Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 19:36 - Jan 18 with 19362 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gomis on 22:06 - Jan 18 with 3162 viewssomersetsimon

Gomis on 20:39 - Jan 18 by AngelRangelQS

I can believe promises were made. Surely Gomis would have asked the question when he signed? He's clearly someone who isn't happy sitting on the bench picking up a wedge every week so it must be important to him

One of his comments was:
“It was planned that we would play up front together but it didn’t happen. "

Obviously never saw us play then...
Gomis on 22:07 - Jan 18 with 3153 viewsmacthejack

Gomis on 20:48 - Jan 18 by exiledclaseboy

i did say that I take you at your word mun. Although the reaction if we'd kept Bony benched while Gomis played himself into some form would have been interesting. I don't get the notion that you keep the League's hottest striker on the bench while another player finds some form. Monk would have been (metaphorically) lynched if he'd done so and quite right too. As I said, on the few occasions Gomis did start ahead of Bony (and missed a fair few chances) there was an outcry here and elsewhere.

I suppose the theory that we expected to lose Bony in the summer and bought Gomis as a direct replacement, leading to him thinking he was going to be numero uno has some legs but it is only a theory. And it still doesn't alter the fact that while Bony was on our books he was always going to be our first pick striker. You don't leave a goal machine like Bony on the bench just to give the other guy some game time.

Garry and the board are damned if they do and damned if they don't on here. I don't think it's anything personal for the most part I just think it's that Swansea fans (maybe it's all football fans or just the British disposition) are never happy these days, you hear it in the stadium. People much prefer to moan then to cheer.

None of us really know what's going on behind the scenes really do we so it's ridiculous to assume one theory or another is correct.
Gomis on 22:08 - Jan 18 with 3149 viewsstid

Lets be honest he isnt anything special anyway , I certainly wont miss him
Gomis on 22:22 - Jan 18 with 3057 viewsacejack3065

why would he want to move and risk playing second fiddle again though?

He's top dog here, the fans want him to play, and hes getting filthy stinking rich in the progress.
Gomis on 22:23 - Jan 18 with 3049 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis on 20:57 - Jan 18 by longlostjack

In a few games there were some people claiming that.Bony was getting pissed off because he was doing the hard work of softening up the defence for Gomis to come on and look good. As for promises of playing time that sounds like a complete joke. I smell agent.

Yep, can't see those sorts of promises being made. As for Gomis being frozen out, that's bonkers. Bony was our best striker, simple as.
Gomis on 22:26 - Jan 18 with 3033 views3swan

Gomis on 20:00 - Jan 18 by exiledclaseboy

Nor me, but it's amazing what people will believe these days if it suits them to do so.

Open mind Andrew. Do you believe that clubs don't promise things to get a player to sign?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 22:26]
Gomis on 23:38 - Jan 18 with 2839 viewsswanduck

I'm at the point where I just want him to go. Get a decent wedge for him and get someone else in - he has an awful attitude and i am completely fed up. Up until now I have supported him fully but he is teetering on the edge of losing my support.
Gomis on 23:52 - Jan 18 with 2807 viewsAquinas

Its obvious he came for the signing on fee. He had a nice pay cheque now he wants more.

He has a Chico Flores attitude with a little bit more talent.

He hasn't been that special for us so far, everyone is in his corner now to try and hide the disappointment of our best ever striker leaving.

We are almost safe this season. I'd prefer to get rid and get someone in quick and prepare for next season, than listen to him in the media every month causing disharmony at the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 23:59 - Jan 18 with 2789 viewssixpenses

Gomis on 21:25 - Jan 18 by Dan_Swan

Promises do not form parts of a contract. These promises that are being spoken about are hear say at best (effectively one persons word against another)

Chris Wathan of the Western Mail believes he has deciphered the translation whereby it also suggests Gomis has stated that he has spoken to St Etienne, so in my eyes breaching contract.

I don't want this guy anywhere near the club, we should get rid of him now and if there is enough evidence sue the sod!

Many people are not aware that verbal agreements are in many cases as legally binding as written contracts. Verbal contracts can be upheld by a court if someone decides to breach the agreement, although without written terms and conditions it may be difficult to prove.

It only becomes one persons word against another if the other party (either truthfully or untruthfully) denies the agreement. That would also depend if other parties like agents were witness to it.

If Gomis has been misled then he has a right to be upset

Do we know if these comments above are from old rehashed comments made prior to Bony's departure.

Actually he may be in a position to Sue us if he can prove an agreement and its breach especially if it disadvantaged his professional development.

I would be delighted to see him stay, Garry said he wants him to stay. Could be excellent for us and possibly not so driven to move on as Bony if he is playing as our main striker.

Thought it was a really nice touch when after the game on Saturday he had the balls to take the initiative to go round and applaud the fans for their support. Good on you Gomis
Gomis on 00:16 - Jan 19 with 2749 viewsBobJack

"Actually he may be in a position to Sue us if he can prove an agreement and its breach especially if it disadvantaged his professional development. "

Are you suggesting he can sue us because Monk did not play him often enough?

When was the last time a player was successful in doing this to his club ?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Gomis on 00:35 - Jan 19 with 2728 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 23:59 - Jan 18 by sixpenses

Many people are not aware that verbal agreements are in many cases as legally binding as written contracts. Verbal contracts can be upheld by a court if someone decides to breach the agreement, although without written terms and conditions it may be difficult to prove.

It only becomes one persons word against another if the other party (either truthfully or untruthfully) denies the agreement. That would also depend if other parties like agents were witness to it.

If Gomis has been misled then he has a right to be upset

Do we know if these comments above are from old rehashed comments made prior to Bony's departure.

Actually he may be in a position to Sue us if he can prove an agreement and its breach especially if it disadvantaged his professional development.

I would be delighted to see him stay, Garry said he wants him to stay. Could be excellent for us and possibly not so driven to move on as Bony if he is playing as our main striker.

Thought it was a really nice touch when after the game on Saturday he had the balls to take the initiative to go round and applaud the fans for their support. Good on you Gomis

I would also be glad to see him stay. I would also be glad to see him and his agent shut up the public negotiation.

This is all nonsense. Bony has left and they think they have us over a barrel and that this is a good time for them to threaten to get an improved contract.

I believe that they may have met their match in Jenkins who will sell him rather than be blackmailed.

Gomis is not that good.

By the way - the whole 'he could sue us' - don't be ridiculous.
Gomis on 01:04 - Jan 19 with 2697 viewssixpenses

Gomis on 00:16 - Jan 19 by BobJack

"Actually he may be in a position to Sue us if he can prove an agreement and its breach especially if it disadvantaged his professional development. "

Are you suggesting he can sue us because Monk did not play him often enough?

When was the last time a player was successful in doing this to his club ?

No, in response to someone suggesting a verbal contract is not worth the paper it is written on and suggesting we should sue Gomis (which does not seem the best way to motivate a player to me).

In the interest of balance and perhaps to restore a little perspective
and to stop the burning torches when we do not know exactly what was said by whom and when - yet suddenly there is all this hate going on against a player that may stay with us
I pointed out

"Actually he may be in a position to Sue us if he can prove an agreement and its breach especially if it disadvantaged his professional development."

Which is merely an accurate factual point. But if you see it being incorrect in any way then please let me know. You can sue for any breach of contract if the agreement can be proved in the first place

I am no expert in footballing legal cases so cannot quote you relevant cases, however the ability to viably sue for breach of contract (even verbal contract if proven) is a well established legal path.

This thread reminds me of the story about the farmer who went to borrow his neighbour's plough. As he walks across the fields to his neighbour's house he gradually persuades himself that his neighbour will resent him borrowing the plough, then that the neighbour will gossip about him behind his back for asking and finally that the neighbour will refuse his request. When he finally arrives at his neighbours house he knocks on the door and when his neighbour opens the door he says you can stick your bloody plough and storms off. Nowt as strange as folk when they get an idea in their head.
Gomis on 01:28 - Jan 19 with 2673 viewssixpenses

Gomis on 00:35 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

I would also be glad to see him stay. I would also be glad to see him and his agent shut up the public negotiation.

This is all nonsense. Bony has left and they think they have us over a barrel and that this is a good time for them to threaten to get an improved contract.

I believe that they may have met their match in Jenkins who will sell him rather than be blackmailed.

Gomis is not that good.

By the way - the whole 'he could sue us' - don't be ridiculous.

Para 1 I agree - however if he has been misled then it is understandable he would feel let down - note the if as a lot of this thread seems to be based on assumption

If they are playing brinkmanship I am sure Huw will sort them out. However he would not be the only player at our club with an agent who likes to wind things up

I think Gomis could be very good for us but would not want anyone messing us about however this is far from clear at the moment and the reverse could also be true so it pays for us not to be one eyed

Final line - how rude Lisa is this how you speak to people who make factual points. I thought you were previously lamenting the passing of good manners yet you speak like this. Perhaps missing your old sparring partner Shaky and it is making you tetchy. Perhaps you think you are addressing a member of the family who wanted to buy a full price DVD.

Why do you say it is ridiculous. What is ridiculous in response to someone suggesting we should sue him to point out for the sake of balance......
"Actually he may be in a position to Sue us if he can prove an agreement and its breach especially if it disadvantaged his professional development."
It is a factual point and in no way ridiculous. Do I say he can, do I say there was an agreement, do I say it is desirable for him to sue us

Perhaps I am just pointing out the fact that going as far as saying we should sue him based on a lot of hearsay and assumption is not the most advisable option not least of which in relation to achieving our own best outcomes

It certainly is not desirable for anyone to sue anyone
Gomis on 02:00 - Jan 19 with 2642 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Gomis on 19:45 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

If he was made promises that weren't kept then he's entitled to be pissed off.

He had 21 f***ing appearances for this team this season when Bony WAS on the squad, including several starts. And he never looked like much more than half the player Wilf is at any time.

Any player - especially a 29 year old whose petulance you can't chalk up to immaturity - should be a little more aware of when the guy in front of them is way f***ing better than him.

Screw Gomis if this tweet is true. We've got to dump his failed ass. Thanks for the headers against Arsenal and WHU, but he's obviously not a Swansea kind of guy.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gomis on 03:36 - Jan 19 with 2608 viewsnyc_swans

gee, let's calm down, huh?

bony was unhappy last year around this time and made it known (although in a more tactful way). now that things have changed with bony leaving, let's give bafe a chance to get going. would be mad to sell him.
Gomis on 06:59 - Jan 19 with 2535 viewsTreforys_Jack

Promises made to players, hmmm I'm pretty sure Fabiaski was told he would be number 1 over Vorm when he signed, however if he put in some shite performances he would have been dropped. Back to the original issue, its plain to see Gomis was going to be numero uno because we all thought Wilf was off last summer but it didn't happen for whatever reason. You cannot blame Garry then for picking his best 11. There can't be anyone on here who would take Bafe over Wilof surely?
Gomis on 07:11 - Jan 19 with 2516 viewscanhecatchit

My memory not as good as it was but didn't we do the same to Bony , play our leading Goal scorer in Michu and Bony was only getting bit parts in games.
Wait your time and it will come. Now he has his chance to prove himself in the Premier League he wants out? Big Wuss

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Gomis on 07:14 - Jan 19 with 2508 viewsTreforys_Jack

Gomis on 07:11 - Jan 19 by canhecatchit

My memory not as good as it was but didn't we do the same to Bony , play our leading Goal scorer in Michu and Bony was only getting bit parts in games.
Wait your time and it will come. Now he has his chance to prove himself in the Premier League he wants out? Big Wuss

Correct, Bony was pretty poor initially until he got up to speed. It was put down to not having a pre season I believe.
Gomis on 07:38 - Jan 19 with 2453 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis on 20:51 - Jan 18 by Darran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2915833/Bafetimbi-Gomis-casts-

If Arsenal, Dortmund and Shalke are seriously after him then I'm Mother Theressa.
Gomis on 07:51 - Jan 19 with 2425 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gomis on 20:14 - Jan 18 by NeiltheTaylor

I'll speak for myself thanks, I'm better at it ;).

No, there were times Gomis came in, scored and should have either started the next game or had more than 10 mins at the end. Also there were times when Wilf wasn't working up front. Monk had his favourite and froze Gomis out. He should have found a way to get him more minutes and failed to do so. Gomis is now feeling justified in acting the Minge to force a move.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 20:16]

I have to agree with this. There were times when Wilf didn't appear at all interested. He only sprang into life in one game (can't remember the oppo sorry) after two others had scored . I'm second guessing here but if Gomis was on more money due to the whopping signing on fee and weekly wage than Wilf and Wilf was playing all of the time I could imagine he'd be peed off himself.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gomis on 07:52 - Jan 19 with 2422 viewsbudegan

Gomis on 03:36 - Jan 19 by nyc_swans

gee, let's calm down, huh?

bony was unhappy last year around this time and made it known (although in a more tactful way). now that things have changed with bony leaving, let's give bafe a chance to get going. would be mad to sell him.

It will certainly be interesting to see what's next said.

I - naively no doubt - hope that the quotes are old, that this isn't all agent / player boat-rocking in a bid for a better deal, and that Gomis will seize the opportunity as our first choice with both hands.

Regardless I think we're in a desperate position where we need Gomis more than he needs us, something that is plain to him and his representatives, which makes his current actions (if indeed correctly reported and interperated) unbelievably low.

So then what to do? We don't want poison of that type within the club so I'd have thought would want to see the back of him ASAP. That then leaves us with only the PL unproven Oliveira, and - at a push - Marv as striker; and that during the transfer window where it's standard for transfer fees to be higher than normal (even when you're not perceived as having up to £30 million recently land in your wallet). Can anyone really see the board doing business in a climate where Defoe goes to Sunderland on such terms as he has?

So with baited breath I look forward to how Gary, the club, or Gomis himself responds today. I sincerely hope that things are resolved in our favour as quickly as possible.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 7:55]
Gomis on 07:56 - Jan 19 with 2407 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gomis on 20:30 - Jan 18 by GeoffThom

I think what was supposed to happen was bony was going to Liverpool that didn't happen gomis was originally bought as replacement but was told don't worry we will rotate you or play both of you as has been said somewhere but that never happened so gomis is understandably pissed off

I think this must be true. You wouldn't pay a 29 year old with no proven pedigree in the PL over a season player who is both younger and has a consistent goal scoring record at this level. Largely because it would be a divisive issue between the two and also the other players.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gomis on 08:57 - Jan 19 with 2304 viewsLord_Bony

Did nt I read somewhere he is currently on 80k a week? The top wages at the club. On that kind of money he should STFU and be thankful to his employers and do a good job.

He can now have all the game time he wants so lets see what he can do .

I like Gomis and hope he proves himself,but these kind of statements as recent as the last few days do him no favours.

I m still waiting for clarity on his release clause,is it now or later?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 8:59]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gomis on 09:00 - Jan 19 with 2295 viewsWarwickHunt

You can probably add the fact that we were perfectly happy to get him off the wage bill in January if Wilf had still been here to his grievances.

If the stories about offers of £9m+ are true I doubt if we'll fight too hard to keep him, especially after this latest bit of news.
Gomis on 09:07 - Jan 19 with 2261 viewsMagic_Michu

I'd sell him now for anything over £8 million... And bring in another loan striker to see us through until Summer.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024