Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight - Israel v Belgium 15:03 - Mar 31 with 3978 viewsbuilthjack

What's best, a draw?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 15:18 - Mar 31 with 2149 viewsorion3016

I'm thinking best for Belgium to beat everyone else so that 2nd place is much easier for us. If Israel get something tonight it'll keep them in the hunt.

Be over there now after

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 15:20 - Mar 31 with 2147 viewsJackSomething

I'd say so. For me, the preferred results in order are:

1) Draw - keeps us top, a great psychological boost going into the Belgium game, puts pressure on them.
2) Israel win - They go top, but still keeps pressure on Belgium coming to us and I'm confident we can beat Israel in Cardiff.
3) Belgium win - They go top and come to us with the pressure off. If they then win in Cardiff and Israel win in Bosnia, then we'd be third and sweating.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 15:43 - Mar 31 with 2094 viewsJethroJack

I'd say a draw, so both drop 2pts.
Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 15:55 - Mar 31 with 2062 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 15:18 - Mar 31 by orion3016

I'm thinking best for Belgium to beat everyone else so that 2nd place is much easier for us. If Israel get something tonight it'll keep them in the hunt.

Orion makes the most sense. 2nd place is just as good as 1st, so I (yes, I've shamelessly jumped on the Wales bandwagon too now) don't mind seeing Belgium (the toughest competition) beat everyone else up.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 16:03 - Mar 31 with 2047 viewsshandyjack

draw or Belgium win, no way would i want an Israel win as it would put added pressure on our game with them in Cardiff, better they are out of it by then

Poll: Expectation for the season

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 16:06 - Mar 31 with 2040 viewsmonmouth

Belgian win all day long. We then only have to beat Israel and Andorra home and Cyprus away and it's 'Allo 'Allo.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 16:11 - Mar 31 with 2028 viewstrampie

My preference would be a draw, then a Belgium win, my least preferred result would be Israel winning.

1] A draw leaves us top of the table at the halfway mark, psychologically huge for us.
2] A Belgium win and they top the group in that case then perhaps its best they take points off all our rivals as it is the top 2 that automatically qualify.
3] An Israeli win puts them top of the group but they will have to play Belgium, Wales and Bosnia all away from home in the second half of the campaign.

Wales can win their next match at home to Belgium, we are at home and are in good form, the Belgium's have failed to beat us the last twice very recently and both at their place, they have an extremely high World ranking and some very classy players but we can beat them as things stand and if we do we could even win the group.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 16:13]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 18:45 - Mar 31 with 1922 viewsDull1Thomas

Belgium will win by at least two goals - Israel were taken apart by Wales even before they went to 10 players.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 18:48 - Mar 31 with 1916 viewslifelong

A draw would be good, it's live on SS5 later.
Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 19:57 - Mar 31 with 1833 viewsorion3016

Yes get in 0-1

Much better if Belgium win

Be over there now after

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 19:58 - Mar 31 with 1832 viewsABERSWAN

Best thing for Wales,is if any Belgians on a yellow card pick up another,ruling them out to play us, or even better a straight red for Fellaini for his usual elbow in the face.
Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:07 - Mar 31 with 1808 viewsSwansNZ

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 19:58 - Mar 31 by ABERSWAN

Best thing for Wales,is if any Belgians on a yellow card pick up another,ruling them out to play us, or even better a straight red for Fellaini for his usual elbow in the face.

Kompany is the only one to have had a yellow card in qualifying, so far.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:11 - Mar 31 with 1789 viewsbuilthjack

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 19:58 - Mar 31 by ABERSWAN

You have to be booked 3 times to receive a ban

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:15 - Mar 31 with 1774 viewsSwansNZ

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:11 - Mar 31 by builthjack

You have to be booked 3 times to receive a ban

Which is a shame, as Kompany has had his second now.

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:27 - Mar 31 with 1743 viewsbuilthjack

Israel don't look a threat whatsoever

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:28 - Mar 31 with 1740 viewsDyfnant

Will the finals of the tournament be seeded?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:34 - Mar 31 with 1715 viewsunion_jack

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:27 - Mar 31 by builthjack

Israel don't look a threat whatsoever

From the little bit I've seen, neither do Belgium!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:37 - Mar 31 with 1699 viewsbuilthjack

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:34 - Mar 31 by union_jack

From the little bit I've seen, neither do Belgium!

Belgium haven't got to get out of third gear

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:38 - Mar 31 with 1693 viewsOldjack

Israel looking slightly worse than Belgium ,awful game to watch, playing at a snails pace

Engerland losing to a tidy team ,nowt new there

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:38 - Mar 31 with 1693 viewsC_jack

Belgium win.

Who cares about coming 1st/2nd, they both return the same thing.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:41 - Mar 31 with 1684 viewsairedale

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:38 - Mar 31 by C_jack

Belgium win.

Who cares about coming 1st/2nd, they both return the same thing.

Don't you get harder draws in the competition proper if you finish second though?
Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:46 - Mar 31 with 1661 viewsSwansNZ

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:41 - Mar 31 by airedale

Don't you get harder draws in the competition proper if you finish second though?

Do we care?
Not been to any finals for over 50 years, so would be happy just to qualify.

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:49 - Mar 31 with 1650 viewsC_jack

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 20:41 - Mar 31 by airedale

No, it's all reset and done on the FIFA rankings, regardless of where you come in the group

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 21:09 - Mar 31 with 1591 viewsbuilthjack

Kompany off, banned for the game against Wales

Tonight - Israel v Belgium on 21:09 - Mar 31 with 1589 viewsstevethejack

Kompany get a red and misses next game (v Wales)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024