Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 19:36 - Jan 18 with 19358 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gomis on 09:07 - Jan 19 with 2246 viewsAnotherJohn

It is hard to say what was said behind closed doors, but my recollection from press coverage was that there was talk from the management about playing two up front. Thus Gomis was quoted as saying that he did not see Bony as a rival but as a strike partner. My impression is that possibility went out the window after Villareal wiped the floor with us, when we played that formation. Thereafter we reverted to the single striker tactic, though Garry did say once or twice that we might play two strikers for some games. Presumably this is what Gomis has in mind, but I'm not very impressed by the way he and his agent are handling things. I don't see that he has a long-term future with us. The question is do we try to keep him to limp to season end. Yes, we looked safe, but ten points in low scoring draws is a lot to get.
Gomis on 09:09 - Jan 19 with 2235 viewsmonmouth

If we're really paying him 80k a week and he's acting the turd, then surely the loan market is our friend here? Take the cash to get our money back and loan in someone with something to prove from the fringes of a top European club on at worst a cost neutral wage?

(no, I don't. that's our scouts' job).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis on 09:20 - Jan 19 with 2187 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis on 09:09 - Jan 19 by monmouth

If we're really paying him 80k a week and he's acting the turd, then surely the loan market is our friend here? Take the cash to get our money back and loan in someone with something to prove from the fringes of a top European club on at worst a cost neutral wage?

(no, I don't. that's our scouts' job).

Exactly.
Gomis on 09:22 - Jan 19 with 2175 viewsnantywatcher

After all the furore post Chelsea I was surprised that Gomis was not mentioned.I thought he was our best player and could not have done anything more with the material he was given. I rate the guy and I'm sure he'll do Crystal Palace proud. Would love us to think about Cisse,if the rumours are true.
Gomis on 09:24 - Jan 19 with 2169 viewsshandyjack

Gomis on 21:14 - Jan 18 by bermudajack

I must be the only one on here who wouldn't care a jot if he left...

Tidy type player with a nice trap and turn, very average in front of goal so far, will need someone alongside him to see the best out of him, that doesn't suit our current system, he obviously likes to sign big signing on fees, then flaunt himself to all & sundry, any interest shown and he starts the big pout about "broken promises".

I don't care what he was bloody promised, for the £70,000 a week he's on without the big fat signing on fee he received, I'd expect him to do what's he told, act professionally and keep his big mouth shut... 😡

nope i agree, im failed to be impressed yet and would snap the hands off any club which offere 8m+

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gomis on 09:31 - Jan 19 with 2143 viewsDyfnant

Lol at this verbal contract nonsense. Sue him Huw, he promised you he could hit the target with his shots

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Gomis on 09:48 - Jan 19 with 2079 viewsBloodyhills

Gomis on 23:59 - Jan 18 by sixpenses

Many people are not aware that verbal agreements are in many cases as legally binding as written contracts. Verbal contracts can be upheld by a court if someone decides to breach the agreement, although without written terms and conditions it may be difficult to prove.

It only becomes one persons word against another if the other party (either truthfully or untruthfully) denies the agreement. That would also depend if other parties like agents were witness to it.

If Gomis has been misled then he has a right to be upset

Do we know if these comments above are from old rehashed comments made prior to Bony's departure.

Actually he may be in a position to Sue us if he can prove an agreement and its breach especially if it disadvantaged his professional development.

I would be delighted to see him stay, Garry said he wants him to stay. Could be excellent for us and possibly not so driven to move on as Bony if he is playing as our main striker.

Thought it was a really nice touch when after the game on Saturday he had the balls to take the initiative to go round and applaud the fans for their support. Good on you Gomis

Yep, verbal agreements are as binding is written contracts, just much harder to prove.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Gomis on 09:52 - Jan 19 with 2062 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis on 09:48 - Jan 19 by Bloodyhills

Yep, verbal agreements are as binding is written contracts, just much harder to prove.

Verbal contracts are not worth the paper they're not written on.
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 09:55 - Jan 19 with 2049 viewswetjack

Gomis on 09:52 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Verbal contracts are not worth the paper they're not written on.

Exactly

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Gomis on 10:00 - Jan 19 with 2039 viewsAnotherJohn

Gomis on 09:31 - Jan 19 by Dyfnant

Lol at this verbal contract nonsense. Sue him Huw, he promised you he could hit the target with his shots

In a case like this any litigation based on what may or may not have been said is such a remote possibility as not to be worth worrying about. Just as a footnote though, people are indeed wrong to equate contracts with formal written agreements. Chitty (a standard text in this field) says: 'The general rule of English law is that contracts can be made quite informally: no writing or other form is necessary' (24th edn para 221 (yes, mine is bit old)). And then, where there is writing, one may see the 'battle of the forms' - the attempt to make sense of the various documents, notes of variation or letters that do exist.

This is a bit of general knowledge, but is not really relevant to this case, I agree.
Gomis on 10:04 - Jan 19 with 2023 viewsbudegan

Gomis on 09:07 - Jan 19 by AnotherJohn

It is hard to say what was said behind closed doors, but my recollection from press coverage was that there was talk from the management about playing two up front. Thus Gomis was quoted as saying that he did not see Bony as a rival but as a strike partner. My impression is that possibility went out the window after Villareal wiped the floor with us, when we played that formation. Thereafter we reverted to the single striker tactic, though Garry did say once or twice that we might play two strikers for some games. Presumably this is what Gomis has in mind, but I'm not very impressed by the way he and his agent are handling things. I don't see that he has a long-term future with us. The question is do we try to keep him to limp to season end. Yes, we looked safe, but ten points in low scoring draws is a lot to get.

The two up front theory is interesting, and would offer a degree of explanation here if correct.

Was VR the only pre-season game we played both B & G together?
Gomis on 10:06 - Jan 19 with 2019 viewspencoedjack

Gomis on 09:24 - Jan 19 by shandyjack

nope i agree, im failed to be impressed yet and would snap the hands off any club which offere 8m+

Me as well
Gomis on 10:26 - Jan 19 with 1968 viewsswannylad

If he wants to go get rid of him that's all we've had this window is he wants to leave f*ck him get rid don't need that attitude in our dressing room !!
Gomis on 11:00 - Jan 19 with 1890 viewsicecoldjack

Gomis needs to worry about all the sitters he's missed not moan on Twitter about not getting games!

He has had about 20 appearance s and been average, bafa needs to concentrate on scoring as he is making a right nob of himself being all billy big bollkcs .

Im concerned about how our season is going to pan out, id love to fook him off for being a cheeky tw@ t but feel we need him and a few more players to keep us strong.

Its not a good situation to be still moaning knowing your the number 1 striker.
Gomis on 11:08 - Jan 19 with 1876 viewsSkipTheJack

I know I shouldn't judge somebody on newspaper gossip, but everything I've heard about Gomis says that we'd be better off without this type of personality in the club even though his quality would be hard to replace in this transfer window.

Perhaps I'm being unfair, and he's not the greedy b****** he's being made out to be.
Gomis on 11:36 - Jan 19 with 1825 viewsSwanseajill

Gomis on 11:00 - Jan 19 by icecoldjack

Gomis needs to worry about all the sitters he's missed not moan on Twitter about not getting games!

He has had about 20 appearance s and been average, bafa needs to concentrate on scoring as he is making a right nob of himself being all billy big bollkcs .

Im concerned about how our season is going to pan out, id love to fook him off for being a cheeky tw@ t but feel we need him and a few more players to keep us strong.

Its not a good situation to be still moaning knowing your the number 1 striker.

Exactly, If he's serious about touting for another club then maybe being in the shop window he will convert some of the row z attempts?

Is Wilf going to be in the same position at Man City?
I believe he may.
Gomis on 11:51 - Jan 19 with 1793 viewsOldjack

This tickled me : Take the mega wonga im generously bunging you & remember your working for the jack army not the f8cking salvation army ! Now hop off you treacherous french chocolate frog

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gomis on 12:32 - Jan 19 with 1724 viewsQuakerJack

He's making this up for two reasons. One so he doesn't look too greedy, two, as a way out of paying back his signing on fee if we sue him.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Gomis on 13:00 - Jan 19 with 1658 viewsNeiltheTaylor

He makes Anelka look like a little ray of sunlight.

You know you've made it when you have your own Le sulk. Le Pwdu.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Gomis on 13:31 - Jan 19 with 1564 viewsLord_Bony

"When Bony was here, it was planned I should play a certain number of games, that wasn't the case," Gomis said.

"Today, I ask myself many questions. I need time to think."

Gomis also says that a number of rival Premier League clubs are interested in signing him during the January transfer window.

"I have been approached by clubs. I don't know what will happen. Me leaving? It is possible," Gomis added, speaking to the Canal Football Club on Canal Plus.

"It is planned that my entourage will meet with Swansea's representatives. Then I will have a discussion with my representatives to find the best solution.

"I want to stay abroad. It is true that I have had not a bad amount of approaches from clubs. "

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gomis on 13:38 - Jan 19 with 1528 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 01:28 - Jan 19 by sixpenses

Para 1 I agree - however if he has been misled then it is understandable he would feel let down - note the if as a lot of this thread seems to be based on assumption

If they are playing brinkmanship I am sure Huw will sort them out. However he would not be the only player at our club with an agent who likes to wind things up

I think Gomis could be very good for us but would not want anyone messing us about however this is far from clear at the moment and the reverse could also be true so it pays for us not to be one eyed

Final line - how rude Lisa is this how you speak to people who make factual points. I thought you were previously lamenting the passing of good manners yet you speak like this. Perhaps missing your old sparring partner Shaky and it is making you tetchy. Perhaps you think you are addressing a member of the family who wanted to buy a full price DVD.

Why do you say it is ridiculous. What is ridiculous in response to someone suggesting we should sue him to point out for the sake of balance......
"Actually he may be in a position to Sue us if he can prove an agreement and its breach especially if it disadvantaged his professional development."
It is a factual point and in no way ridiculous. Do I say he can, do I say there was an agreement, do I say it is desirable for him to sue us

Perhaps I am just pointing out the fact that going as far as saying we should sue him based on a lot of hearsay and assumption is not the most advisable option not least of which in relation to achieving our own best outcomes

It certainly is not desirable for anyone to sue anyone

We have two days on here of people swearing at each other,calling each other 'w***ers', 'c***s' and so on, and you choose to point out that someone saying 'don't be ridiculous' is rude ????

Dear God.

By the way - it's not all hearsay - he did a TV interview - it's on the internet for all to see and was done the day after a 5 nil thumping (it's on Chris Wathan's twitter if you think it's all made up).

But no, you choose instead to start talking about what we may have done to let him down.

Everyone knows the law I'm sure on verbal contracts, but he will have a very lengthy and detailed written contract and the thought that he can somehow sue us based on someone saying (outside of that contract) ' we'll play you' is utter nonsense. You'll be going some to assert in law that there exists a whole host of other non documented clauses if a written contract exists. And what about his consideration for these other clauses? Perhaps, 'we'll play you if you look like you can hit a barn door' was the agreement, and following the glaring misses at Man City, Chelsea and many others, we've decided that 'extra' contract has been breached.

Sick of everyone assuming our club is in the wrong to be honest. And we won't sue him either, but I hope we fine him the maximum we can for talking to clubs while under contract to us.

By the way, the whole point of the 'family in Tesco story' which you are trying so carefully to twist, was that people these days are unable to display even the slightest hint of patience before getting what they want. They have to have it NOW. The past couple of days on here show this to be true once again.
Gomis on 13:59 - Jan 19 with 1479 viewsswanduck

Gomis on 23:52 - Jan 18 by Aquinas

Its obvious he came for the signing on fee. He had a nice pay cheque now he wants more.

He has a Chico Flores attitude with a little bit more talent.

He hasn't been that special for us so far, everyone is in his corner now to try and hide the disappointment of our best ever striker leaving.

We are almost safe this season. I'd prefer to get rid and get someone in quick and prepare for next season, than listen to him in the media every month causing disharmony at the club.

Insulting to Chico who never came out with crud like this and appears to still support the club.
Gomis on 14:02 - Jan 19 with 1471 views_

Gomis on 13:38 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

We have two days on here of people swearing at each other,calling each other 'w***ers', 'c***s' and so on, and you choose to point out that someone saying 'don't be ridiculous' is rude ????

Dear God.

By the way - it's not all hearsay - he did a TV interview - it's on the internet for all to see and was done the day after a 5 nil thumping (it's on Chris Wathan's twitter if you think it's all made up).

But no, you choose instead to start talking about what we may have done to let him down.

Everyone knows the law I'm sure on verbal contracts, but he will have a very lengthy and detailed written contract and the thought that he can somehow sue us based on someone saying (outside of that contract) ' we'll play you' is utter nonsense. You'll be going some to assert in law that there exists a whole host of other non documented clauses if a written contract exists. And what about his consideration for these other clauses? Perhaps, 'we'll play you if you look like you can hit a barn door' was the agreement, and following the glaring misses at Man City, Chelsea and many others, we've decided that 'extra' contract has been breached.

Sick of everyone assuming our club is in the wrong to be honest. And we won't sue him either, but I hope we fine him the maximum we can for talking to clubs while under contract to us.

By the way, the whole point of the 'family in Tesco story' which you are trying so carefully to twist, was that people these days are unable to display even the slightest hint of patience before getting what they want. They have to have it NOW. The past couple of days on here show this to be true once again.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Gomis on 14:11 - Jan 19 with 1428 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 14:02 - Jan 19 by _

oh get lost Chris.

You think do you that we've promised Gomis stuff that let's him go on all media channels to talk about how unhappy he is on his ridiculous amount of money?

Right you are.

You're view isn't shared by the way by anyone that knows anything about the club. You are just being a complete arse for the sake of it.

I've agreed with a lot of what you've said in the past couple of days about Saturday's disgrace, but you are just looking to pick fights all over this site with anyone whose fall back position isn't that everyone to do with the club is a complete bast**d.

On any other day, you would think Gomis was behaving like a dickhead and would want him out of he club.
Gomis on 14:13 - Jan 19 with 1416 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 13:59 - Jan 19 by swanduck

Insulting to Chico who never came out with crud like this and appears to still support the club.

I agree - I've seen nothing of Chico to suggest that he was even remotely like this prat. He's a bit of a nutter, but never ever displayed anything but full support for the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024