Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a king: The review 20:25 - Sep 12 with 32639 viewsPlazex

RATING OUT OF 10-No, I am being serious. A big 10.
It follows the story of Swansea from when they had the rollercoaster ride in 2001-2003 to where they are now. Some parts had the cinema laughing, especially the guys in the masks. Another part that was funny was the 'T.W.A.T.' Headline that had everyone laughing
I'm not gonna say that much, It is around an hour 30 long. Seriously, it's worth the 9 quid or whatever it is.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 09:36 - Sep 15 with 2338 viewswestx

so having read outtolunch's posts I double checked and he/she is right Leigh put in a paltry amount (compared to the £50k he claimed everyone put in) of money in 2002 and then the rest 3/4 years later when it became apparent that the club was safe and the risk was much smaller. not sure why he was afforded the privilege but I can only assume it was because he used his position as trust director to ensure he was given this time although I understand it was not necessarily with the agreement of all directors. Either way it doesn't sit comfortably with many people

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Jack to a king: The review on 09:45 - Sep 15 with 2315 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 09:59 - Sep 15 with 2284 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 13:57 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

Never mind that what about the book!!

Very good read. Highly recommended especially for the likes of me that's forgotten a load over the last 10 years.

Is there an opportunity for anyone to buy these fine books any time soon?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jack to a king: The review on 10:59 - Sep 15 with 2230 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 09:59 - Sep 15 by Uxbridge

Very good read. Highly recommended especially for the likes of me that's forgotten a load over the last 10 years.

Is there an opportunity for anyone to buy these fine books any time soon?

Yes most definitely there is

Trust pod on Saturday, upcoming FF in Port Talbot and of course via the Trust website at any time.

Or just drop me a PM!
Jack to a king: The review on 14:45 - Sep 15 with 2093 viewsjacksinceever

All the took about LD and others putting money in after it was "safe"
Am I right in thinking it's taken about 10 years (maybe a little less) for the original investors to get returns on their money?
Over that time (certainly before we were promoted to the PL) there was no guarantee it would pay off
Investing in a football club is generally something you do for love, with a big risk of losing your money (and then some).
Jack to a king: The review on 14:51 - Sep 15 with 2081 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 14:45 - Sep 15 by jacksinceever

All the took about LD and others putting money in after it was "safe"
Am I right in thinking it's taken about 10 years (maybe a little less) for the original investors to get returns on their money?
Over that time (certainly before we were promoted to the PL) there was no guarantee it would pay off
Investing in a football club is generally something you do for love, with a big risk of losing your money (and then some).

They took the risks and fair play to them for doing it.
They have all made their money as a result.
And maybe that was their dream ?
They deserve the film,the book, the plaudits and the right to have their say.
I am eternally grateful to them all.

As I have already said, those now departed cant have their say and what a crying shame nobody mentioned them once. Was there another guy - Kent ? I'm reading about now, is he Now dead as well ? should have also had a shout ?
If they can overlook those have passed away, and have no conscience - the living didn't stand a chance !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jack to a king: The review on 16:45 - Sep 15 with 1999 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Is there any football match footage in the film at all, or is it all talking ?
Jack to a king: The review on 17:01 - Sep 15 with 1984 viewsmonmouth

Jack to a king: The review on 14:51 - Sep 15 by ScoobyWho

They took the risks and fair play to them for doing it.
They have all made their money as a result.
And maybe that was their dream ?
They deserve the film,the book, the plaudits and the right to have their say.
I am eternally grateful to them all.

As I have already said, those now departed cant have their say and what a crying shame nobody mentioned them once. Was there another guy - Kent ? I'm reading about now, is he Now dead as well ? should have also had a shout ?
If they can overlook those have passed away, and have no conscience - the living didn't stand a chance !

Films never tell the truth, especially if you give any individuals a chance to self promote...we're all human, and if it were about me in any context I'd paint myself more positively than an objective observer might. The disappointing thing for me is that the current supporters trust hierarchy had no role in helping to shape the content. That is a difficult omission to ignore and, when I drag my ass to see it, will be a difficult lens to not apply to the viewing. Shame.

Phil's book I found was a good read (mostly on the throne!) although more detail would have been nice. I may have already forgotten, that happens, but here seem to have been no conflicts or tensions other than with the common enemies of Petty and Lewis? Really? That's never been my experience of human interaction, even in a common cause. This thread tends to be nibbling at it. it would be nice to see an alternative screenplay from those involved that have no incentive to big themselves up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a king: The review on 17:12 - Sep 15 with 1963 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 17:01 - Sep 15 by monmouth

Films never tell the truth, especially if you give any individuals a chance to self promote...we're all human, and if it were about me in any context I'd paint myself more positively than an objective observer might. The disappointing thing for me is that the current supporters trust hierarchy had no role in helping to shape the content. That is a difficult omission to ignore and, when I drag my ass to see it, will be a difficult lens to not apply to the viewing. Shame.

Phil's book I found was a good read (mostly on the throne!) although more detail would have been nice. I may have already forgotten, that happens, but here seem to have been no conflicts or tensions other than with the common enemies of Petty and Lewis? Really? That's never been my experience of human interaction, even in a common cause. This thread tends to be nibbling at it. it would be nice to see an alternative screenplay from those involved that have no incentive to big themselves up.

There is a true script out there somewhere ;-)
Phil S - get scribbling !

DaiLew whoever you are, speak up mun !
Don't just down vote me.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 18:01]

Jack to a king: The review on 18:07 - Sep 15 with 1917 viewsBaker

Jack to a king: The review on 16:45 - Sep 15 by JacksawayatWalesgame

Is there any football match footage in the film at all, or is it all talking ?

Pretty much all the goals from the Hull & Reading games. Pratley v Forest goal, a few of Trundles and a couple more I can't remember right now.

Oh & Trundles shoulder roll (I'll never tire of seeing that!)

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Jack to a king: The review on 18:12 - Sep 15 with 1884 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 18:07 - Sep 15 by Baker

Pretty much all the goals from the Hull & Reading games. Pratley v Forest goal, a few of Trundles and a couple more I can't remember right now.

Oh & Trundles shoulder roll (I'll never tire of seeing that!)

Great to see Trundle's volley at the MS. Shame there was no mention of us winning a trophy that day!

Jack to a king: The review on 18:17 - Sep 15 with 1874 viewsBaker

Jack to a king: The review on 18:12 - Sep 15 by Uxbridge

Great to see Trundle's volley at the MS. Shame there was no mention of us winning a trophy that day!

One of my favourite ever goals, that. I actually mouth the words "Cor!" whenever I see that goal.

Weird, but excellent documentary (I now refuse to call it a film)

6.712/10 from this cinema goer.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 18:18]

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Jack to a king: The review on 20:56 - Sep 15 with 1757 viewsSpratty

Great film - enjoyed it

I thought Helen Mirren was really good
Jack to a king: The review on 21:30 - Sep 15 with 1709 viewsjudgejonevs

I thoroughly enjoyed the film, I'm glad I've seen it and would recommend it to any Swansea supporter.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Jack to a king: The review on 22:46 - Sep 15 with 1638 viewsshenleymun

Genuinely good film that sold out all 23 seats in the Empire Leicester Square tonight.

Kev Johns is the star. And Huw's dad.
Jack to a king: The review on 08:42 - Sep 16 with 1524 viewsgiantstoneater

Really enjoyed it and brought a tear to my eyes. I don't claim to know Mr Dineen and the other members of the board, we will never perhaps get the full picture of all the main players behind the scene, but for me at the time thought that Kevin John's provided an honest and humorous foil to the hard lined approach of others also Cusack was a great captain at the time on and off the field. After highlighting the two mistakes by our fullbacks in "that game" v Hull it would have been nice to have interviewed both of them, after the dust and nerves had settled days after the game I always believed that it would have been easy for both players to have buckled but they held firm take a bow Mr Jenkins and Mr Howard. My only Gripe is that we did not give much consideration to KJ he did bring success back to the club.
Jack to a king: The review on 14:21 - Sep 16 with 1450 viewsandrew

Massive 10, one of the greatest films I've ever seen, mainly because I'm a Swans fan, goosebumps the whole way through, and will be going again Thursday!

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Jack to a king: The review on 14:28 - Sep 16 with 1443 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The views that Petty had a lot of ideas that made absolute sense but got the execution wrong .
Mel Nurse wasn't a selfless saviour riding to the clubs rescue but a savy businessman who has made and continues to make a financial killing off the back of his deal with ninth floor in 2001 and that the current board were accurately described as wheeltappers and shunters who were out of their depth but saved by the previous good work of McClure and ninth floor in securing the stadium development before they took over thus allowing them to double average crowds overnight.

But a nice story all the same very well put together.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jack to a king: The review on 14:57 - Sep 16 with 1421 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 08:42 - Sep 16 by giantstoneater

Really enjoyed it and brought a tear to my eyes. I don't claim to know Mr Dineen and the other members of the board, we will never perhaps get the full picture of all the main players behind the scene, but for me at the time thought that Kevin John's provided an honest and humorous foil to the hard lined approach of others also Cusack was a great captain at the time on and off the field. After highlighting the two mistakes by our fullbacks in "that game" v Hull it would have been nice to have interviewed both of them, after the dust and nerves had settled days after the game I always believed that it would have been easy for both players to have buckled but they held firm take a bow Mr Jenkins and Mr Howard. My only Gripe is that we did not give much consideration to KJ he did bring success back to the club.

I didn't hear a peep out of Kevin johns until we loved to the Liberty either.

Jack to a king: The review on 15:21 - Sep 16 with 1405 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 14:57 - Sep 16 by ScoobyWho

I didn't hear a peep out of Kevin johns until we loved to the Liberty either.

Well that's complete bollox for starters.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack to a king: The review on 15:22 - Sep 16 with 1400 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 15:21 - Sep 16 by Darran

Quite. Clown Kev's always been around in some capacity.

Jack to a king: The review on 15:58 - Sep 16 with 1371 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 15:22 - Sep 16 by Uxbridge

Quite. Clown Kev's always been around in some capacity.

Top fella is Kev.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack to a king: The review on 16:33 - Sep 16 with 1338 viewsjacksinceever

Jack to a king: The review on 22:46 - Sep 15 by shenleymun

Genuinely good film that sold out all 23 seats in the Empire Leicester Square tonight.

Kev Johns is the star. And Huw's dad.

Seen Huw's dad cutting Huw's grass recently at his former abode.
Think he could employ a gardener (or maybe our groundsman could have earned a few quid on a hobble? )
Jack to a king: The review on 16:36 - Sep 16 with 1332 viewsjacksinceever

Jack to a king: The review on 08:42 - Sep 16 by giantstoneater

What did Kevin Johns do to bring success to the club????
Oh you mean the other KJ - future Wales manager
Jack to a king: The review on 16:44 - Sep 16 with 1313 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 15:21 - Sep 16 by Darran

Gotcha.

Maybe we don't tread the same pathways.
I take it he has always sought the limelight in one capacity or another.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 16:46]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024