Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl 11:55 - Dec 3 with 8359 viewsthe_oracle

Planning a Christmas pub crawl. Fed up with Wind Street so thought a trawl of the pubs in the Sandfields would make a pleasant change. Starting point Potters Wheel for some cheap real ale, ending at Westbourne for expensive real ale and onwards to a curry.

I need ideas for the middle bit with a route that will get us from A to B. Ta.
Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 11:56 - Dec 3 with 8345 viewsPonderosa

n/t
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 13:30]

Bring The Missus

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:05 - Dec 3 with 8325 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Singleton, Builders, Clarence or Paxton (one still open) the Seabeach, Abertawe Alejouse (now poets corner) , the badminton , Tredegar, The Robin Hood that's about all I can think of mate off the top of my head

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:08 - Dec 3 with 8321 viewsPonderosa

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:05 - Dec 3 by Brynmill_Jack

The Singleton, Builders, Clarence or Paxton (one still open) the Seabeach, Abertawe Alejouse (now poets corner) , the badminton , Tredegar, The Robin Hood that's about all I can think of mate off the top of my head

Sounds ok, that. Chuck in the Bryn Y Mor and the Cricketers if you're prepared to walk a bit further

Bring The Missus

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:12 - Dec 3 with 8308 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:08 - Dec 3 by Ponderosa

Sounds ok, that. Chuck in the Bryn Y Mor and the Cricketers if you're prepared to walk a bit further

And the wig and pen too, the mill

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:19 - Dec 3 with 8300 viewsepaul

Well my old man lives and drinks down there and goes to Bond street club, Seabeach, badminton, plenty of pubs there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:21 - Dec 3 with 8297 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:19 - Dec 3 by epaul

Well my old man lives and drinks down there and goes to Bond street club, Seabeach, badminton, plenty of pubs there

Didn't include the BS club as not sure if members only

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:33 - Dec 3 with 8274 viewsPonderosa

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:19 - Dec 3 by epaul

Nice to hear that. Had heard that moving to the Liberty had ruined a lot of the pubs

Bring The Missus

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 13:12 - Dec 3 with 8217 viewsTreorchyjack

Plenty of pubs. Here's a crawl I ventured on last year (Do the reverse route to end up by Westbourne)...

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10463879_10152471260138427

p.s. not sure how to post images on here, so hope link works!
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 13:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 13:17 - Dec 3 with 8206 viewsSlugster664

Not sure when the Wig and Pen is reopening but you also have the Bay View (I'm sure it is open again after a refit??) You can also go in the Transport Club on St Helens Road, full of old miserable bastards most of the time though!
Clarence is closed, boarded up for a while unfortunately

STID

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 13:30 - Dec 3 with 8180 viewsPonderosa

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 13:17 - Dec 3 by Slugster664

Not sure when the Wig and Pen is reopening but you also have the Bay View (I'm sure it is open again after a refit??) You can also go in the Transport Club on St Helens Road, full of old miserable bastards most of the time though!
Clarence is closed, boarded up for a while unfortunately

Dickythorpe loves the Transport Club

Bring The Missus

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 13:34 - Dec 3 with 8175 viewsdickythorpe

Marvellous thread is this! A great welcome always in the Transport Club.

Plus Ponderosa may remember the pub near the old club shop where the owner regaled us of a tale where this millionaire used to wave a fiver at the landlord?
Marvellous landlord, thought you could get Sky Sports through a freeview box for feck all.
Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 13:46 - Dec 3 with 8153 viewsPonderosa

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 13:34 - Dec 3 by dickythorpe

Plus Ponderosa may remember the pub near the old club shop where the owner regaled us of a tale where this millionaire used to wave a fiver at the landlord?
Marvellous landlord, thought you could get Sky Sports through a freeview box for feck all.

Delightfully off his chops he was, fair play to him

Bring The Missus

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 14:12 - Dec 3 with 8118 viewsepaul

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 13:34 - Dec 3 by dickythorpe

Transport has gone, it changed to the sandfields community club and thats gone as well now

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 14:38 - Dec 3 with 8090 viewsthe_oracle

Looks like there's some uncertainty on what is and what isn't open. May have to take a pre night recce.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:19 - Dec 3 with 8054 viewsepaul

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 12:21 - Dec 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Didn't include the BS club as not sure if members only

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 18:45 - Dec 3 with 7938 viewsmax936

If you're going to the Potters Wheel for a few Real Ales nip down to the Eli Jenkins as well, they've always got a few nice ales on.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 16:27 - Dec 4 with 7772 viewsswanny

Is the brooklands (brooklyns?) still there?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 21:58 - Dec 5 with 7667 viewswhiterock

St Helens is still there, drove past it the other day, is Tredegar still there?
Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 22:22 - Dec 5 with 7641 viewsSwanzay

We did a SFPC last year, great night, St Helens, Robinhood, Badmington, New Windham Seabeach etc, the local characters superb!
Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 09:37 - Dec 6 with 7577 viewsepaul

Swansea Sandfields Pub Crawl on 21:58 - Dec 5 by whiterock

St Helens is still there, drove past it the other day, is Tredegar still there?

Tredegar will always be there

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024