Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? 20:14 - Sep 29 with 5969 viewsJackfath

Someone on another thread told a new poster that there are plenty of WUMs and TROLLS on this site.

This got me thinking about the differences between the two. Indeed, what are your definitions of the two sub categories of poster?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:31 - Oct 1 with 899 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 18:41 - Oct 1 by Davillin

Famous quote also applies here: "If nominated I will not run; if elected I will not serve."

Please remove my name. Thanks.

Polls usually never end well for you.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 00:25 - Oct 2 with 868 viewsJackoBoostardo

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 18:37 - Oct 1 by Davillin

"Aaron Stark" by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Withal a meagre man was Aaron Stark, --
Cursed and unkempt, shrewd, shrivelled, and morose.
A miser was he, with a miser's nose,
And eyes like little dollars in the dark.
His thin, pinched mouth was nothing but a mark;
And when he spoke there came like sullen blows
Through scattered fangs a few snarled words and close,
As if a cur were chary of its bark.

Glad for the murmur of his hard renown,
Year after year he shambled through the town, --
A loveless exile moving with a staff;
And oftentimes there crept into his ears
A sound of alien pity, touched with tears, --
And then (and only then) did Aaron laugh.

He's back and filling this place full of quotes and poetry!

Did he exile himself into the Dylan Thomas School of Poetry?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 09:48 - Oct 2 with 826 viewsdickythorpe

Another meltdown,this time with prose and poetry!!!
What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 12:03 - Oct 2 with 813 viewsSpratty

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 18:37 - Oct 1 by Davillin

"Aaron Stark" by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Withal a meagre man was Aaron Stark, --
Cursed and unkempt, shrewd, shrivelled, and morose.
A miser was he, with a miser's nose,
And eyes like little dollars in the dark.
His thin, pinched mouth was nothing but a mark;
And when he spoke there came like sullen blows
Through scattered fangs a few snarled words and close,
As if a cur were chary of its bark.

Glad for the murmur of his hard renown,
Year after year he shambled through the town, --
A loveless exile moving with a staff;
And oftentimes there crept into his ears
A sound of alien pity, touched with tears, --
And then (and only then) did Aaron laugh.

Willy in one of his brand new sashes
Fell on the fire and burnt to ashes
Now the room grows cold and chilly
I haven't the heart to poke poor Willy
What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:04 - Oct 2 with 769 viewsDavillin

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 00:25 - Oct 2 by JackoBoostardo

He's back and filling this place full of quotes and poetry!

Did he exile himself into the Dylan Thomas School of Poetry?

Actually, I have been asked by someone I greatly respect to not respond to abusive posts with my own abuse, so I thought I'd reply with some beautiful and thoughtful poems instead.

Which of those two courses of action would you prefer? Seriously?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:07 - Oct 2 with 764 viewsperchrockjack

Damned if you do and damned if you don't tony.

You ve tried the giving it back way so probably go back to more subtle gentle whimsical way so it doesn't provoke.

Stand up stand up for Jesus, ye soldiers of the cross

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:14 - Oct 2 with 756 viewsDavillin

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 09:48 - Oct 2 by dickythorpe

Another meltdown,this time with prose and poetry!!!

"but those that understood him smiled at one another and shook their heads"

Can't be "another" meltdown as there never was a first. Nor is this a "first." You may take my word for it, I am as coldly rational as ever I have been, or could be.

Posting some of the most beautiful and thoughtful poetry ever written does not constitute a "meltdown." Shrieking obscenity-laden abuse for no reason but irrational hatred does. [Not referring to you, because in spite of your sometime hostility toward me, you've not resorted to that, for which I thank you.]

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:21 - Oct 2 with 750 viewsperchrockjack

Dav.

Check out john cooper Clark.

A Manchester lad with razor sharp urban poetry from a few years back

Login to get fewer ads

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:22 - Oct 2 with 750 viewsDarran

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:04 - Oct 2 by Davillin

Actually, I have been asked by someone I greatly respect to not respond to abusive posts with my own abuse, so I thought I'd reply with some beautiful and thoughtful poems instead.

Which of those two courses of action would you prefer? Seriously?

I prefer the f*ck off T2C approach myself.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:23 - Oct 2 with 748 viewsperchrockjack

So has dav been warned not to reply by abuse.
Surely better to remove abuse from the source..

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:28 - Oct 2 with 745 viewsDavillin

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:07 - Oct 2 by perchrockjack

Damned if you do and damned if you don't tony.

You ve tried the giving it back way so probably go back to more subtle gentle whimsical way so it doesn't provoke.

Stand up stand up for Jesus, ye soldiers of the cross

And I find it absolutely fascinating that this is bringing more abuse, while the burlesque duo of T2E and MJ are allowed to post obscenity-laden abuse with not a wisp of displeasure or censure.

I had a good laugh from your "more subtle gentle whimsical way" line. If you will remember, someone posted on here more than once that my "more subtle gentle whimsical" course is even worse than what T2E does. True. Several people have said similar things.

My only reply should bring at least one of them flailing out: "ne ivppiter qvidem omnibvs placet" Nah, they probably won't find it on Google.

Have I taken the wrong tack. No. Not in my upbringing.

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:31 - Oct 2 with 741 viewsDavillin

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:23 - Oct 2 by perchrockjack

So has dav been warned not to reply by abuse.
Surely better to remove abuse from the source..

Sorry if you misunderstood. Someone whom I respect suggested, with all of the right intentions, that I not reply to abuse with abuse.

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:37 - Oct 2 with 729 viewsperchrockjack

Suggested to me means a tacit warning but I'm a weathered worn out cynical batard

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:42 - Oct 2 with 721 viewsDavillin

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:37 - Oct 2 by perchrockjack

Suggested to me means a tacit warning but I'm a weathered worn out cynical batard

Nah. "suggested, with all of the right intentions" and sincerely appreciated here, hence my new directions.

[Off to do some reading now. Later!]
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 23:42]

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 23:53 - Oct 2 with 716 viewsperchrockjack

I used to suggest many things to people at the opposite end of an interview desk like "tell the truth"

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 01:36 - Oct 3 with 702 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777145/Police-probe-trolls-sending-hate

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 09:56 - Oct 3 with 669 viewsperchrockjack

Abuse is all over here and the consequences
should be crystal clear by now.

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 18:31 - Oct 5 with 626 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2781377/BREAKING-NEWS-Internet-troll-tar

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:22 - Oct 5 with 596 viewsSpratty

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 18:31 - Oct 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2781377/BREAKING-NEWS-Internet-troll-tar

There was some pretty nasty stuff about the McCanns on here, wonder if that is in the police dossier?
What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:29 - Oct 5 with 589 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:22 - Oct 5 by Spratty

There was some pretty nasty stuff about the McCanns on here, wonder if that is in the police dossier?

The amount of numbskulls I see on the Facebook still posting evil things about the poor girl and her parents is frightening.

I even have people on my friend list who I thought would be smart enough to avoid such things posting questionable things about it.

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:46 - Oct 5 with 566 viewsSpratty

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:29 - Oct 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The amount of numbskulls I see on the Facebook still posting evil things about the poor girl and her parents is frightening.

I even have people on my friend list who I thought would be smart enough to avoid such things posting questionable things about it.

Sometimes people get roped in. But any formal complaint and the police need to seen to be taking appropriate action to protect themselves and of course it is very easy to track people regardless of using anonymous IDs and email addresses.
What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:49 - Oct 5 with 560 viewsJackfath

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:46 - Oct 5 by Spratty

Sometimes people get roped in. But any formal complaint and the police need to seen to be taking appropriate action to protect themselves and of course it is very easy to track people regardless of using anonymous IDs and email addresses.

Indeed. Let this be a warning to all those who threaten others on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:50 - Oct 5 with 559 viewsperchrockjack

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:46 - Oct 5 by Spratty

Which is why people should be wary of the insults they throw around as one day theu ll get that knock on the door

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:50 - Oct 5 with 559 viewsSpratty

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:49 - Oct 5 by Jackfath

Indeed. Let this be a warning to all those who threaten others on here.

Indeed or any other type of abuse
What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:52 - Oct 5 with 556 viewsJackfath

What's the difference between a WUM and a TROLL? on 19:50 - Oct 5 by Spratty

Indeed or any other type of abuse

What other types of abuse occur on here which could be involve police action?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024