Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture 12:02 - Jul 3 with 9627 viewsperchrockjack

According to Russell brand...

Well HE is truly futile.

REALLY, a disgusting piece of unadulated human sewerage worthy only of contempt.

I really do wish him harm .Quote me on that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:00 - Jul 5 with 1320 viewsperchrockjack

Bloody hell

Take a look .

People are looking for reasons ?

Why?

We know why and the rest is navel gazing.

At a time when we are truly sick of IS, their acts ARE seen as justifiable -NOT BY ANYONE ON HERE.

The point is.. Nothing, not even the ludicrous but predicable "America" "oil" bollox, excuses IS. Brand is an opportunist as is Galloway. He s trotting out populist garbage to appear intelligent and "of the people".

IT IS NOT OUR FAULT....NOW you all got that.

Good, questions is; HOW TO FIGHT THEM

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:48 - Jul 5 with 1300 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:00 - Jul 5 by perchrockjack

Bloody hell

Take a look .

People are looking for reasons ?

Why?

We know why and the rest is navel gazing.

At a time when we are truly sick of IS, their acts ARE seen as justifiable -NOT BY ANYONE ON HERE.

The point is.. Nothing, not even the ludicrous but predicable "America" "oil" bollox, excuses IS. Brand is an opportunist as is Galloway. He s trotting out populist garbage to appear intelligent and "of the people".

IT IS NOT OUR FAULT....NOW you all got that.

Good, questions is; HOW TO FIGHT THEM

Im not sure how many more times you can be told that nobody is justifying IS or their actions. Killing innocent people is not justifiable ever. However you cant look at that just from one side. Us killing their innocent civilians is also not justifiable.

Because It does seem quite hypocritical however that on the back of 30 murders you want us to fight them and see it as justifiable. And then think it is completely incomprehensible that they should want to do the same to us after we murdered a million of theirs. I just cant understand how you refuse to look at the whole picture here.

Both sides are incredibly wrong. IS are wrong for targeting civilians and the western forces are wrong for what they have done for hundreds of years and murder millions of middle eastern civilians.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:53 - Jul 5 with 1289 viewsskippyjack

We educate terrorists for Isis recruitment.. FACT
We supply weapons to Jihadi terrorists.. FACT
Jihadi terrorists are having a cash flow problem.. FACT
Millions of British people are 'outraged' with these attacks.. FACT
Eurozone going through major financial crisis.. FACT
Billions of people are outraged with these terrorist attacks around Europe.. FACT

FACT!.. Can somebody put the last one in bold please.. How much money does world wide exposure bring in?.. Especially in the billion range?.. Like premier league ratings..

When stuff like this happens.. I just think 'MONEY' 'BUSINESS' straight away.. You put all the facts and figures together = conclusion..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:57 - Jul 5 with 1278 viewsskippyjack

People think Jihadi and Isis are for religious purposes.. Is it f*ck.. It's for financial gain.. I view terrorists as a business organisation.. Creating crime.. Specifically for fincial gain.. And power.. As I've said before..

View things as a business.. It becomes clear as day.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:08 - Jul 5 with 1266 viewsNeath_Jack

When did ISIS, become IS, then ISIL?

Is this another one of them hipster things where Muslims are Moslems?

I can't keep up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:10 - Jul 5 with 1255 viewsskippyjack

Maybe Brand didn't word it the way 'news' portrays it..

Maybe they misquoted and left a 'key' sentence out..for more 'outrage'.

It's a sad state of affairs whatever

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:11 - Jul 5 with 1254 viewsLord_Bony

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:08 - Jul 5 by Neath_Jack

When did ISIS, become IS, then ISIL?

Is this another one of them hipster things where Muslims are Moslems?

I can't keep up.

The group known variously as ISIL (Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant), ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria) or simply Islamic State is, originally, an offshoot of Al-Qaeda in Iraq. But while it shares a similar ideological outlook, ISIL has adopted a different strategy from its predecessor. What distinguishes the new armed group is its capture and occupation of swaths of territory, stretching from the outskirts of Aleppo, Syria’s largest city, eastward beyond Tikrit, Saddam Hussein’s war-torn hometown in Iraq.

ISIL has established what it calls a caliphate, with the northeastern Syrian city of Raqqa as its capital, and has imposed its harsh interpretation of Islamic law on areas under its control.

Whereas Al-Qaeda prioritized transnational attacks against the United States and its allies to galvanize support, ISIL’s leaders believe they can create a center of gravity for like-minded elements worldwide by building and defending a working quasi-state on the ground.

read more

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/9/18/isil-threat-explained.html

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:20 - Jul 5 with 1234 viewsperchrockjack

International relation experts tell us is isn't about religion or Islam based. Well, two women beheaded this week and two boys crucified for not observing Ramadan.

I lol say that again..not..observing...Ramadan.. Now, I may thick compared with jacandme,hump,controversial but I'd suggest Ramadan is most definitely religious.

Login to get fewer ads

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:16 - Jul 5 with 1189 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:20 - Jul 5 by perchrockjack

International relation experts tell us is isn't about religion or Islam based. Well, two women beheaded this week and two boys crucified for not observing Ramadan.

I lol say that again..not..observing...Ramadan.. Now, I may thick compared with jacandme,hump,controversial but I'd suggest Ramadan is most definitely religious.

Much like what we used to do then. Burn women alive or drown them if some cheese went bad. They certainly have a medieval way of life, horrible to hear, horrible to think about - but it simply is not our place to decide that the world must obey what we have come to find acceptable and not.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:17 - Jul 5 with 1188 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Indeed Perch

It's Muslims killing Muslims & the big powers out there in the Middle East are loving every minute of it.
It's part of the big plan out there

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:57 - Jul 5 with 1152 viewssherpajacob

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-carries-out-100

http://www.theguardian.com/world/defence-and-security-blog/2014/jun/23/egypt-sau

We sell £1.6 billion pounds of arms to a state that beheads people in public for a list of offences that include homosexuality, adultry, fornication and apostasy.

It is the ultimate hypocrisy to support saudi arabia whilst bombing syria and other countries.

In the past the simple minded good guys v bad guys argument has largely caused the current instability.

In 1979 the shah of iran was a good guy therefore the ayotallahs were bad guys.
saddam hussein attacked iran therefore he became a good guy, and we sold him shedloads of weapons.
the soviet union (bad guys) invaded Afghanistan so we gave loads of weapons to the taliban (good guys) to fight them.
colonel Gaddafi was a bad guy so we gave weapons to rebels to oust him, which has helped isis establish a powerbase.

The sooner we stop meddling in situations we do not understand and cannot control or predict and stop selling them arms the sooner the region will acheive some level of stability.
That would be the best possible tribute to those that have died.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 17:18 - Jul 5 with 1140 viewsperchrockjack

So again, the "justification" or reason for IS is our historical actions.

Wrong

Sorry, its not Muslim versus the rest/west... its IS and their belief in fundamental interpretation of the Qu ran.

Doesn't matter how much arms we ve sold or whom we support.

Its US AND THEM and we re in a war. Time now is not to blame ourselves and reflect but to take the fight to them because they will get worse.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 18:06 - Jul 5 with 1115 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Yea, let's continue to fight a war with unclear success criteria against an enemy we keep failing to understand. Sun Tzu step aside...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 18:08 - Jul 5 with 1108 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 17:18 - Jul 5 by perchrockjack

Wrong

Sorry, its not Muslim versus the rest/west... its IS and their belief in fundamental interpretation of the Qu ran.

Its US AND THEM and we re in a war. Time now is not to blame ourselves and reflect but to take the fight to them because they will get worse.

No, once again there is no justification for IS actions, not sure how many more times it can be said.

However the fact remains that the UK and the US lead the way in terms of murdering innocent civilians. I think it is incredibly short sighted to think we are the good guys in all of this. Both sides are incredibly wrong. If you think the 30 murders in Tunisia is an unforgivable evil then you must accept our murders in their territory of 35,000 times that number is also an unforgivable evil.

Once you come to that realisation then hopefully you can see the point that until we stop - they wont stop.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 18:21 - Jul 5 with 1073 viewssherpajacob

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 17:18 - Jul 5 by perchrockjack

Wrong

Saudia arabia operates sharia law and publically beheads people for a list of crimes that include homosexuality and apostasy.

Should we be going to war with them. They have got a powerful military, we should know we've sold them most of their weapons.

Once again, people are not justifying isis or terrorism..

Simply saying if we keep repeating our past mistakes we will never defeat the terrorist's.

Past mistakes include bankrolling the taliban against the soviet union which led directly to the formation of al queda
also isis was funded by the west in an attempt to topple assad and fight hezzbollah.

The good guys v bad guys argument is only for complete simpletons.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 18:42 - Jul 5 with 1038 viewsHighjack

Too many evil regimes in the world yet we only feel the need to intervene in select areas. We bomb the sh it out of the Middle East but conveniently ignore the atrocities in North Korea.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 18:48 - Jul 5 with 1026 viewsJackSomething

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 18:06 - Jul 5 by NeiltheTaylor

Yea, let's continue to fight a war with unclear success criteria against an enemy we keep failing to understand. Sun Tzu step aside...

Nicely put.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 18:49]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:47 - Jul 5 with 954 viewsDull1Thomas

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 18:42 - Jul 5 by Highjack

Too many evil regimes in the world yet we only feel the need to intervene in select areas. We bomb the sh it out of the Middle East but conveniently ignore the atrocities in North Korea.

and dismiss those in other parts of Africa.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:50 - Jul 5 with 947 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:47 - Jul 5 by Dull1Thomas

and dismiss those in other parts of Africa.

DRC is a shame on all humanity.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:52 - Jul 5 with 944 viewsLohengrin

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:50 - Jul 5 by NeiltheTaylor

DRC is a shame on all humanity.

They murdered Walk This Way!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:54 - Jul 5 with 937 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:52 - Jul 5 by Lohengrin

They murdered Walk This Way!

The first 12" I ever bought. I didn't know who Aerosmith were until then...

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:55 - Jul 5 with 936 viewsLohengrin

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 21:54 - Jul 5 by NeiltheTaylor

The first 12" I ever bought. I didn't know who Aerosmith were until then...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 22:01 - Jul 5 with 928 viewsLeonisGod

Two Muslims have crashed into the Thames Barrier in London. Police think it might be the start of Ram-a-dam.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 03:06 - Jul 6 with 858 viewsTownhill_Hilton

The trouble with history is, we all have one, and the deeper you go, the uglier it gets. Once upon a time, not only was Murdering and Stealing regarded as okay to do, they became things that were glorified and seen as ways to enrich not only yourself, but your families, which is how warriors, knights and kings, kingdoms and countries came about.
Empire building only went out of fashion after World War I and everybody was doing it. Europe has been regularly invading the Middle East since the Crusades, but hold on a minute, Islam invaded Europe too, and was only stopped in 732 at the battle of Tours by Charles Martel. Go back even further and Alexander The Great invaded not only the Middle East, but North Africa, India and Afghanistan. But before that the Persians had invaded Europe too, in 490 BC, being stopped by the Greeks. No one civilisation or country, or has been completely blameless.
You cannot view history with today's perspectives - not even recent history. Unless you grew up in the Cold War, you have no idea the real fear people had about the intentions of the Soviet Union - which is why most of those weapons got traded.
There are far more Russian weapons out there than, all the other European arms (more than 100 million AK47s) - which is why all the terrorists everywhere have them. Many more people have died from an AK47 round than any other weapon - including those in Tunisia. As you like to say on here, FACT.
There are always victims and perpetrators.
So stop being so damn naive, and actually get a perspective on things.
IS and its activities may have some residual causes from Western interventions et al, but there is an equally compelling case to say that more likely to be a manifestation of the dysfunctional societies it springs from - and for that you have to look at the teachings of their holy book - which in some passages can be seen to encourage slavery, murder, subjugation of women, sex with children et al. There is no denying those passages exist - and while The Bible also has many passages which people no longer adhere to, the western world has been through several reformations and enlightenment, which has so far eluded those that use the Koran to justify their actions.
The strength of the west is that, while it is not perfect, it is the least worse alternative, and by and large, through democracy continues to EVOLVE, to give more people a better chance at a decent life.
That is why it is right, and proper as a society to honour INNOECENT victims of extremism, and why Russell Brand is wrong to use this as another sound bite to satiate his ego.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture (n/t) on 04:59 - Jul 6 with 851 viewsjackharris

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 11:28 - Jul 4 by Jacandme

Im afraid that is pure rubbish. Not one person has excused or justified IS or the atrocities they carry out. Please show me even one example of what you are claiming. I have re-read the thread several times and see nothing of the sort. I assume you are now acting like the other poster who has been asked to explain their knee jerk reactions after understanding 5% of the story.

Do you realise that we have killed or seriously injured 2.7 million of their people in recent times. So think the 30 on the Tunisian beach and times it by almost 90,000! To put it in persecutive further - that is pretty much the entire population of Wales. Murdered or seriously injured at the hands of UK, US and Western troops.

That isn't justification of their retaliation or deep seeded hate, that is simply explaining the reason behind it. There is no justification for killing innocent people, none. But what we can do is realise why it is happening and do our best to stop the cause. Which would be far more beneficial that being silent for a minute. Otherwise next month, we may well be having another, and another and another.

That unfortunately is the best I can do to explain it, if you still think that is justifying it or making a case why they deserved to die then I can do no more.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 11:34]

I think you are a complete and utter c*nt! If we want to have a minutes silence for f*cking innocent holiday makers we will have a F*cking minutes silence! All governments are corrupt! But never ever justify innocent people being murdered because of the past cock ups of previous Governments! I don't give a flying f*ck where the guns originate from. I give a flying F*ck that some evil chicken of a bloke used a gun on unarmed peaceful tourists!

You seem to have plucked 2.7m from somewhere. What the f*ck have they got to do with 30 innocent Brits murdered on Holiday, do they deserve to be murdered for the actions of our Governments?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 5:16]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024