Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is There Intelligent Life Out There 22:33 - Nov 18 with 8794 viewsLord_Bony

Dr. Brian Cox seems to think so...maybe 30 billion earth like inhabitable planets in our galaxy alone...remember there are countless billions of galaxies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0276pxp/human-universe-3-are-we-alone

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 16:02 - Nov 19 with 1038 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 15:10 - Nov 19 by skippyjack

Intelligence.. Parlay.. Intelligence is learning something you don't read or isn't in front of you.. out of pure thought and imagination.. if you put 100 people in a room.. explained the concept of the earth and sun In simple terms.. 60 to 70 people would say in between.. 750k & 1.5 million out of just pure guess work.. try it Parlay.. go on.. and give me the results.. (remember don't over complicate it.. explain it in simple terms.. Don't show total arrogance to the audience.. give them a little bit of simple understanding.. because 60 or 70 people will not get you).. plus I bet the most said answer is a million.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 15:13]

"Intelligence is learning something you haven't been taught"?

Im not even sure you are on this planet mate. Do you think Stephen Fry came out of his mothers womb knowing what he does then? Im not claiming to have discovered anything am I? I think you are alluding to pioneers, pioneers need intelligence but you don't need to be a pioneer to have intelligence....

Maybe you should write to the scientists who are making these discoveries and tell them how obvious it all is and if you got loads of people in a room then most would have "guessed that anyway" (tusk tusk). Surely everybody knows about the star "R136a1" being 100 million times bigger than our sun, its obvious mun innit.

I am simply having an intelligent debate (as per the thread asked for) based on scientific outcomes. If such like offends you then why click in the subject and instead go into the 'im a celebrity' thread instead. Far more to your suiting... Although if someone says "eating those worms is gross" - don't go accusing them of wanting to be a zoologist and that its like saying 2+2".

You have moved into the realms of ridiculousness from mildly amusing. Off your head.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 16:16]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 16:55 - Nov 19 with 997 viewsHighjack

This thread has been derailed by the usual suspects.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:03 - Nov 19 with 991 viewsParlay

Always the case, why people with no interest in the subject post such nonsense is beyond me.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 17:04]

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:09 - Nov 19 with 979 viewsWarwickHunt

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:03 - Nov 19 by Parlay

Always the case, why people with no interest in the subject post such nonsense is beyond me.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 17:04]

Those twelve steps to self-awareness - pluck up the courage and take the first tentative one.
You'll be doing the world, nay universe, a massive favour, Dim.
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:09 - Nov 19 with 978 viewsonetimejack

Anyone watched cosmos? Supposed to be very interesting.

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:09 - Nov 19 with 980 viewsjackonicko

So, because there are lots of stars and some of those stars are in galaxies a lot older than ours, somewhere there must be other intelligent life?

I'm not sure I follow that. You could equally argue that the probability of the combined circumstances that led to life on Earth were so infinitesimally small that the Earth is the statistically unlikely outcome.
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:30 - Nov 19 with 953 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:09 - Nov 19 by WarwickHunt

Those twelve steps to self-awareness - pluck up the courage and take the first tentative one.
You'll be doing the world, nay universe, a massive favour, Dim.

True, you have contributed superbly on this thread old bean. Tusk.

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:37 - Nov 19 with 943 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:09 - Nov 19 by jackonicko

So, because there are lots of stars and some of those stars are in galaxies a lot older than ours, somewhere there must be other intelligent life?

I'm not sure I follow that. You could equally argue that the probability of the combined circumstances that led to life on Earth were so infinitesimally small that the Earth is the statistically unlikely outcome.

Not necessarily but highly likely.

You say the chances of life on earth was so small, id in fact argue the opposite, the chances were huge - it was bound to happen. It is the nature of infinity. Its like the monkeys and the typewriters, they WILL write the works of Shakespeare not once but an infinite amount of times. on the face of it it seems like such a small chance with a series of circumstances all having to happen in the correct order - however looked at it through the nature of infinity it will happen an infinite amount of times.

There are billions upon billions of galaxies each with their own solar systems which contain their own planets, suns and moons. To think we are the only life out there is actually a little ignorant in my opinion when we in size are a mere particle in a world of substance.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 17:46]

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:50 - Nov 19 with 930 viewsskippyjack

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 16:02 - Nov 19 by Parlay

"Intelligence is learning something you haven't been taught"?

Im not even sure you are on this planet mate. Do you think Stephen Fry came out of his mothers womb knowing what he does then? Im not claiming to have discovered anything am I? I think you are alluding to pioneers, pioneers need intelligence but you don't need to be a pioneer to have intelligence....

Maybe you should write to the scientists who are making these discoveries and tell them how obvious it all is and if you got loads of people in a room then most would have "guessed that anyway" (tusk tusk). Surely everybody knows about the star "R136a1" being 100 million times bigger than our sun, its obvious mun innit.

I am simply having an intelligent debate (as per the thread asked for) based on scientific outcomes. If such like offends you then why click in the subject and instead go into the 'im a celebrity' thread instead. Far more to your suiting... Although if someone says "eating those worms is gross" - don't go accusing them of wanting to be a zoologist and that its like saying 2+2".

You have moved into the realms of ridiculousness from mildly amusing. Off your head.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 16:16]

Again making things ridiculously complicated is a sign of a moron.. simplify it.. it's simple.. nothing worse than a tit trying to sound intelligent with something so simple.. you remind me of the guys on the apprentice.. all talk.. no thought.. like a kid.. your missus is definitely shagging someone.. trust me..

Again.. Intelligence is learning something you haven't been taught.. no.. intelligence is learning something you haven't been taught or even read to learn.. you know stuff without having any knowledge on the subject at all.. you've obviously read up on it.. I haven't..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:54 - Nov 19 with 924 viewsLord_Bony

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:50 - Nov 19 by skippyjack

Again making things ridiculously complicated is a sign of a moron.. simplify it.. it's simple.. nothing worse than a tit trying to sound intelligent with something so simple.. you remind me of the guys on the apprentice.. all talk.. no thought.. like a kid.. your missus is definitely shagging someone.. trust me..

Again.. Intelligence is learning something you haven't been taught.. no.. intelligence is learning something you haven't been taught or even read to learn.. you know stuff without having any knowledge on the subject at all.. you've obviously read up on it.. I haven't..

SO what is the point you and Warwick are trying to make then Skip?
Please enlighten in depth if possible....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:57 - Nov 19 with 919 viewsParlay

These are a series of photos which may explain the vastness of space and in turn explain why i believe that in itself points to the chances of intelligent life being out there as almost an inevitability.

Each photo (barring the first) will stagger some as to where we are in relation the the surroundings and then the next photo which zooms out even more is even more mind blowing as each photo is so insignificant it gets shown as a mere pin prick on the next and so on and so forth, and it ends in the "observable universe". Thats just what we know is there.

So each photo, and all photos that have gone before it is represented by a single speck on the next. Quite incredible really.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 18:06]

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:02 - Nov 19 with 913 viewsskippyjack

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:37 - Nov 19 by Parlay

Not necessarily but highly likely.

You say the chances of life on earth was so small, id in fact argue the opposite, the chances were huge - it was bound to happen. It is the nature of infinity. Its like the monkeys and the typewriters, they WILL write the works of Shakespeare not once but an infinite amount of times. on the face of it it seems like such a small chance with a series of circumstances all having to happen in the correct order - however looked at it through the nature of infinity it will happen an infinite amount of times.

There are billions upon billions of galaxies each with their own solar systems which contain their own planets, suns and moons. To think we are the only life out there is actually a little ignorant in my opinion when we in size are a mere particle in a world of substance.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 17:46]

It is actually deluded to think life isn't out there.. the odds on it not being any.. is like the world ending in 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 lower than micro second.. genuinely delusional if you think it isn't.. the bookies are rarely wrong on favourites.. this one is so nailed on.. we're also 0.0000000000000000000000000000001 of ever finding out..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:03 - Nov 19 with 912 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:50 - Nov 19 by skippyjack

There is nothing complicated about it young skip, im not entirely sure what you are finding difficult to comprehend. You seem offended that i am offering scientific fact to support my opinion for what reason i have no idea. Even more bizarre when it turns out you agree with me in every single aspect.

Now i suggest you look up the word "intelligence" and not just make up the meaning of the word. Your definition of intelligence is so ironic its laughable as intelligence is about as far away from that explanation as one can fathom.

I don't even think you know what your point is, you are warwick like to argue for the sake of arguing scrabbling around trying to fins anything to combat anyone that shows a modicum of intelligence or willingness to enter into an intelligent debate.

You remind me of the div kid in school that sits at the back of the class and says such like as "i knew that", "pffft is that all? I could do that" etc etc all the while never proving it, showing an opinion or indeed offering a counter.

In short, you are coming across a bit of a plum.

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:04 - Nov 19 with 908 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:02 - Nov 19 by skippyjack

It is actually deluded to think life isn't out there.. the odds on it not being any.. is like the world ending in 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 lower than micro second.. genuinely delusional if you think it isn't.. the bookies are rarely wrong on favourites.. this one is so nailed on.. we're also 0.0000000000000000000000000000001 of ever finding out..

Are you drunk?

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:11 - Nov 19 with 897 viewsJackfath

Parlay.

I was enjoying this thread and it was my first port of call after logging in this evening.

Trolls everywhere Parlay. Ignore them and they'll go away, carry on with the debate.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:18 - Nov 19 with 885 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:11 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

Parlay.

I was enjoying this thread and it was my first port of call after logging in this evening.

Trolls everywhere Parlay. Ignore them and they'll go away, carry on with the debate.

Good man Fath, i think your advice is very wise indeed.

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:20 - Nov 19 with 880 viewsmax936

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:54 - Nov 19 by Parlay

We as humans have been here for circa 195,000 years. Our universe is 13.8 BILLION years old. Meaning that 99.99999999% of the universe's lifespan happened before humans came along. We have no idea what has gone on prior and barely know whats going on now. We may well have been visited by other life forms.

Well, Oldjack is still here

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:21 - Nov 19 with 877 viewsonetimejack

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:11 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

Parlay.

I'm betting bummers.com was your first port of call you lying toad.

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:27 - Nov 19 with 866 viewsStarsky

Every time Lord Bony starts an interesting thread it gets fecking derailed.
Every time someone decides to start a SCFC finances thread it gets fecking derailed.

I propose that the derailers get 3 retorts maximum back at each other and then get the feck off the thread.

It's fecking endless mun.

It's just the internet, init.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:28 - Nov 19 with 863 viewsJackfath

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:21 - Nov 19 by onetimejack

I'm betting bummers.com was your first port of call you lying toad.

What an odd thing to say. Still it takes all sorts.

#weird.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:29 - Nov 19 with 857 viewsLord_Bony

No wonder I hardly post here anymore...

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:30 - Nov 19 with 853 viewsJackfath

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:18 - Nov 19 by Parlay

Good man Fath, i think your advice is very wise indeed.

This site has always fascinated me. Imagine if one day something is picked up on these which isn't from our planet....

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:30 - Nov 19 with 853 viewsStarsky

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:29 - Nov 19 by Lord_Bony

No wonder I hardly post here anymore...

STop putting up interesting threads then?

It's just the internet, init.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:31 - Nov 19 with 853 viewsskippyjack

Parlay started it.. he threw the first stone

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:32 - Nov 19 with 846 viewsLord_Bony

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:30 - Nov 19 by Starsky

STop putting up interesting threads then?

Im pining for the SCFC Liberty accountancy thread already.....

Monmouth was right...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024