Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tan's financial madness revealed. 07:22 - Dec 18 with 11895 viewsNOTRAC

A story in the Western Mail this morning reveals that all legal charges covering secured debts have been paid off by Vincent Tan, thus tightening his grip of control on the Club.
These debts included historic amounts such as the PMG debt of £8.7m,Ray Hanson's debt of £2.5m and the mystery debts of Erskine Finance(registered in Tortola in the Caribbean) and Edgedale International (registered in the Virgin Islands).
It is now estimated by the Western Mail that the total monies owed to Vincent Tan has risen to £120m and that he has introduced up to £150m in total into the Club.
The club is understood to see the debt repayments as part of the owners long standing commitment to the club.
The repayment of these secured creditors was only made public yesterday, but on further reading it transpires that all these payments were made prior to the end of the previous years accounts I.e when Cardiff were in the Premiership.
It would be almost impossible therefore for Tan to ever get his money back, unless Cardiff returned to the Premiership.
Having failed so completely after the injection of such huge amounts of money, it is very unlikely that Tan would ever go down the same road and inject further substantial monies into the Club in future.
No doubt Tan now wishes that he hadn't made those payments, as even a Cardiff City spokesman said "the amount that the club owes is something they cannot afford to repay.
There is also a warning for those believing that new investors into our Club would bring additional success.
It is now clear that even introducing amounts of £100m or more guarantees nothing ,unless the Club's structure is right.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 15:08 - Jul 7 with 1248 viewsUxbridge

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 14:20 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

Yes it is

Not only have I got some really laughable postings on you but many many others as well, including some from the one and only Colin Jones -Swansea

Was there some deal in Swansea to get some brain transplants for you and the others, or is it a case of conveniently forgetting what you have written in the past

Remember how you used to say how good Huw Jenkins and the rest of them were and they wouldn’t sell the club as they had the interest of the Swans at heart

The only interest they had and what I used to keep telling you, was their back pockets and how much they could fill them to

You said a lot of things H. Remember your predictions when your favourite team got promoted last time. Didn't quite pan out eh . Still, good to see you back after a long period of silence.

PS I wouldn't confuse me taking the mick of the way your other team embraced each new master running their Club with me actually thinking our lot wouldn't ever sell. The manner they did so did surprise me though, I did think them better than that. Many of us did.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 15:12 - Jul 7 with 1243 viewsDJack

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 15:08 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

You said a lot of things H. Remember your predictions when your favourite team got promoted last time. Didn't quite pan out eh . Still, good to see you back after a long period of silence.

PS I wouldn't confuse me taking the mick of the way your other team embraced each new master running their Club with me actually thinking our lot wouldn't ever sell. The manner they did so did surprise me though, I did think them better than that. Many of us did.

OK so who is he, he ain't Sir Scott, Scooby, Sid and I don't believe that he is Armchair...so whom?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tan's financial madness revealed. (n/t) on 15:16 - Jul 7 with 1233 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 15:49 - Jul 7 with 1178 viewsvalleyboy

If Cardiff was/is my favourite team. Then why would I rack up over 1500 games watching the Swans since 1978, when I started to watch them regulary after breaking my leg playing football and that’s not counting many midweek games before

Strange that

The reason must be that I have no phobia in supporting all Welsh teams like you lot from Swansea

You only have to read a thread on here today or was it yesterday about supporting England, to see this phobia

Thankfully that’s not for me
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 19:37 - Jul 7 with 1038 viewsTNT

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 15:49 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

If Cardiff was/is my favourite team. Then why would I rack up over 1500 games watching the Swans since 1978, when I started to watch them regulary after breaking my leg playing football and that’s not counting many midweek games before

Strange that

The reason must be that I have no phobia in supporting all Welsh teams like you lot from Swansea

You only have to read a thread on here today or was it yesterday about supporting England, to see this phobia

Thankfully that’s not for me

1500 games watching The Swans, yet you call us 'You lot from Swansea'. Fa*k off is it mate, you make byron sound plausible, and he was sussed after one post purporting to be a Swans fan.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 20:00 - Jul 7 with 1005 viewsmonmouth

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:23 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

A shower of shit that is a team that has been promoted to the Premier League??????

What do you call Swansea then?????

A team that’s been relegated

Will lose something like £60 million in lost revenue from Sky

Run by a bunch of crooks that are only interested in one thing - MONEY

Unable to sell players they want to get rid of to reduce the wage bill

Can’t compete to sign a player from Division One because there’s no money to buy him

Good bet to be relegated to Division One at the end of the season

I could go and say more but we’ll leave it at that for now

Read it again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 21:58 - Jul 7 with 945 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 19:37 - Jul 7 by TNT

1500 games watching The Swans, yet you call us 'You lot from Swansea'. Fa*k off is it mate, you make byron sound plausible, and he was sussed after one post purporting to be a Swans fan.

I wouldn’t go and see a Swansea game if you paid me these days

I made the stand on principle and that I wouldn’t put any more money into the pockets of any hedge fund manager, that wasn’t interested in Swansea City, but only in the money that club could generate for them

What you do is up to you

I can’t stop people being fools

If you can’t see what these people are doing, then you must be blind

Swansea fans even accepts, that these crooked old directors still attend games and enjoy the hospitality given and you just stand there and leave it happen

How sad to see this happen
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 23:32 - Jul 7 with 881 viewsTNT

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 21:58 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

I wouldn’t go and see a Swansea game if you paid me these days

I made the stand on principle and that I wouldn’t put any more money into the pockets of any hedge fund manager, that wasn’t interested in Swansea City, but only in the money that club could generate for them

What you do is up to you

I can’t stop people being fools

If you can’t see what these people are doing, then you must be blind

Swansea fans even accepts, that these crooked old directors still attend games and enjoy the hospitality given and you just stand there and leave it happen

How sad to see this happen

cardiff are now in the premier league, The Swans are in the championship...you now don't want to support The Swans. Very convenient. End of.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:42 - Jul 8 with 774 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 23:32 - Jul 7 by TNT

cardiff are now in the premier league, The Swans are in the championship...you now don't want to support The Swans. Very convenient. End of.

Well don’t call yourself a Swans fan as you have done nothing to try and stop this miserable mess Swansea City are in

I’ve heard this so often that you follow the team never mind what’s happening to the club

One day there could be no club, as these hedge fund managers are ruthless

Not only will they be wanting their initial investment back, but any other money they can get their hands on, leaving the club hoping they can find another Vincent Tan to save them from extingsion

I would say, the club is now in a bad a time as when Petty was around

The only difference is, that these present owners are more sophisticated than Petty and are robbing you blind without you knowing it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024