biggest key position in the whole Swans team, ask Jonjo (6m quid) and Ki sung (5,5m quid) why they can't master it either if thats the case.

Canas (free) was doing well and adjusting to how we play, for sure you can get somebody to come in and take leons job to the same standard but be prepared to cough up £10m plus.

I always thought part of the Swansea way was to take players and mould them into our system and style . Some take longer than others but canas did fine.

You can be a good midfielder but it can take time to understand what those around you do with the ball under pressure, leon operates in automatic mode in those situations,knowing exactly where the likes of Ash,Rangel,Vorm and Ben/Taylor will be. Of course thats why leon passes square so often and canas would play it forward more often, sometimes giving it away in the process.
Canas on 22:39 - Sep 1 with 1990 viewsicecoldjack

Canas on 22:31 - Sep 1 by longlostjack

Yep - no great loss

I agree, not the end of the world that he has gone but id draw the line at calling him crap myself.
Canas on 22:43 - Sep 1 with 1973 viewsDarran

Canas on 22:37 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

What a daft reply.

You honestly think that specific position in our team takes a couple of weeks to master ?

Its probably the biggest key position in the whole Swans team, ask Jonjo (6m quid) and Ki sung (5,5m quid) why they can't master it either if thats the case.

Canas (free) was doing well and adjusting to how we play, for sure you can get somebody to come in and take leons job to the same standard but be prepared to cough up £10m plus.

I always thought part of the Swansea way was to take players and mould them into our system and style . Some take longer than others but canas did fine.

You can be a good midfielder but it can take time to understand what those around you do with the ball under pressure, leon operates in automatic mode in those situations,knowing exactly where the likes of Ash,Rangel,Vorm and Ben/Taylor will be. Of course thats why leon passes square so often and canas would play it forward more often, sometimes giving it away in the process.

So what's his previous position then?

Canas on 23:03 - Sep 1 with 1921 viewsicecoldjack

Canas on 22:43 - Sep 1 by Darran

So what's his previous position then?

Midfield.

The better question is do you think Leon britton is a defensive midfielder or a deep laying link player ?

bla,bla,bla.

When have the Swans ever played an out and out defensive midfielder ?

Our job description for that position means you need to do a bit of everything, which takes time to learn,which took leon time to learn, which canas needed time to learn.

Its all simple stuff really Darran
Canas on 09:11 - Sep 2 with 1809 viewscyril

Canas on 21:02 - Sep 1 by Slugster664

Source Cyril????

You sluggy

The devil is in the detail

Canas on 09:14 - Sep 2 with 1801 viewscyril

What a daft reply.

Well said

The devil is in the detail

Login to get fewer ads

Canas on 09:20 - Sep 2 with 1790 viewsDarran

How did he need time to learn when everyone thought he was better than Britton after one game then?

Revisionism at it's finest.

Canas on 09:27 - Sep 2 with 1773 viewsUxbridge

Canas on 09:20 - Sep 2 by Darran

How did he need time to learn when everyone thought he was better than Britton after one game then?

A very apt last sentence there.

The squad's weaker for his departure IMO. That's the only relevant question here.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Canas on 09:35 - Sep 2 with 1752 viewsNeath_Jack

What a daft reply.

That is a superb post.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Canas on 09:48 - Sep 2 with 1720 viewsDarran

Canas on 09:35 - Sep 2 by Neath_Jack

That is a superb post.

Well it's obviously why we haven't signed anyone then isn't it,you know if it's going to take so long to learn it like.
Surely his last game for us was around March because Monk definitely started him,it was the game where he was like a minge and got taken off,he must be a slow learner.

*EDIT* 15th of March it was against WBA,nearly an whole season and he still hadn't picked it up,great player.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Canas on 10:08 - Sep 2 with 1690 viewsicecoldjack

Canas on 09:20 - Sep 2 by Darran

Everyone?

Not me that's for sure.

I hardly think that's true, in fact I'd say canas has been on a loser from day one with a lot of fans purely because he isn't Leon.

Revisionism by some perhaps,but everyone? Nah, your the one revising darran.

Anyway, doesn't matter what I think ,monk decided he is not part of his plans for whatever reason and decided the job is to be shared out between Ki,jonjo ,foulton and the kid from spurs.

We have got away with that position in the first few games but it will bite us when we start playing more organized teams IMO .

I wish canas all the best, not world class but could've done a decent job rotating with Leon .
Canas on 10:20 - Sep 2 with 1678 viewsJack_Daniels

I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid about Canas leaving had we actually gone out and bought a player to compete with Leon for a position which is integral to our setup.

This is one area where the squad is now weaker than we finished last season as we had 2 DM players and now we have 1 with no idea when he will be fit.

For me Canas was ok, nothing special by any means. He had some good games in Europe and the PL before the new year but after that he was pretty poor. Whether that had anything to do with off the field matters or not I have no idea.
Canas on 10:34 - Sep 2 with 1656 viewsicecoldjack

Canas on 10:20 - Sep 2 by Jack_Daniels

I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid about Canas leaving had we actually gone out and bought a player to compete with Leon for a position which is integral to our setup.

This is one area where the squad is now weaker than we finished last season as we had 2 DM players and now we have 1 with no idea when he will be fit.

For me Canas was ok, nothing special by any means. He had some good games in Europe and the PL before the new year but after that he was pretty poor. Whether that had anything to do with off the field matters or not I have no idea.

Yeah, sums up the situation for me to.

It also would perhaps explain something else. Leon is number 1 and always will be so any player coming in would be understudy to him, it would be very hard to tell a new signing that unless they are young prospect or a young player on loan .

I don't know if that is true or not of course but maybe the likes of jack cork or even basic would want to move as a first team player only? If there was any truth that we looked at them of course.

Canas was a decent short term fix and IMO if he had been featuring now we may even have sold him for a bit of money, we could have afforded to turn off the crowd facing advertising hoardings then!

Canas on 16:30 - Sep 2 with 1393 viewsItchySphincter

He's probably the most hyped transfer I remember. One idiot even argued with me that he was free, therefore he was great value. Neglected to mention that he was crap though. Complete let down and we are in no way weaker due to his departure. Leech.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Canas on 17:52 - Sep 2 with 1313 viewsDrizzy

Never saw the fuss with Canas. Mediocre player who offers very little in our midfield. Don't see how this substantially weakens our squad as when Leon is fit he is nowhere near the starting XI.

Sunsh is bang on.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Canas on 18:14 - Sep 2 with 1269 viewsskippyjack

Another player gone on a free..

Situ.. free cost 250k..
Orlandi..free
Lita..free.. cost nearly 2 million
Moore..free..
Bessone..free
Moreira..free.. cost 1 million
Beattie..free.. cost 800k
Gower..free
Augustin..free
Cotterill..free..cost 600k
Pintado..free.. cost 180k
Canas..free
Ngog..free
Dr Vries..free
Pratley..free
Britton..free
Lopez..free
Painter..free

Gets beyond

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Canas on 19:24 - Sep 2 with 1201 viewsDrizzy

Canas on 18:14 - Sep 2 by skippyjack

Situ.. free cost 250k..
Orlandi..free
Moore..free..
Bessone..free
Gower..free
Augustin..free
Canas..free
Ngog..free
Dr Vries..free
Pratley..free
Britton..free
Lopez..free
Painter..free

Gets beyond

What the f*ck does Marcos Painter leaving on a free have to do with anything? What's your point exactly?

Canas on 19:41 - Sep 2 with 1163 viewsJonnyTheJack

He didn't pull up any trees and was a bit of a d*ck.
Canas on 19:44 - Sep 2 with 1155 viewsskippyjack

Canas on 19:24 - Sep 2 by Drizzy

What the f*ck does Marcos Painter leaving on a free have to do with anything? What's your point exactly?

Calm down.. that heart attack will be around soon... we let so many players go without a fee.. we've lost millions on letting them go.. other clubs seem to receive a fee.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Canas on 19:47 - Sep 2 with 1146 viewsDrizzy

Canas on 19:44 - Sep 2 by skippyjack

Calm down.. that heart attack will be around soon... we let so many players go without a fee.. we've lost millions on letting them go.. other clubs seem to receive a fee.

The only players who could have been worth anything substantial on that list are Canas, Britton, Pratley and de Vries.

The rest are/were worthless.

Canas on 19:52 - Sep 2 with 1131 viewsPozuelosSideys

Canas on 18:14 - Sep 2 by skippyjack

Situ.. free cost 250k..
Orlandi..free
Moore..free..
Bessone..free
Gower..free
Augustin..free
Canas..free
Ngog..free
Dr Vries..free
Pratley..free
Britton..free
Lopez..free
Painter..free

Gets beyond

To me that shows how quickly weve developed as a team and as a club. We bring in players who fit us well, do ok and then we move forward. They are replaced with better and we need to get rid. Most of them are bang average when you compare them to what we have now.

Its like a list of "players that Swans fans have most moaned about over the last couple of year".

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Canas on 19:56 - Sep 2 with 1117 viewsskippyjack

Do any of you two run a business?

Canas on 19:57 - Sep 2 with 1112 viewsDrizzy

Canas on 19:56 - Sep 2 by skippyjack

Do any of you two run a business?

Don't be ridiculous.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024