Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a king: The review 20:25 - Sep 12 with 32641 viewsPlazex

RATING OUT OF 10-No, I am being serious. A big 10.
It follows the story of Swansea from when they had the rollercoaster ride in 2001-2003 to where they are now. Some parts had the cinema laughing, especially the guys in the masks. Another part that was funny was the 'T.W.A.T.' Headline that had everyone laughing
I'm not gonna say that much, It is around an hour 30 long. Seriously, it's worth the 9 quid or whatever it is.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 19:53 - Sep 21 with 1534 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Did we really subsidise £1.5m towards the film?

I must have missed that. I hope that isn't true.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jack to a king: The review on 19:59 - Sep 21 with 1520 viewswestx

Yes it's true

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Jack to a king: The review on 20:00 - Sep 21 with 1512 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 08:23 - Sep 20 by Neath_Jack

Not sure why all the hate for Abi, bit of a silly thing to say, but who hasn't said stupid things at that age ffs. She's a massive Swans fan, goes home and away, including the european games. It wouldn't surprise me if that gets cut from the DVD release due to all the abuse she is getting, especially on Twitter.

*Still haven't seen the film, so no ratings from me.

I've not noticed any hate, just absolute astonishment that she has such a lot of air time when fans who saved our club so she could have that air time have gone completely unnoticed.

Thats the point

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jack to a king: The review on 20:03 - Sep 21 with 1499 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Jack to a king: The review on 19:59 - Sep 21 by westx

Yes it's true

So this was a glorified vanity project?

Yet many think our beloved board members do not have inflated egos.

Jack to a king: The review on 20:04 - Sep 21 with 1493 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 20:03 - Sep 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So this was a glorified vanity project?

Yet many think our beloved board members do not have inflated egos.

I think you'll find it was one director in particular

You know the commercial one who allows DVDs to be released on Boxing Day and doesn't get enough shirts in

Jack to a king: The review on 20:05 - Sep 21 with 1472 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 09:32 - Sep 20 by MoscowJack

The old Trust woman is the one we refer to as Mad Mazza. She stuck her face in front of the camera as often as possible but ran a mile when there was real work to be done. Mad Mazza was often seen sitting in the Director's Box while the "bucket collectors" stood on the North Bank. Even her husband, Norman (or No-Man as he was called because she DEFINITELY wore the trousers) couldn't be bothered to lower himself to helping the bucket collectors.

As soon as the Trust became a bit less visible (but no less important, of course) she ran as fast as her wrinkled old legs would take her. That turned out to be a good thing in the end, I suppose.

The Swans story, as someone above said, would be a 9/10 for most of us if it was done on someone's laptop. Put footage together of Hull, Bury, Gillingham, Barnsley at the Millennium and Wembley together with interviews of HJ, MM, RM, LT10, Monk, Tate, Leon, Flynn, Jackett, Sousa and Rodgers and we would be laughing and crying our way through the thing. It's a simple formula.

Spending a lot of time on Mad Mazza and Weetabix girl still could not have spoiled the enjoyment of the good parts - that's a given.

What irks me is that the 5+ minutes they were given should have been given to Phil S or Huw Cooze from the Trust who could have mentioned many things far more relative - for example, the effects of Richard Lillicrap's involvement. His experience with our Trust, before he sadly died, inspired him to help other Trusts so much that they (National Football Trust people) have an annual award in his name now. HOW could that not be an essential part of the story? Why weren't Huw or Phil asked to recall this and other vital moments of the story, like when Phil was on here "live" feeding us info about Roger Freestone, Kris O'Leary, Leon etc all getting fired by Petty? One-by-one Phil was posting as he got texts from Roger, Cusack etc and posted "Roger...fired"...5 minutes later.... "Jenkins....fired". Nobody could believe it and it was SURELY more appropriate than Weetabix girl or the wrinkled old attention-seeker.

As I said, the film's ALWAYS going to be a 9/10 at least for Swans fans, but the REAL story was good enough not to have tried to add crap to fill gaps that weren't there.

Maybe Abi (is that her name?) did a deal with Mal - you do the social media and I'll give you 5 mins of fame. That seems like the most likely scenario to me as it doesn't make sense otherwise.

I suppose it's still possible to add extra footage for the DVD and I would really like to think that all the above comments about Jackett and Rodgers missing are also taking into consideration.

While I'm ranting, I may as well ask why the fcuk would the DVD be released on Boxing Day when it's the perfect stocking-filler for Christmas presents?

I wonder if she did do a deal with Mal

Jack to a king: The review on 20:06 - Sep 21 with 1462 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Jack to a king: The review on 20:04 - Sep 21 by westx

I think you'll find it was one director in particular

You know the commercial one who allows DVDs to be released on Boxing Day and doesn't get enough shirts in

See, we do have some common ground.

Jack to a king: The review on 20:13 - Sep 21 with 1444 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 20:06 - Sep 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

See, we do have some common ground.

Scarily so but I think pretty much everyone would agree that it's all about jobs for the boys at the stadium not the best people for the job

Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a king: The review on 20:15 - Sep 21 with 1436 viewsNeath_Jack

Jack to a king: The review on 20:00 - Sep 21 by ScoobyWho

I've not noticed any hate, just absolute astonishment that she has such a lot of air time when fans who saved our club so she could have that air time have gone completely unnoticed.

Thats the point

Call it what you want, she is the most named person in this thread i'd guess and she certainly isn't getting any praise.

Thats the point

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Jack to a king: The review on 20:28 - Sep 21 with 1407 viewsVetchitBack

Jack to a king: The review on 20:00 - Sep 21 by ScoobyWho

Thats the point

"Fckin sick of this idiot"

For me as a fan the omission of Jackett (who I hated at the time) and Bury away was baffling!?

Our first promotion on the back of the jubilation of staying in the league and helped maintain or rather further our momentum.

But the above was a very "old-school" away trip might not have chimed with he smily family image we now like to portray.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Jack to a king: The review on 21:31 - Sep 21 with 1356 viewsepaul

Jack to a king: The review on 20:28 - Sep 21 by VetchitBack

For me as a fan the omission of Jackett (who I hated at the time) and Bury away was baffling!?

Our first promotion on the back of the jubilation of staying in the league and helped maintain or rather further our momentum.

But the above was a very "old-school" away trip might not have chimed with he smily family image we now like to portray.

Indeed who wasn't on the pitch when Forbsey smashed it in after 30 seconds

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Jack to a king: The review on 21:49 - Sep 21 with 1334 viewsScoobyWho

What idiot ? Where ?

Jack to a king: The review on 22:04 - Sep 21 with 1300 viewsLiberty

Fans on pitch, chanting 'Free Willy', too far fetched for a film.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Jack to a king: The review on 22:50 - Sep 21 with 1237 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 22:04 - Sep 21 by Liberty

Fans on pitch, chanting 'Free Willy', too far fetched for a film.

And a player not involved at that moment needed to go behind the goals and calm the pitch invasion.
Many in the stand were worried the ref would call a halt to the game. Trunds also, was a star that day.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:20 - Sep 21 with 1205 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 22:50 - Sep 21 by Swanseajill

And a player not involved at that moment needed to go behind the goals and calm the pitch invasion.
Many in the stand were worried the ref would call a halt to the game. Trunds also, was a star that day.

I loved Bury. How could that not be included? To airbrush the Hamster era out of existence, given that it was so important for where we are now is weird. Last game at the Vetch, first at Liberty, one promotion, one miss, one cup .... but not a mention. And yet others did ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:21 - Sep 21 with 1204 viewsLiberty

Jack to a king: The review on 22:50 - Sep 21 by Swanseajill

O'Leary to Forbes, goal in first minute.

Trundle policing the fans.

Jackett deserved a mention as did that match. One of the most memorable days for me.

Jack to a king: The review on 23:41 - Sep 21 with 1179 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 23:20 - Sep 21 by Uxbridge

I loved Bury. How could that not be included? To airbrush the Hamster era out of existence, given that it was so important for where we are now is weird. Last game at the Vetch, first at Liberty, one promotion, one miss, one cup .... but not a mention. And yet others did ...

Haven't seen it yet, but going by people who have viewed it, some parts are completely of non interest to the fan in the street.
And turning points in our history were not even mentioned.
Mind you, it's been a roller coaster. And getting all that's happened in 11 years is a big ask.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:44 - Sep 21 with 1176 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 23:41 - Sep 21 by Swanseajill

Haven't seen it yet, but going by people who have viewed it, some parts are completely of non interest to the fan in the street.
And turning points in our history were not even mentioned.
Mind you, it's been a roller coaster. And getting all that's happened in 11 years is a big ask.

Of course. But to not even mention major events in that time just didn't make sense to me.

As you know I wasn't exactly Jackett's biggest fan but to not mention his tenure is just wrong. He was a major part of the last 10 years, for good and bad.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:49 - Sep 21 with 1173 viewsperchrockjack

Ah bury.. Think I snogged few of ours there.

Gave a lift from Wirral to a bury fan that lived near me.
It was fine going but the way back was the longest day...for him as I gave him a terrible time

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jack to a king: The review on 23:52 - Sep 21 with 1165 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 23:49 - Sep 21 by perchrockjack

Ah bury.. Think I snogged few of ours there.

Gave a lift from Wirral to a bury fan that lived near me.
It was fine going but the way back was the longest day...for him as I gave him a terrible time

Yeah, at least you'll admit you can be a wicked old booger at times.
Jack to a king: The review on 00:07 - Sep 22 with 1145 viewsLiberty

I really enjoyed the film, but they missed some important parts of our history which would have made it even better.

Still a great watch though.

Jack to a king: The review on 22:00 - Oct 26 with 929 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

Asked at the club shop when it will be released on DVD and they still say “you can pre-order on Amazon for delivery on Boxing Day”.

Why?

Don’t they know it’s Christmas, to quote the song. So why are we waiting now it’s all done in the pictures?
Jack to a king: The review on 23:30 - Oct 26 with 878 viewsGlyn1

Jack to a king: The review on 22:00 - Oct 26 by Oxfordshire_Jack

Asked at the club shop when it will be released on DVD and they still say “you can pre-order on Amazon for delivery on Boxing Day”.

Why?

Don’t they know it’s Christmas, to quote the song. So why are we waiting now it’s all done in the pictures?

There has to be a minimum period between commercial screening of a film and the DVD being sold, apparently, so Boxing Day is the earliest it can be sold. Strangely enough the local Chinese lady who tours the pubs selling knock-off DVDs hasn't got this one.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Jack to a king: The review on 23:44 - Oct 26 with 864 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Jack to a king: The review on 23:30 - Oct 26 by Glyn1

There has to be a minimum period between commercial screening of a film and the DVD being sold, apparently, so Boxing Day is the earliest it can be sold. Strangely enough the local Chinese lady who tours the pubs selling knock-off DVDs hasn't got this one.

Then somebody screwed up regarding when to commercially screen the film.

Jack to a king: The review on 23:56 - Oct 26 with 859 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack to a king: The review on 23:30 - Oct 26 by Glyn1

That used to be an agreement between the big studios and the cinema chains, it won't apply to a tiny indie and nobody would give a f*ck if it did anyway. It's grossed less than 80k at the box office.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024