Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? 14:59 - Mar 22 with 6175 viewsPhil_S

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 17:04 - Mar 22 with 3894 viewsDull1Thomas

Good question.

Have to say this is my least favourite season (so far) not much excitement and mostly boring Stoke style football.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 17:38 - Mar 22 with 3874 viewsDafyddHuw

2008/9
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 17:49 - Mar 22 with 3862 viewsdgt73

This season by far. The team finally is coming of age.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 18:20 - Mar 22 with 3843 viewscwrw

Living the dream and enjoyed them all. Will go for the centenary season because we win our 1st major honour then
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 19:26 - Mar 22 with 3818 viewsLeonisGod

First one, for the journey and the way we proved everyone wrong by sticking to our game.
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 19:56 - Mar 22 with 3796 viewsmarchamjack

First one easily

The 'wonder' of the whole thing - all the big grounds/ turn on Sky and we're on there seemingly all the time/ becoming everyone's second team/ Mark Gower statistically being Europe's best player for a few weeks/ watching MOTD every single week (even when we lost, which I don't do now)/ hitting the magical 40 points and thinking...Christ, we're gonna get a second season in this/ Brendan being last off the pitch and clapping the crowd off at the end of big wins and the ground jumping/ the pundits loving our style of play/ Premier League badges on my replica shirt

That first season was a real eye opening magical season for someone who first began following us in 1976. Be hard to top that one for me.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 20:15 - Mar 22 with 3786 viewsjackal

This season. Just for the double over Man U.
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 21:12 - Mar 22 with 3766 viewsPhil_S

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 19:56 - Mar 22 by marchamjack

First one easily

The 'wonder' of the whole thing - all the big grounds/ turn on Sky and we're on there seemingly all the time/ becoming everyone's second team/ Mark Gower statistically being Europe's best player for a few weeks/ watching MOTD every single week (even when we lost, which I don't do now)/ hitting the magical 40 points and thinking...Christ, we're gonna get a second season in this/ Brendan being last off the pitch and clapping the crowd off at the end of big wins and the ground jumping/ the pundits loving our style of play/ Premier League badges on my replica shirt

That first season was a real eye opening magical season for someone who first began following us in 1976. Be hard to top that one for me.

This sums it up for me
Login to get fewer ads

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 21:32 - Mar 22 with 3742 viewsmonmouth

I know it's predictable but I'm already looking forward to the next one most.

Each so far has its merits (staying up easily...wow.. and Arsenal home; Cup win..wow.. and Arsenal and Chelsea away; Cardiff essentially relegated by our lamping of them, they never recovered; and man U doubly, Arsenal home again and probably record points) but I don't really dwell on the past. I think this season might have another big scalp and next season I reckon stronger again. I've gone for Laudrup 1 in the poll options because we won the cup. We won the bloody cup mun. One of the three major domestic trophies. We won it. Us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 22:16 - Mar 22 with 3721 viewsDr_Winston

The season where we played the best football (for seven months) and won our first major trophy. No contest.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 22:51 - Mar 22 with 3702 viewsKilkennyjack

Winning the cup in such style was perfect. Best signings though have been this year - the big Pole, Ki, montero, fernandez, siggy, gomis, kyle, cork, and maybe young Grimes to come. somebody did a great job.

Beware of the Risen People

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 23:21 - Mar 22 with 3683 viewsperchrockjack

The one when we really did become established prem league

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 05:26 - Mar 23 with 3634 viewsSwansNZ

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 22:16 - Mar 22 by Dr_Winston

The season where we played the best football (for seven months) and won our first major trophy. No contest.

Agree.

Winning 0-5 at qpr, what a perfect start.
Arsenal 0-2 away, possibly the best PL game we have played.

Although not in the PL, the COC win, including beating Chelsea over 2 legs.

Fantastic, not that we've had a poor season.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 08:53 - Mar 23 with 3601 viewsDr_Winston

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 05:26 - Mar 23 by SwansNZ

Agree.

Winning 0-5 at qpr, what a perfect start.
Arsenal 0-2 away, possibly the best PL game we have played.

Although not in the PL, the COC win, including beating Chelsea over 2 legs.

Fantastic, not that we've had a poor season.

It was almost the perfect season, with only the post-Wembley slide in form to let it down.

The football we played from Aug-Feb is the benchmark we need to be aiming to emulate as often as we can from here on in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 09:59 - Mar 23 with 3574 viewswhiterock

Last season for me, Europa was fantastic. Love to do it all again some day
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 11:43 - Mar 23 with 3539 viewsGreatBritton

Every season has had its euphoric moments and its horrible disappointments, but the latter have only come about because of the way our expectations have been continually raised. Europa was a case in point - on the one hand Valencia, on the other hand the pretty drab performance against Ploesti. Anyone who saw us against Middlesborough in the League Cup knows how dull it can be at times. Then we beat Chelsea over two legs!

Someone earlier got it right - next season is the best
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 13:30 - Mar 23 with 3500 viewsperchrockjack

This year will see us achieve 53 points and we could well finish in 8th.

THAT would be progress, not sentimental crap and it would be down to Monk , his players and the Board.

NEXT season, I m looking t see a top grade striker strut his stuff with us and an epic FA CUP run is something that we could do with after all these years.

I also like our stadium to have been extended and fans from all over mid and west Wales see us as THEIR club . I d also like the eclipse of cradiff continue

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 18:00 - Mar 23 with 3429 viewsStarsky

The arrival of Laudrup...
The win at QPR
michu
Pablo
Chico
Arsenal away
Chelsea over 2 legs
Winning the cup
The centenary season.
The best football shirt
The best season ever

It's just the internet, init.

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 18:03 - Mar 23 with 3425 viewsSwansNZ

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 18:00 - Mar 23 by Starsky

The arrival of Laudrup...
The win at QPR
michu
Pablo
Chico
Arsenal away
Chelsea over 2 legs
Winning the cup
The centenary season.
The best football shirt
The best season ever

sh1t badge tho

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 18:05 - Mar 23 with 3421 viewsStarsky

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 18:03 - Mar 23 by SwansNZ

sh1t badge tho

Shit supply of shirts too.

Mr Dineen telling me i shoulda bought it in July. When I wanted one for my son for Christmas.

Heaven forbid customers.

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 18:06 - Mar 23 with 3421 viewsImAlrightJack

The first one, simply because it was new ground for many of us and finally realising we've arrived.
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 22:22 - Mar 23 with 3359 viewspencoedjack

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 22:16 - Mar 22 by Dr_Winston

This^

I am also enjoying this season gutted about losing to Blackburn really thought we could of had a good go at fa cup this season
What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 23:06 - Mar 23 with 3351 viewsDull1Thomas

I can't believe so few people voting for last season - the European adventure was fantastic.
If that doesn't set the pulse racing what targets do we have?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 00:50 - Mar 24 with 3335 viewsStarsky

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 23:06 - Mar 23 by Dull1Thomas

I can't believe so few people voting for last season - the European adventure was fantastic.
If that doesn't set the pulse racing what targets do we have?

Mixed in with a stagnating league form and the demise of Laudrup.

That's why.

It wasn't just about winning at Valencia.

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 18:52 - Mar 24 with 3220 views3swan

What Is Your Favourite Premier League Season? on 21:12 - Mar 22 by Phil_S

This sums it up for me

And me

The others all have things going for them but the first season was 'us' arriving and strutting our stuff.

Pure enjoyment, maybe because it might have been a one off. Each season since has become more serious as we are now here on merit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024