Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budget hitting the young ? 18:57 - Jul 8 with 11224 viewstrampie

Grants for students from the poorest families gone replaced with loan's.
No housing benefit for under 21's.
Living wage for people only over 25.

So if you are a young person from a poor family and can't afford to go to university because the grants have gone and you don't want a loan and you decide to try and get a job and get one, you are likely to receive a smaller wage than somebody over 25 for doing exactly the same job, since your pay is likely to be low you might then struggle to pay your rent and you wont be able to get housing benefit until you are 21.

Seems very unfair on young people, the Tories will always look to make the rich richer [inheritance tax raised to a million pound], people on benefits were always going to be hit, but i'm surprised how hard they have hit the young.

The Tories are set fair for the next decade but after that the oldies that have done well will die out and will be replaced by the youngsters who perhaps wont have done so well [less pay relatively, greater hours, worse pensions, working to a greater age etc as well as a poorer health service and welfare system] and they might punish the Tories down the line.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:26 - Jul 12 with 1423 viewsBanosswan

I don't understand how so many people know who their parents voted for? I haven't a clue who my parents voted for, I formed my own opinions (granted influenced by how I was raised). I really hope we don't get to the totally nuts polarised situation they have in the usa, but I feel it's creeping ever closer.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:27 - Jul 12 with 1423 viewsHighjack

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:51 - Jul 11 by exiledclaseboy

"I naturally assumed it would hit people in the north, guests on the Jeremy Kyle show and the Muslims. That's why I voted Tory."

Arf. It's funny 'cos it's true. The minority of people who somehow managed to provide thus lot with a parliamentary majority have no idea what they've done.

Are you suggesting that universal suffrage, i.e giving votes to stupid people is a bad thing?

I've been banging that drum for years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:41 - Jul 12 with 1413 viewssherpajacob

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:47 - Jul 8 by Dyfnant

Unless they intended to live in the family home. How would you like a 15% tax bill if left a parental house!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2015 23:50]

If my parents house was worth £1m, i could get myself quite a nice pad and still have change to buy myself a rolex, mercedes and a holiday in dubai, even after paying £140k in iht.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:47 - Jul 12 with 1386 viewsBanosswan

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:41 - Jul 12 by sherpajacob

If my parents house was worth £1m, i could get myself quite a nice pad and still have change to buy myself a rolex, mercedes and a holiday in dubai, even after paying £140k in iht.

But why should you?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Budget hitting the young ? on 00:18 - Jul 13 with 1370 viewsMorfa_Same

The old seem to be untouchable for this government, whereas the young are getting an absolute kicking. All because the old are very likely to vote and the young are not.

The tories don't care about fairness, all they care about is votes. Cunning bastards.
Budget hitting the young ? on 00:24 - Jul 13 with 1366 viewsskippyjack

"I naturally assumed it would hit people in the north, guests on the Jeremy Kyle show and the Muslims. That's why I voted Tory."

Arf. It's funny 'cos it's true. The minority of people who somehow managed to provide thus lot with a parliamentary majority have no idea what they've done.

Well.. Labour put us in financial turmoil... Tories are doing what Tories do.. Establishing order.. The cuts are for Labour tw*ts having a financial knees up while putting the eurozone on the financial scrapheap.

Voting for Labour would have potentially ended Greece..

These Union c*nts need a slap around the lughole.. We all know what the Tories were going to do..

So who are you going to vote for? Labour?.. I'm not sure why people earning under 30k vote for Labour.. F*cking morons if you do.. If you vote for the Tories moronic.

Ukip.. Getting out of Europe isn't the worst idea.. But then you've got people potentially losing their jobs..plus they were willing to put the foreign aid on hold to stop the Tories making exuberant cuts..

The SNP will help Scotland massively.. Labour will blame Wales problems on the Tories..

So how do you vote?.. By 2020.. UKIP will gain more seats.. Not because it's 'racist'.. Because they'll see the Eurozone sending countries into the 3rd world..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Budget hitting the young ? on 00:30 - Jul 13 with 1362 viewstrampie

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:19 - Jul 10 by sherpajacob

Actually maggie, never got a majority of the people that voted, not even in england.

But our electoral system meant she got the majority of seats. The same applies for tony blair.

It means we get governments that the majority of people dont want, and for millions of people a vote doesnt count for anything as it doesn't elect an mp.

Having the most votes is a majority, having more votes than everybody else combined is an absolute majority. Mrs Thatcher had the majority of English votes and an absolute majority of English seats.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Budget hitting the young ? on 01:11 - Jul 13 with 1346 viewsBanosswan

Budget hitting the young ? on 00:30 - Jul 13 by trampie

Having the most votes is a majority, having more votes than everybody else combined is an absolute majority. Mrs Thatcher had the majority of English votes and an absolute majority of English seats.

You do realise this was over thirty years ago? What new directions should the opposition take?

Login to get fewer ads

Budget hitting the young ? on 01:56 - Jul 13 with 1339 viewsDyfnant

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:41 - Jul 12 by sherpajacob

Let's assume your one of 5 kids, would you then be happy enough with 30k coming out of your £200k inheritance.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Budget hitting the young ? on 07:14 - Jul 13 with 1298 viewstrampie

Budget hitting the young ? on 01:11 - Jul 13 by Banosswan

You do realise this was over thirty years ago? What new directions should the opposition take?

I would say it would be advantageous for the main opposition party to have distinctly different policies to the party of Government to stimulate debate and to be a real alternative.

Budget hitting the young ? on 07:31 - Jul 13 with 1288 viewssherpajacob

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:47 - Jul 12 by Banosswan

But why should you?

Because teachers and nurses would need the money more than me.

Budget hitting the young ? on 13:41 - Jul 13 with 1222 viewsskippyjack

The student grants to loans initiative is only targeting students from England.. not Wales.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Budget hitting the young ? on 14:59 - Jul 13 with 1197 viewssherpajacob

Budget hitting the young ? on 01:56 - Jul 13 by Dyfnant

Let's assume your one of 5 kids, would you then be happy enough with 30k coming out of your £200k inheritance.

£170K is more than enough to pay off my current mortgage. So id be happy. If it was a major concern a whole of life policy on my folks would do the job.

Budget hitting the young ? on 15:01 - Jul 13 with 1195 viewsexiledclaseboy

Budget hitting the young ? on 00:24 - Jul 13 by skippyjack

Well.. Labour put us in financial turmoil... Tories are doing what Tories do.. Establishing order.. The cuts are for Labour tw*ts having a financial knees up while putting the eurozone on the financial scrapheap.

Voting for Labour would have potentially ended Greece..

These Union c*nts need a slap around the lughole.. We all know what the Tories were going to do..

So who are you going to vote for? Labour?.. I'm not sure why people earning under 30k vote for Labour.. F*cking morons if you do.. If you vote for the Tories moronic.

Ukip.. Getting out of Europe isn't the worst idea.. But then you've got people potentially losing their jobs..plus they were willing to put the foreign aid on hold to stop the Tories making exuberant cuts..

The SNP will help Scotland massively.. Labour will blame Wales problems on the Tories..

So how do you vote?.. By 2020.. UKIP will gain more seats.. Not because it's 'racist'.. Because they'll see the Eurozone sending countries into the 3rd world..

Who do people earning the sum total of f*ck all vote for then, Skip? Do tell us

Poll: Tory leader

Budget hitting the young ? on 15:16 - Jul 13 with 1187 viewslondonlisa2001

Budget hitting the young ? on 15:01 - Jul 13 by exiledclaseboy

Who do people earning the sum total of f*ck all vote for then, Skip? Do tell us

Did you have to?? Really??
Budget hitting the young ? on 15:19 - Jul 13 with 1185 viewsexiledclaseboy

Budget hitting the young ? on 15:16 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

Did you have to?? Really??

Look, I haven't worked for a month and I'm back tomorrow. Allow me a little last day off amusement.

Budget hitting the young ? on 15:28 - Jul 13 with 1180 viewsjackonicko

Quite right.

I never voted for a party to increase the minimum wage by 30% to be a living wage over the next parliament. Who on earth do they think they are?

If Ed Milliband had suggested that in his manifesto, he would have been laughed off the stage as economically incompetent and bad for business.

I only voted for them as I thought they were bad for foxes, not business. I've been duped.
Budget hitting the young ? on 15:29 - Jul 13 with 1178 viewsexiledclaseboy

Budget hitting the young ? on 15:28 - Jul 13 by jackonicko

Quite right.

I never voted for a party to increase the minimum wage by 30% to be a living wage over the next parliament. Who on earth do they think they are?

If Ed Milliband had suggested that in his manifesto, he would have been laughed off the stage as economically incompetent and bad for business.

I only voted for them as I thought they were bad for foxes, not business. I've been duped.

Oh behave yourself.

Budget hitting the young ? on 17:08 - Jul 13 with 1132 viewsskippyjack

Budget hitting the young ? on 15:19 - Jul 13 by exiledclaseboy

Look, I haven't worked for a month and I'm back tomorrow. Allow me a little last day off amusement.

You actually get kicks from an internet forum?..

Budget hitting the young ? on 17:44 - Jul 13 with 1107 viewslondonlisa2001

Budget hitting the young ? on 17:08 - Jul 13 by skippyjack

You actually get kicks from an internet forum?..

I was reading this week Skip that there are loads of young men in China who lock themselves in tiny rooms for months, just looking at the internet and playing games etc.

To be fair, they're probably skilled types, which is why they're a bit weird :-)
Budget hitting the young ? on 18:10 - Jul 13 with 1110 viewsskippyjack

Budget hitting the young ? on 17:44 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

I was reading this week Skip that there are loads of young men in China who lock themselves in tiny rooms for months, just looking at the internet and playing games etc.

To be fair, they're probably skilled types, which is why they're a bit weird :-)

Yeah.. millions of them.. playing WOW..COD..RPGs are their favourites.. they're gaming gods in China.. unbelievably skilled at gaming.

Budget hitting the young ? on 18:14 - Jul 13 with 1104 viewslondonlisa2001

Budget hitting the young ? on 18:10 - Jul 13 by skippyjack

Yeah.. millions of them.. playing WOW..COD..RPGs are their favourites.. they're gaming gods in China.. unbelievably skilled at gaming.

There you go - I knew they would be skilled ...

By the way - those letters - they mean nothing to me. But I assume COD is Call of Duty? I don't play games, although I have a playstation 2 and I briefly enjoyed the one where you drive round like a loon killing people for a while! I used to play when the Swans lost to ease my tortured soul.
Budget hitting the young ? on 18:33 - Jul 13 with 1089 viewsskippyjack

Budget hitting the young ? on 18:14 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

There you go - I knew they would be skilled ...

By the way - those letters - they mean nothing to me. But I assume COD is Call of Duty? I don't play games, although I have a playstation 2 and I briefly enjoyed the one where you drive round like a loon killing people for a while! I used to play when the Swans lost to ease my tortured soul.

world of warcraft.. RPG = role playing game.. and it's Grand theft auto.. that loon game

Budget hitting the young ? on 18:38 - Jul 13 with 1082 viewslondonlisa2001

Budget hitting the young ? on 18:33 - Jul 13 by skippyjack

world of warcraft.. RPG = role playing game.. and it's Grand theft auto.. that loon game

that's it! That one is good fun, albeit I guess a bit sick - good fun though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024