Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83386 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:26 - Apr 17 with 1766 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:09 - Apr 17 by perchrockjack

Feck it ,I ll make a serious post as my humour flies over many heads on here.

This will be the first election I might well not vote at all mainly because of the tory "scum utterly lacking the balls to stick to their guns and tradition of protecting the public ,small businesses, hard working people and being able to create wealth to look after our services. I do not favour the State interfering in my life thanks all the same.
LABOUR, now far from the scumlike cretins that gave is 20% inflation and industrial chaos and a host of scum union leaders , are now socially exactly the same as the scum tories except they own and rent out social houses for private gain and advocate state schools but do no send their kids to them .Scum hypocrites to see politics as a career although shafting your own flesh and blood to gain power seems ok with a man now touting to be leader of our country.

Plaid?... Nice to have a welsh speaking leader who lives in the Rhondda and pronounces the RH correctly

SNP? Better not upset Lisa anymore but Nic clearly and a good make over but looks too thin now to be credible. She s an Ingenue.

Farage. Smarmy, self opinionated oik in a Spivs coat, clearly an insult to car salesmen everywhere. No longer a joke and he needs a bloody nose.

Where s Lord Such when you need him ..

TELL YOU WHAT,After this election we re gonna need big sense of humour to survive.

take care out there

feel free to upset me as much as you want Perch :-) I am no lover of the SNP - in fact, they are, in many ways, my biggest fear in this election.

It's all just nonsense anyway - the lives of most of us will carry on pretty much as we were in a month's time. So much of the important stuff they all can't affect anyway - they'll never admit that bit though.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:29 - Apr 17 with 1763 viewstrampie

Loving the Plaid/SNP/Greens love in hug at the end, loving it large.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:32 - Apr 17 with 1756 viewsperchrockjack

I only act the fool Lisa, trust me.

I agree with that assessment .

As I say, Leanne may be be a lovely girl but frankly has none of the gravitas Dafydd Wigley or even Ellis Thomas had mainly because she doesn't appear to have their interlect.

Sturgeon isn't a joke, shes dangerous and what is worse the inept ,cretinous Millband and cowardly Cameron cannot handle her (no pun).

I ll have you know ,seriously, Ingenue was a great album and she a wonderful singer.
Suppose being brought up in rural Alberta gives a girl that masculine look.

Now ,I have a new song to learn and lunch at our favourite ,funnily enough overlooking bloody Wales -enjoy your day ma am

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:39 - Apr 17 with 1749 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:32 - Apr 17 by perchrockjack

As I say, Leanne may be be a lovely girl but frankly has none of the gravitas Dafydd Wigley or even Ellis Thomas had mainly because she doesn't appear to have their interlect.

Sturgeon isn't a joke, shes dangerous and what is worse the inept ,cretinous Millband and cowardly Cameron cannot handle her (no pun).

I ll have you know ,seriously, Ingenue was a great album and she a wonderful singer.

Now ,I have a new song to learn and lunch at our favourite ,funnily enough overlooking bloody Wales -enjoy your day ma am

you too Perch !

And kd singing Crying with Roy Orbison is one of the best things I've ever heard (particularly the live version - only ever saw it on TV unfortunately, not in person).
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:49 - Apr 17 with 1726 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:32 - Apr 17 by perchrockjack

Plaid have had some fantastic leaders, intellectuals and scholars, Saunders Lewis, Gwynfor Evans, Dafydd Wigley and Ellis Thomas among them, they cant keep on getting brilliant leaders all the time, Leanne appeals in different ways, she seems polite and nice, she seems genuine and mumsey [in a positive way], its all to be seen but she may appeal more than say a Adam Price who would be their current intellectual heavyweight of the right age to be leader [I believe Price is going to make a comeback, Assembly this time is the rumour].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:04 - Apr 17 with 1706 viewsperchrockjack

You r e a good sort trampie

We re miles apart politically but you make your points in a non abusive way and that s alright with me.

You ll not I have contempt for all politicians

Off to see Wales mountains now...with Great Orme shimmering in the distance in the morning sunlight

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:39 - Apr 17 with 1677 viewstrampie

Just checked out Brandwatch react site which monitors social media and Plaid came out on top gaining the most positive reactions as well as Leanne Wood also came out on top as having the most positive impact amongst the individual leaders of the different parties and both those rankings include the Cons/Cameron and Lib/Clegg as well.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:41 - Apr 17 with 1672 viewsyescomeon

Really nice little tool of the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32336071

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:23 - Apr 17 with 1635 viewstrampie

Just heard what was apparently a BBC Wales radio segment on the Llanelli constituency [don't know how old it is - seems recent], a 4-5 minute clip interviewing people with the main chat being with the editor of the local paper [ex Ochfa schoolgirl Swansea type], Llanelli has been Labour since 1922 [sometimes huge majorities] was mentioned, listening to what was said and the evidence been presented then Llanelli could fall to Plaid, obviously it may not and people have got to be careful what they say and people try to be impartial on the radio but it seems as if one of Labours old industrial towns [neighbouring Swansea] could fall.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 12:26]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:12 - Apr 17 with 1604 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:24 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

Nats and Greens arguing about who can spend the most cash that doesn't exist.

it is there clasey just have to get to the vault in Geneva or grande Bahamas.

why have austerity

I spoke to UK headquarters yesterday who claimed that the EU has just donated a large amount of trees to china

and also the UK are indirectly paying for a factory to be set up in turkey to build some parts of ford transits, while a the same factory has been closed down in the UK 600 redundant.

I'm solid green/plaid but I have to be honest and not just say that my party is right and every other part is wrong, but some of what the kippers say is definitely concerning.

I don't like the rascist undertones but nor do I like the fact that our country seems to tolerate things done in the name of islam but never in the church, its double standards.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:26 - Apr 17 with 1591 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:23 - Apr 17 by trampie

Just heard what was apparently a BBC Wales radio segment on the Llanelli constituency [don't know how old it is - seems recent], a 4-5 minute clip interviewing people with the main chat being with the editor of the local paper [ex Ochfa schoolgirl Swansea type], Llanelli has been Labour since 1922 [sometimes huge majorities] was mentioned, listening to what was said and the evidence been presented then Llanelli could fall to Plaid, obviously it may not and people have got to be careful what they say and people try to be impartial on the radio but it seems as if one of Labours old industrial towns [neighbouring Swansea] could fall.

lets hope that the domino falls onto us here in Swansea next!

more and more people seem to like the idea of plaid lets hope they vote they same as they speak.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:15 - Apr 17 with 1557 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:55 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

Not sure about that. Many give their vote to Plaid as a protest not out of some deep rooted philosophical attachment or belief in nationalism. That vote could just as easily be given to UKIP.

Do Plaid get much in the way of protest votes ?, where Plaid are strong they compete to win seats, in seats where Plaid are weak they tend to be very weak.

Without checking and I know about boundary changes, Plaid have won 5 different seats but the most they have held at any one time is 4, those seats could be described as their heartland seats [although they are not guaranteed to win them], this time as always they have got their eye on those 5 seats plus Llanelli [which would be a first].

In Assembly elections they compete much better in the rest of Wales, winning in the past in Llanelli [Carms], Rhondda [Glam] and Islwyn [Gwent].
I think they have done ok in Neath, Merthyr and Caerphilly in some elections, if not winning at least competing, I mention those places as if they are to crack South Wales you would expect them to get a foothold in those places first.
Closer to home they probably do ok in local elections the further up the Neath and Swansea valleys you go, its the townies that are a bit of a problem for them.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 14:18]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:21 - Apr 17 with 1546 viewsHighjack

I thought leanne wood looked a bit wooden and robotic as if she was constantly reading from a script.

Farage seemed like he wanted to turn everyone against him by acting like a complete dick. Not sure if it was a deliberate ploy or whether he's genuinely lost the plot. He's clearly a shrewd operator so I'd suggest the former to set him apart from the rest. The sort of people he targets probably wouldnt be watching anyway.

The aussie woman was a complete irrelevance. Dont even know what the greens are there for.

The scottish lady is clearly another shrewd operator and far less smarmy than salmond was. Would put money on that hug at the end being her idea too. But they need to accept that the scots rejected independence and therefore better represent the will of the people.

Ed is just ed. I've no doubt hes a thoroughly decent and nice man but he doesn't seem to have any policies thaor mannerisms that inspire you to stick your cross in his box.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:31 - Apr 17 with 1534 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:24 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

Nats and Greens arguing about who can spend the most cash that doesn't exist.

I noticed that Leanne said something last night that I said in a recent private conversation, I hadn't heard it said before in the context of anti austerity so I was glad that Leanne was on the same wave length as me and that is the country was on its knees after the war, indebt and broken, yet they spent their way out of it by investing [I guess there wasn't much choice after the Luftwaffe had done their damnedest].
I also did not know until the other week that Nobel prize winners in the field think investment and not cuts is the best way to get out of the situation we find ourselves in.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:39 - Apr 17 with 1525 viewsCottsy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:23 - Apr 17 by trampie

If I were you, Trampie, I'd be more worried about clinging on to Arfon than trying to make gains in Llanelli or the rest of the south because it isn't going to take much of a swing for Labour to snatch that from you.

At least erotic Elfyn will keep his seat, that's something for you to look forward to.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:55 - Apr 17 with 1515 viewstrampie

Just did a 6 or 7 mile journey in the car dinnertime and I probably saw 10 election boards [no posters] ever single one of them a Plaid board, now i'm in a Plaid seat, but all the same not one other party on show close to where I live.....hmm
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 15:19]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:10 - Apr 17 with 1453 viewslibertine

trampie,

I now hear people including myself who are talking about the virtues of plaid, this has never happened before,

trampie send me some placards and i'll put them up for you!

my kids will love the idea of being revolutionaries sneaking around late at night putting up plaid posters etc.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:28 - Apr 17 with 1411 viewslibertine

Michael portillo said that our Leanne and the rest of the extremer parties are a bunch of oddballs,

shows you what the tories think of us irks
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:05 - Apr 17 with 1383 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:28 - Apr 17 by libertine

Michael portillo said that our Leanne and the rest of the extremer parties are a bunch of oddballs,

shows you what the tories think of us irks

I'd say his arrows were pretty well aimed, Lib.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:16 - Apr 17 with 1378 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:05 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

I'd say his arrows were pretty well aimed, Lib.

Possibly true, but there's still an element of the pot slating the kettle in Portillo's statement.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:21 - Apr 17 with 1374 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:16 - Apr 17 by exiledclaseboy

Possibly true, but there's still an element of the pot slating the kettle in Portillo's statement.

He's quite an interesting chap to listen to, Clase, with an interesting personal story as I'm sure you're aware.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:25 - Apr 17 with 1372 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:21 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

He's quite an interesting chap to listen to, Clase, with an interesting personal story as I'm sure you're aware.

He is and he has. A truly loathesome politician but much more bearable now. I still smile at him losing his seat during the Tory wipeout of '97.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:25 - Apr 17 with 1371 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:25 - Apr 17 by exiledclaseboy

He is and he has. A truly loathesome politician but much more bearable now. I still smile at him losing his seat during the Tory wipeout of '97.

Much as he did if I remember the footage correctly.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:27 - Apr 17 with 1369 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:25 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

Much as he did if I remember the footage correctly.

Yeah. It was a dead, empty eyed grimace though more than a smile.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:32 - Apr 17 with 1364 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:27 - Apr 17 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah. It was a dead, empty eyed grimace though more than a smile.

Rather stoic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024