Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Best Summer Yet? 06:41 - Jul 4 with 2689 viewsPhil_S

I am not sure that our summer transfer dealings could have gone any better than we have done as we get the strength that we need in the key areas where we knew it was light last season.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39159

On A Scale Of 1-10 (1=Low, 10=High) Rate This Summer's Transfer Dealings?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Our Best Summer Yet? on 06:53 - Jul 4 with 2682 viewsSwan91

I'll say 9 it will be a 10 for me if we bring in a young striker and young goalkeeper. Definitely our best transfer window though I think.

Just need to focus on the youth level and prospects.
Our Best Summer Yet? on 08:44 - Jul 4 with 2598 viewsSwaneeRiver

I have gone with 9-10.
Garry and his assistants know what they feel they need to strengthen the squad and have gone all out to get it.
I think it's up to us fans to be patient.
IMO we should be targeting a top six finish and the FA Cup.
However as long as we have an exciting and successful season, a top ten finish would be fine for me
Our Best Summer Yet? on 08:47 - Jul 4 with 2594 viewsGowerjack

How can we tell?

None of us have seen the new signings play.

They might all be cack.

I'll reserve judgement.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Our Best Summer Yet? on 08:54 - Jul 4 with 2582 viewsSwaneeRiver

Our Best Summer Yet? on 08:47 - Jul 4 by Gowerjack

How can we tell?

They might all be cack.

I'll reserve judgement.

In past seasons we have targeted players, but not managed to sign them
In that respect it has been successful close season so far
Our Best Summer Yet? on 09:05 - Jul 4 with 2552 viewswhiterock

Remember the year when we signed Tony Bird and Dave O'Gorman from Barry, how excited was I? And didn't Cussak sign 9 players, I thought we were in for a good season, what about Barry Wellings, Jamie Wood and my favourite who should have done better, Andrew Mumford

easily pleased back then
Our Best Summer Yet? on 09:24 - Jul 4 with 2521 viewsjacktar

It is equally important that we hold on to all those players we already have, and want to keep. I think if we do that, then it will be the best summer yet.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Our Best Summer Yet? on 10:27 - Jul 4 with 2459 viewsSwaneeRiver

Our Best Summer Yet? on 09:24 - Jul 4 by jacktar

It is equally important that we hold on to all those players we already have, and want to keep. I think if we do that, then it will be the best summer yet.

I second this
Our Best Summer Yet? on 10:29 - Jul 4 with 2454 viewsjacksinceever

Our Best Summer Yet? on 10:27 - Jul 4 by SwaneeRiver

I second this

I third it
Login to get fewer ads

Our Best Summer Yet? on 13:47 - Jul 4 with 2289 viewsdobjack2

As ever hindsight will give us the answer. So far though looks good, building on our signings in the last 2 transfer windows.
Our Best Summer Yet? on 15:42 - Jul 4 with 2217 viewsStarsky

Our Best Summer Yet? on 08:47 - Jul 4 by Gowerjack

How can we tell?

They might all be cack.

I'll reserve judgement.

Well... I think we signed our players earlier than normal and we don't appear to have to lose anyone we don't want to...
And the class of players we signed look very promising.
An international goalkeeper for our reserves?
Get in!
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 2:45]

It's just the internet, init.

Our Best Summer Yet? on 17:15 - Jul 4 with 2130 viewsAnotherJohn

Things certainly look very positive. However, there is an element of gamble with overseas players in terms of how well they will settle in the EPL, so I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Being a natural 'worrier' I look for potential weaknesses. One possible issue is that our three main strikers going into the season have a grand total of seven EPL goals to date (naturally I hope their European form is a better guide).. The other is that I don't think Rangel could cover at right back for more than a few games in a run. So I would say wait and see when it comes to best-ever summer.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 6:28]
Our Best Summer Yet? on 02:47 - Jul 5 with 1892 viewsStarsky

Our Best Summer Yet? on 17:15 - Jul 4 by AnotherJohn

Things certainly look very positive. However, there is an element of gamble with overseas players in terms of how well they will settle in the EPL, so I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Being a natural 'worrier' I look for potential weaknesses. One possible issue is that our three main strikers going into the season have a grand total of seven EPL goals to date (naturally I hope their European form is a better guide).. The other is that I don't think Rangel could cover at right back for more than a few games in a run. So I would say wait and see when it comes to best-ever summer.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 6:28]

For someone who is a well known worrier on here... I'd have loved to see you posing when we were shyte back in the day, lol.

It's just the internet, init.

Our Best Summer Yet? on 06:42 - Jul 5 with 1864 viewsAnotherJohn

Our Best Summer Yet? on 02:47 - Jul 5 by Starsky

For someone who is a well known worrier on here... I'd have loved to see you posing when we were shyte back in the day, lol.

As you'll know from following the team over the years, things don't always work out as we hope. Who would have thought, for instance, that Tosh's team would implode after that sixth place finish? Some younger Jacks may not have experienced the unexpected disappointments because - amazingly and at great credit to the board - it has been onwards and upwards for a long time now, but if we remember history we should be prepared for a more difficult season at some point. Hope it isn't this one though. Will still hold myself back from talking about best-ever signings until we see the new lads in action. P.S. I admit to being a poster but hope I'm not a 'poser',
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 10:21]
Our Best Summer Yet? on 08:45 - Jul 5 with 1791 viewsraynor94

Our Best Summer Yet? on 06:42 - Jul 5 by AnotherJohn

As you'll know from following the team over the years, things don't always work out as we hope. Who would have thought, for instance, that Tosh's team would implode after that sixth place finish? Some younger Jacks may not have experienced the unexpected disappointments because - amazingly and at great credit to the board - it has been onwards and upwards for a long time now, but if we remember history we should be prepared for a more difficult season at some point. Hope it isn't this one though. Will still hold myself back from talking about best-ever signings until we see the new lads in action. P.S. I admit to being a poster but hope I'm not a 'poser',
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 10:21]

But there's worrying, and then there's negativity, there's no doubt which heading you come under

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Our Best Summer Yet? on 10:16 - Jul 5 with 1724 viewsAnotherJohn

Our Best Summer Yet? on 08:45 - Jul 5 by raynor94

But there's worrying, and then there's negativity, there's no doubt which heading you come under

Some would say that one form of negativity is constant sniping at fellow posters without actually saying anything new - what in the past I 've called meta-babble - and we know whose game that is. But anyway I'll heed the warning, constable!

I'm looking forward to the new season, but as I say not wanting to tempt fate by crowing about how well we'll do.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 13:41]
Our Best Summer Yet? on 11:46 - Jul 5 with 1663 viewsGlyn1

We're definitely weaker than last season with our strikers - losing Bony for Eder - but we are significantly stronger everywhere else on the pitch. Gomis seems to score his goals in streaks so if he gets a bit of a goal drought we'll need everyone to do a better job than last season in that area.

OK, negativity over. I think that so far the club has had an outstanding season. For the next two months of the transfer window they just need to keep our own players or get big, big money for them. Presumably they're still scouting possible replacements just in case.

And these are the people to thank or blame:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/03/premier-league-transfers-wh

"David Leadbeater, head of recruitment, Tim Henderson, technical recruitment scout, and George Foster, head of European scouting, are the key figures when it comes to the identification of players. Garry Monk, Swansea’s manager, also draws up his own targets. Swansea like to watch potential signings over a long period of time — André Ayew was tracked for two years and likewise Bafetimbi Gomis — and Monk is heavily involved in the final selection process. The names are fed to Huw Jenkins, the chairman, whose total control of negotiations expedites the process. Monk and Jenkins have to be in agreement for a player to be brought in."
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 12:39]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Our Best Summer Yet? on 13:13 - Jul 5 with 1594 viewsDull1Thomas

Four decent signings (as far as we can tell) but as yet we don't know who is leaving or who else might be coming in.
Left back has been needed for a couple of seasons. Even when Ben was in & Taylor injured there wasn't a ready made replacement.
Once goalkeepers were released we had to get another capable of being at Tremmel's level, at least & Nordfjeldt fits that bill.
Ayew & Eder have good pedigree and would seem to be improvements on Oliveira.
Being linked with a number of defenders sounds like we will be seeing more leaving once Monk has replacements in (pos. for Leon & Bartley).

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024