Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is There Intelligent Life Out There 22:33 - Nov 18 with 8786 viewsLord_Bony

Dr. Brian Cox seems to think so...maybe 30 billion earth like inhabitable planets in our galaxy alone...remember there are countless billions of galaxies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0276pxp/human-universe-3-are-we-alone

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:56 - Nov 20 with 1194 viewsHighjack

Interesting to read they've discovered organic molecules on this comet they've just landed on, which gives a great pointer as to how lifecould spread through the universe.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 01:27 - Nov 20 with 1171 viewsLord_Bony

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:49 - Nov 20 by skippyjack

Well you've finally found the answer.. it's almost delusional not to think there is.. but we are never ever going to find out.. unless they come to us.. because we're all dumb as f*ck.. maybe they have.. maybe they're living amongst us.. maybe they created life.. and control every aspect of decision.. maybe we're a study.. seeing how far we can develop earth.. theories, questions and so many are not going to be answered.. space is apparently never ending.. it's like a black tunnel with no bottom.. or maybe it does..

I genuinely think we're actually inside something.. space looks claustrophobic and dark.. it's almost like we're trapped or we've stranded away..

Well that right there is an interesting dilemma ..apart from the last bit.

Many scientists and theologians have questioned such things,,have we been visited by outside intelligence in the past??

A heavy subject...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 01:30 - Nov 20 with 1168 viewsLord_Bony

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:56 - Nov 20 by Highjack

Interesting to read they've discovered organic molecules on this comet they've just landed on, which gives a great pointer as to how lifecould spread through the universe.

I've not seen this video yet..,

[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 1:38]

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 06:32 - Nov 20 with 1132 viewscockneyswan

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:43 - Nov 19 by Parlay

Yes the possibilities are endless, people think these space missions are a waste of money, i think they are vital to the future of humanity. We know so little its almost funny, there is an infinite amount of knowledge out there and we need to tap into it.

Nothing to do with life on other planets but i listened to the electro magnetic sounds of the solar bodies the other day. F*cking eerie stuff. The thing in space is due to it being a vacuum sound is nit easily picked up.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 18:46]

If humanity is to survive, then yes space exploration is vital as it's only a matter of time before the Earth is destroyed either environmentally or more probably by war. As Brian Cox stated the probabilities of other intelligent life in the Universe at some time or other is possible, however the chances of us being in existence at the same time and being able to contact each other is very low. But I do believe if Human life is to continue past the life of the Earth (who knows how long that will be) then of course space exploration is vital.
I also believe it is vital to develop new clean safe energy forms if we are not to kill our planet prematurely.
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 08:30 - Nov 20 with 1118 viewsPonderosa

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:57 - Nov 19 by Parlay

These are a series of photos which may explain the vastness of space and in turn explain why i believe that in itself points to the chances of intelligent life being out there as almost an inevitability.

Each photo (barring the first) will stagger some as to where we are in relation the the surroundings and then the next photo which zooms out even more is even more mind blowing as each photo is so insignificant it gets shown as a mere pin prick on the next and so on and so forth, and it ends in the "observable universe". Thats just what we know is there.

So each photo, and all photos that have gone before it is represented by a single speck on the next. Quite incredible really.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 18:06]

I can see my house from the bottom pic

Bring The Missus

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 09:45 - Nov 20 with 1099 viewslifelong

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 01:30 - Nov 20 by Lord_Bony

I've not seen this video yet..,

[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 1:38]

Excellent documentary.

Mind boggling.
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 11:18 - Nov 21 with 1041 viewsCatullus

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 06:32 - Nov 20 by cockneyswan

If humanity is to survive, then yes space exploration is vital as it's only a matter of time before the Earth is destroyed either environmentally or more probably by war. As Brian Cox stated the probabilities of other intelligent life in the Universe at some time or other is possible, however the chances of us being in existence at the same time and being able to contact each other is very low. But I do believe if Human life is to continue past the life of the Earth (who knows how long that will be) then of course space exploration is vital.
I also believe it is vital to develop new clean safe energy forms if we are not to kill our planet prematurely.

Well scientists have said the Earth will be ok for around 5 billion years, then the Sun will expand and destroy it. So plenty of time there.
Much more worrying is mankinds destruction of our planet. We will cause our own demise, some "experts" have said we may not last another 100 years.
Taking into account, the population rise, the polution of the eco systems and the refusal of most of the world to do anything about it, we will kill ourselves off in (in terms of the universe) a fairly short time.
Unless the Ukraine situation goes berserk and we nuke ourselves into oblivion!!

Of course, ebola could go airborne, IS could live up to their threats and the worlds population could start to decline. mankind could see sense, stop worrying about profits and actually do the right thing for our planet.
But none of us will be holding our collective breath, will we?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 12:47 - Nov 21 with 1018 viewsWarwickHunt

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 09:45 - Nov 20 by lifelong

Excellent documentary.

Mind boggling.

Is there a sub-titled version?

Couldn't take more than a few seconds of the f*cking awful voiceover - I was expecting "Stephen had made a dish of fillet of beef topped with a fig and pineapple puree on a raspberry coulis, potato fondant , coffee granita and glazed carrots with Parmesan shavings and wasabi foam" any minute.
Login to get fewer ads

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 12:56 - Nov 21 with 1011 viewsLord_Bony

Great doc..shame about the voice

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 14:17 - Nov 21 with 993 viewscockneyswan

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 11:18 - Nov 21 by Catullus

Well scientists have said the Earth will be ok for around 5 billion years, then the Sun will expand and destroy it. So plenty of time there.
Much more worrying is mankinds destruction of our planet. We will cause our own demise, some "experts" have said we may not last another 100 years.
Taking into account, the population rise, the polution of the eco systems and the refusal of most of the world to do anything about it, we will kill ourselves off in (in terms of the universe) a fairly short time.
Unless the Ukraine situation goes berserk and we nuke ourselves into oblivion!!

Of course, ebola could go airborne, IS could live up to their threats and the worlds population could start to decline. mankind could see sense, stop worrying about profits and actually do the right thing for our planet.
But none of us will be holding our collective breath, will we?

Good post, if a little depressing, where's the vodka ;-)
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 06:17 - Nov 23 with 932 viewsLord_Bony

Just found this! Apparently, we are a part of the Galctic Council that will prevent us from blowing ourselves up and we will soon join other inhabited planets withing our galaxy to be given special help...

We are on the verge of a significant change of Universal Age, and it is now important at this time to become fully aware that we are in fact surrounded by millions of other worlds teeming with intelligent life. Most of them are vastly more advanced than our own world, living on higher Planes/Dimensions with a higher vibration-rate than Earth's dense-physical "Third Dimension". A large group of these worlds have been closely watching over us since WW II with millions of their Motherships invisibly surrounding us, ready to assist us at any moment to fulfill our Ascension up to a Fourth Dimensional "New Earth". They also have had an important function in shielding us from any unwarranted intrusions or attacks by those Forces of Darkness that unfortunately still exist within our Galaxy. However, they have never wished to directly interpose themselves on our World, as any interference without our express invitation would be wrong karmaically.

Read more at

http://www.thenewearth.org/newearth2.html#8

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024