Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tan's financial madness revealed. 07:22 - Dec 18 with 11896 viewsNOTRAC

A story in the Western Mail this morning reveals that all legal charges covering secured debts have been paid off by Vincent Tan, thus tightening his grip of control on the Club.
These debts included historic amounts such as the PMG debt of £8.7m,Ray Hanson's debt of £2.5m and the mystery debts of Erskine Finance(registered in Tortola in the Caribbean) and Edgedale International (registered in the Virgin Islands).
It is now estimated by the Western Mail that the total monies owed to Vincent Tan has risen to £120m and that he has introduced up to £150m in total into the Club.
The club is understood to see the debt repayments as part of the owners long standing commitment to the club.
The repayment of these secured creditors was only made public yesterday, but on further reading it transpires that all these payments were made prior to the end of the previous years accounts I.e when Cardiff were in the Premiership.
It would be almost impossible therefore for Tan to ever get his money back, unless Cardiff returned to the Premiership.
Having failed so completely after the injection of such huge amounts of money, it is very unlikely that Tan would ever go down the same road and inject further substantial monies into the Club in future.
No doubt Tan now wishes that he hadn't made those payments, as even a Cardiff City spokesman said "the amount that the club owes is something they cannot afford to repay.
There is also a warning for those believing that new investors into our Club would bring additional success.
It is now clear that even introducing amounts of £100m or more guarantees nothing ,unless the Club's structure is right.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:39 - Jul 7 with 1244 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:30 - Jul 7 by monmouth

Ha. Your club is still a shower of shit and it's still interesting to see how Tan cashes out, and he was a fool for gambling all that money, but he's turned out to be a lucky fool.

Where you have the current laugh is that he has turned out a much better owner than he looked and in a different stratosphere to our bunch so far.

Don’t you consider yourself a fool as well, by still pumping money straight into the pockets of a hedge fund

The present owners must be laughing their heads off, in that they have suckers like you giving up your hard earned money to them
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:42 - Jul 7 with 1231 viewspeenemunde

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:39 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

Don’t you consider yourself a fool as well, by still pumping money straight into the pockets of a hedge fund

The present owners must be laughing their heads off, in that they have suckers like you giving up your hard earned money to them

As a Swansea fan, I have to admit Swansea has some of the thickest fans you’ll ever come across.
Monmouth being a great example.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 10:43]
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:53 - Jul 7 with 1190 viewsbyron

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:30 - Jul 7 by monmouth

Ha. Your club is still a shower of shit and it's still interesting to see how Tan cashes out, and he was a fool for gambling all that money, but he's turned out to be a lucky fool.

Where you have the current laugh is that he has turned out a much better owner than he looked and in a different stratosphere to our bunch so far.

He’s turned out to be a decent owner, high on principles and morals which you can’t say if your hedge funders, trust or Jenkins and co. As things stand he has a valuable asset, but as we all know that asset needs to feed from the cash cow, and that cow can disappear easily.

Benny

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:53 - Jul 7 with 1196 viewsShaky

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:37 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

Tan hasn’t blow anything. In fact Cardiff this up coming season will be streets ahead of Swansea.
As for the American market it’s always been over played especially for clubs like Swansea.

P.s you were wrong.

"n fact Cardiff this up coming season will be streets ahead of Swansea.
As for the American market it’s always been over played especially for clubs like Swansea. "

Been saying you were trolling for some time, Penny, haven't I?.

The gross stupidity is entirely genuine though, isn't it.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 11:15 - Jul 7 with 1142 viewsmonmouth

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:39 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

Who says my money is hard earned?

And I've given them 400 quid in exchange for watching 23 football matches. Not poured 140m into a shower of shit in a lottery that he was incredibly lucky to maybe win....we'll see.

So no, I don't consider myself a fool. Yet. Come back and ask at Christmas when I've had a chance to have a look at the 'entertainment' on offer. It'll probably be more entertaining than Colinball though, and what I've sat through for the last three years for that matter.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 11:22 - Jul 7 with 1127 viewsmajorraglan

I have to say, Cardiff looked like a basket case for a long time, but now, having secured promotion to the PL things look a lot better for them and if they do things sensibly, don’t go OTT on huge wages etc, even if they come down after 1 season the parachute payments should have a considerable impact on their debt and future sustainability. If they can keep the wages low and run the club well, then they should be looking to try and emulate Huddersfield, Brighton this season by staying up or in the worst case scenario Burnley and bouncing between the Divisions. If I were Tan, regardless of how it went this season I would stick with Warnock because if they do come down, he is probably the best placed person to try and get them back up.

I would have hoped Swansea would have been in this position, however the high wage bill will mean that things need to change. Significant costs savings need to be made and the squad will be broken up making it harder to bounce back. I really hope that GP can stop the rot and turn things around.

Tan bought in to Cardiff when they were struggling while K and L bought in at the top of the market and will want their cash back at some point.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 11:23]
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:23 - Jul 7 with 1052 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 11:15 - Jul 7 by monmouth

Who says my money is hard earned?

And I've given them 400 quid in exchange for watching 23 football matches. Not poured 140m into a shower of shit in a lottery that he was incredibly lucky to maybe win....we'll see.

So no, I don't consider myself a fool. Yet. Come back and ask at Christmas when I've had a chance to have a look at the 'entertainment' on offer. It'll probably be more entertaining than Colinball though, and what I've sat through for the last three years for that matter.

A shower of shit that is a team that has been promoted to the Premier League??????

What do you call Swansea then?????

A team that’s been relegated

Will lose something like £60 million in lost revenue from Sky

Run by a bunch of crooks that are only interested in one thing - MONEY

Unable to sell players they want to get rid of to reduce the wage bill

Can’t compete to sign a player from Division One because there’s no money to buy him

Good bet to be relegated to Division One at the end of the season

I could go and say more but we’ll leave it at that for now
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:33 - Jul 7 with 1032 viewsTNT

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:23 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

A shower of shit that is a team that has been promoted to the Premier League??????

Can’t compete to sign a player from Division One because there’s no money to buy him

Enjoy your one season in the PL valleyboy, and then you'll crawl back under your stone I expect.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:38 - Jul 7 with 1020 viewsomarjack

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:33 - Jul 7 by TNT

Enjoy your one season in the PL valleyboy, and then you'll crawl back under your stone I expect.

Never mind him man.

He thinks Cardiff can keep up and stay in the Prem with their sh!t championship squad and the League One level players they've been signing. From Norwich reject Murphy to Cunningham (who?) to Bobby Reid who had one fluke of a good season with Bristol..All the while being managed by that dinosaur...Alan Smithies for GK..haha you can't make it up.

They might as well concede already and crawl back to League One while at it.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 12:39]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:58 - Jul 7 with 985 viewsbyron

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 11:22 - Jul 7 by majorraglan

I have to say, Cardiff looked like a basket case for a long time, but now, having secured promotion to the PL things look a lot better for them and if they do things sensibly, don’t go OTT on huge wages etc, even if they come down after 1 season the parachute payments should have a considerable impact on their debt and future sustainability. If they can keep the wages low and run the club well, then they should be looking to try and emulate Huddersfield, Brighton this season by staying up or in the worst case scenario Burnley and bouncing between the Divisions. If I were Tan, regardless of how it went this season I would stick with Warnock because if they do come down, he is probably the best placed person to try and get them back up.

I would have hoped Swansea would have been in this position, however the high wage bill will mean that things need to change. Significant costs savings need to be made and the squad will be broken up making it harder to bounce back. I really hope that GP can stop the rot and turn things around.

Tan bought in to Cardiff when they were struggling while K and L bought in at the top of the market and will want their cash back at some point.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 11:23]

Well said. No big time Charlie’s with us this time. If we can replicate the clubs you mention then that’s just fine. More importantly, if we do go down, this team, with some fine young pacey additions are far more capable of staying together and going again than the last depleted squad of overpaid buffoons.

Benny

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:59 - Jul 7 with 981 viewsbyron

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:23 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

Lost 60, and the rest, probably double that. They also have a huge wage bill for the first time really. I see trouble ahead, as do most level headed jacks.....

Benny

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:00 - Jul 7 with 974 viewsTNT

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:38 - Jul 7 by omarjack

Never mind him man.

He thinks Cardiff can keep up and stay in the Prem with their sh!t championship squad and the League One level players they've been signing. From Norwich reject Murphy to Cunningham (who?) to Bobby Reid who had one fluke of a good season with Bristol..All the while being managed by that dinosaur...Alan Smithies for GK..haha you can't make it up.

They'll have to stay in the PL for more than seven seasons, finish higher than 8th, and win two domestic cups, before they can come bleating on here mate.

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:01 - Jul 7 with 965 viewsbyron

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:38 - Jul 7 by omarjack

Never mind him man.

You will surely beat us back to league 1. In all honesty, I don’t think we will play you again for years, which is a shame, but you know where to lay the blame.

Benny

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:04 - Jul 7 with 956 viewsTNT

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:01 - Jul 7 by byron

You will surely beat us back to league 1. In all honesty, I don’t think we will play you again for years, which is a shame, but you know where to lay the blame.

Why haven't you played us in the last seven seasons, bron?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:06 - Jul 7 with 948 viewsHumpty

In fairness to Tan, he's been pretty good for Cardiff.

Like everyone else I've laughed at his crazy decisions like red, and his interesting trouser wearing style, but as owners go he's been tidy.

Others will no doubt disagree.
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:10 - Jul 7 with 929 viewsTNT

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:06 - Jul 7 by Humpty

Like everyone else I've laughed at his crazy decisions like red, and his interesting trouser wearing style, but as owners go he's been tidy.

People said that of us, for years, mate. The wheel turns. They don't want to be spouting off too much, as the said wheel will continue to turn.

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:13 - Jul 7 with 914 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:06 - Jul 7 by Humpty

He's made Huw Jenkins look like a complete fool regarding his disparaging comments about him and them in the past. I'm surprised the WM haven't been digging those quotes up.
Tan, whatever the debt to him is has not run out on Cardiff at the first sign of trouble unlike our so called saviours with "the club's best interests at heart".

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:16 - Jul 7 with 901 viewsUxbridge

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:25 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

I have a copy of a posting of yours that says exactly that the old Directors were Swansea fans and would never sell the club

How people change their minds

Mind you it’s not only you, but many others aswell

You should post a link to that.

PS is that you H? It is, isn't it. The writing style is awfully familiar.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 13:18]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:24 - Jul 7 with 875 viewsHumpty

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:10 - Jul 7 by TNT

People said that of us, for years, mate. The wheel turns. They don't want to be spouting off too much, as the said wheel will continue to turn.

Agreed but like Bryn says he hasn't run out on them as many would.

I still think they'll struggle this season, that squad last year is nowhere near good enough IMO.
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:31 - Jul 7 with 860 viewsTNT

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:24 - Jul 7 by Humpty

Agreed but like Bryn says he hasn't run out on them as many would.

I still think they'll struggle this season, that squad last year is nowhere near good enough IMO.

Agree, good post from Bryn and I'd copy in Huw Jenkins if I could. But no-one knows what Tan will do in the future, either. People may well see him, too, in a different light in years to come.

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:43 - Jul 7 with 835 viewsHumpty

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:31 - Jul 7 by TNT

Agree, good post from Bryn and I'd copy in Huw Jenkins if I could. But no-one knows what Tan will do in the future, either. People may well see him, too, in a different light in years to come.

True.

One thing I will predict, all these new basseys who've crawled out of the woodwork recently will be noticeable by their absence come November.
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 14:12 - Jul 7 with 791 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:33 - Jul 7 by TNT

When you are anywhere near the games I have seen home and away watching the Swans, it’s then you can call yourself a Swans supporter

There’s not many posters on this site that have watched Swans play, home and away

The difference with me is that when the old Directors (which I had been saying for a long time what would happen) sold the fans down the river. I stopped putting my money into Swansea just to line greedy owners and directors pockets

Tell us what you have done to show your disgust in what has happened

Probably a few shouts in a game
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 14:20 - Jul 7 with 777 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:16 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

You should post a link to that.

PS is that you H? It is, isn't it. The writing style is awfully familiar.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 13:18]

Yes it is

Not only have I got some really laughable postings on you but many many others as well, including some from the one and only Colin Jones -Swansea

Was there some deal in Swansea to get some brain transplants for you and the others, or is it a case of conveniently forgetting what you have written in the past

Remember how you used to say how good Huw Jenkins and the rest of them were and they wouldn’t sell the club as they had the interest of the Swans at heart

The only interest they had and what I used to keep telling you, was their back pockets and how much they could fill them to
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 14:36 - Jul 7 with 748 viewsbyron

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:43 - Jul 7 by Humpty

True.

One thing I will predict, all these new basseys who've crawled out of the woodwork recently will be noticeable by their absence come November.

Really? Maybe some. If we stay up then all good, if not, reckon we have a stronger aquad again and hopefully the best manager to try get us back up again, no biggy. We will always yo yo I think.

Benny

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 14:42 - Jul 7 with 740 viewsbyron

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 14:20 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

Yes it is

Not only have I got some really laughable postings on you but many many others as well, including some from the one and only Colin Jones -Swansea

Was there some deal in Swansea to get some brain transplants for you and the others, or is it a case of conveniently forgetting what you have written in the past

Remember how you used to say how good Huw Jenkins and the rest of them were and they wouldn’t sell the club as they had the interest of the Swans at heart

The only interest they had and what I used to keep telling you, was their back pockets and how much they could fill them to

At the end of the day that last sentence is what it’s all about for them, they weren’t particularly wealthy, now they are. What did Jenkins put in initially? 250k wasn’t it? 17 million back? Not bad deal. They chose themselves over their business interests as most would. They shouldn’t have made out they were jacks through and through before, that’s where they screwed up. Tan was already a billionaire, massive difference.

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024