Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. 10:00 - Aug 4 with 11241 viewsJackfath

It's been written many times on here, but what really is the reason(s) that this isn't happening. Do we as fans have a right to know what is really going on and the reasons why it hasn't happened? Look at the speed the CCFC built their to tier, little fuss and it was done, it makes us as their big idols seem somewhat backward.

Should there be an "inquest" into what's going on so we all know where we stand? Pun intended.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 1604 viewslondonlisa2001

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 09:39 - Aug 5 by johnlangy

The ONLY thing that will generate a multi million naming rights contract is the fact the Swans are in the Premier League. The link for the company involved will be between them and the PL and the Swans. If they require faces to front the naming and any ongoing PL connections it will be the Swans they come to so the Club are in a perfect position even though it doesn't yet own the stadium.

Of course the naming contract could/should be linked to the purchase. I don't know what numbers other Clubs get for their stadium naming rights but it's certainly in the millions so if the council are guaranteed, say, £3 m a year for the next 5 years as a result of the Swans signing the deal they may be more than happy for that to be a large part of the purchase price.

Man City only pay Manchester council £2m a year for their naming deal with Etihad which is worth millions and millions.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:57 - Aug 5 with 1602 viewslondonlisa2001

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:01 - Aug 5 by whiterock

SSMC (not the council) get 15% of a full house, and naming rights is less than a million

People keep ignoring the difference - we get a third of SSMC as well and it covers all the running costs of the stadium which otherwise we'd have to pay out.

And those naming rights have just run out - I can't quite believe that we haven't heard anything about that (unless they've negotiated a short term deal with Liberty to carry on until sorted). Weird if the stadium is just going to allow them to retain rights without a new agreement.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 13:46 - Aug 5 with 1493 viewsskippyjack

Well my opinion is.. if we expand, we'll have to go into a co-ownership with Swansea Council.. I'm not surprised it's being delayed.. that 70m+ debt makes this expansion drag..

....while Cardiff obviously get the 'rub'.

It's an economic and political matter.. imo.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 13:49 - Aug 5 with 1483 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:46 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

What on earth are you talking about?

All I have said is that is that we haven't expanded and we need to do so - hardly a conspiracy theory is it?

We've obviously prioritised other things (which I acknowledged and said I agree with) and now we need to push on.

Your incessant need to boost your fragile ego to show you are 'in the know' is boring.

All planning issues that may be raised or may have been raised to date will be addressed when the club decides to move on with the project - at that point I'm sure we'll see an amended planning application with details of everything from designs to traffic plans.

The entire planning process will be fully visible to everyone as it has to be published on the council's planning site - that's the way it works and people / interested parties will be allowed to comment as part of the public consultation. No one at the club or at the council will be allowed to ignore the rules behind how these processes work, no matter how much you think that there'll be stuff that only you know.

I have told you before I'm not in the know, It's only your paranoia that keeps making you think that. It's also hardly breaking news to say the liberty needs expanding , everyone knows this. IMO the expansion will only go ahead when the finance, planning consent and probably stadium ownership is sorted out. Who knows they may push on with the expansion without the stadium ownership being sorted and if that's the case, could cause delays i.e (negotiating )spending millions on something you don't own. I simply don't buy into Huw and the rest of the board are playing games etc.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:06 - Aug 5 with 1460 viewsskippyjack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 09:40 - Aug 5 by Darran

The stadium is clearly not being used to its full potential,buy it,extend it and fulfill its potential.
Quids in.

Darran, I've been reading this forum for a while, but that's probably in the top 10 of worthy posts you've ever contributed.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:12 - Aug 5 with 1446 viewslondonlisa2001

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 13:49 - Aug 5 by dgt73

I have told you before I'm not in the know, It's only your paranoia that keeps making you think that. It's also hardly breaking news to say the liberty needs expanding , everyone knows this. IMO the expansion will only go ahead when the finance, planning consent and probably stadium ownership is sorted out. Who knows they may push on with the expansion without the stadium ownership being sorted and if that's the case, could cause delays i.e (negotiating )spending millions on something you don't own. I simply don't buy into Huw and the rest of the board are playing games etc.

I didn't say you were in the know - I said you wanted to make it seem like you were.

I also didn't say that the board were playing games, I said that they hadn't as yet shown any real desire to get it done.

If they had, it would be getting done and any issues would be dealt with. This is simply common sense. And you're right - it is not breaking news to say it requires expansion - my point was simply that unless it starts being pushed forward this year, that, in my view, is reckless. There comes a point when the surveys and questionnaires need to stop and they need to get on with it. And the whole 'don't own' bit has turned into a given - go back a couple of years (or less actually) and it was never mentioned.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:23 - Aug 5 with 1426 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:12 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

I didn't say you were in the know - I said you wanted to make it seem like you were.

I also didn't say that the board were playing games, I said that they hadn't as yet shown any real desire to get it done.

If they had, it would be getting done and any issues would be dealt with. This is simply common sense. And you're right - it is not breaking news to say it requires expansion - my point was simply that unless it starts being pushed forward this year, that, in my view, is reckless. There comes a point when the surveys and questionnaires need to stop and they need to get on with it. And the whole 'don't own' bit has turned into a given - go back a couple of years (or less actually) and it was never mentioned.

I have said more than a few times to you I'm not in the know, so if I've said that why would i want to make out I'm in the know ?. So you think that because the board don't announce publicly every meeting and every step that's being made - this shows a lack of desire lol PMSL. You don't have to be in the know to say what you are saying Lisa is a load of crap, unless you have some concrete evidence to back up your claims......I won't hold my breath.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:23 - Aug 5 with 1423 viewsjasper_T

Buying the stadium means taking on all its expenses while gaining a percentage of the rugby takings (from the 10 people who show up) and whatever other massive money-spinning events it currently hosts. Plus the 10-25% of our own tickets we're paying out now, whatever it is.

Would see better value throwing £40k a week on a third-choice striker like some on this forum seem to want.
Login to get fewer ads

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:26 - Aug 5 with 1413 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:23 - Aug 5 by jasper_T

Buying the stadium means taking on all its expenses while gaining a percentage of the rugby takings (from the 10 people who show up) and whatever other massive money-spinning events it currently hosts. Plus the 10-25% of our own tickets we're paying out now, whatever it is.

Would see better value throwing £40k a week on a third-choice striker like some on this forum seem to want.

And this IMO is probably the biggest stumbling block - the stadium ownership. No doubt it'll get sorted in the end.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:35 - Aug 5 with 1406 viewslondonlisa2001

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:23 - Aug 5 by dgt73

I have said more than a few times to you I'm not in the know, so if I've said that why would i want to make out I'm in the know ?. So you think that because the board don't announce publicly every meeting and every step that's being made - this shows a lack of desire lol PMSL. You don't have to be in the know to say what you are saying Lisa is a load of crap, unless you have some concrete evidence to back up your claims......I won't hold my breath.

The whole 'everything about the planning application is detailed on the planning site because it has to be' is beyond you isn't it?

God, you're stupid.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:03 - Aug 5 with 1366 viewsskippyjack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:35 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

The whole 'everything about the planning application is detailed on the planning site because it has to be' is beyond you isn't it?

God, you're stupid.

No, I'm stupid, he's just thick.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:04 - Aug 5 with 1366 viewsJackSomething

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:26 - Aug 5 by dgt73

And this IMO is probably the biggest stumbling block - the stadium ownership. No doubt it'll get sorted in the end.

If that's the case, why wasn't buying the stadium before expanding mentioned at all by the club during our first 2 seasons in the Prem? There was plenty of talk about 'work starting in January' of our second season in this league, but no mention of having to own the stadium first.

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that the main reason to buy the stadium is to make the club more attractive to potential investors/buyers.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:34 - Aug 5 with 1329 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:35 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

God, you're stupid.

Yes i know everything is there in the application, but you still don't know what is going on, in terms of meetings of the Swans board , do you, otherwise you wouldn't come out with such crap, such as lack of desire lol.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:41 - Aug 5 with 1317 viewsDarran

God, you're stupid.

Don't take this the wrong way Lis but it's pretty f^cking stupid to continually reply to the Troll.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 15:42]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:44 - Aug 5 with 1314 viewslondonlisa2001

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:34 - Aug 5 by dgt73

Yes i know everything is there in the application, but you still don't know what is going on, in terms of meetings of the Swans board , do you, otherwise you wouldn't come out with such crap, such as lack of desire lol.

Oh dear, you're finding it hard to walk that tightrope between telling us you're not in the know and insinuating you know what's discussed in Swans' board meetings aren't you?
Otherwise why do you think It is they're not sitting there saying - bugger it - let's not bother eh?
Lol, PMSL , ROFL etc etc
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:49 - Aug 5 with 1310 viewslondonlisa2001

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:41 - Aug 5 by Darran

Don't take this the wrong way Lis but it's pretty f^cking stupid to continually reply to the Troll.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 15:42]

I'm in the hairdressers Darran, waiting for my colour, so it's passing the time rather than reading about Caitlyn Jenner in Vanity Fair :-)
I don't disagree with your point though but it is funny seeing him tie himself up in knots!
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:54 - Aug 5 with 1303 viewsDarran

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:49 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

I'm in the hairdressers Darran, waiting for my colour, so it's passing the time rather than reading about Caitlyn Jenner in Vanity Fair :-)
I don't disagree with your point though but it is funny seeing him tie himself up in knots!

What colour we going for Lis pillar box red seems all the rage.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:55 - Aug 5 with 1302 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:44 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

Oh dear, you're finding it hard to walk that tightrope between telling us you're not in the know and insinuating you know what's discussed in Swans' board meetings aren't you?
Otherwise why do you think It is they're not sitting there saying - bugger it - let's not bother eh?
Lol, PMSL , ROFL etc etc

You're becoming paranoid again Lisa lol. You said the lack of "disire" but you can't back that up with any evidence, can you ? Are you going grey ?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:06 - Aug 5 with 1284 viewslondonlisa2001

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:54 - Aug 5 by Darran

What colour we going for Lis pillar box red seems all the rage.

I am maintaining my glorious brunette with a hint of summer sunshine Darran.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:08 - Aug 5 with 1281 viewsDarran

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:06 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

I am maintaining my glorious brunette with a hint of summer sunshine Darran.

Very nice.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:12 - Aug 5 with 1272 viewslondonlisa2001

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:08 - Aug 5 by Darran

Very nice.

Thank you - that means a lot coming from one with such a fine head of hair as yourself :-)
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:20 - Aug 5 with 1260 viewsDarran

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:12 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

Thank you - that means a lot coming from one with such a fine head of hair as yourself :-)

Indeed you have to maintain the mane.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:26 - Aug 5 with 1249 viewsairedale

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:20 - Aug 5 by Darran

Indeed you have to maintain the mane.

Oh yes, tell me about it.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:31 - Aug 5 with 1245 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:12 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

Well i think he looks a scruffy tw@t, but each to their own i suppose.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 22:14 - Aug 5 with 1070 viewsScoobyWho

I dyed my pubes green once.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024