Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a king: The review 20:25 - Sep 12 with 32634 viewsPlazex

RATING OUT OF 10-No, I am being serious. A big 10.
It follows the story of Swansea from when they had the rollercoaster ride in 2001-2003 to where they are now. Some parts had the cinema laughing, especially the guys in the masks. Another part that was funny was the 'T.W.A.T.' Headline that had everyone laughing
I'm not gonna say that much, It is around an hour 30 long. Seriously, it's worth the 9 quid or whatever it is.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:45 - Sep 16 with 2472 viewsjacksinceever

Jack to a king: The review on 22:50 - Sep 16 by Darran

Peter Lewis ?

Does Lewis begin a C? Thanks for trying but my brain hurts trying to remember this joker's name
Jack to a king: The review on 23:50 - Sep 16 with 2460 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 23:45 - Sep 16 by jacksinceever

Does Lewis begin a C? Thanks for trying but my brain hurts trying to remember this joker's name

Cushing?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack to a king: The review on 23:54 - Sep 16 with 2454 viewsDarran

My heads not on the right way mun,Peter came at the same time as Mike Lewis that's why I said Lewis I meant to say Day,Peter Day.
And the other fella involved was Phil Chant.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 23:57]

Jack to a king: The review on 00:03 - Sep 17 with 2439 viewsepaul

Jack to a king: The review on 23:25 - Sep 16 by Swanseajill

If it's the bloke I'm thinking of Paul, met up with him after the West Brom game.
He's grown a beard now.
Big Swans fan, had some great ideas to further the club during his time on the staff.

Lor I cant imagine him with a beard! mind you beards are great, mines back in its full pomp and it ain't going away.

As a side note Pete was a year behind me in school, his brother tho was in the same class as me....bit of useless info there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Jack to a king: The review on 00:08 - Sep 17 with 2429 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 00:03 - Sep 17 by epaul

Lor I cant imagine him with a beard! mind you beards are great, mines back in its full pomp and it ain't going away.

As a side note Pete was a year behind me in school, his brother tho was in the same class as me....bit of useless info there

He has got a beard Paul,at least he did have recently.

Jack to a king: The review on 00:15 - Sep 17 with 2419 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 00:08 - Sep 17 by Darran

He has got a beard Paul,at least he did have recently.

I think it's the same fella Darran, but. I can't think of his surname.
Left the club under a sour note, that's locked in lost memories too.
Jack to a king: The review on 00:16 - Sep 17 with 2416 viewsjacksinceever

Jack to a king: The review on 23:54 - Sep 16 by Darran

My heads not on the right way mun,Peter came at the same time as Mike Lewis that's why I said Lewis I meant to say Day,Peter Day.
And the other fella involved was Phil Chant.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 23:57]

Phil Chant rings a bell - (me thinking of Peter didn't help) - did you meet him and was he a smarmy guy who seemed as if he should be selling second hand cars rather than working as a Commercial Manager?
Here's the fellow
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lizspk&s=8#.VBjHQ_ldW3g
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 0:27]
Jack to a king: The review on 00:25 - Sep 17 with 2402 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 00:16 - Sep 17 by jacksinceever

Phil Chant rings a bell - (me thinking of Peter didn't help) - did you meet him and was he a smarmy guy who seemed as if he should be selling second hand cars rather than working as a Commercial Manager?
Here's the fellow
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lizspk&s=8#.VBjHQ_ldW3g
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 0:27]

Wasn't he involved with fund raising for the air ambulance via the club?
Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a king: The review on 00:51 - Sep 17 with 2377 viewsScoobyWho

Peter Day ?
Locked himself in an office at the vetch ?
Because some Swansea fans from Chepstow ate his hamster ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jack to a king: The review on 02:36 - Sep 17 with 2354 viewsSydney_Swan

Can everybody who has seen it give a review out of 10 on IMDB as more than 5 votes are needed to register an average?
Jack to a king: The review on 13:58 - Sep 18 with 2108 viewsjacktoakingfilm

Jack to a king: The review on 02:36 - Sep 17 by Sydney_Swan

Can everybody who has seen it give a review out of 10 on IMDB as more than 5 votes are needed to register an average?

On that note, (preferably positive!) reviews on Amazon would be welcome too

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-King-Swansea-Story-DVD/dp/B00NEN2MW4/ref=sr_1_1?s=d
Jack to a king: The review on 14:20 - Sep 18 with 2094 viewsbudegan

Jack to a king: The review on 16:48 - Sep 16 by Darran

Why is Jenkins old man in the film?
I don't mean that in a derogatory way I'm just asking.

I wondered this too. Juxtaposing it with RM's family didn't really work, when I guessed they were aiming for a contrast between two extremely different backgrounds, that were in fact very similar. Given that, if anything I'd have gone for just the Jenkins story - which at least was humorous, as opposed to RM's which was a little too sycophantic. Whilst I understand how crucial his role re playing style is - and that BR likely declined the opportunity to appear - I thought the amount of time spent on RM was a bit off balance. I did however like MM's mainly-veiled criticism of RM's leaving; it's still hard to get over what a precarious position he left the club in when he asset-stripped the club's coaching team, and I find it a little galling that he still bangs the "Swansea's in my blood" drum - I think it's clear what RM's priority is: himself and his self-generated (admirably successfully) PR.
Jack to a king: The review on 15:06 - Sep 18 with 2053 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 13:58 - Sep 18 by jacktoakingfilm

On that note, (preferably positive!) reviews on Amazon would be welcome too

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-King-Swansea-Story-DVD/dp/B00NEN2MW4/ref=sr_1_1?s=d

Positively truthful review forthcoming.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jack to a king: The review on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 2046 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 14:20 - Sep 18 by budegan

I wondered this too. Juxtaposing it with RM's family didn't really work, when I guessed they were aiming for a contrast between two extremely different backgrounds, that were in fact very similar. Given that, if anything I'd have gone for just the Jenkins story - which at least was humorous, as opposed to RM's which was a little too sycophantic. Whilst I understand how crucial his role re playing style is - and that BR likely declined the opportunity to appear - I thought the amount of time spent on RM was a bit off balance. I did however like MM's mainly-veiled criticism of RM's leaving; it's still hard to get over what a precarious position he left the club in when he asset-stripped the club's coaching team, and I find it a little galling that he still bangs the "Swansea's in my blood" drum - I think it's clear what RM's priority is: himself and his self-generated (admirably successfully) PR.

I kind of liked that. Jenkins being the shirking kid who wouldn't put himself to the front of the crowd, whereas Martinez was pretty much the exact opposite. It worked a lot better than Weetabix girl's bit.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jack to a king: The review on 15:12 - Sep 18 with 2039 viewsApeShit

Jack to a king: The review on 15:08 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

I kind of liked that. Jenkins being the shirking kid who wouldn't put himself to the front of the crowd, whereas Martinez was pretty much the exact opposite. It worked a lot better than Weetabix girl's bit.

Who is the Weetabix girl? Just a random fan? She was interviewed more than anyone!
Jack to a king: The review on 16:10 - Sep 18 with 1998 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 15:12 - Sep 18 by ApeShit

Who is the Weetabix girl? Just a random fan? She was interviewed more than anyone!

Twitterer and part of the production team I understand. I sort of get why it was included but given so much was left on the cutting room floor (anyone remember Kenny Jackett?) then I'm surprised she got so much airtime.

Jack to a king: The review on 16:16 - Sep 18 with 1987 viewsBaker

Jack to a king: The review on 16:10 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

Twitterer and part of the production team I understand. I sort of get why it was included but given so much was left on the cutting room floor (anyone remember Kenny Jackett?) then I'm surprised she got so much airtime.

Probably to fill the diversity quota.

Nice bedroom though. Couldn't help but think how many dildos she keeps in those drawers of hers.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Jack to a king: The review on 23:19 - Sep 18 with 1839 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 16:10 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

I'm surprised she got so much airtime?

Indeed, then I could have had more than just a ....bit part.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:26 - Sep 18 with 1827 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 23:19 - Sep 18 by Swanseajill

I'm surprised she got so much airtime?

Indeed, then I could have had more than just a ....bit part.

Your appearance was noted!

That was the funniest thing about the film. The first thing everyone said to each other ... "Did you see yourself in any of the footage". See, if I'd had an alcoholic cereal breakfast I'd have had 5 minutes

Jack to a king: The review on 23:28 - Sep 18 with 1819 viewsTom1912

Saw it tonight with a mate who's not a Swans fan and his first comment was, "it was good but who was that weetabix girl and why was she on it so much?""

I really enjoyed it. Certainly had goosebumps reliving the Hull and Wembley games on the big screen. Main criticism would be the skipping of Jackett's promotion. Could understand skipping Sousa's boring reign of stability but the League 2 promotion was very important in our rise.

Did laugh at Martinez' justification for leaving mind.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:30 - Sep 18 with 1812 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 23:28 - Sep 18 by Tom1912

Saw it tonight with a mate who's not a Swans fan and his first comment was, "it was good but who was that weetabix girl and why was she on it so much?""

I really enjoyed it. Certainly had goosebumps reliving the Hull and Wembley games on the big screen. Main criticism would be the skipping of Jackett's promotion. Could understand skipping Sousa's boring reign of stability but the League 2 promotion was very important in our rise.

Did laugh at Martinez' justification for leaving mind.

So did the board on the fillum. Huw was very candid I thought.

Jack to a king: The review on 23:35 - Sep 18 with 1798 viewsTNT

Just returned from watching it in Cardiff Odeon.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:38 - Sep 18 with 1789 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 23:26 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

Your appearance was noted!

That was the funniest thing about the film. The first thing everyone said to each other ... "Did you see yourself in any of the footage". See, if I'd had an alcoholic cereal breakfast I'd have had 5 minutes

There could have been five minutes relating to what fans have for breakfast before a game.

Choose any pub of your liking!
Jack to a king: The review on 23:41 - Sep 18 with 1783 viewsperchrockjack

G might lorr.

And thanks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jack to a king: The review on 23:44 - Sep 18 with 1774 viewsTom1912

Jack to a king: The review on 23:35 - Sep 18 by TNT

Just returned from watching it in Cardiff Odeon.

Me too!

Just about double figures in the audience too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024