Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis and his "illness" 15:00 - Jan 25 with 12381 viewsJackfath

This must be a real worry in terms of his value and our ability to offload him. I'd wonder how he manged to end up here with a history like is.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gomis and his on 15:34 - Jan 26 with 1772 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his on 15:16 - Jan 26 by monmouth

I'm no philosopher either but if someone were to faint continually then they would surely never be conscious....and if they were never conscious, they could not faint...

So a continual faint is in fact a coma? Would explain Gomis performance on Saturday mind.

Yes I'm bored.

I've managed to avoid seeing his performance on Saturday as I was attending an all day work event so came in and deleted the recording before even taking off my coat. I also deleted MOTD. Life is genuinely too short to deliberately wind myself up by watching that garbage. Watching the very interesting programme about Vanuatu was a much better use of my time (as would have been watching the Jeremy Kyle show I imagine, which is my fall back position of the worst possible use of time I can imagine).
Gomis and his "illness" on 17:47 - Jan 26 with 1721 viewsStarsky

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:09 - Jan 26 by DafyddHuw

Couldn't be arsed to read a bullshit thread mate. Just read what the OP wrote and replied to it. Sorry to offend.

Cheer up mate. It was meant to be light hearted.
You sound like you've had a hard day..

It's just the internet, init.

Gomis and his on 18:15 - Jan 26 with 1700 viewsphact0rri

Gomis and his on 15:16 - Jan 26 by monmouth

I'm no philosopher either but if someone were to faint continually then they would surely never be conscious....and if they were never conscious, they could not faint...

So a continual faint is in fact a coma? Would explain Gomis performance on Saturday mind.

Yes I'm bored.

ha ha-- fair play. Though would this be fainting all that much if he was stuck in an unconscious state... as wouldn't one need to be concious inorder to faint? On the plus side if he managed to go comatose maybe he won't be awake to slag us off on interviews. :D
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 18:16]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:05 - Mar 4 with 1609 viewsJackfath

Thought some may like to read this again.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:28 - Mar 4 with 1539 viewsOldjack

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:05 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

He shouldn't be allowed to drive that's for sure

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:29 - Mar 4 with 1535 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:05 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

(a) you're still wrong because he still doesn't faint (corrected spelling) continually (it's still just once or twice a year)

and

(b) what a disgusting post - trying to point score by revelling in the collapse of one of our players on the pitch when he is in hospital just to try to prove yourself right on an not very important internet forum.

Absolutely pathetic.
Gomis and his "illness" on 21:33 - Mar 4 with 1521 viewsTheBiggaBaddaParlay

Id say Fath was spot on and well within his rights to raise the OP.

Lisa you dint do yourself any favours sometimes. You need to learn to take your medicine. It was the same with Fabiański thread. As soon as you are incorrect you automatically make a case why the other person is still wrong.

His value will certainly decrease after tonight and offloading him will be nigh on impossible.
Gomis and his "illness" on 21:33 - Mar 4 with 1524 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:29 - Mar 4 by londonlisa2001

(a) you're still wrong because he still doesn't faint (corrected spelling) continually (it's still just once or twice a year)

and

(b) what a disgusting post - trying to point score by revelling in the collapse of one of our players on the pitch when he is in hospital just to try to prove yourself right on an not very important internet forum.

Absolutely pathetic.

Who's revelling? Alan hadn't heard of the situation about Gomis. I thought I would bump this up so he (and others) could read it.

Not sure why you're so sensitive about it.

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:36 - Mar 4 with 1513 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:33 - Mar 4 by TheBiggaBaddaParlay

Id say Fath was spot on and well within his rights to raise the OP.

Lisa you dint do yourself any favours sometimes. You need to learn to take your medicine. It was the same with Fabiański thread. As soon as you are incorrect you automatically make a case why the other person is still wrong.

His value will certainly decrease after tonight and offloading him will be nigh on impossible.

I said he faints once or twice a year - there is nothing incorrect about that. Name the other matches this season where it has happened. It was well publicised when he joined. And once or twice is not 'continually' so hardly spot on.

I think that for a poster to try to point score from one of our players collapsing on the pitch is appalling.
Gomis and his "illness" on 21:38 - Mar 4 with 1506 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:36 - Mar 4 by londonlisa2001

I said he faints once or twice a year - there is nothing incorrect about that. Name the other matches this season where it has happened. It was well publicised when he joined. And once or twice is not 'continually' so hardly spot on.

I think that for a poster to try to point score from one of our players collapsing on the pitch is appalling.

I repeat Lisa. I wasn't point scoring. Alan hadn't heard of his fainting so I bumped this as we'd discussed it previously.

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:44 - Mar 4 with 1472 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:38 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

I repeat Lisa. I wasn't point scoring. Alan hadn't heard of his fainting so I bumped this as we'd discussed it previously.

Do you not think it's in bad taste when the guy is in hospital?

And you didn't bump it in response to Oldjack did you - you bumped it to try to make a point.

Well congrats - Parlay (or whatever he is calling himself for this ten minutes) agrees with you.

Oooh - how exciting for you.
Gomis and his "illness" on 21:48 - Mar 4 with 1447 viewsexiledclaseboy

He ain't getting a driving licence any time soon.

Poll: Tory leader

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:48 - Mar 4 with 1445 viewsParlayTheGreat

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:36 - Mar 4 by londonlisa2001

I doubt he meant he was continually fainting, that would be borderline life long comatose wouldn't it?

Im sure most read it as "repeated fainting" rather than "continuous fainting".

Come on now.
Gomis and his "illness" on 21:49 - Mar 4 with 1439 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:44 - Mar 4 by londonlisa2001

Do you not think it's in bad taste when the guy is in hospital?

And you didn't bump it in response to Oldjack did you - you bumped it to try to make a point.

Well congrats - Parlay (or whatever he is calling himself for this ten minutes) agrees with you.

Oooh - how exciting for you.

"He is fine"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31740285

Third time I bumped it up so Alan could read up. There are others who also were unaware of his condition. Still not sure why you're so defensive over this. It's really nothing to get so het up about.

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:53 - Mar 4 with 1419 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:48 - Mar 4 by ParlayTheGreat

I doubt he meant he was continually fainting, that would be borderline life long comatose wouldn't it?

Im sure most read it as "repeated fainting" rather than "continuous fainting".

Come on now.

well after discussion he could have clarified couldn't he.

You're a complete hypocrite - if anyone other than me (or possibly a couple of others) had called him out on that disgusting post you would have agreed.

For him to attempt to point score when a player of ours has collapsed on the pitch is utterly disgusting.
Gomis and his "illness" on 21:54 - Mar 4 with 1412 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:53 - Mar 4 by londonlisa2001

well after discussion he could have clarified couldn't he.

You're a complete hypocrite - if anyone other than me (or possibly a couple of others) had called him out on that disgusting post you would have agreed.

For him to attempt to point score when a player of ours has collapsed on the pitch is utterly disgusting.

Yes, you've said. I am not point scoring I am bumping it for Alan. Fourth time I've mentioned that now.

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:56 - Mar 4 with 1408 viewsSwansNZ

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:48 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

He ain't getting a driving licence any time soon.

As long as his agent can drive, we'll be ok

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:59 - Mar 4 with 1384 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:49 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

"He is fine"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31740285

Third time I bumped it up so Alan could read up. There are others who also were unaware of his condition. Still not sure why you're so defensive over this. It's really nothing to get so het up about.

I am not being defensive over it.

I am simply pointing out the utter over exaggeration that you made in the first instance and have tried to capitalise on this evening.

The guy has a long (very long) history of passing out once or twice a year. It will have been assessed as nothing that prevents him from playing - otherwise he wouldn't get insurance.

You are trying to (and have previously tried to) portray it in some sort of 'Daily Mail' type overly sensationalist rubbish fashion. For you to do so this evening is shockingly bad judgement in my opinion.

Anyway - you do what you think appropriate.
Gomis and his "illness" on 22:02 - Mar 4 with 1366 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:59 - Mar 4 by londonlisa2001

I am simply pointing out the utter over exaggeration that you made in the first instance and have tried to capitalise on this evening.

The guy has a long (very long) history of passing out once or twice a year. It will have been assessed as nothing that prevents him from playing - otherwise he wouldn't get insurance.

You are trying to (and have previously tried to) portray it in some sort of 'Daily Mail' type overly sensationalist rubbish fashion. For you to do so this evening is shockingly bad judgement in my opinion.

We'll have to agree to disagree Lisa.

My intentions were to show Alan (and others) the plethora of information which was gathered in this thread about his problems, rather than to have more threads about the issue.

Gomis and his "illness" on 22:06 - Mar 4 with 1347 viewsicecoldjack

Will all those who were digging out Jackfath in January now apologise to him i wonder ??

How the fook did we sign a player that keels over unexpectedly on a regular basis 70k a week for 4 yrs ??

I think the board looked at the "he is on a free" and got blinded by that perhaps.

I wish Gomis well on his recovery, but as it happens quite a bit im guessing he will be up and around in no time.

A weird signing by us, we are normally so cautious when it comes to spending big .
Gomis and his "illness" on 22:06 - Mar 4 with 1343 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 22:02 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

We'll have to agree to disagree Lisa.

My intentions were to show Alan (and others) the plethora of information which was gathered in this thread about his problems, rather than to have more threads about the issue.

that'll be why instead of saying ' here is a possible explanation of why this has happened' you started off by saying 'thought some might like to read this again' then?

Up to you if you think it's appropriate.

As you say - we'll agree to disagree.
Gomis and his "illness" on 22:07 - Mar 4 with 1336 viewsAquinas

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:59 - Mar 4 by londonlisa2001

How do you know its once or twice a year?

I think it maybe once or twice a year on a football pitch. It may happen dozens of times over a calendar year. Who knows, maybe it happens frequently at night, hence why he collapsed during a night fixture?

You try to point out exaggeration yet you try and focus on the other extreme and completely play down the condition.

As a football club, one of our assets devalued greatly tonight. As a player I imagine he is slightly annoyed and embarrassed but definitely not surprised. He shouldn't be playing football.
Gomis and his "illness" on 22:12 - Mar 4 with 1296 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis and his "illness" on 21:54 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

Yes, you've said. I am not point scoring I am bumping it for Alan. Fourth time I've mentioned that now.

Well, I am grateful to you, I didn't know. However, doesn't take away from the fact he has behaved extremely poorly since Bony left and his form is appalling.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis and his "illness" on 22:13 - Mar 4 with 1288 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Gomis and his "illness" on 22:07 - Mar 4 by Aquinas

I think it maybe once or twice a year on a football pitch. It may happen dozens of times over a calendar year. Who knows, maybe it happens frequently at night, hence why he collapsed during a night fixture?

You try to point out exaggeration yet you try and focus on the other extreme and completely play down the condition.

As a football club, one of our assets devalued greatly tonight. As a player I imagine he is slightly annoyed and embarrassed but definitely not surprised. He shouldn't be playing football.

If he shouldn't be playing football, bearing in mind that we knew about his condition before we signed him and looked into it, why did we decide to pay him all that money?

I'm sure the best medical advice we can buy has told us that he is fine to play football. Monk has just said "We understand his history. He has had all the tests but it's just part of life for him."

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gomis and his "illness" on 22:14 - Mar 4 with 1283 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 22:07 - Mar 4 by Aquinas

because the whole thing was very very well publicised and discussed when we signed him.

If it has happened over the course of his career (which is what the reports all said) then the fact that it has happened once this season (it may happen again) presumably fits in to the previous knowledge.

Why shouldn't he play if it doesn't affect him more than once or twice a year?

Plenty of players have had medical conditions over the years that have had to be managed. Given we played Spurs tonight then Steve Perryman springs to mind of course.

If this had happened for the first time tonight then I imagine the club would be worried. If they have had advice that it was likely to happen once or twice a year and that is what happens, I can't see how it affects anything very much. If it starts to happen more frequently then it would obviously be a concern.

The guy hasn't been very good for us, but for God's sake - give him a break.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024