Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread 22:30 - May 17 with 6477 viewsSgorioFruit

Come on Barrow!!!!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 17:53 - May 18 with 1639 viewsshandyjack

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 16:24 - May 18 by Dull1Thomas

The Golden Glove really is important - we lost Vorm over the insensitive way news of Fab was announced and we will now be looking for a back up 'keeper as Tremmel won't be offered a new contract (I personally think we should hold on to him until another goalie has been signed.) So the opportunity for Fab to at least be in with a shout of golden glove is a mus or Roma could suddenly become very tempting. As a consequence we need to play a strong team and having seen the under 21s, I would only be inclined to play Grimes and then only as a very late sub. They have had a brilliant year in winning their league but it is the lowest professional division. While they can only do what they can within the division they won just half the league games they played.
As for Dyer, I'd start him - Barrow looked good in attack when he came on but did nothing in defence. By the time he was introduced the game was very open and Man City were leaving big space at the back. When Barrow has started he has not delivered.

Fab
Jazz (Rangel if fit)
FF
Robot
Taylor
Cork
Sig is Swan
Jonjo
Dyer
Montero
Gomis

we lost Vorm because Monk wanted to upgrade our keeper and Spurs came calling, nothing to do with being insensitive. As much as Fab would want the golden glove i highly doubt that would be a factor in him choosing Roma over us if they were to come in for him and we were to accept a bid for him

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 18:22 - May 18 with 1608 viewsstAteSwan

You have to start Fabianski with the Golden Gloves on the line.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 18:24 - May 18 with 1608 viewsDewi1jack

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:42 - May 18 by Cooperman

'Cos I'm sentimental and would like to see Gerhard get one last game. He did well for us in his time here and if Palace is his last opportunity then go for it as far as I'm concerned. Think of it as a Slippy G party but on a lesser scale.

I'm not sure Garry will see the selection dilema quite like this though.

Yet you refer to Gerry using the derogatory name (Tremble.)
Did you call him that at Wemberleeee?
Do you call Lukasz "Flappyhandski" as some of the Arse fans did?
Shows what they know about football could be written on a stamp, leaving room to lick it without getting a black tongue.
And with you using the name "Tremble", you're in the same class

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 18:24 - May 18 with 1608 viewsDull1Thomas

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 17:53 - May 18 by shandyjack

we lost Vorm because Monk wanted to upgrade our keeper and Spurs came calling, nothing to do with being insensitive. As much as Fab would want the golden glove i highly doubt that would be a factor in him choosing Roma over us if they were to come in for him and we were to accept a bid for him

Indeed Monk wanted to upgrade every area and so he should & did fairly well. But Vorm learned he was going to be number 2 from journalists when on World Cup duty - contact to agent on the same day. (Horses mouth). Senior goalkeepers went from Vorm, AN Other, Tremmel to AN Other (Fab) Tremmel.
Playing a weakened side when you have the chance to achieve a massive accolade is a big deal for any goalkeeper, in the same way as leaving out your usual striker would be if he was equal on goals for the golden boot or whatever. It would send the message, 'We don't care about you.'

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 19:04 - May 18 with 1584 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:47 - May 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Exactly what I was going to post.

I'd start the same XI as we did on Sunday, with the exception of Barrow for Dyer.

Oh, except I forgot that Naughton is a possible returnee this week.

If so, Naughton over Richards of course.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 22:15 - May 18 with 1500 viewsshandyjack

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 18:24 - May 18 by Dull1Thomas

Indeed Monk wanted to upgrade every area and so he should & did fairly well. But Vorm learned he was going to be number 2 from journalists when on World Cup duty - contact to agent on the same day. (Horses mouth). Senior goalkeepers went from Vorm, AN Other, Tremmel to AN Other (Fab) Tremmel.
Playing a weakened side when you have the chance to achieve a massive accolade is a big deal for any goalkeeper, in the same way as leaving out your usual striker would be if he was equal on goals for the golden boot or whatever. It would send the message, 'We don't care about you.'

so you believe that Monk signed Fab then said 'send word to Vorm that he won't be our number 1 next season so don't bother coming back'?
I believe it would have gone more like
Agent - You've signed Fab, whats your plans for Vorm
Monk - I expect him to come back and compete with Fab and i'll decide my number 1 from there
Agent - OK,i'll let Vorm know,
Monk - Thank you, i hope Vorm has a good world cup

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 22:43 - May 18 with 1475 viewsCooperman

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 18:24 - May 18 by Dewi1jack

Yet you refer to Gerry using the derogatory name (Tremble.)
Did you call him that at Wemberleeee?
Do you call Lukasz "Flappyhandski" as some of the Arse fans did?
Shows what they know about football could be written on a stamp, leaving room to lick it without getting a black tongue.
And with you using the name "Tremble", you're in the same class

Er no. Gerry did well for us in the context of what he is, which is a back up keeper. His hot run came when he deputised for an injured Vorm and pulled off a few blinders. On the flip side he was prone to an error or two which many saw in the European games and not so many saw in the reserve fixtures that he played in. Based on what I've seen of him live, which may or may not be more than you, I would say that he had more bad moments than he did good, hence a little nickname, nothing too serious. I would still however like to see him go out with a farewell game.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:00 - May 18 with 1459 viewsStarsky

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 22:43 - May 18 by Cooperman

Er no. Gerry did well for us in the context of what he is, which is a back up keeper. His hot run came when he deputised for an injured Vorm and pulled off a few blinders. On the flip side he was prone to an error or two which many saw in the European games and not so many saw in the reserve fixtures that he played in. Based on what I've seen of him live, which may or may not be more than you, I would say that he had more bad moments than he did good, hence a little nickname, nothing too serious. I would still however like to see him go out with a farewell game.

I find it strange that your ok about giving any of our current squad members derogatory nicknames.
Criticise players yes but take the piss out of them? Not for me.

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:07 - May 18 with 1448 viewsCooperman

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:00 - May 18 by Starsky

I find it strange that your ok about giving any of our current squad members derogatory nicknames.

And I find it strange that you didn't mind Bony scoring on Sunday.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:12 - May 18 with 1440 viewsStarsky

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:07 - May 18 by Cooperman

And I find it strange that you didn't mind Bony scoring on Sunday.

It was in injury time but I wasn't happy about conceding a fourth goal.
I'm not quite sure how you come to that conclusion.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 23:13]

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:17 - May 18 with 1425 viewsCooperman

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:12 - May 18 by Starsky

It was in injury time but I wasn't happy about conceding a fourth goal.
I'm not quite sure how you come to that conclusion.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 23:13]

No, you're not are you. And I didn't say you were happy, just that you didn't mind Bony scoring. There is a difference.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:18 - May 18 with 1424 viewsDarran

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:00 - May 18 by Starsky

You're.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:24 - May 18 with 1410 viewsStarsky

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:17 - May 18 by Cooperman

No, you're not are you. And I didn't say you were happy, just that you didn't mind Bony scoring. There is a difference.

What???

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:35 - May 18 with 1389 viewsCooperman

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:24 - May 18 by Starsky

What???

No, you're not sure how I came to my conclusion. However don't worry about it.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:43 - May 18 with 1380 viewsStarsky

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:35 - May 18 by Cooperman

No, you're not sure how I came to my conclusion. However don't worry about it.

You're just trying deflect attention away from you disrespecting Swansea players.

You'd make a good politician.

I'm not replying to you on this thread anymore.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:47 - May 18 with 1392 viewsdameedna

There's no room for sentiment
I'd give Leon 60 and so he gets the fan fare
LB will play an absolute blinder
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:56 - May 18 with 1381 viewsCooperman

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:43 - May 18 by Starsky

You're just trying deflect attention away from you disrespecting Swansea players.

You'd make a good politician.

I'm not replying to you on this thread anymore.

No I'm not. I was simply highlighting that I saw your reaction to the Bony goal as being worse than my nickname for Gerry.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 01:10 - May 19 with 1352 viewsStarsky

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 23:56 - May 18 by Cooperman

No I'm not. I was simply highlighting that I saw your reaction to the Bony goal as being worse than my nickname for Gerry.

That's on a different thread then isn't it?
Take the argument over there so I can see what you're on about.

In the meantime, you crack on wanting Tremble to play on Saturday.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 01:36 - May 19 with 1343 viewsSwansNZ

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 18:22 - May 18 by stAteSwan

You have to start Fabianski with the Golden Gloves on the line.

No player outside of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United has ever won the Golden Glove. So, yes, give Fab another chance to increase his clean sheet count.

I'd also give barrow and Grimes a start, and possibly bring on another one or two "fringe" youngsters later.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 03:11 - May 19 with 1336 viewsWanderer

Kenji must have some game time, if only to reward his goal scoring efforts this year, two in the match against Hudders recently i believe.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 04:21 - May 19 with 1328 viewsnyc_swans

if monk has plans to move dyer out after this season i'd like seeing nath get a last full 90 in. barrow will be around next year. dyer maybe not.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 06:48 - May 19 with 1300 viewsCooperman

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 01:10 - May 19 by Starsky

That's on a different thread then isn't it?
Take the argument over there so I can see what you're on about.

In the meantime, you crack on wanting Tremble to play on Saturday.

I thought you said that you weren't replying.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 07:24 - May 19 with 1287 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 01:36 - May 19 by SwansNZ

No player outside of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United has ever won the Golden Glove. So, yes, give Fab another chance to increase his clean sheet count.

I'd also give barrow and Grimes a start, and possibly bring on another one or two "fringe" youngsters later.

Agree with all of that except Grimes, unless JJS is dinged up or something.

Also, Golden Glove aside, it would suck to make Fab end such a marvelous campaign by giving up 4 goals at Liberty, at least 2 of which he's been stopping in his sleep this season.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 7:25]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 07:26 - May 19 with 1284 viewsNeath_Jack

F*ck it, just play the entire U21 side and send the seniors off on an early holiday.

F*ck sake, let's put the strongest side out there, go and win the game, end the season on a high. There's plenty of early rounds of the league cup they can have a bash at next year.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 08:35 - May 19 with 1261 viewsStarsky

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 06:48 - May 19 by Cooperman

I thought you said that you weren't replying.

What can I say. I'm on holiday and I'm bored

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024