Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night 09:42 - Mar 18 with 13215 viewsjohnlangy

Excellent.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 23:12 - Mar 18 with 1191 viewsUxbridge

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 23:05 - Mar 18 by londonlisa2001

I am less sceptical after today as they generally avoid these big 'flagship' type announcements unless they are pretty certain of their support in principle.

I agree though - even now, the number of articles all over the internet about Swansea Bay and the history of industry in Swansea is great.

I'm just being cynical

It'd be fab news for Swansea if it happens though. Absolutely fab. Oh and totally agree with your Welsh education comments ... my old friend should really read the research in this area. I did before sending the offspring there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 23:38 - Mar 18 with 1182 viewsKilkennyjack

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 23:02 - Mar 18 by londonlisa2001

I disagree with you on the language point (and the fact that the rise in Nationalism is a side issue, particularly in Scotland).

I am a big supporter of the Welsh language - I believe that it a huge benefit for children to grow up bilingual (it has been proven to significantly help with language and communication skills across the board, whichever 'other' language it is as it gets kids used to the discipline of thinking in more than one language). All the research shows that it also massively helps in learning a third / fourth language.

I also believe there to be a significant inherent merit in keeping alive a language that is one of the oldest living languages in the world. The fact that most of the world speaks English shouldn't mean that no other languages are used / taught - it just means that all kids here should speak English as well (which they do).

I was taught Welsh pretty badly for only a few years in school, but I wish that I could speak it properly. My cousins (both teachers) have learnt as adults, as did my Mum. If I ever find the time (when retired perhaps), I will try to learn how to speak it as fluently as possible (even though I live in England). I would hate to see it die out - I don't have to go back too many generations in my family before you start finding people that couldn't speak any English, only Welsh!

Da iawn Lisa - i feel exactly the same about our treasure of a language. All efforts should be welcomed. Having a Welsh Government should add some muscle to the well intentioned actions of so many ordinary people - and against overwhelming odds. Its as well as English not instead of English.

Beware of the Risen People

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 08:40 - Mar 19 with 1137 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 20:11 - Mar 18 by londonlisa2001

and the SNP think the Barnett formula should be tweaked to give more to Scotland at the expense of Wales and England. Friends eh???

Tweaked or ripped up ?, ive only seen it said that its outdated and it it could do with ripping up and that the Scots want more power not more money.

The Welsh want more money and the Welsh should have more money and London should have less money.

The UK is one sovereign state, different regions within the state get different amounts per head, note regions as opposed to the different countries, the last time i saw any figures London England was getting far more money per head than Scotland and Northern Ireland and a lot lot more than Wales, London in England maybe a City and Scotland a country but London has a far greater population so considering people work out how much per head a region gets per person the money going to the London region is huge compared to what go's to Scotland and astronomical compared to what go's to Wales.

Im not revisiting old video's but remember when the Plaid economic adviser ripped Paxman a new one, I think that was over the same thing, what London got (maybe other English regions as well) compared to what Wales got, do your homework Paxton.

All the investment London has and has had over the years compared to Wales and they have still been getting more money in recent times compared to Wales and that is not fair and not right, yet you seem to be advocating that that is ok ?, oh dont tell me you live in London -England ?

Some people have a sense of justice and fairness and quite a high percentage of them are in Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 09:15 - Mar 19 with 1130 viewsperchrockjack

LISA.

You make a very good case but its not one I share.

Language ,compared with ensuring a vibrant economy and future is better.

In fact, fook the past, lest go for the future as looking back and wishing we spoke Welsh or any other language wont get kids jobs, unless its for the Welsh speaking mafia in Cardiff.

You also do not need to speak native tongue to be proud of your country. Ask any Scot.

Better to learn Mandarin with the way the world economy is changing..

Still, to put forward an argument free of abuse is something all of us should do on here so well done, ma am

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 10:35 - Mar 19 with 1118 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:25 - Mar 18 by londonlisa2001

what did Plaid do for Swansea when in coalition government in Wales then? I can't say I noticed some great swathe of improvements that suddenly stopped a few years ago.

And, I'm sorry, but do you realise how silly it sounds when you say things like 'Swansea council are Cardiff fans"?

What are your thoughts on the £1bn investment in Swansea Bay announced by the Tories today?

Headed up by that well known Swanseonian Terry Matthews
When did he become chairman of "Swansea Bay Barrage inc" or whatever it's called?
Shows there's a lot of private profit to be made, no real drop in the price of energy to benefit the populace and none of this lovely profit going back into the taxpayers coffers to avoid service cuts and all that.

Lazy lazy government, "let the private sector take a minimal risk and give them all the profits whole maintaining no control over prices ourselves, bar some totally inconsequential bleating about prices in some public accounts committee while they grin smugly back at us (just to show the public we're on their side and trying".

All the while the backhander nest egg grows experientially in some minister/MP's cayman account........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 11:57 - Mar 19 with 1102 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:43 - Mar 18 by londonlisa2001

As you've said before, Plaid now bears little resemblance to the Plaid of even a generation ago.

Someone in a different thread mentioned Huw Edwards (BBC). Now that's the Plaid of a generation ago - well educated, academic, immersed in the history and culture of Wales, Welsh speaking, a real member of the 'Crachach' if you like. Rowan Williams is another of the same ilk.

Very little in common politically with someone like Leanne Wood who is far more 'old Labour' (even rabidly so) than Plaid. As said previously, the true 'Plaid' would no more have dreamt of insulting the Queen than they would of insulting their own Mother.

The old Plaid celebrated the culture, the language, the aspiration, the influence, the very heart, if you like, of Wales, the new Plaid seems to be more concerned with sticking one on anyone that is even remotely successful and / or English.

Plaid have been left of centre for decades, I know people that voted for Foot in 83' [Labour then became Tory] and they have voted Plaid ever since as those people that did that are true to their principles and beliefs.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 12:11 - Mar 19 with 1094 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:32 - Mar 18 by Lohengrin

She made the valid point that there's not enough difference between the parties, she said that politics needs to be made interesting to involve the young. Fine so far, you can't take issue with that. She then sat there and parroted out what appeared to be the minutes of the Cardiff branch of The Fabian Society!

I'm not sure what I'd witnessed? Is this a woman completely and utterly ignorant of the history of the movement she purports to lead or had I just seen the final triumph of left-entryism?

left-entryism you say ?

Some did well out of the bookies when the lovely Leanne won the Plaid leadership race , Plaid membership increased around that time, it was a real statement, left wing leader, South Walian, female, non Welsh speaking [learner], a change from the Welsh Crachach but they were still a party on the left well before Leanne.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 12:23 - Mar 19 with 1088 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:51 - Mar 18 by Lohengrin

In a nutshell, Lisa. It's heartbreaking to behold. The holders of nobler ideals have been displaced and left cultural Marxists in possession of the field.

Nobler ideas you say Lohengrin.

Your posts suggest to me that you liked the old intelligentsia types that were the founding fathers of Plaid and that you liked Plaid when they were seen as a petite bourgeoisie party for the Crachach elite who clearly had very benevolent tendencies due to their policies and support of ordinary people, now Plaid have a 'for real' left wing leader and probably some real left wing supporters attracted to Plaid because of their 'real' left wing leader, you don't seem so fussed ?

Login to get fewer ads

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 13:58 - Mar 19 with 1063 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 08:40 - Mar 19 by trampie

Tweaked or ripped up ?, ive only seen it said that its outdated and it it could do with ripping up and that the Scots want more power not more money.

The Welsh want more money and the Welsh should have more money and London should have less money.

The UK is one sovereign state, different regions within the state get different amounts per head, note regions as opposed to the different countries, the last time i saw any figures London England was getting far more money per head than Scotland and Northern Ireland and a lot lot more than Wales, London in England maybe a City and Scotland a country but London has a far greater population so considering people work out how much per head a region gets per person the money going to the London region is huge compared to what go's to Scotland and astronomical compared to what go's to Wales.

Im not revisiting old video's but remember when the Plaid economic adviser ripped Paxman a new one, I think that was over the same thing, what London got (maybe other English regions as well) compared to what Wales got, do your homework Paxton.

All the investment London has and has had over the years compared to Wales and they have still been getting more money in recent times compared to Wales and that is not fair and not right, yet you seem to be advocating that that is ok ?, oh dont tell me you live in London -England ?

Some people have a sense of justice and fairness and quite a high percentage of them are in Wales.

Firstly I don't agree with the Barnett formula - it is outdated and unfair.

Secondly, no - the SNP want more power, but also more money per head at the expense of England and Wales.

Thirdly, the funding per head (most recent figs so for 2013/2014) is as follows:

Scotland - £10,275 (115% of average UK expenditure)
Wales - £9,924 (11%)
London - £9,866 (110%)
South East England - £7,756 (87%)
Northern Ireland - £10,961 (123%)

I've not bothered to include the other English regions, since your fixation is with London. I will just say that there is not a single English region (including London) that gets as much as Wales.

So you can see that what you say is wrong. However, the Barnett formula (which incidentally doesn't allocate other than to the devolved nations in relation to England) is unfairly biased towards both Northern Ireland and Scotland and Wales loses out massively.You seem to be mistaking the Barnett settlement with general public spending figs across English regions? England as a whole is always 100 % with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland being at levels higher than that. Certain regions within England get more / less than the 100% though based on assessment of need.

London is an anomaly in some ways, as despite the affluence of part of the population, as a whole, it is one of the most deprived parts of the UK (I believe, although this may not be the case any longer) that Tower Hamlets in London is THE most deprived part of the UK by all measures.

Finally, you may recall that as part of the 'No' campaign, the Tories and Labour BOTH promised the SNP that they would retain the Barnett formula (which serves Scotland so well) as a sop to them which was categorically unfair.

Maybe some people have a sense of fairness and justice that is based on fact rather than fiction? I, for example, tend to base my idea of fairness on something other than 'London sounds rich and is English'.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:08 - Mar 19 with 1053 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 10:35 - Mar 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Headed up by that well known Swanseonian Terry Matthews
When did he become chairman of "Swansea Bay Barrage inc" or whatever it's called?
Shows there's a lot of private profit to be made, no real drop in the price of energy to benefit the populace and none of this lovely profit going back into the taxpayers coffers to avoid service cuts and all that.

Lazy lazy government, "let the private sector take a minimal risk and give them all the profits whole maintaining no control over prices ourselves, bar some totally inconsequential bleating about prices in some public accounts committee while they grin smugly back at us (just to show the public we're on their side and trying".

All the while the backhander nest egg grows experientially in some minister/MP's cayman account........

Matthews became Chair of the Swansea Bay City region a while ago (rumour has it he is buying County Hall).

He studied at Swansea University by the way, so has some links and to be honest, it's about time the area had a heavyweight businessman standing up for it.

Yes, there is public subsidy, but isn't it about time there was public subsidy of a massive project in Swansea rather than somewhere else. The reason that a large subsidy is required for this is because it the first - as more of these projects get built, the price will decrease. Also, the reality is that some sort of self sufficiency in energy is well worth paying for, unless we want to be permanently unable to deal with the excesses of Russian foreign policy for fear of them switching off the lights. Over time, the energy generated from renewables will become cheaper and is, importantly, sustainable. And the private firms are investing up to £100m so hardly minimal risk irrespective of the fixed price (which, of course, becomes cheaper over time).

I think this is great for Swansea. If it had gone to Cardiff Bay, imagine the amount of bleating on here for Cardiff having received a huge project (yet again) underwritten with public funds? It will put Swansea on the map for power generation throughout the world, which has to be a good thing.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:15 - Mar 19 with 1049 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 11:57 - Mar 19 by trampie

Plaid have been left of centre for decades, I know people that voted for Foot in 83' [Labour then became Tory] and they have voted Plaid ever since as those people that did that are true to their principles and beliefs.

There is more than one way of being left of centre Trampie.

There is a genuine desire for equality / fairness based on increased aspiration, education, a desire to 'bring everyone up' type of 'left of centre', wanting the best for all with no one either being unfairly left behind, nor unfairly screwed.

Then there is the chippy, anti everything, screw those who have done well for themselves, bring everything down to the lowest possible common denominator and let 'the rich' pay for it type left of centre.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:16 - Mar 19 with 1046 viewstrampie

And previous figures had London earning more per head than Wales and London having a much much larger population than Wales would equate to them having vast sums of more money than Wales, other English regions have had more than Wales in the past.

A rape of a fair country, written by an English man wasn't it.

English tax payers owe Wales vast sums of money for the English run British state exploiting Wales over the years with the profits going over the border as well as the lack of spending on infrastructure in Wales compared to England [currently HS2 and London tube lines just for starters] .

So you no longer support the Barnett formula then do you Lisa, what with you not supporting the Barnett formula and the lovely Leanne being such a champion of womens rights and did you previously mention you are not a royalist ?, crickey seems like you have a lot in common with Ms Wood and even her party.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:27 - Mar 19 with 1036 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:15 - Mar 19 by londonlisa2001

There is a genuine desire for equality / fairness based on increased aspiration, education, a desire to 'bring everyone up' type of 'left of centre', wanting the best for all with no one either being unfairly left behind, nor unfairly screwed.

Then there is the chippy, anti everything, screw those who have done well for themselves, bring everything down to the lowest possible common denominator and let 'the rich' pay for it type left of centre.

You seem to have even more in common with Plaid and the SNP, the parties of the Crachach in wales and I have seen it said Lairds in Scotland.

They both quite like small business owners and landowners and have no issues with the rich and no issues with the poor, its the Westminster parties that seem to have class issues.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:29 - Mar 19 with 1033 viewsjacabertawe

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:15 - Mar 19 by londonlisa2001

"Then there is the chippy, anti everything, screw those who have done well for themselves, bring everything down to the lowest possible common denominator and let 'the rich' pay for it type left of centre."
Oh, please. You have let yourself down very badly with that nonsense.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:30 - Mar 19 with 1031 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:16 - Mar 19 by trampie

And previous figures had London earning more per head than Wales and London having a much much larger population than Wales would equate to them having vast sums of more money than Wales, other English regions have had more than Wales in the past.

A rape of a fair country, written by an English man wasn't it.

English tax payers owe Wales vast sums of money for the English run British state exploiting Wales over the years with the profits going over the border as well as the lack of spending on infrastructure in Wales compared to England [currently HS2 and London tube lines just for starters] .

So you no longer support the Barnett formula then do you Lisa, what with you not supporting the Barnett formula and the lovely Leanne being such a champion of womens rights and did you previously mention you are not a royalist ?, crickey seems like you have a lot in common with Ms Wood and even her party.

I never have supported the Barnett formula. I am one of the few on here that constantly slags off the SNP for wanting to keep it (or actually change it in their favour).

And yes, London has received more per head in the past than Wales, but England as a whole has not (it is always 100 whereas Wales has always been above that - it's the whole point of the formula).

And you don't seem to mind that the actual winners are not England (which is always, by definition lower than the others) but Northern Ireland and Scotland.

I don't understand the whole premise of your argument? It is factually incorrect. London tube lines? What on earth are you talking about?

And I don't see a problem or indeed a contradiction in believing in fairness, womens' rights and wanting to get rid of the Royal Family and at the same time believing that Leanne Wood is a substandard leader with a chip on her shoulder, driven by the politics of envy rather than aspiration.

I believe that Wales can do better and certainly deserves far better.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:31 - Mar 19 with 1007 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:29 - Mar 19 by jacabertawe

"Then there is the chippy, anti everything, screw those who have done well for themselves, bring everything down to the lowest possible common denominator and let 'the rich' pay for it type left of centre."
Oh, please. You have let yourself down very badly with that nonsense.

why? It is true.

There are people who believe in exactly that. Are you genuinely saying that there are not?
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:37 - Mar 19 with 1003 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:27 - Mar 19 by trampie

You seem to have even more in common with Plaid and the SNP, the parties of the Crachach in wales and I have seen it said Lairds in Scotland.

They both quite like small business owners and landowners and have no issues with the rich and no issues with the poor, its the Westminster parties that seem to have class issues.

when I was younger I was a firm supporter of Plaid.

I am not now. For a few reasons. One is that I genuinely no longer believe that it is in Wales' best interests to separate from the rest of the UK, even within the context of the EU. (A view, incidentally, partly brought about by seeing the shambles that the WAG have largely been - worse education, worse healthcare, all within the context of having consistently received more money per head than England). Partly because I recognise that all that will happen is the 'them' of 'them and us' will just shift from London to Cardiff, and I don't see any difference.

Secondly, I believe that Plaid has become a poor party and Leanne Wood is a poor leader. Do you genuinely think she is for 'small business' and has 'no problems with the rich'?

It doesn't really matter anyway - no Plaid candidate is likely to stand in Hammersmith.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:41 - Mar 19 with 998 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:30 - Mar 19 by londonlisa2001

I never have supported the Barnett formula. I am one of the few on here that constantly slags off the SNP for wanting to keep it (or actually change it in their favour).

And yes, London has received more per head in the past than Wales, but England as a whole has not (it is always 100 whereas Wales has always been above that - it's the whole point of the formula).

And you don't seem to mind that the actual winners are not England (which is always, by definition lower than the others) but Northern Ireland and Scotland.

I don't understand the whole premise of your argument? It is factually incorrect. London tube lines? What on earth are you talking about?

And I don't see a problem or indeed a contradiction in believing in fairness, womens' rights and wanting to get rid of the Royal Family and at the same time believing that Leanne Wood is a substandard leader with a chip on her shoulder, driven by the politics of envy rather than aspiration.

I believe that Wales can do better and certainly deserves far better.

I have only heard of the SNP wanting more power for Scotland and not more money and in the past I thought that some SNP types wanted to scrap the Barnett formula, you say they want to keep the Barnett formula and have more money.

My argument is Wales has been badly done by, exploited, profit gone to England, little investment in the country, that is what you get when the majority of mp's are English voting on matters that affect Wales, oops you don't like that do you, not the other way around anyway.

You seem to have a lot in common with Plaid and the SNP I must say.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:41 - Mar 19 with 999 viewsmonmouth

Someone said once that in Australia, if someone is better than you you aspire to beat them; in Wales if someone is better you're determined to make them as sh1t as you are. They were talking about the village mentality and in my limited experience it is absolutely sad but true.

As to Leanne Wood, I find her quite personable but know little about her or her views so can't really comment. Has she lived anywhere but Wales? If not, that is a serious weakness and builds the village mentality seen everywhere in Cardiff Bay and previously, to my first hand experience, at the Welsh Office.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:50 - Mar 19 with 994 viewsjacabertawe

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:31 - Mar 19 by londonlisa2001

why? It is true.

There are people who believe in exactly that. Are you genuinely saying that there are not?

Because it is not true. I have been a Plaid supporter and member for over forty years. Whilst there are always some who may hold opinions along the lines you somewhat hysterically make (it is a democratic party, after all), that stance has never been the view of the vast majority of Plaid members or indeed are indicative of the party's policies. Prove me wrong by pointing to the relevant policies.

Here we go: http://www.partyof.wales/?force=1

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:51 - Mar 19 with 994 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:41 - Mar 19 by trampie

I have only heard of the SNP wanting more power for Scotland and not more money and in the past I thought that some SNP types wanted to scrap the Barnett formula, you say they want to keep the Barnett formula and have more money.

My argument is Wales has been badly done by, exploited, profit gone to England, little investment in the country, that is what you get when the majority of mp's are English voting on matters that affect Wales, oops you don't like that do you, not the other way around anyway.

You seem to have a lot in common with Plaid and the SNP I must say.

oh right - you obviously missed the uproar re keeping the Barnett formula and giving Scotland even more then hat all happened during the Independence referendum. It made quite a splash up here, largely I guess because England subsidises it.

As for the votes bit - since devolution, English MPs have not been able to vote on devolved matters - I'm pretty sure you know that. And neither should they and nor should it happen the other way round.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:56 - Mar 19 with 985 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:50 - Mar 19 by jacabertawe

Because it is not true. I have been a Plaid supporter and member for over forty years. Whilst there are always some who may hold opinions along the lines you somewhat hysterically make (it is a democratic party, after all), that stance has never been the view of the vast majority of Plaid members or indeed are indicative of the party's policies. Prove me wrong by pointing to the relevant policies.

Here we go: http://www.partyof.wales/?force=1

where on earth did I say that Plaid Cymru has that view?

I did not. If you read what I said yesterday, I was in great support of the ideals of Plaid over their history.

I said that there was more than one way of being left of centre. It was in response to the invalid claim that Plaid was as it always has been simply because it remains left of centre, which, in terms of its leadership, is transparently not the case.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 15:07 - Mar 19 with 966 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:51 - Mar 19 by londonlisa2001

oh right - you obviously missed the uproar re keeping the Barnett formula and giving Scotland even more then hat all happened during the Independence referendum. It made quite a splash up here, largely I guess because England subsidises it.

As for the votes bit - since devolution, English MPs have not been able to vote on devolved matters - I'm pretty sure you know that. And neither should they and nor should it happen the other way round.

The uproar about keeping the Barnett formula, what uproar ?, its the status quo mun.

Since devolution !!!, you are having a giraffe, the majority of mps have always been English, the Welsh and Scottish have had English mps deciding policies effecting their country for centuries, now the boot is on the other foot to a small degree [and its only a small degree as the vast majority of mps are still English] you don't like it, lol, one has to laugh.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 15:17 - Mar 19 with 952 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 15:07 - Mar 19 by trampie

The uproar about keeping the Barnett formula, what uproar ?, its the status quo mun.

Since devolution !!!, you are having a giraffe, the majority of mps have always been English, the Welsh and Scottish have had English mps deciding policies effecting their country for centuries, now the boot is on the other foot to a small degree [and its only a small degree as the vast majority of mps are still English] you don't like it, lol, one has to laugh.

It is indeed the status quo - one that is fundamentally unfair to both Wales (who lose c. £300m per year as a result of its use) and England.

And obviously before devolution everything was decided centrally.

Do you actually have any belief in anything other than 'England is sh*t and should be screwed over' - 'anyone that lives in England is uncaring and should be screwed over'?

You can't change the past Trampie. I don't like what was done to Wales by successive governments over many many years any more than you do. But that doesn't mean that the best policy now is simply one that gets back at the English for God's sake. You have some utopian view of Wales as a caring sharing community of left leaning liberals, and it is simply not the case. Have a look at the poll on this site about how people are going to vote - biggest support? UKIP. There you do - there's your caring sharing Wales in a nutshell.

And stop speaking to me as though I am less 'Welsh' than you because I don't happen to define my entire basis for being Welsh as hating the English. It doesn't work as a strategy - have a look at the Welsh rugby team if you want proof and see where a strategy of 'everything's great as long as we beat the English' has got us in world terms. It's a very small minded way of viewing ourselves as a nation.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 15:34 - Mar 19 with 944 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 15:17 - Mar 19 by londonlisa2001

It is indeed the status quo - one that is fundamentally unfair to both Wales (who lose c. £300m per year as a result of its use) and England.

And obviously before devolution everything was decided centrally.

Do you actually have any belief in anything other than 'England is sh*t and should be screwed over' - 'anyone that lives in England is uncaring and should be screwed over'?

You can't change the past Trampie. I don't like what was done to Wales by successive governments over many many years any more than you do. But that doesn't mean that the best policy now is simply one that gets back at the English for God's sake. You have some utopian view of Wales as a caring sharing community of left leaning liberals, and it is simply not the case. Have a look at the poll on this site about how people are going to vote - biggest support? UKIP. There you do - there's your caring sharing Wales in a nutshell.

And stop speaking to me as though I am less 'Welsh' than you because I don't happen to define my entire basis for being Welsh as hating the English. It doesn't work as a strategy - have a look at the Welsh rugby team if you want proof and see where a strategy of 'everything's great as long as we beat the English' has got us in world terms. It's a very small minded way of viewing ourselves as a nation.

The old Celtic occupied territories is not sh*t mun, Wales deserves what is fair and if that includes reparations to get modern Wales up to a fair level then so be it.

Nothing wrong with Ingurland or its people, I like Frank Lampard as a footballer and Cherie Lunghi as an actress.

And you can be as Welsh as you like Lisa.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024