Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? 19:45 - May 25 with 4660 viewsmysonsarejacks

I think this could be an interesting thread personally. May reflect how optimistic you are as a person too.

Some commentators are saying we have reached our limit. I disagree. Could Monk be another Brian Clough type (success-wise) - maybe.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 19:49 - May 25 with 3091 viewsdeanscfc

A top 6 club with an outside chance of top 4. Would need to keep building each year and having a larger stadium would be important.
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:04 - May 25 with 3058 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

In the next few years continue to comfortably make the top 10, progress to the latter stages of the domestic cups and maybe even win ourselves another trophy… getting back into Europe either by cups or league position in 3-4 years would be perfect if the rate of development of the team continues at the pace it is currently. Then it will become about getting europe consistently whilst also maintaining league position - if we are on a parr with Tottenham in the next 5 years or so then we will have done very well. This would then give us the springboard for heightening our ambitions further.
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:40 - May 25 with 2986 viewsJethroJack

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:04 - May 25 by Tycoch_Tyrant

In the next few years continue to comfortably make the top 10, progress to the latter stages of the domestic cups and maybe even win ourselves another trophy… getting back into Europe either by cups or league position in 3-4 years would be perfect if the rate of development of the team continues at the pace it is currently. Then it will become about getting europe consistently whilst also maintaining league position - if we are on a parr with Tottenham in the next 5 years or so then we will have done very well. This would then give us the springboard for heightening our ambitions further.

Spot on....but just watch the doom & gloom merchants crawl out of the woodwork on here next season, if we don't match or better this season's achievements. Some don't need much excuse to have a moan.
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:44 - May 25 with 2971 viewsKilkennyjack

I would settle for a decade in the Premier League and the Academy recovery to continue so we get some local lads through at long last. That would be fantastic.

Beware of the Risen People

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:49 - May 25 with 2955 viewsSwansNZ

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:04 - May 25 by Tycoch_Tyrant

I might be in the minority, but I just can’t see any point in having a good cup run. We either go all the way and win the cup, or might as well lose in the first few rounds. I don’t even want to make a final only to lose, how bloody heart-breaking it that.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:49 - May 25 with 2948 viewsjack247

About where we are now. If Liverpool or Tottenham have a bad season and we have a good one, we could quite easily finish above them, which would have been a pretty much surreal thought even as recently as our promotion. Southampton are obviously catchable, I don't think there is a lot between the two sides. The two Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea are a different matter and it would an implosion for us to finish above any of them.

No reason we can't challenge for Europe on a regular basis and make a serious run at the cups. Staying ahead of the traditional big clubs like Everton, Villa and Newcastle will be a massive challenge if they get their houses in order.
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:50 - May 25 with 2948 viewsSwansNZ

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:44 - May 25 by Kilkennyjack

I would settle for a decade in the Premier League and the Academy recovery to continue so we get some local lads through at long last. That would be fantastic.

Wow, what ambition you have.

#BYHOFS

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:52 - May 25 with 2931 viewsDr_Winston

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:50 - May 25 by SwansNZ

Wow, what ambition you have.

#BYHOFS

If we're still a PL club when the academy is complete and the stadium expanded and paid for then we'll be set for years at this level.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:54 - May 25 with 2928 viewsSwansNZ

We’re only a couple of wins outside the top 5 now, Shirley, a Europa place in the top 5/6 would be a realistic target.

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:56 - May 25 with 2914 viewsSwansNZ

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:52 - May 25 by Dr_Winston

If we're still a PL club when the academy is complete and the stadium expanded and paid for then we'll be set for years at this level.

If we’re still a PL club when the expansion is completed, we’ll have been there a lot longer than 10 years.

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 21:00 - May 25 with 2903 viewsJokeren1943

The massive challange is not to make a wonderstrike with a 4th place one season.

The challange is to slowly built a squad which will perform consistent year after year.
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 21:11 - May 25 with 2869 viewsDr_Winston

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:56 - May 25 by SwansNZ

If we’re still a PL club when the expansion is completed, we’ll have been there a lot longer than 10 years.

Probably.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 21:43 - May 25 with 2802 viewsdeanscfc

Changed my mind. Champions league winners by 2019. Easy
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 22:07 - May 25 with 2770 viewsLeonisGod

We've got where we have off the back of teamwork with a sprinkling of quality. We'd need a massive injection of quality, and in depth too, if we're going to emulate cloughies Forest sides. we may strike lucky, but I don't think we could afford it.
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 23:19 - May 25 with 2684 viewsEdmundo

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 20:44 - May 25 by Kilkennyjack

Chuck in another cup final and one year in Europe, twice in Europe in 10 years and you've got my vote 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 12:54 - May 26 with 2544 viewsBloodyhills

I think we can Make Europa League places and with a fair wind, good form, avoidance of dodgy referee decisions and a few other miracles we could make Champions League.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 12:55 - May 26 with 2541 viewsBloodyhills

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 19:49 - May 25 by deanscfc

A top 6 club with an outside chance of top 4. Would need to keep building each year and having a larger stadium would be important.

Think increasing ground capacity is crucial.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 13:13 - May 26 with 2513 viewsbuilthjack

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 12:55 - May 26 by Bloodyhills

Absolutely. We need a minimum 27000 seats, and preferably 30-33000.
Really push on. Our expectations will be top 12 but with the aim of finishing top 6 every now and then. Can't really ask for much more besides a good cup run all the way to at least the semis every 5 years.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 15:54 - May 26 with 2420 viewsSgorioFruit

need a bigger stadium.
its as simple as that

that and an FA cup win
and also retain our premier league status.

dreams do come true

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 16:47 - May 26 with 2373 viewsQuakerJack

a century more like... I'd like to be a club that people talk about in 100 years time as never having been out of the premier league since those primitive i-pad things were all the rage

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 17:14 - May 26 with 2349 viewslonglostjack

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 16:47 - May 26 by QuakerJack

a century more like... I'd like to be a club that people talk about in 100 years time as never having been out of the premier league since those primitive i-pad things were all the rage

Continual top ten with European football and an FA Cup win to shut Crapdiff up once and for all. The pessimist in me agrees with Jokeren - a one-off top four finish too early could be dangerous.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 18:43 - May 26 with 2309 viewsStarsky

Here's a suggestion...

Why don't we build up a quality squad and take each game at a time and try and win every one of them. Whether that be League or CUP.

It's just the internet, init.

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 18:49 - May 26 with 2304 viewsStarsky

And to answer the OPs question.

I think we're looking at occasionally dislodging Everton Southampton and Spurs to finish 6/7th.

Playing in Europe and trying hard to win both domestic cups.

When you consider what we achieved with a misfiring forward line for 2 thirds of the season it's frightening.

We look forward to a full season of cork and naughton and if we can get this French guy to attack and overlap with his winger then, watch out

It's just the internet, init.

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 19:48 - May 26 with 2258 viewsdeanscfc

What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 12:55 - May 26 by Bloodyhills

Yep. It's about more than just increased revenue from ticket sales too. The best players want to play in front of more than 20,000 fans. We've done well with recruitment so far but if we have a 30,000 seater stadium as well as play good football we will be a more attractive prospect to the top 6 standard players.
What heights can Swansea realistically achieve? on 19:56 - May 26 with 2248 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What heights would people have said 12 years ago?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024