Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dog vomiting blood 17:49 - Feb 22 with 4459 viewsswanskid95

My dog has started to vomit blood quite a lot in the last hour, unfortunately where I live there is no vets open and can't afford the call out.

Does anybody have any advice at all on what I can do/ what's causing this?

He hasn't ate anything he normally doesn't eat, so I don't think its that, on really worries, he can't move at all, just played on the floor, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dog vomiting blood on 17:56 - Feb 22 with 2879 viewsNeath_Jack

You have to phone the emergency vet and get advice. And you should do it straight away.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Dog vomiting blood on 17:57 - Feb 22 with 2872 viewsJimmyGilligan

Vets Now Swansea

Vets Now Emergency Ltd,
20 Viking Way,
Winch Wen Industrial Estate,
Swansea,
SA1 7DA

Tel: 01792 775 572
Dog vomiting blood on 18:00 - Feb 22 with 2859 viewsJimmyGilligan

And get pet insurance for this exact eventuality
Dog vomiting blood on 18:09 - Feb 22 with 2829 viewsswanskid95

End up contacting a vet out of hours, £180 before treatment.
Dog vomiting blood on 18:10 - Feb 22 with 2827 viewsswanskid95

Dog vomiting blood on 17:57 - Feb 22 by JimmyGilligan

Vets Now Swansea

Vets Now Emergency Ltd,
20 Viking Way,
Winch Wen Industrial Estate,
Swansea,
SA1 7DA

Tel: 01792 775 572

Thanks but I live in Lincolnshire
Dog vomiting blood on 18:11 - Feb 22 with 2820 viewsJimmyGilligan

Well do a google search then for a local emergency vet, jeez.
Dog vomiting blood on 18:12 - Feb 22 with 2815 viewsswanskid95

Dog vomiting blood on 18:11 - Feb 22 by JimmyGilligan

Well do a google search then for a local emergency vet, jeez.

That's what I did
Dog vomiting blood on 18:16 - Feb 22 with 2808 viewsJimmyGilligan

Did he give you any advice?

If your pet suddenly becomes very sick or gets seriously injured and you simply do not have the money to pay for veterinary treatment on the spot, you must take your animal to the vets anyway. Veterinary surgeons are obliged, as part of their RCVS registration and the pledges that they made upon training and qualifying to become a vet, to provide emergency treatment to a minimum level that will ease pain and suffering. This may mean administering treatment to a very basic level for a short period until an alternative can be decided upon, or by euthanizing a seriously injured animal that is suffering without respite.

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/getting-help-with-veterinary-treatment-wh
Login to get fewer ads

Dog vomiting blood on 18:23 - Feb 22 with 2777 viewsswanskid95

Dog vomiting blood on 18:16 - Feb 22 by JimmyGilligan

Did he give you any advice?

If your pet suddenly becomes very sick or gets seriously injured and you simply do not have the money to pay for veterinary treatment on the spot, you must take your animal to the vets anyway. Veterinary surgeons are obliged, as part of their RCVS registration and the pledges that they made upon training and qualifying to become a vet, to provide emergency treatment to a minimum level that will ease pain and suffering. This may mean administering treatment to a very basic level for a short period until an alternative can be decided upon, or by euthanizing a seriously injured animal that is suffering without respite.

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/getting-help-with-veterinary-treatment-wh

None at all, he said he can't so anything about that, the nearest emergency vet open is over an hours drive, plus I don't drive, have no money for taxt ect act,
Dog vomiting blood on 18:55 - Feb 22 with 2724 viewsJimmyGilligan

So your dog has been laying on the floor vomiting blood for 2 hours now? What's the plan then, genius? Phone every local vet you can find the number of and ask them what they expect you to do.
Dog vomiting blood on 19:00 - Feb 22 with 2706 viewsskippyjack

What type of blood? Clotted or flowing..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Dog vomiting blood on 19:03 - Feb 22 with 2701 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

Where exactly do you live? Do you qualify for PDSA treatment?

Use this website to find all vets local to you: http://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/find-a-vet/
This is the PDSA website: www.pdsa.org.uk/

On this website you can find information for if you are eligible for PDSA treatment, and where local PDSA practices are. It does sound like your dog needs a vet.

EDIT: Also from your description it could be any number of things at any level of seriousness - but it does sound vet worthy.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 19:05]
Dog vomiting blood on 19:22 - Feb 22 with 2663 viewsjackportis

Dog vomiting blood on 19:03 - Feb 22 by Tycoch_Tyrant

Where exactly do you live? Do you qualify for PDSA treatment?

Use this website to find all vets local to you: http://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/find-a-vet/
This is the PDSA website: www.pdsa.org.uk/

On this website you can find information for if you are eligible for PDSA treatment, and where local PDSA practices are. It does sound like your dog needs a vet.

EDIT: Also from your description it could be any number of things at any level of seriousness - but it does sound vet worthy.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 19:05]

My dog had this he died not long after.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Dog vomiting blood on 20:05 - Feb 22 with 2593 viewsswanskid95

Sorry, I was in a panic and didn't explain things correctly, he was fine all day and he threw up the tiniest amount this morning, no blood or anything, he was fine after that, I came home seeing he had threw up blood a little, I phoned the vets immediately but they said they couldn't do anything without a charge of £150 I said I didn't have the money, they said sorry, they couldn't do anuyking about that, that's when I posted the question onto here, the nearest vet from where I live was over an hour drive, and I do not have a car or a licence, in the end I borrowed money of a family and got there via taxi what my sister paid for. Unfortunately it turns put my dog in fact has a tumor, and the best thing to do was to put him to sleep, sorry again for the panic, His name was actually Chico, I will miss him :(
Dog vomiting blood on 20:09 - Feb 22 with 2578 viewsBanosswan

Dog vomiting blood on 20:05 - Feb 22 by swanskid95

Sorry, I was in a panic and didn't explain things correctly, he was fine all day and he threw up the tiniest amount this morning, no blood or anything, he was fine after that, I came home seeing he had threw up blood a little, I phoned the vets immediately but they said they couldn't do anything without a charge of £150 I said I didn't have the money, they said sorry, they couldn't do anuyking about that, that's when I posted the question onto here, the nearest vet from where I live was over an hour drive, and I do not have a car or a licence, in the end I borrowed money of a family and got there via taxi what my sister paid for. Unfortunately it turns put my dog in fact has a tumor, and the best thing to do was to put him to sleep, sorry again for the panic, His name was actually Chico, I will miss him :(

Sorry to hear that mate.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Dog vomiting blood on 20:11 - Feb 22 with 2573 viewstwotimejack

So in little over 2 hours.
You have written your OP
Waited for replies
Gotten a lift to the vets which is an hour away
Your dog has been examined
Your dog has been put asleep
You have gotten a taxi home?
Written the outcome of the situation.
Jesus Christ you should have gone on crypt on factor in the day.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Dog vomiting blood on 20:12 - Feb 22 with 2569 viewsJack_Meoff

Best wishes to you mate :(

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Dog vomiting blood on 20:32 - Feb 22 with 2523 viewsskippyjack

Sorry to hear that.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 20:56]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Dog vomiting blood on 20:47 - Feb 22 with 2493 viewsJackfath

Dog vomiting blood on 20:11 - Feb 22 by twotimejack

So in little over 2 hours.
You have written your OP
Waited for replies
Gotten a lift to the vets which is an hour away
Your dog has been examined
Your dog has been put asleep
You have gotten a taxi home?
Written the outcome of the situation.
Jesus Christ you should have gone on crypt on factor in the day.

Have some respect ffs.

RIP Chico.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Dog vomiting blood on 20:52 - Feb 22 with 2475 viewsSwansNZ

was he named after Chico Flores?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Dog vomiting blood on 21:14 - Feb 22 with 2428 viewsJimmyGilligan

Dog vomiting blood on 21:33 - Feb 22 with 2390 viewsskippyjack

Dog vomiting blood on 21:14 - Feb 22 by JimmyGilligan

Go and fluck off to Cardiff.. his dog has died..

Dog vomiting blood on 21:36 - Feb 22 with 2374 viewsSwanjaxs

Sorry to hear this swanskid95

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Dog vomiting blood on 21:39 - Feb 22 with 2363 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Sorry Chico died. You did the right thing by him in the end though, so take heart from that.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Dog vomiting blood on 22:24 - Feb 22 with 2287 viewsswanskid95

Dog vomiting blood on 20:52 - Feb 22 by SwansNZ

was he named after Chico Flores?

No, Chico was 5, we named him after the dog in the Friday films.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024