Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
kenji Gorre 08:43 - Apr 22 with 4998 viewsswanskid95

Very impressive in the U21 team this season, looking like he's in the verge of the first team, but the question is, do you call him up now, or do you loan him out?

I like the idea of loaning him to Den Haag, he's Dutch and it's a great leauge for young players to pick up first team playing time, the leauge is full
If great potential.
kenji Gorre on 19:55 - Apr 24 with 979 viewsDull1Thomas

kenji Gorre on 19:45 - Apr 24 by JackSomething

I'll admit I forgot Alfei and Lucas, if they did get a game under Laudrup. Sheehan played against Rotherham.

There's no way you're having Pozuelo, Shelvey, Amat, Vasquez or Ki. All had experience at a high level and can in no way be seen as 'giving youth a chance'. You didn't see me try and claim Carroll for Monk.

So hardly a big difference. If you're going to find a stick to beat Monk with arbitrarily, make sure it makes sense.

Yeah ... whatever.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

kenji Gorre on 20:38 - Apr 24 with 937 viewstomdickharry

Its said that comparisons are odious but lets throw this into the pot. Kenji Gorre and Jack Grealish (Villa). Gorre 1 year older,no league/cup appearances of any kind whilst Grealish has 19 for Villa and 39 whilst on loan at Notts Cty.
So Grealish had some taste of football at a higher level than -21's before he stepped into the Villa's PL squad and let us not forget that Villa's -21's play in the top division whilst ours are a division down.So perhaps to consider Gorre for a place in our PL squad with his limited experience would be a step too far,there again who would have thought that Grealish would play so brilliantly against Liverpool last Sunday and looked potentially a top,top player.Perhaps the next step or one that should have been taken already would be a loan next season at a League 1 club then down to him to prove himself to Monk that he is capable of stepping up to a higher level.
kenji Gorre on 21:07 - Apr 24 with 921 viewsnyc_swans

kenji Gorre on 20:38 - Apr 24 by tomdickharry

Its said that comparisons are odious but lets throw this into the pot. Kenji Gorre and Jack Grealish (Villa). Gorre 1 year older,no league/cup appearances of any kind whilst Grealish has 19 for Villa and 39 whilst on loan at Notts Cty.
So Grealish had some taste of football at a higher level than -21's before he stepped into the Villa's PL squad and let us not forget that Villa's -21's play in the top division whilst ours are a division down.So perhaps to consider Gorre for a place in our PL squad with his limited experience would be a step too far,there again who would have thought that Grealish would play so brilliantly against Liverpool last Sunday and looked potentially a top,top player.Perhaps the next step or one that should have been taken already would be a loan next season at a League 1 club then down to him to prove himself to Monk that he is capable of stepping up to a higher level.

back to the Ben Davies paradigm...

Ben had no loans and barely any first team football when thrust into the team. Give them a chance and see what they can do while the opportunity exists.
kenji Gorre on 22:53 - Apr 24 with 872 viewstomdickharry

kenji Gorre on 21:07 - Apr 24 by nyc_swans

back to the Ben Davies paradigm...

Ben had no loans and barely any first team football when thrust into the team. Give them a chance and see what they can do while the opportunity exists.

That's a fair point, but from what I have read on another board by a fan who watches most home -21 games he is nowhere near the first team squad,Monk will tell us if he chooses him.
kenji Gorre on 23:33 - Apr 24 with 848 viewsDr_Winston

kenji Gorre on 18:58 - Apr 24 by Starsky

Only you could have a dig at a LT on a Gorre thread.

Take the down arrow like a man!

It's a common misconception.

I'm not having a dig at LT. I'm actually having a dig at the thicky fans who fell for his theatrics.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

kenji Gorre on 06:22 - Apr 25 with 809 viewsStarsky

kenji Gorre on 23:33 - Apr 24 by Dr_Winston

I'm not having a dig at LT. I'm actually having a dig at the thicky fans who fell for his theatrics.

Fell for his theatrics?

Footballs all about passion mun.

I cheered all his goals and tricks wildly, just like the other 1000s that joined in with me.

Great to see him out and about yesterday as well too.

It's just the internet, init.

kenji Gorre on 16:15 - Apr 25 with 722 viewsDafyddHuw

kenji Gorre on 23:33 - Apr 24 by Dr_Winston

Innit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024