Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two 15:39 - Sep 15 with 39854 viewsDarran

Seeing as the other one is a mess and the mods can't be arsed on here these days.

lol
http://www.sunnation.co.uk/corbyn-refuses-to-sing-god-save-the-queen-at-battle-o

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:40 - Oct 8 with 1465 viewstrampie

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 22:06 - Oct 3 by waynekerr55

Did Trampie discuss QT down the pub with the other political heavyweights in his WARD?

The verdict amongst punters that expressed an opinion was unanimous that the show was a set up, they thought that the audience was full of right wing English stooges.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:18 - Oct 8 with 1453 viewsWarwickHunt

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:17 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

The people will do what they're told will affect their pockets. Ironically plenty who are now being hammered are the ones that voted for it.

Couldn't agree more...
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:17 - Oct 8 with 1424 viewswaynekerr55

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:40 - Oct 8 by trampie

The verdict amongst punters that expressed an opinion was unanimous that the show was a set up, they thought that the audience was full of right wing English stooges.

Just English stooges?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:39 - Oct 8 with 1416 viewsGroo

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:36 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

I'm not sure it's a surprise that the Guardian is a giving a left-wing politician a lot of coverage. I was more surprised the BBC news showed Cameron's disingenuous attack on him in his speech yesterday, but declined to show a Labour response to it.

On this issue, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. We've seen people in this thread prepared to label him a hypocrite if he kneels before the Queen given his republican stance, so he's chosen to avoid it (which there is precedence for, if not usually for party leaders) and will still be attacked for it.

I'm no fan of Corbyn's, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up being one if the media coverage continues in this manner for the next few years.

He's leader of the opposition, there are things expected of him which are part of the job. He may not agree with it, he can come out and say he does not agree with it, he can say he will work to change it, but in the meantime, its part of the job.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:45 - Oct 8 with 1415 viewsGroo

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:17 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

I'd say it was one part of a post that addressed a range of topics, but not surprised you missed that. I don't know enough about the Privy Council to have an opinion on whether Corbyn should join it or not, if I'm being honest. Satisfied now skipper?

If he doesn't he won't be "privvy" to any atate sectrets. Bit staggering for a leader of the opposition to be not trusted with secrets of the state.

It's an oath to the Queen to not be treacherous to the crown, which means the UK.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:03 - Oct 8 with 1397 viewstrampie

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:17 - Oct 8 by waynekerr55

Just English stooges?

Yes its all over the net, birds of a feather on blogs, twitter and message-boards have been asking was it kosher ?, all English accents apart from the guy at the end talking about steel.

People speculating there must have been a fleet of buses waiting to take lots of the audience back over the bridge after the show.

My take was perhaps this was English immigration into Wales [which people don't talk about as its a no no]?, perhaps those people in the audience that did not sound Welsh were living here ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:10 - Oct 8 with 1395 viewsUxbridge

I remember Kinnock getting beat up by the Tories because he missed an important vote because he was meeting the Queen.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:20 - Oct 8 with 1379 viewsblueytheblue

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:03 - Oct 8 by trampie

Yes its all over the net, birds of a feather on blogs, twitter and message-boards have been asking was it kosher ?, all English accents apart from the guy at the end talking about steel.

People speculating there must have been a fleet of buses waiting to take lots of the audience back over the bridge after the show.

My take was perhaps this was English immigration into Wales [which people don't talk about as its a no no]?, perhaps those people in the audience that did not sound Welsh were living here ?

After all, as every linguistic expert knows, all Cardiffians sorry Kairdiffians have broad Welsh accents with increased usage of the words "butt" and "boyo".

People are speculating - more accurately, people to the left are speculating - because the audience wasn't what they expected. Much like the electorate weren't what Labour expected in the election.

Still, Charlotte Church that well known woman of the proles knows true Cardiff people. Of course she ignores the fact her mum is a laughing stock in Pontcanna...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:28 - Oct 8 with 1373 viewsperchrockjack

I like you Bluey.

Church is a dog

Hypocrite too.

AUSTERE is not how I d describe her life

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:21 - Oct 8 with 1342 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:03 - Oct 8 by trampie

The guy that ripped Leanne Wood apart over Iraq and Syria had a Welsh accent Trampie, so the people that you are mixing with are clueless.

It's funny that you appear to share Charlotte Church's view that someone that is articulate, intelligent and makes a well reasoned point must be 'English'.

What a sad opinion - how badly you view your fellow countrymen. You are about as anti Welsh as it is possible to be.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:04 - Oct 8 with 1327 viewsblueytheblue

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:21 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

The guy that ripped Leanne Wood apart over Iraq and Syria had a Welsh accent Trampie, so the people that you are mixing with are clueless.

It's funny that you appear to share Charlotte Church's view that someone that is articulate, intelligent and makes a well reasoned point must be 'English'.

What a sad opinion - how badly you view your fellow countrymen. You are about as anti Welsh as it is possible to be.

It strikes me history will show Charlotte Church to be a wannabe.

Wannabe Opera singer ignoring the slightly inconvenient fact that to be an opera singer you have to perform IN an opera not warble the odd aria ( see Katherine Jenkins ). Ironic she wants to now enlighten the masses whilst playing off their ignorance during her career ;)

Wannabe Posh and Becks with that Henson fella.

Wannabe Russell Brand with her sudden enlightenment with regards to politics; with the same self awareness as to credibility.

It does seem some wanted stereotypical Welshie accents. I don't have an accent personally; mum was born in Yorkshire so... ironically my sons both have that Welsh lilt. I wouldn't fully discount QT stacking audiences - it's something that has been done before against both sides. BBC are making a TV programme after all.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:08 - Oct 8 with 1324 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:04 - Oct 8 by blueytheblue

It strikes me history will show Charlotte Church to be a wannabe.

Wannabe Opera singer ignoring the slightly inconvenient fact that to be an opera singer you have to perform IN an opera not warble the odd aria ( see Katherine Jenkins ). Ironic she wants to now enlighten the masses whilst playing off their ignorance during her career ;)

Wannabe Posh and Becks with that Henson fella.

Wannabe Russell Brand with her sudden enlightenment with regards to politics; with the same self awareness as to credibility.

It does seem some wanted stereotypical Welshie accents. I don't have an accent personally; mum was born in Yorkshire so... ironically my sons both have that Welsh lilt. I wouldn't fully discount QT stacking audiences - it's something that has been done before against both sides. BBC are making a TV programme after all.

It strikes me history will show absolutely no mention of Charlotte Church.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:12 - Oct 8 with 1319 viewsblueytheblue

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:08 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

It strikes me history will show absolutely no mention of Charlotte Church.

Well, yeah, I was being generous to be fair.

I'd just love her to go on about gentrification given the businesses she set her mum up in Pontcanna. ( Yes, I know that area was gentrified a long time ago, you get the point ).

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:21 - Oct 8 with 1310 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:12 - Oct 8 by blueytheblue

Well, yeah, I was being generous to be fair.

I'd just love her to go on about gentrification given the businesses she set her mum up in Pontcanna. ( Yes, I know that area was gentrified a long time ago, you get the point ).

Wouldn't stop her. She bleats on about tax avoidance despite the fact that HMRC on a number of occasions have expressed 'surprise' that her accounts show so little money.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:25 - Oct 8 with 1308 viewsblueytheblue

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:21 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

Wouldn't stop her. She bleats on about tax avoidance despite the fact that HMRC on a number of occasions have expressed 'surprise' that her accounts show so little money.

In what context have HMRC expressed surprise? n court fair enough but if they issued a press release that would be pwoper nawty.

EDIT:

Ah forget tht, read the interview poor dab. Having to work for the rest of the life? How very gruesome for the poor love. Obviously that;s contradicted by her new found "voice of the people" persona for which she receives no income - or does she? Then again someone believing HMRC solely seem to act based upon paper reports of her wealth seems a bit simple.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 18:31]

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:30 - Oct 8 with 1304 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:25 - Oct 8 by blueytheblue

In what context have HMRC expressed surprise? n court fair enough but if they issued a press release that would be pwoper nawty.

EDIT:

Ah forget tht, read the interview poor dab. Having to work for the rest of the life? How very gruesome for the poor love. Obviously that;s contradicted by her new found "voice of the people" persona for which she receives no income - or does she? Then again someone believing HMRC solely seem to act based upon paper reports of her wealth seems a bit simple.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 18:31]

Part of an interview with CC in the Telegraph last year:

"Singer Charlotte Church, who launched to fame at the tender age of 12 years old with her debut album Voice of an Angel, has admitted that she will have to work for the rest of her life in order to sustain her lifestyle.
The 28-year-old mother of two reportedly amassed £25m by the age of 18, but now has just £3m in the bank, according to the most recent accounts for her personal company, filed at the end of June.
Speaking to the BBC, Miss Church said: "I will have to work for the rest of my life. I can't just sit back. Not only because I'd be totally torn to [retire], but because I have to."
She also revealed that she has been repeatedly investigated by HMRC who have suspected her of hiding her true earnings, despite insisting that previous estimates of her wealth have always been "massively exaggerated". She said: "I've been getting investigated by the taxman year on year because the papers keep on printing I'm worth £9m, £11m, £22m, £25m. So the taxman's looking in my accounts saying where are you hiding all this money then? I'm like, 'There isn't that. It's a lie.'"
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:33 - Oct 8 with 1300 viewsblueytheblue

Yeah, read that.

She really is a bit simple...

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:44 - Oct 8 with 1295 viewsblueytheblue

Not difficult to find Charlotte Church directorships.

I do hope she knows her duties as a company director. Then again most seem to rely heavily upon these guys. http://www.thomasharris.co.uk/home.htm

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:58 - Oct 8 with 1264 viewsJack_Meoff

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:09 - Oct 8 by perchrockjack

It was staggering only because you saw it that way as you support jez.

I thought it was a good sign the callow Cameron has grown a pair of balls and will front up to this piece of filth in a cheap jacket.

Sadly there are many middle class, well paid professional people seeing him as a demi God who will rattle the system and the rich will be made to pay.

We have an apologist for terrorists -and he is- as a leader of the opposition and its appalling.

Cameron needs to carry on this and at the same time thrown off this insouciant arrogant Eton demeanour. The country need him to do this and Cameron s shame is that he s seen Labour commit political suicide by electing cobyn.

Corbyn also loved Derek Hatton and saw him as a class warrior.

Be afraid

Anyone with half a braincell knows the context of the Bin Laden quote. As you're amply proving.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 21:21 - Oct 8 with 1254 viewsJack_Meoff

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:47 - Oct 8 by monmouth

I agree, but Ux's point is interesting too. This could be viewed as an experiment to see if voters are fed up with aggressive nasty macho tw*ttishness and, whether clear abject pathetic public bullying will actually have the opposite to the intended effect. Whatever, it's a better watch than the usual millibandery. Boyle is right anyway when he says it's all likely irrelevant. When TTIP is enacted, politicians become ceremonial curiosities.

Oh and Perch. Why don't you turn that hypocrisy searchlight on Cameron and Osborne? Biased much?

I've been looking forward to TTIP for years, that crazy secret trade deal being bashed out behind closed doors by lobbyists of the EU and U.S. My favourite bit so far is ISDS ( insider-to-state dispute settlement), where corporations can sue sovereign states for any potential loss of income. I also can't wait for our public services to be open to overseas vultures too, and once theyre sold off it's permanent. Huzzah!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 21:22]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 21:51 - Oct 8 with 1234 viewsperchrockjack

Context eh.
Tell me, just when did corbyn become jesus

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 22:26 - Oct 8 with 1221 viewsJack_Meoff

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 21:51 - Oct 8 by perchrockjack

Context eh.
Tell me, just when did corbyn become jesus

I'm not sure what saying that 'it was a tragedy within a tragedy' etc with regard to someone who many have shed light on certain events has got to do with terrorist sympathising. Unless you're thick as shit.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 06:36 - Oct 9 with 1174 viewswaynekerr55

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:07 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

The Guardian isn't a fan of Corbyn.

The BBC, funnily enough, reported the PM's speech to his party conference. Shock horror.
It didn't show a Labour Party response because there wasn't an immediate one ( or if it was, it wasn't deemed newsworthy) - come back Alistair Campbell, all is forgiven.

A 'spokesman for Jeremy Corbyn' did reply somewhat feebly and it's now on the BBC website. Cameron is "rattled", apparently.

Jeremy was probably too busy knitting organic yoghurt with transgendered cyclists. In a yurt.

In aid of the ansckybis charity

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:49 - Oct 9 with 1138 viewsperchrockjack

early stat wAuyne.

Hope you didn't shitthe bed

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:37 - Oct 9 with 1123 viewswaynekerr55

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:49 - Oct 9 by perchrockjack

early stat wAuyne.

Hope you didn't shitthe bed

Nope, and neither did WK JUNIOR!

6.20 is the normal wake up time nowadays my dear comrade

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024