Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... 08:42 - Jan 25 with 13144 viewsConcerned_Parent

he had to deal with Williams, Monk, and Tate complaining about him to Jenkins behind his back? I heard rumours about this but I always wanted to know if they were true. I do know that Monk had criticized Laudrup's training and said it wasn't intensive enough, and Tate came out and said that he never got on with him and that he wasn't his type of person.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 1928 viewsperchrockjack

Tremendous post.?well no, it's just one you agree with.

I thought the content was also 100 per cent..bollox.

Fact we are still discussing this Danish dead from the neck up drone is shameful.

In life, one looks forward...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 1934 viewsDizzy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:52 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Dear God...

How long do you suppose he took typing that nonsense?
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:54 - Jan 25 with 1923 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:50 - Jan 25 by Dizzy

How long do you suppose he took typing that nonsense?

It really does beggar belief.

Poll: Tory leader

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:58 - Jan 25 with 1911 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:51 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

Yep as ECB said I will counter all this later with attendant graphs and stats - the basic problem is you are assuming beating a bottom club is the same as beating a top club which obviously is a major flaw in your argument. Or that it should be as easy to beat a team we normally lose to as it is to beat a team we always do well against.

You are are also assuming operating with an almost fully fit team and well spaced fixtures is the same as operating with a 50% more crowded fixture list and up to 8 first team players injured with major injuries over many weeks. Which is the second major flaw in your argument. Just look at those fixtures around Dec / Jan.

Believe me I have already done the maths - but even discounting these major issues he was still on track to keep us up on straight points alone

In fact if you like stats I think Monk (even after we thankfully had those few late wins) had over his period in charge lost PL points (compared with like to like games in the previous season) at I think it was an amazing 5 times that of Laudrup, despite operating in much more favourable circumstances.

Didn't want to sign Bony......
- Bony was signed because Huw agreed to strengthen to get ML to stay
- Huw made it clear how unhappy he was at parting with the money.
- Bony made it clear the reason he favoured our club was because we offered European football.
- European football was only on offer because Laudrup had earned it for us in arguably our most successful season in our 100 year history
- Aspas was one of Laudrups first choices as his style fitted our team. As soon as Bren saw Laudrup was after Aspas he went for him and he was basically left to rot on the bench
- Bony's goals only made the difference of 1 additional PLpoint up to Laudrup leaving
- He was also injured and by his own admission had PL fitness issues for which he was given special training to overcome. That with a lack of preseason meant instead of having a striker that would fit right in for the many games ahead he had to bring Bony up to speed and change our playing style to suit his far less mobile style. Still even in those early days and scoring few PL goals he was getting twice the playing time of Gomis and all the European time he wanted
- So basically Laudrup was bringing him up to full strength for Monk whilst also keeping all the other balls in the air

REFUSED TO MEET TOM INCE
You are still having difficulty differentiating the lies put out by interested parties to assassinate Laudrup's character from the truth. Remember our Chairman issued a statement asking for it to stop saying the stories turned his stomach and declared Laudrup the most genuine and honest person you could meet. It was clearly reported in the press that Laudrup talked to them when they visited

I think I have explained that it was the Club and Team Captain that were throwing their toys out of the pram from the outset. If Laudrup did not mind Chico having coco pops (if indeed this story is true). What business was it of Monk to "throw his toys out of the pram" by trying to impose his will on a first team player and undermining the manager. We know Monk liked to openly criticise others with Sousa (when he ironically complained of his failure to maintain second halves) and we have seen it since. Although wasn’t it said that one of Canas / Poz was actually protecting Angel from attack by JJS. As SccobyWho put it his problem seemed to be that he would not take a beating from Shelvey.

Were you in the dressing room at West Ham. Do you recall that month WHam won all their games and only 1 team managed a goal against them. Do you remember they had held Chelsea at the Bridge just before our game. I was at the game and it was not worse than we fared away this season. Laudrup said how disappointed he was as they had worked on nulling that threat in training. Seems we still had not learned that lesson this season. Of course by West Ham according to a number it was common knowledge (except to Laudrup) that he was going. I cannot imagine what the atmosphere was like with the 2 Captains working against him to achieve this. Ash for some games had been providing no leadership on the pitch and was regularly behaving very bad temperedly which was very noticable to me at games before I was aware of any of this

"It would be pretty obvious that the players would be complaining to Laudrup before complaining to Jenkins but nothing was done". Pretty obvious that a couple with much to gain would be complaining anyway specially if their egos were not being fed. But if they had the guts to say it to his face I am not so sure. Given Monk said in the press he wanted a fresh start perhaps going behind Laudrup's back was more productive for him. Laudrup seemed totally unaware of the sacking when it was said it was common knoweledge they wanted rid of him. Why did the Chairman not sort this our from the outset? N'gog and Emnes were even said on here to be Huw's way to get him to walk and thus save compo, in the same way Sousa was pushed out. Complaining to Laudrup's face would have given him the chance to put it right - that was not what was wanted as proved with the strange goings on when they shook hands and said he should stay then sacked him hours later by email.

"The best team in Britain" - that would be the one that had only won 1 game in the last 5 before playing us, when we were tactically clueless and the players looked lost, whilst Monk hid on the bench, later taking the extraordinary step of apologizing for being so bad to the opposition manager. The team that Bradford with a magnificent performance put to the sword 2-4 at the Bridge. Having the massive character to come form 2 goals down. Please don't complain about a few injuries when Laudrup was dealing with massive ongoing injuries up to 8 first team players and a 50% more crowded fixture list whilst keeping all the balls in the air - yet it was said on here that would have made no difference to his performance.

My advice to you face the facts and use the truth to make your case

Epic

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:58 - Jan 25 with 1911 viewsItchySphincter

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:52 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Dear God...

I'm finding it quite incredible that people seem to be just waking up to this. Incredible.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:00 - Jan 25 with 1904 viewsicecoldjack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:50 - Jan 25 by perchrockjack

Tremendous post.?well no, it's just one you agree with.

I thought the content was also 100 per cent..bollox.

Fact we are still discussing this Danish dead from the neck up drone is shameful.

In life, one looks forward...

you think its bollox i think its tremendous........bla bla blla.

That post was at least constructive, with respect, your posts rarely are.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:00 - Jan 25 with 1904 viewsDizzy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:58 - Jan 25 by ItchySphincter

I'm finding it quite incredible that people seem to be just waking up to this. Incredible.

Well I for one have known for a long time that Spratty was barking, but its good that its becoming the consensus.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:09 - Jan 25 with 1880 viewsperchrockjack

Rarely, ice but not never.

Difference is I know when I'm aggravating posters.

Opinions see.

That was my opinion.

Your hero ,now departed, gave no lucid arguments at all. None. Just a long litany of filth and invective at whomsoever he didn't like.
I m not keem on what Lohengrin posts but it's done in style..big difference.

Now then

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:13 - Jan 25 with 1877 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:40 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

Tremendous post.

I 100% agree with everything you say, i'm sure many others do too.

Some of the senior players have ego's that make them believe they are bigger than the club, being indulged by directors hasn't helped the bigger picture here.

Manager's being stabbed in the back by players is nothing new, monk will need to be careful the same thing doesn't happen to him.

Those that live by the sword..

The players don't seem to be playing for the manager like they were earlier in the season, that is clear to see from everyone including the directors of the club.

Well Monk did it to the last manager and got him sacked so he really shouldn't have a problem if a player does the same to him. If he does then he's a hypocrite.

Come on you Swans.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:19 - Jan 25 with 1863 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:37 - Jan 25 by AnotherJohn

For the record I thought our run during Laudrup's final season was bad enough to put him in the frame for the sack (though my own view is that we would have escaped relegation because of easier fixtures and players returning from injury). There are questions that I would love answered, however. One, mentioned in the thread, concerns that nature of the 'cliques' and whether the actions of a senior player clique may be just as damaging in the longer term as those of the Spanish boys. The other issue that interests me is transfer policy. On the one hand there are rumours of Tutumlu's self-interested transfer dealings, while on the other are stories of two opposed scouting camps, with the UK- based scouts looking to sign Championship players and Laudrup wanting to look to Europe. It is hard to say where the truth lies, but I suspected at the time that Tutumlu's attempted wheeling and dealing was more about power and ego than making money, and that this went down just as badly with Huw as financial wrongdoing would have done. I also suspect that Huw was much keener than Laudrup in finding bargains like Emnes and Ngog, and had grave doubts about big money signings like Bony that only happened because ML pushed so hard. It was my impression that Laudrup became disillusioned towards the end because we did not invest in the players he had identified, but that is understandable given our history of prudent financial management (and in fact you could say we ended up with two from ML's list). Although these events are over a year in the past, they are still relevant because they help explain how we got to where we are now. We mere fans don't have enough information to evaluate decisions taken at that time, but I hope that those who do are taking on board any lessons because I think we are entering a tricky period.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 12:40]

I have kept out of this as it is all water under the bridge so just the one post I think. I have been doing a Dailew on the arrows instead :-)
I think ML was sacked due to his management style not because of results.
Huw wanted someone at the club 24/7 whereas the manager was delegator. ML provided a list of players he wanted and left it to his employee (his agent) to arrange this whilst he went on a 2/3 month holiday. Personally I did not see a problem with this as there are many highly paid people within the club to assist the manager. With new twins arriving I could never see the need for Gary to have been at the club for the whole close season. This is what Huw wants and I think he was horrified at what was happening particularly as there was no touch feely approach to the players. ML treated them like adults and expected them to behave as such. Huw could not wait to get rid as a result.
I did not agree with his sacking of ML but having said that I also do not agree with sacking GM at this point. Nor do I agree with the hounding of players based purely on rumour and unsubstantiated press reports.
Back to the arrows on this one............ ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:24 - Jan 25 with 1849 viewsicecoldjack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:19 - Jan 25 by Private_Partz

I have kept out of this as it is all water under the bridge so just the one post I think. I have been doing a Dailew on the arrows instead :-)
I think ML was sacked due to his management style not because of results.
Huw wanted someone at the club 24/7 whereas the manager was delegator. ML provided a list of players he wanted and left it to his employee (his agent) to arrange this whilst he went on a 2/3 month holiday. Personally I did not see a problem with this as there are many highly paid people within the club to assist the manager. With new twins arriving I could never see the need for Gary to have been at the club for the whole close season. This is what Huw wants and I think he was horrified at what was happening particularly as there was no touch feely approach to the players. ML treated them like adults and expected them to behave as such. Huw could not wait to get rid as a result.
I did not agree with his sacking of ML but having said that I also do not agree with sacking GM at this point. Nor do I agree with the hounding of players based purely on rumour and unsubstantiated press reports.
Back to the arrows on this one............ ;-)

Have an arrow from me for a such a well balanced post .
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:25 - Jan 25 with 1847 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Ugh, don't get me started on N'Gog.

I seriously can't believe Jenkins forcibly signed him for us like that. What the hell was he thinking, and why would a chairman force a player on a manager like that? Laudrup made it clear he didn't want him but he signed that piece of crap for us anyways.

In Huw Jenkins' 13 years at the club, has he ever made a poorer decision than that N'Gog signing? I'd really like to know.

Come on you Swans.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:38 - Jan 25 with 1828 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:24 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

Have an arrow from me for a such a well balanced post .

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:40 - Jan 25 with 1819 viewsScoobyWho

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:54 - Jan 25 by MyFinalHeaven

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoni

Yes, its true. They had problems with his training methods and his supposed lack of discipline, among other things.

Pretty cowardly of them to go to Jenkins behind his back instead of talking to him directly about their issues. Shady, two faced stuff like that always causes more problems than it solves.

They were back biting the week Laudrup turned up, Fcking idiots.
Spoilt brats. Just goes to show what I have always said, out for themselves.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:42 - Jan 25 with 1815 viewsWarwickHunt

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:25 - Jan 25 by MyFinalHeaven

Ugh, don't get me started on N'Gog.

I seriously can't believe Jenkins forcibly signed him for us like that. What the hell was he thinking, and why would a chairman force a player on a manager like that? Laudrup made it clear he didn't want him but he signed that piece of crap for us anyways.

In Huw Jenkins' 13 years at the club, has he ever made a poorer decision than that N'Gog signing? I'd really like to know.

He was either signed to piss Laudrup off and get him to resign or because Jenkins rated him and wanted him at the club.

Not sure which is scarier.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:55 - Jan 25 with 1782 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:40 - Jan 25 by ScoobyWho

They were back biting the week Laudrup turned up, Fcking idiots.
Spoilt brats. Just goes to show what I have always said, out for themselves.

It must be hard to have one of the greatest turn up and assess you as not good enough straight away - also as far as "not training enough" is concerned, well I suppose that could be the case when you're not getting games in between...

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:23 - Jan 25 with 1733 viewsMyFinalHeaven

The other thing that irked the hell out of me about Jenkins is how he tried to sign Kenwyne Jones (yuck) after a season where he scored 1 goal in 21 apps and got angry when Laudrup didn't comply:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/swansea-unhappy-laudrup-wont-consider-sto

Along with the N'Gog signing, this was truly bizarre. I wonder if Jenkins was high on heroin during this period, as no sane or sober man would ever want to sign Kenwyne Jones or David N'Gog.

Come on you Swans.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:31 - Jan 25 with 1716 viewsScoobyWho

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 14:55 - Jan 25 by NeiltheTaylor

It must be hard to have one of the greatest turn up and assess you as not good enough straight away - also as far as "not training enough" is concerned, well I suppose that could be the case when you're not getting games in between...

I am harsh I know, but the players attitude, money, tv and the like really annoys me in modern football. If it wasn't for the fact I was a Swansea supporter, the club and its history etc. I would genuinely give up, and the reason would be these people who feed off the clubs success.

Maybe I will feel differently tomorrow ;-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:35 - Jan 25 with 1705 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:07 - Jan 25 by MyFinalHeaven

I agree that he should have been sacked. But I just think that if you have a problem with someone, then you should talk to him man to man about it instead of going behind his back and crying to his superior.

Is there anywhere that said they didn't?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:39 - Jan 25 with 1690 viewsNeiltheTaylor

ML: "Tatey, you're gash, f*ck off"
AT: "well I must say that training methods lately..."
ML: "...why are you still talking to me"

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:39 - Jan 25 with 1690 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:35 - Jan 25 by PatchesOHoulihan

Is there anywhere that said they didn't?

Is there anywhere that said they did? The only news I see and the reports I heard are the ones that said they went behind his back. I have yet to hear anything that suggests they ever spoke to him directly about their grievances.

Come on you Swans.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:39 - Jan 25 with 1688 viewswaynekerr55

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:53 - Jan 25 by MyFinalHeaven

Except Monk didn't have to deal with a whole host of injuries, the European distraction, and players meddling behind his back.

And yes, it is quite ironic that Monk criticized Sousa for switching off in the 2nd half when admittedly he's done far worse in 2nd halves and maintaining a lead than Sousa ever did.

The host of injuries were under his control. The volume of soft tissue injuries was ridiculous and on the whole preventable. Employing Oscar Garcia, the man who obviously did the same open university strength and conditioning course as David Moyes was the root of the injuries.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:40 - Jan 25 with 1685 viewsDr_Winston

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:23 - Jan 25 by MyFinalHeaven

The other thing that irked the hell out of me about Jenkins is how he tried to sign Kenwyne Jones (yuck) after a season where he scored 1 goal in 21 apps and got angry when Laudrup didn't comply:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/swansea-unhappy-laudrup-wont-consider-sto

Along with the N'Gog signing, this was truly bizarre. I wonder if Jenkins was high on heroin during this period, as no sane or sober man would ever want to sign Kenwyne Jones or David N'Gog.

Laudrup rated Aspas, Schechter and Vasquez.

We were f*cked every which way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:41 - Jan 25 with 1679 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:39 - Jan 25 by waynekerr55

The host of injuries were under his control. The volume of soft tissue injuries was ridiculous and on the whole preventable. Employing Oscar Garcia, the man who obviously did the same open university strength and conditioning course as David Moyes was the root of the injuries.

We should change the title of this to The Dog with a Bone Thread.

Poll: Tory leader

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:43 - Jan 25 with 1671 viewswaynekerr55

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:41 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

We should change the title of this to The Dog with a Bone Thread.

I'm sorry but it seems that people keep ignoring my 'ad hominem' posts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024