Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. 10:00 - Aug 4 with 11242 viewsJackfath

It's been written many times on here, but what really is the reason(s) that this isn't happening. Do we as fans have a right to know what is really going on and the reasons why it hasn't happened? Look at the speed the CCFC built their to tier, little fuss and it was done, it makes us as their big idols seem somewhat backward.

Should there be an "inquest" into what's going on so we all know where we stand? Pun intended.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 22:15 - Aug 5 with 1802 viewsxmastree

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:31 - Aug 5 by dgt73

Well i think he looks a scruffy tw@t, but each to their own i suppose.

Put simply, once again,none of us has a clue what is going on. Its nice to summise tho. You would think we are all sitting around the board room table discussing the way forward. We arent and we can all chuck figures into the pot but in reality we know nothing about what is happening.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 22:36 - Aug 5 with 1755 viewslonglostjack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 22:15 - Aug 5 by xmastree

Put simply, once again,none of us has a clue what is going on. Its nice to summise tho. You would think we are all sitting around the board room table discussing the way forward. We arent and we can all chuck figures into the pot but in reality we know nothing about what is happening.

I thought this thread threw up a lot of interesting points. It would be a dull old world if nobody voiced an opinion because they weren't aware of all the facts.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 00:43 - Aug 6 with 1666 viewsDull1Thomas

The Cardiff site could easily be developed.
The infrastructure for parking, ingress and egress didn't impact on the residential areas.
Cardiff owned the ground & don't share (after the Blues told them where to stick it).
Tan got to lend them more money and look forward to more interest.
They believed they were going to win the Champions League and needed more space for the 10s of thousands of RealMadrid fans who would want to pay homage to the home of Craig Bellamy.
Welsh FA Pushed for extra seating to bid for European Cup games to be hosted in Wales.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 06:19 - Aug 6 with 1623 viewsDr_Winston

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:04 - Aug 5 by JackSomething

If that's the case, why wasn't buying the stadium before expanding mentioned at all by the club during our first 2 seasons in the Prem? There was plenty of talk about 'work starting in January' of our second season in this league, but no mention of having to own the stadium first.

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that the main reason to buy the stadium is to make the club more attractive to potential investors/buyers.

As soon as the idea of selling up to whatever random billionaire pitched up gained traction the will to expand decreased. No doubt in my mind that certain parties would have preferred to have cashed in before having to find the money to fund it.

It's only really since that deal fell through the more noises have been made about expansion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:45 - Aug 6 with 1487 viewswhiterock

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 06:19 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

As soon as the idea of selling up to whatever random billionaire pitched up gained traction the will to expand decreased. No doubt in my mind that certain parties would have preferred to have cashed in before having to find the money to fund it.

It's only really since that deal fell through the more noises have been made about expansion.

Was always a timing thing, my priority would have been
1 Squad acquisition
2 First team training facilities
3 Expansion, both phases
4 Category One and all that entails (Landore etc)
5 Purchase

1 and 2 had to happen but others could have been swapped
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:29 - Aug 6 with 1460 viewsswans11

Need just get on with it. They have now taken deposits from people so just start it asap. Interesting to see how many have paid deposit I have and until they build it can't see much hope getting a season ticket with so few becoming available. Could go every game but won't be paying the over the odds match day prices compared to season ticket match price
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:13 - Aug 6 with 1436 viewswhiterock

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:29 - Aug 6 by swans11

Need just get on with it. They have now taken deposits from people so just start it asap. Interesting to see how many have paid deposit I have and until they build it can't see much hope getting a season ticket with so few becoming available. Could go every game but won't be paying the over the odds match day prices compared to season ticket match price

So do you know if there 6000 who's paid deposits? perhaps its 50?
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:42 - Aug 6 with 1403 viewsApeShit

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 15:29 - Aug 6 by swans11

I'm guessing that deposit scheme was set up to gauge how many people out there are serious about buying a season ticket. If there are not enough I think they'll scrap the expansion and refund deposits.

Obviously they won't admit to that though.
Login to get fewer ads

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:19 - Aug 6 with 1380 viewsairedale

If the Trust owned the stadium, then it could be expanded etc with no fear of billionaire vultures swooping.

Billionaires could then do one.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:25 - Aug 6 with 1375 viewsDr_Winston

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 14:45 - Aug 6 by whiterock

Was always a timing thing, my priority would have been
1 Squad acquisition
2 First team training facilities
3 Expansion, both phases
4 Category One and all that entails (Landore etc)
5 Purchase

1 and 2 had to happen but others could have been swapped

I just don't get why outright purchase is now such a priority unless you want to use the stadium as an asset to add value to any sale price.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:35 - Aug 6 with 1366 viewsjasper_T

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:25 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

I just don't get why outright purchase is now such a priority unless you want to use the stadium as an asset to add value to any sale price.

Long-term it's more profitable to the club to invest in improving something they own than something they don't.

Also gives the club more direct control over design and scheduling of future phases.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:56 - Aug 6 with 1337 viewsPrivate_Partz

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:35 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

Long-term it's more profitable to the club to invest in improving something they own than something they don't.

Also gives the club more direct control over design and scheduling of future phases.

This could be true but it would mean maximising the use of the place. Look at the problems they have up the road in utilising their facilities. Albeit they have a bloody site more. I suspect profits would not be that great. Not enough to justify the outlay anyway.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:00 - Aug 6 with 1325 viewsBorojack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:56 - Aug 6 by Private_Partz

This could be true but it would mean maximising the use of the place. Look at the problems they have up the road in utilising their facilities. Albeit they have a bloody site more. I suspect profits would not be that great. Not enough to justify the outlay anyway.

Owning the stadium makes it more sellable to vultures i mean investors.
The club has little to gain by owning the stadium.
The shareholders on the other hand have plenty to gain.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:18 - Aug 6 with 1302 viewsNeath_Jack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:35 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

Nothing to do with that.

Greed and the potential extra pounds to be made when the next takeover bid comes along.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:24 - Aug 6 with 1296 viewsBorojack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:18 - Aug 6 by Neath_Jack

Nothing to do with that.

Greed and the potential extra pounds to be made when the next takeover bid comes along.

We pay peppercorn rent.
The shareholders have done a fantastic job but everyone has there price.
I would feel a lot more comfortable with a public owned stadium.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:29 - Aug 6 with 1287 viewsswans11

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 16:13 - Aug 6 by whiterock

So do you know if there 6000 who's paid deposits? perhaps its 50?

Have no idea that's why I said interesting see how many paid deposit
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:36 - Aug 6 with 1265 viewsjasper_T

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:18 - Aug 6 by Neath_Jack

Nothing to do with that.

Hence "profitable to the club".
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:40 - Aug 6 with 1261 viewsNeath_Jack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:36 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

It won't be profitable to the club though, it will go into the shareholders pockets.

Massive difference.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 1243 viewsBorojack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 18:36 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

I have to agree with Neath the shareholders will be the big winners
not the club.
The club would be in a very vunerable position.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 19:17 - Aug 6 with 1213 viewsUxbridge

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 17:25 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

There is an argument that ownership gives us more clout regarding stadium naming, running etc and that it makes more sense to substantially upgrade an asset that you own.

Personally I don't subscribe to that entirely, or that with an amenable plan with the council it needs to be either/or. I'd like to see us own the ground but for me expansion needs to be our #1 priority.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024