Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 21:26 - Oct 25 with 5099 viewsThe_Doorman

Anyone seen him ever pass the ball forward for us?!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 21:26]
Tom Carroll on 21:30 - Oct 25 with 3821 viewsLeonisGod

Nah, just takes the simple option. Great for retaining possession, but he'll not influence a match. Tidy little player though.
Tom Carroll on 21:32 - Oct 25 with 3796 viewsmax936

Tom Carroll on 21:30 - Oct 25 by LeonisGod

Nah, just takes the simple option. Great for retaining possession, but he'll not influence a match. Tidy little player though.

Agreed, but I'd have left Shelvey where he was and put Emnes on in Gilfi's position.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 21:33]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tom Carroll on 21:32 - Oct 25 with 3796 viewsorion3016

Became a bit of a joke in the crowd by me today. He had a clear opportunity to thread one to Jeff and turned back again

Be over there now after

Tom Carroll on 21:35 - Oct 25 with 3757 viewsLeonisGod

Tom Carroll on 21:32 - Oct 25 by max936

Agreed, but I'd have left Shelvey where he was and put Emnes on in Gilfi's position.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 21:33]

Me too, I was surprised it wasn't Emnes replacing Gylfi. But they worked that out pretty quickly and Shelvey dropped back alongside Ki. Which made the whole substitution a bit of a waste really.
Tom Carroll on 21:42 - Oct 25 with 3684 viewsmarchamjack

never gonna make it at spurs in a million years and strictly a squad player for us

reminds me of a better version Josh McCechran (spelling?) as in just passing through with us to the Championship I'd think

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Tom Carroll on 21:54 - Oct 25 with 3628 viewsmax936

Tom Carroll on 21:42 - Oct 25 by marchamjack

never gonna make it at spurs in a million years and strictly a squad player for us

reminds me of a better version Josh McCechran (spelling?) as in just passing through with us to the Championship I'd think

In fairness he's a cut above McEachran, but I agree with your analysis although he's still young enough, maybe if he was put under Leon's wing, he'll make it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tom Carroll on 21:59 - Oct 25 with 3601 viewsLeonisGod

Tom Carroll on 21:54 - Oct 25 by max936

In fairness he's a cut above McEachran, but I agree with your analysis although he's still young enough, maybe if he was put under Leon's wing, he'll make it.

Needs to be put in the gym for 12 months to build him up a bit. Needs more of a swagger too - seems a bit shy on the pitch to me, but he's got the technical abolity.
Tom Carroll on 22:14 - Oct 25 with 3549 viewsKilkennyjack

Given the fact that swans academy often releases our young players for passing backwards too often then it was an interesting contribution. He might come. but defo not ready yet. Get in the gym. No impact on the games at all. Almost playing with 10 men.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 22:17 - Oct 25 with 3517 viewsmagicdaps10

Young and afraid of making mistakes.

Encouragement and time. Deffo no Joe Allen as many have said on here, one thing Joey done from 17yrs of age was to look to attack the opposition.............with either a pass or run.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tom Carroll on 22:18 - Oct 25 with 3514 viewsjack247

He doesn't offer a lot apart from being neat and tidy. Decent, but he isn't going to dominate a midfield or thread a clever through ball. League Cup player.
Tom Carroll on 22:19 - Oct 25 with 3511 viewsSS2013

He was CLEARLY brought on to keep possession and work across the back line and he did it very well! Give him break FFS

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Tom Carroll on 22:21 - Oct 25 with 3492 viewsJoe_bradshaw

He's only three months younger than Jonjo. A very long way behind in terms of development though.

It's easy to forget how young Jonjo is.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Tom Carroll on 22:21 - Oct 25 with 3492 viewsmagicdaps10

Has his purposes but from what I have seen, he is to close to the starting 11 than he should be.

If he was one of ours I would be hoping we would loan him out to a championship or L1 team to toughen him up.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tom Carroll on 22:23 - Oct 25 with 3483 viewsMrSwan

He's passing back because that is what the rest of the team are doing but more importantly he needs to work on his strength he looks far to weak.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Tom Carroll on 22:26 - Oct 25 with 3462 viewsSS2013

Tom Carroll on 22:23 - Oct 25 by MrSwan

He's passing back because that is what the rest of the team are doing but more importantly he needs to work on his strength he looks far to weak.

Guys we won 2-0 he didn't make a mistake, kept the ball, whats the fuss?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Tom Carroll on 22:30 - Oct 25 with 3444 viewsA_Fans_Dad

According to Squawka Tom Carroll's passing & Tackling

Back passes 31
forward passes 28
success rate 90%
Tackles Won 2
Tackles lost 3
Tom Carroll on 01:23 - Oct 26 with 3276 viewsStarsky

Tom Carroll on 22:30 - Oct 25 by A_Fans_Dad

According to Squawka Tom Carroll's passing & Tackling

Back passes 31
forward passes 28
success rate 90%
Tackles Won 2
Tackles lost 3

Aye, there's nothing like giving the boy a bit of time.
I remember when Ben Davies started out in the first team. He got the same treatment.

It's just the internet, init.

Tom Carroll on 01:56 - Oct 26 with 3241 viewsDavillin

Tom Carroll on 22:26 - Oct 25 by SS2013

Escape goat of the day?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Tom Carroll on 08:16 - Oct 26 with 3026 viewsScoobyWho

Its a little bit like discussing the merits or otherwise of tom's inclusion, what be brought to the game, how he played, what his contribution was and how that impacted on the side. All a little bit too in depth for your shallow and abusive replies maybe, but please do try and keep up, you may learn something.

Mind you, you are clearly a second account from someone who posts on here often, out come the wolves again ....

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Tom Carroll on 08:31 - Oct 26 with 2988 viewsVetchitBack

Another Joe Allen. That unique ability to sniff out a counter-attack and kill it dead. Our counter-attack that is.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Tom Carroll on 08:36 - Oct 26 with 2971 viewsStarsky

Tom Carroll on 08:31 - Oct 26 by VetchitBack

Another Joe Allen. That unique ability to sniff out a counter-attack and kill it dead. Our counter-attack that is.

Maybe he's playing to order?

It's just the internet, init.

Tom Carroll on 08:42 - Oct 26 with 2944 viewsblaine_scfc

He's not in the same league as Joey Allen, has potential though and I'm sure he will be a very good player, not sure it will be in the prem though.
Tom Carroll on 09:27 - Oct 26 with 2885 viewspremierjack

Sometimes I find these posts hard to read. People having a go at the kid haven't got a clue what they are talking about. Have you ever thought that Monk has asked him to play that way? He came on to tighten us up, keep the ball as he did very well.

I really don't get all the critism o the players and the manager lately, no doubt if monk had brought on a forward thinking midfielder for Gylfi and Leicester came back into the game, he would have been slagged off for that too.

Tom Caroll is a tidy player, he hasn't come through academy football, holding his place in front of bigger kids for no reason. And as for the comment about him going to the gym ..... You must be a prime candidate for the England managers job thinking that you need to be big to play football.
Tom Carroll on 09:27 - Oct 26 with 2884 viewsSpratty

You indeed do continually try to stifle debate in thread after thread without adding to it

I would also question your motives
Tom Carroll on 09:33 - Oct 26 with 2864 viewsMattG

I mentioned to my mate sitting next to me about Carroll only passing back about 10 minutes after he came on but towards the end of the game he seemed to have been pushed further forward and looked more useful.

With a bit of time and some mentoring from Leon, he could do OK I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024