Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English / Welsh bilingual signs 20:02 - Apr 26 with 8833 viewsDarran

These two have made me smile everyday for a month.
What a load of shite.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:35 - May 2 with 1395 viewslifelong

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:28 - May 2 by perchrockjack

Because ,rig, like me he s so pissed off with language fascists.

Language is about communication. No more.

If Welsh is Wales only attribute then God help us.
It surely divides more than unite, another reason Andy seen his arse.

I d stay away from bagillt as thecwaybthevlocals pronounce it would shock you.

So, let's cull this faux issue and get on with what Wales should be doing and attracting and creating well paid jobs.
As lovely leannecsaid, we re the poorest. That ..is..shameful

For a Welsh person to make remarks like that about Welsh speakers is nothing short of shameful and I wouldn't expect you to support him.
English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:39 - May 2 with 1391 viewstrampie

Some sad individuals are very scared of seeing signs in Welsh and are frightened of people that speak Welsh and are terrified of people that vote for the party of Wales.

Welsh flags [not the Dragon] are even banned from the Millennium Stadium as the imperialists think they are political banners and political banners are banned from the Stadium.

There are a lot of scared people out there.
[Post edited 2 May 2015 10:57]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:53 - May 2 with 1375 viewstrampie

Welsh was the language of Britannia and was the language that was spoken all over what is now England then it got overtaken in most areas of Britannia by the language of immigrants at the time in the form of English.

So I assume that the people that would be happy to kill Welsh off, would be happy if an immigrant language to these lands like say Urdu for example took over from English ?

I have seen it that spending on the Welsh language is only 0.15% of the Welsh Government budget, a small price to pay if we use the language, don't use the language or just know one word, its our culture and helps gives us a national identity.
[Post edited 2 May 2015 11:14]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:56 - May 2 with 1358 viewsWarwickHunt

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:39 - May 2 by trampie

Some sad individuals are very scared of seeing signs in Welsh and are frightened of people that speak Welsh and are terrified of people that vote for the party of Wales.

Welsh flags [not the Dragon] are even banned from the Millennium Stadium as the imperialists think they are political banners and political banners are banned from the Stadium.

There are a lot of scared people out there.
[Post edited 2 May 2015 10:57]

"Imperialists."

Comedy gold.

We'll have "capitalist running dogs" next...
English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:59 - May 2 with 1356 viewsunion_jack

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:28 - May 2 by perchrockjack

Because ,rig, like me he s so pissed off with language fascists.

Language is about communication. No more.

If Welsh is Wales only attribute then God help us.
It surely divides more than unite, another reason Andy seen his arse.

I d stay away from bagillt as thecwaybthevlocals pronounce it would shock you.

So, let's cull this faux issue and get on with what Wales should be doing and attracting and creating well paid jobs.
As lovely leannecsaid, we re the poorest. That ..is..shameful

If it was possible to up arrow this post an infinite number of times I'd do so.

Absolutely to the point.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 13:15 - May 2 with 1309 viewsKilkennyjack

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:59 - May 2 by union_jack

If it was possible to up arrow this post an infinite number of times I'd do so.

Absolutely to the point.

The welsh language is a gift to be treasured. It has an inspiring story of survival that would move the coldest of hearts. It is an ancient language that now thrives in our schools alongside the business language of the world - english. It was the first anthem ever played at any sporting event in the world. And frankly if you cant grasp that, then you are a fecking moron.

Beware of the Risen People

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 14:18 - May 2 with 1299 viewsperchrockjack

Roger.
I answer to no man, at least not on here.

Shame, you bet it is.

Narrow minded sepia semantics over a language used as a tool to divide.

I am certain you ve not worked in Llangefni,Bangor or Caernarfon.

Trust me, the world is ambivolent , we need to prioritise economic progress not insulate language crap.

Talk is talk in any language. Unemployment is bad in both .

Head out of arse time I'm afraid

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 17:03 - May 2 with 1286 viewsAndy1300

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 13:15 - May 2 by Kilkennyjack

The welsh language is a gift to be treasured. It has an inspiring story of survival that would move the coldest of hearts. It is an ancient language that now thrives in our schools alongside the business language of the world - english. It was the first anthem ever played at any sporting event in the world. And frankly if you cant grasp that, then you are a fecking moron.

Nobody is calling for a ban on welsh speaking

Just don't impose it on those that don't want or need to speak it.

Don't waste money producing everything in duplicate at twice the cost.

If you must have welsh on road signs, then as Union has stated, have a different font thus making the signs easier to read for everyone.

As for answering the bloody phone in both languages well that is just stupid because the rest of the call is usually English.

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 17:07 - May 2 with 1284 viewsAndy1300

If everyone was so keen on everything welsh, why has plaid never got anywhere?

Because Wales doesn't want to go backwards.

Number 1 team in Wales

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 17:56 - May 2 with 1273 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea was also more prosperous when the kings way was just that.

We veclostvso much and more Welsh speakers won't make us a richer country.

Those are facts, like it or not.

I d prefer a Wales with 1 per cent Welsh speakers but with 99 per cent more wealth

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 18:44 - May 2 with 1261 viewslifelong

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 14:18 - May 2 by perchrockjack

Roger.
I answer to no man, at least not on here.

Shame, you bet it is.

Narrow minded sepia semantics over a language used as a tool to divide.

I am certain you ve not worked in Llangefni,Bangor or Caernarfon.

Trust me, the world is ambivolent , we need to prioritise economic progress not insulate language crap.

Talk is talk in any language. Unemployment is bad in both .

Head out of arse time I'm afraid

Richard.

No, I haven't worked in those beautiful places you mention, I have, however, worked in quite a few large English cities and became quite used to be called a cave dweller, tunnel rat, sheep shagger etc.
I just find it very sad that some people who say they were born in Wales resort to such silly insults and then be supported by yourself.
Never mind the Billy Big Bollocks 'answer to no man' crap, I'm disappointed with you.
Anyway, I've just cracked open a nice bottle of Australian Shiraz, have a pleasant weekend, I'm out.
English / Welsh bilingual signs on 18:59 - May 2 with 1252 viewsAndy1300

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 18:44 - May 2 by lifelong

Richard.

No, I haven't worked in those beautiful places you mention, I have, however, worked in quite a few large English cities and became quite used to be called a cave dweller, tunnel rat, sheep shagger etc.
I just find it very sad that some people who say they were born in Wales resort to such silly insults and then be supported by yourself.
Never mind the Billy Big Bollocks 'answer to no man' crap, I'm disappointed with you.
Anyway, I've just cracked open a nice bottle of Australian Shiraz, have a pleasant weekend, I'm out.

My cave dweller comment was sarcastic, I've lived in England on a few occasions and been called that amongst other things many times

Number 1 team in Wales

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 19:15 - May 2 with 1238 viewsperchrockjack

Fog.
Insults? No, and I'm disappointed in you as it happens.

I can insult better than most but my comments about Welsh aren't. Feck me me ol fella spoke it.

I just hate what it's become, a tool.

And Caernarfon, Bangor, Llangefni? I have and they aint

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 19:25 - May 2 with 1235 viewstrampie

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 18:59 - May 2 by Andy1300

My cave dweller comment was sarcastic, I've lived in England on a few occasions and been called that amongst other things many times

The Welsh are a very civilised cultured people Andy1300.
[Post edited 2 May 2015 19:29]

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 19:59 - May 2 with 1217 viewsLohengrin

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 19:25 - May 2 by trampie

Some are Trampie, and there are still those who would rise to defend European civilization, but you've spent the last few months on here playing outrider for those who would lay waste to the nation's heritage and endow your grandchildren with the decayed values of a bovine underclass.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 20:47 - May 2 with 1196 viewsAndy1300

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 19:25 - May 2 by trampie

Where have I said any different?

Also as I have already said, I am welsh
[Post edited 2 May 2015 20:48]

Number 1 team in Wales

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 21:03 - May 2 with 1185 viewstrampie

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 20:47 - May 2 by Andy1300

Where have I said any different?

Also as I have already said, I am welsh
[Post edited 2 May 2015 20:48]

Glad you accept it then.

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 21:14 - May 2 with 1171 viewsLeonisGod

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 17:56 - May 2 by perchrockjack

Swansea was also more prosperous when the kings way was just that.

We veclostvso much and more Welsh speakers won't make us a richer country.

Those are facts, like it or not.

I d prefer a Wales with 1 per cent Welsh speakers but with 99 per cent more wealth

You daft bugger. Plenty of countries are pretty well off and manage to speak English and their own language (and probably several others). The state of the country's finances has got bugger all to do with Welsh.
English / Welsh bilingual signs on 09:32 - May 3 with 1128 viewsexiledclaseboy

I have no nationalist leanings of any kind but I've never understood the antipathy some have towards the Welsh language. It's almost as if they feel threatened by it. Also, if you struggle with road signs written in two languages chances are you're a bit thick and you should seriously consider whether you're safe to continue driving.

Poll: Tory leader

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 09:38 - May 3 with 1123 viewslifelong

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 09:32 - May 3 by exiledclaseboy

I have no nationalist leanings of any kind but I've never understood the antipathy some have towards the Welsh language. It's almost as if they feel threatened by it. Also, if you struggle with road signs written in two languages chances are you're a bit thick and you should seriously consider whether you're safe to continue driving.

Got to agree with this, I just don't get why some people have such a problem with it.
English / Welsh bilingual signs on 09:42 - May 3 with 1122 viewsJackfath

Get rid of all the English translations on signs.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:27 - May 3 with 1106 viewsHumpty

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 09:42 - May 3 by Jackfath

Get rid of all the English translations on signs.

Excellent idea.

Those of us with a brain all know where Abertawe is. And Castell Nedd and Aberafan. And LLanelli. Even far away places like Caerdydd and Lerpwl are not that hard. We may have to learn a few new ones but our brains will cope with little problems like that.

The hard of thinking and hard of driving would be forced off our roads which would make them safer and emptier for those of us who can cope with bilingual signs. Everyone's a winner, Welsh speakers and English speakers who aren't thick.

Whilst the dull may be upset about being unable to drive in Wales anymore, think about how happy they'll be by not having to pay for bilingual road signs. Because they hate paying for them.

Top idea.
English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:29 - May 3 with 1105 viewsHumpty

They can't speak it so they don't like it. Simple as that. They only want public money spent on things that they like. If they don't like it, it's wrong.

Not the brightest.
English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:51 - May 3 with 1097 viewsunion_jack

That's rubbish Clasey and you know it. I drive well,have good eyesight but have to take extra time sometimes to differentiate between Welsh and English.God forbid it has not resulted in anything untoward but a split second with eyes taken off the road could be disastrous. A different font would eliminate that (Ireland do it I believe) but the politicians / Welsh activists are so insecure that when they say they want parity they mean it all the way down to the font!!!

And I'm not thick thank you!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:54 - May 3 with 1096 viewsHumpty

English / Welsh bilingual signs on 10:51 - May 3 by union_jack

That's rubbish Clasey and you know it. I drive well,have good eyesight but have to take extra time sometimes to differentiate between Welsh and English.God forbid it has not resulted in anything untoward but a split second with eyes taken off the road could be disastrous. A different font would eliminate that (Ireland do it I believe) but the politicians / Welsh activists are so insecure that when they say they want parity they mean it all the way down to the font!!!

And I'm not thick thank you!

I've never had a problem with them. Have you considered a bus pass?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024