Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans fresh evidence 17:10 - Jan 28 with 23778 viewsDarran

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/28/ched-evans-submits-fresh-evidenc

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 20:03 - Oct 13 with 1221 viewsLeonisGod

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 11:46 - Oct 13 by sherpajacob

The question of consent is Evans word against hers., who do you believe? Which is why both legal teams have tried to paint the other side as unreliable with the truth.

It's a reason why most rape cases are acquitted, one person's word against another is difficult to convinct beyond reasonable doubt, in the absence of any witnesses.

The remarkable thing about this case is that there is a witness, McDonald, not necessarily independent, but a witness nonetheless. Yet as far as I'm aware he hasn't been called to.give evidence by either side.

Make of that what you will.

^^ this. Some clarity amongst the entrenched views. Nobody on here can say for certain what happened. Only those in the room who may or may not remember what happened.
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 20:13 - Oct 13 with 1207 viewspikeypaul

When Evans was asked why he booked the room in a single name he said it was to save money,however the hotel receptionist confirmed the room was the last one available.
Anyone that has stayed in a Premier inn would know you pay for the room regardless of how
many stay in it up to its capacity.So Evans was telling porkies again,I do not know why the prosecution did not throw that back at him and show him to be a bullshtter.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 20:22 - Oct 13 with 1191 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 19:01 - Oct 13 by londonlisa2001

Given that the condition for the money being paid out is that Evans is found not guilty, the witnesses would not have received any money as yet.

The agreement will be that they receive it once the verdict is in, if it goes Evans' way.

And the bloke that bragged he was earning loads anyway so it's irrelevant to him - pull the other one. If he's on £50k a year, he's taking home a bit over £3k per month. And he reckons £50k cash is irrelevant to him? Maybe a valid argument if he was on £500k a year.

At what point is he bragging about how much he earns Lisa? He merely points out that he would stand to lose his job he intends on keeping for 20 years if he took money, and seens as he can earn that much in a year he'd be foolish to do that. You put whatever negative swing on it you choose tho.
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 20:27 - Oct 13 with 1179 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 20:22 - Oct 13 by Jango

At what point is he bragging about how much he earns Lisa? He merely points out that he would stand to lose his job he intends on keeping for 20 years if he took money, and seens as he can earn that much in a year he'd be foolish to do that. You put whatever negative swing on it you choose tho.

Jango, his exact comment was :-

"I can earn more than that in a year".

That's not a bragging comment?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 21:43 - Oct 13 with 1117 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 20:27 - Oct 13 by blueytheblue

Jango, his exact comment was :-

"I can earn more than that in a year".

That's not a bragging comment?

These are his exact words.

The witness said he found out two days ago about the £50,000 reward on offer for information that could lead to Evans’ acquittal,

He said: “If that was my motive, to take a reward, I’ve got a lot more to lose than to gain.

“I do a well-paid job. I could earn that money in less than 12 months and I hope to be in that job for the next 20 years.”

Now how is that bragging? That's just him telling it how it is after he's being accused of lying and being there for the money.
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 21:53 - Oct 13 with 1099 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 21:43 - Oct 13 by Jango

These are his exact words.

The witness said he found out two days ago about the £50,000 reward on offer for information that could lead to Evans’ acquittal,

He said: “If that was my motive, to take a reward, I’ve got a lot more to lose than to gain.

“I do a well-paid job. I could earn that money in less than 12 months and I hope to be in that job for the next 20 years.”

Now how is that bragging? That's just him telling it how it is after he's being accused of lying and being there for the money.

Yeah, he was bragging. There's no evidence there he earns that much after all.

And of course, there's the old issue of "well, he would say that wouldn't he?". Not going to admit he was doing it for the money, is he?

There's also this slightly inconvenient issue.

P: Why did you allow your number to be given to solicitor for Ched Evans, given that you weren’t anything to do with the night in question?
Witness: I was called. I just answered questions. (Referring to statement witness gave to Ched Evans' solicitor over phone)

So...

1) Witness indicates HE was called by the solicitor, not that HE came forward. So how did the solicitor get his number?
2) Given the alleged victim's anonymity is guaranteed by the court process, how did he know the woman he allegedly slept with is the same as in the Ched Evans case?

That's why anything he claims is highly fishy.

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:14 - Oct 13 with 1069 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 21:53 - Oct 13 by blueytheblue

Yeah, he was bragging. There's no evidence there he earns that much after all.

And of course, there's the old issue of "well, he would say that wouldn't he?". Not going to admit he was doing it for the money, is he?

There's also this slightly inconvenient issue.

P: Why did you allow your number to be given to solicitor for Ched Evans, given that you weren’t anything to do with the night in question?
Witness: I was called. I just answered questions. (Referring to statement witness gave to Ched Evans' solicitor over phone)

So...

1) Witness indicates HE was called by the solicitor, not that HE came forward. So how did the solicitor get his number?
2) Given the alleged victim's anonymity is guaranteed by the court process, how did he know the woman he allegedly slept with is the same as in the Ched Evans case?

That's why anything he claims is highly fishy.

i get the feeling that even if there was a video recording of events that night confirming Evans story you'd claim that the footage had been edited.

Everything you say is just assumption that everyone from the defence side is lying.

I find it hard to believe that they've managed to convince the exact 2 men she slept with either side of the alleged rape to lie under oath for money.

And do you honestly believe that she would have stayed anonymous throughout the whole trial being from such a small community? Not a chance.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 22:17]
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:22 - Oct 13 with 1056 viewspikeypaul

In that case why did they not come forward for the 1st trial and only raised their heads when the £50000 was brought up.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 22:24]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:26 - Oct 13 with 1046 viewsmonmouth

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:22 - Oct 13 by pikeypaul

In that case why did they not come forward for the 1st trial and only raised their heads when the £50000 was brought up.

Don't ask inconvenient questions mun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:28 - Oct 13 with 1044 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:14 - Oct 13 by Jango

i get the feeling that even if there was a video recording of events that night confirming Evans story you'd claim that the footage had been edited.

Everything you say is just assumption that everyone from the defence side is lying.

I find it hard to believe that they've managed to convince the exact 2 men she slept with either side of the alleged rape to lie under oath for money.

And do you honestly believe that she would have stayed anonymous throughout the whole trial being from such a small community? Not a chance.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 22:17]

The defence narrative is full of holes. Pointing those holes out isn't an assumption they are lying, it's pointing out the bleeding obvious.

If there was a video recording, guess what, that would be proof. There would be no trial.

Both new witnesses came forward ( in one case, someone claiming the solicitor approached him rather than the other way round ) after a monetary reward was offered.
Neither had any real relevance to the night in question.

Now again, do you have any evidence the alleged victim slept with either of those two? Can you account for the defence not calling the only other person present in the room?

The victim in reality wasn't anonymous because her name was cynically leaked. Not difficult to guess which side did that.

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:54 - Oct 13 with 1012 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:22 - Oct 13 by pikeypaul

So is it inconceivable that the 2 men in question have seen the outcome of the first case, read up on the evidence and thought 'hang on, this sounds awfully familiar to me' and felt they needed to come forward to clear someone who they believed to be innocent's name.
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:59 - Oct 13 with 1005 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:54 - Oct 13 by Jango

So is it inconceivable that the 2 men in question have seen the outcome of the first case, read up on the evidence and thought 'hang on, this sounds awfully familiar to me' and felt they needed to come forward to clear someone who they believed to be innocent's name.

Again, how did the solicitor get one of the new witnesses phone number and know to contact him about what he knew? Does. Not. Compute.

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:59 - Oct 13 with 1005 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:28 - Oct 13 by blueytheblue

The defence narrative is full of holes. Pointing those holes out isn't an assumption they are lying, it's pointing out the bleeding obvious.

If there was a video recording, guess what, that would be proof. There would be no trial.

Both new witnesses came forward ( in one case, someone claiming the solicitor approached him rather than the other way round ) after a monetary reward was offered.
Neither had any real relevance to the night in question.

Now again, do you have any evidence the alleged victim slept with either of those two? Can you account for the defence not calling the only other person present in the room?

The victim in reality wasn't anonymous because her name was cynically leaked. Not difficult to guess which side did that.

well she's slept with one of them 5 times and she didn't deny sleeping with the other one so I think it's safe to say that's true.

She lives in a small area so it would have got out locally without being cynically leaked and that's the reality of that situation so no need to point fingers there.
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:04 - Oct 13 with 1001 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:59 - Oct 13 by blueytheblue

Again, how did the solicitor get one of the new witnesses phone number and know to contact him about what he knew? Does. Not. Compute.

Does it really matter? If his evidence is relevant to the case and the guy thought he could help then it's really not that important how he got the number.
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:06 - Oct 13 with 1000 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:04 - Oct 13 by Jango

Does it really matter? If his evidence is relevant to the case and the guy thought he could help then it's really not that important how he got the number.

Errm, yes it is.

It means the witness was sought rather than coming forward.

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:07 - Oct 13 with 995 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 22:59 - Oct 13 by Jango

well she's slept with one of them 5 times and she didn't deny sleeping with the other one so I think it's safe to say that's true.

She lives in a small area so it would have got out locally without being cynically leaked and that's the reality of that situation so no need to point fingers there.

She wasn't asked about either so that's moot.

Her name was cynically leaked by Evans camp. You're aware 9 people were done for doing so on social media, right?

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:21 - Oct 13 with 980 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:06 - Oct 13 by blueytheblue

Errm, yes it is.

It means the witness was sought rather than coming forward.

So what? Aren't witnessing sought on nearly every big case?
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:23 - Oct 13 with 979 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:07 - Oct 13 by blueytheblue

She wasn't asked about either so that's moot.

Her name was cynically leaked by Evans camp. You're aware 9 people were done for doing so on social media, right?

Yes I'm aware of that. The locals would have found out regardless of that and probably long before. It would be impossible to keep it under wraps in a small community like that.

And she was asked about saying F*ck me harder during sex with one of them, which she denied she would say.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 23:25]
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:27 - Oct 13 with 969 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:21 - Oct 13 by Jango

So what? Aren't witnessing sought on nearly every big case?

Of course witnesses are sought.

Tell me this, Jango.

How did the solicitor know that this witness had allegedly slept with the woman? How did the solicitor have contact details for the witness?

Why did the defence feel their best strategy was to assassinate the woman's character rather than focus on events of the night?

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:29 - Oct 13 with 967 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:23 - Oct 13 by Jango

Yes I'm aware of that. The locals would have found out regardless of that and probably long before. It would be impossible to keep it under wraps in a small community like that.

And she was asked about saying F*ck me harder during sex with one of them, which she denied she would say.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 23:25]

You claim it's impossible.

It was certainly impossible after the Evans camp leaked it.

You seem highly gullible to be fair. The witnesses of course could not possibly be coached into saying the same things Evans says. Not at all.

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:42 - Oct 13 with 953 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:29 - Oct 13 by blueytheblue

You claim it's impossible.

It was certainly impossible after the Evans camp leaked it.

You seem highly gullible to be fair. The witnesses of course could not possibly be coached into saying the same things Evans says. Not at all.

I'd say it's more a case of you being blinded by bitterness towards the defence rather than me being gullible. I'll gladly accept the jury's verdict if they feel these guys are bending the truth and that ched is guilty, they've heard and seen all the evidence unlike us. You however will never accept a not guilty verdict regardless, i think that's quite clear to all and was clear before any new evidence was heard
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:50 - Oct 13 with 944 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:42 - Oct 13 by Jango

I'd say it's more a case of you being blinded by bitterness towards the defence rather than me being gullible. I'll gladly accept the jury's verdict if they feel these guys are bending the truth and that ched is guilty, they've heard and seen all the evidence unlike us. You however will never accept a not guilty verdict regardless, i think that's quite clear to all and was clear before any new evidence was heard

I'll give you a clue.

Evans defence doesn't hold up. So many lies, inconsistencies.

You still can't answer why McDonald was not called by the defence.

In case you'd forgotten...

Ched testified under oath McDonald asked for permission for Ched to join in.
Ched testified he didn't speak to the woman ( "It wasn't the time for a conversation" )

So the only way, based upon Ched's testimony, Ched could have got consent would be if the woman replied to McDonald that it was ok.

Why then did the defence NOT call McDonald? Testifies Ched's version was the one that happened, there's no case. He'd be the first person you'd want testifying on your behalf as a result.

You don't think that omission is somewhat telling, not calling the only other person in the room?

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 08:54 - Oct 14 with 887 viewsmonmouth

When's the verdict so all this revolting shite can go away one way or another?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 08:55 - Oct 14 with 885 viewsJango

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 23:50 - Oct 13 by blueytheblue

I'll give you a clue.

Evans defence doesn't hold up. So many lies, inconsistencies.

You still can't answer why McDonald was not called by the defence.

In case you'd forgotten...

Ched testified under oath McDonald asked for permission for Ched to join in.
Ched testified he didn't speak to the woman ( "It wasn't the time for a conversation" )

So the only way, based upon Ched's testimony, Ched could have got consent would be if the woman replied to McDonald that it was ok.

Why then did the defence NOT call McDonald? Testifies Ched's version was the one that happened, there's no case. He'd be the first person you'd want testifying on your behalf as a result.

You don't think that omission is somewhat telling, not calling the only other person in the room?

I totally agree that he's come across as a lying scumbcag. He's not on trial for being a liar tho. The whole case comes down to whether the girl consented or not. Let's not forget she hasn't come out of all this looking rosey. She claimed to have been spiked yet the only drugs in her system were cocaine and cannabis which she admits to have taken (nice girl). She ordered a taxi, a pizza and then sent a correctly spelt txt to her friend just before the ordeal, but then couldn't remember having sex with 2 men? And you think that holds up? And now there's 2 men who say she's done this sort of thing a number of times before and they are automatic liars and gold diggers.

You accuse these 2 of only coming forward for the money yet totally rule out the fact that just maybe this girl has done this many times before and the time she gets a couple of footballers in the bedroom it's a rape case. I'm not saying that's what's happened but it's a possibility.

You keep going on about McDonald being a major part of this case but the prosecution haven't felt the need to bring it the jury's attention?

we'll know soon enough I guess and if he's guilty then hopefully he gets what he deserves. If he's not then he'll never have much respect anyway.
Ched Evans fresh evidence on 09:04 - Oct 14 with 876 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans fresh evidence on 08:55 - Oct 14 by Jango

I totally agree that he's come across as a lying scumbcag. He's not on trial for being a liar tho. The whole case comes down to whether the girl consented or not. Let's not forget she hasn't come out of all this looking rosey. She claimed to have been spiked yet the only drugs in her system were cocaine and cannabis which she admits to have taken (nice girl). She ordered a taxi, a pizza and then sent a correctly spelt txt to her friend just before the ordeal, but then couldn't remember having sex with 2 men? And you think that holds up? And now there's 2 men who say she's done this sort of thing a number of times before and they are automatic liars and gold diggers.

You accuse these 2 of only coming forward for the money yet totally rule out the fact that just maybe this girl has done this many times before and the time she gets a couple of footballers in the bedroom it's a rape case. I'm not saying that's what's happened but it's a possibility.

You keep going on about McDonald being a major part of this case but the prosecution haven't felt the need to bring it the jury's attention?

we'll know soon enough I guess and if he's guilty then hopefully he gets what he deserves. If he's not then he'll never have much respect anyway.

The woman didn't claim her drink had been spiked. She wondered if it had. Bit of a difference.

Ordering a taxi isn't difficult, case of lifting arm in most cases. Pizza, again, people can order food. You're thus discounting the CCTV footage of her inside the kebab shop?

Correctly spelt txt - gasp, you mean some people use auto-correct. Hold the phone, batman!

You're claiming the girl has done this "many times". Please point out the number of instances where she's gone back with a bloke, had blokes mates outside looking in trying to film, then one of them decides he wants a piece of the action, lies to get into the room and doesn't speak to the woman as "It wasn't the time for conversation". Every day occurance, I guess.

The woman didn't claim rape. She had no knowledge of that happened that night.

Prosecution haven't needed to call McDonald. They wouldn't if they felt it was prejudicial to their case. The point you're evading is that IF it happened as Evans testified, then McDonald directly asked the woman for consent for Ched to get involved. That would close the case entirely if true - so if that happened as Ched stated, it makes zero sense they would not call him to clear Ched's name completely.

The direct inference you can draw is that McDonald's potential testimony wouldn't help Ched - or would catch Ched in another lie.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024