Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remainder of the season consolidation? 16:43 - Jan 6 with 6040 viewsParlay

The impact of Bony leaving is going to be huge, it cannot be understated how much this will change our play, even down to our tactical approach. This will be incredibly hard to adjust to and I just hope the fans remain patient with on field matters as this is going to take some adapting. Partnerships and understandings are going to have to be forged over time like Siggy and Bony did.

I think instead of pushing on for top 6, our realistic target now must be just for a mid-table finish with anything higher as a bonus. We have got a lovely cushion in terms of points to cope with losing Bony and hopefully by next season we will be firing on all cylinders with our new starting striker.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:45 - Jan 6 with 2481 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Anyone who thought we could push for a top 6 place this season is obviously insane.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:48 - Jan 6 with 2451 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:45 - Jan 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Anyone who thought we could push for a top 6 place this season is obviously insane.

We are 4 points behind 6th with mire than half the season gone. It undoubtedly would have been our aim should we have kept the leagues top scorer in 2014. Whether we would have achieved it is another thing all together.

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:50 - Jan 6 with 2439 viewsLeonisGod

Indeed. But we will need to change the way we play. Maybe even for the better as we'll possibly be more effective playing more through the midfield/wingers and looking to get Gomis in behind. Rather than more often than not looking for the longer ball for Bony to hold up and bring others into play. Whether we'll get the results we'll have to wait and see, but it *might* make for a more fluid attack. I can't see Gomis playing exactly the same role as Wilf (Tranmere game being a case in point even though we can't read much into that game).
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:53 - Jan 6 with 2422 viewsAnotherJohn

I think we were only about two players away from a good chance of a top-six finish. Now, if reports are to be believed, we are not just three players away, but would need to land one in the most difficult of all positions to fill. We all hope things will come good with what we have, but my view is that we do not yet have that player.The nearest is a guy out on loan who might get back to what he was if a miracle happened. In my opinion selling Wilf is far from the 'no brainer' that people suggest.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 16:56]
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:54 - Jan 6 with 2413 viewsTom1912

I don't think it's insane to think we could have kept Bony to the summer, especially with the ACN. And if we keep Bony, 6th would have been possible. Certainly not insane anyway.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:56 - Jan 6 with 2392 viewsnantywatcher

Personally I think we will be a better team without him. Siggy should last a whole game now without having to put 90% of the effort into a striking partnership. As a character I really like Mr Bony, as a footballer there are so many weaknesses in his game I just don't get where a price of £25- £30 million comes from. Take the money and run. Brilliant business and all credit to the scouting and management team at Swansea City.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:56 - Jan 6 with 2388 viewsDarran

Well yeah but he is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:56 - Jan 6 with 2388 viewsdameedna

We need to sell players who want Champions League experience and who we have improved. Could do with a better club shop though, that is solidly League Two. The days of Blackburn, Ipswich, Norwich in the past and now Saints, Hammers and Swans doing well are enough to keep us happy. It has been a pleasure.
Login to get fewer ads

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:58 - Jan 6 with 2372 viewskopperburgjack

I fully expected us to push for top 6, if we wernt going to do it with the quality we've got and the start we got off too.. When will we ever push for it?

If we get £30m for bony which is the least we should get, then i think we should get Berahino.

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:02 - Jan 6 with 2344 viewsmonmouth

Generally you need 63 to 68 points to come 6th don't you? That would take an amazing last 18 games at an average of 2 points per game so CL form. So pretty much ridiculous, with Wilf or without, but not impossible obviously. Our realistic target was always mid table, if mid table is 8-12th wasn't it?

The substantive point about Bony is certainly very sound though in my view, particularly under GM's playbook. We will miss him massively.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:04 - Jan 6 with 2327 viewsSkipTheJack

The second half of the season was always going to be much tougher than the first, even with Bony.

If you look at the points we got last season from the fixtures we've played so far, and then compare this to the points we got last season from our remaining fixtures then the difference is quite startling!

For me, the target should be 50 points - and that would be a remarkable achievement.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:08 - Jan 6 with 2301 viewsLucky_Jack

I think we have only won one game this season when Bony has scored
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:11 - Jan 6 with 2277 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:56 - Jan 6 by Darran

Well yeah but he is.

Do you ever stop trolling?

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:12 - Jan 6 with 2267 viewsDarran

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:11 - Jan 6 by Parlay

Do you ever stop trolling?

Do you ever stop talking shit?
Top 6 FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:14 - Jan 6 with 2238 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:12 - Jan 6 by Darran

Do you ever stop talking shit?
Top 6 FFS.

Yes Darren top 6. I didnt say we would or should finish there, i said that would be our aim... European qualification. 3 places above where we are now.

Now run along and keep on celebrating people being in comas and wishing people dead, theres a good boy.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 17:16]

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:21 - Jan 6 with 2198 viewsDewi1jack

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:58 - Jan 6 by kopperburgjack

I fully expected us to push for top 6, if we wernt going to do it with the quality we've got and the start we got off too.. When will we ever push for it?

If we get £30m for bony which is the least we should get, then i think we should get Berahino.

Agree on Berahino.
Trouble is it appears WBA are wanting offers above £20 mill.
Not much profit if we get around £30 mill for Will to go and get defenders and the January sales are expensive compared to the summer. Although good, consistent strikers are always going to cost

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:24 - Jan 6 with 2182 viewsJBT95

Why?

We are 4 points off 6th with over half the season gone. If we hadn't messed up at home against Newcastle, Palace, Spurs & Southampton, with an extra 6 points, we'd be 4th right now.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 17:25]
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:25 - Jan 6 with 2171 viewsDanielswan

10th place is what I wanted before season start and I thought was achievable, I just hope we can cope without Bony and Ki.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:26 - Jan 6 with 2162 viewsunion_jack

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:56 - Jan 6 by Darran

Well yeah but he is.

There are some on here, not just the OP, who sound like our 'friends' due east of here. We are not a top 6 club at present and some way off the mark. We have good players, not many great players. Bony is the closest but the rest are mid-table players.

And you know, that's just fine by me. So long as we improve year on year and make surviving easier and easier (like this season so far) then we should all be happy.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:29 - Jan 6 with 2145 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:26 - Jan 6 by union_jack

There are some on here, not just the OP, who sound like our 'friends' due east of here. We are not a top 6 club at present and some way off the mark. We have good players, not many great players. Bony is the closest but the rest are mid-table players.

And you know, that's just fine by me. So long as we improve year on year and make surviving easier and easier (like this season so far) then we should all be happy.

Good point, lets try and lose our games then from now on, you know, just so we don't do too well like.

Top 8 is very achievable and fully expected us to finish top 8, as would most of the players and management id expect. Your aim is always higher than what you are capable of. The natural higher step is top 6 and european qualification, I'm not sure what is so tricky about this concept.

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:30 - Jan 6 with 2141 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:24 - Jan 6 by JBT95

Why?

We are 4 points off 6th with over half the season gone. If we hadn't messed up at home against Newcastle, Palace, Spurs & Southampton, with an extra 6 points, we'd be 4th right now.

Dont bring sense into it, its clearly not welcome.

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:35 - Jan 6 with 2101 viewsunion_jack

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:29 - Jan 6 by Parlay

Good point, lets try and lose our games then from now on, you know, just so we don't do too well like.

Top 8 is very achievable and fully expected us to finish top 8, as would most of the players and management id expect. Your aim is always higher than what you are capable of. The natural higher step is top 6 and european qualification, I'm not sure what is so tricky about this concept.

I believe they go into every game wanting to win it, and trying to. However, they are not capable of it and except Arsenal some years back, no other team is. However, some are going to win more than others.

Eighth is different to sixth but even that is beyond us this season I believe. That is not the mentality I expect the playing staff to adopt but I'm being as realistic as I can.

However, hope you are right!

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:37 - Jan 6 with 2094 viewsWarwickHunt

Why?

If we were a top six side we wouldn't have "messed up" so often...

Does your auntie have a penis, by the way?
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:40 - Jan 6 with 2078 viewsunion_jack

Why?

But we did and we're not. That's football! It's limiting those mess-ups that will put us up there and at the moment we're going to keep doing it. Let's review this at the end of the season.

This is my view, not my wish just to be clear.

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:41 - Jan 6 with 2067 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:35 - Jan 6 by union_jack

I believe they go into every game wanting to win it, and trying to. However, they are not capable of it and except Arsenal some years back, no other team is. However, some are going to win more than others.

Eighth is different to sixth but even that is beyond us this season I believe. That is not the mentality I expect the playing staff to adopt but I'm being as realistic as I can.

However, hope you are right!

I didn't say we would or should win every game? I said our aim, with Wilf here, after our 20 games thus far would be top 6. I didn't say we would achieve it, i didn't say we should achieve it, i didn't say i expected us to achieve it - i said it would have been our aim... Which it would have been.

We are joint on points with 8th, i am amazed some people still harbour such lack of ambition in which staying there is deemed beyond us with a far better squad than 2 seasons back when we finished 9th.

No wonder the likes of Wilf and Michu move on. I hope this attitude doesn't also become prevalent within the club, although i suggest we wouldn't have got from 92nd to 9th with the attitude that we are unable to even hold our position after the halfway point in a league.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024