Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two 15:39 - Sep 15 with 39860 viewsDarran

Seeing as the other one is a mess and the mods can't be arsed on here these days.

lol
http://www.sunnation.co.uk/corbyn-refuses-to-sing-god-save-the-queen-at-battle-o

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:39 - Sep 16 with 1252 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:37 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

Not really a pay rise. He's got a new job and that's the salary for it. It's an official position.

Btw, Louise Mensch is a poisonous witch with only a very tenuous grip on reality. Anything she says should be immediately dismissed.

Poll: Tory leader

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:46 - Sep 16 with 1240 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 16:47 - Sep 16 by Uxbridge

He's barely been in the job for 5 seconds. I'm not going to say he's ineffective leading the opposition until, well, he's actually leading the opposition.

I don't doubt there will be elements in Labour attempting a coup, but if I were them I'd tread very carefully. There is a massive amount of support for Corbyn and if he gets ousted, Labour will be pretty much terminally broken.

I actually think Corbyn could win in 2020. Long long time before then, and I've got my doubts he can hold himself together let alone the party, but he's a lot more dangerous to the Tories than pretty much anyone else would have been. He's certainly the first politician I've seen genuinely enthuse people since ... sadly, probably Blair. I guess that's not the best example!

We'll see of course, but I think Labour is terminally broken unless they rectify this quickly.

The schisms in the party are now so deep that it is difficult to see how they can possibly stay together.

I'm not sure that his support is in the right places. Support within the parliamentary party is vey weak and within the old membership the same. The fact that a lot of people joined up to vote - well we'll see who they actually were in time I imagine (same in the London Mayoral candidacy elections, where Khan only got in due to newly registered voters - he lost amongst those that had been members before the election was opened up).

As for dangerous to the Tories - well all I can say is that in every business meeting I have been in this week, the only reaction has been hilarity amongst the 'right' together with a genuine disappointment amongst those of us that are not Cameron fans that he now has the easiest possible ride.

i actually quite like him as a person, although I think he is less statesmanlike and more the type of person you see presenting Open University programmes at 2am.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:48 - Sep 16 with 1238 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:37 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

Not really a pay rise. He's got a new job and that's the salary for it. It's an official position.

I know.

Still not particularly principled to accept it when you spend your entire career moaning about the 'rich'. Cameron doesn't take all of his and he has no principles at all!
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:48 - Sep 16 with 1237 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:39 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

Btw, Louise Mensch is a poisonous witch with only a very tenuous grip on reality. Anything she says should be immediately dismissed.

On that, we are as one :-)
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:14 - Sep 16 with 1208 viewsNeath_Jack

She should post on here, she would fit right in.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:56 - Sep 16 with 1199 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:48 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

I know.

Still not particularly principled to accept it when you spend your entire career moaning about the 'rich'. Cameron doesn't take all of his and he has no principles at all!

Are you sure Cammers doesn't take all his?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:04 - Sep 16 with 1193 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 18:56 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

Are you sure Cammers doesn't take all his?

Apparently.

Obviously - I have no independent knowledge of this but there was a big deal made about him giving the 10% rise to charity. Nothing would surprise me though - I think he is a toad.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:06 - Sep 16 with 1191 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:04 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

Apparently.

Obviously - I have no independent knowledge of this but there was a big deal made about him giving the 10% rise to charity. Nothing would surprise me though - I think he is a toad.

Ah, giving it to charity is slightly different although I hadn't heard that. Point taken though.

One of Gordon Brown's last acts as PM was to cut the salary for the job by £40k knowing full well his time in the job was over. Spiteful, but funny.

Login to get fewer ads

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:15 - Sep 16 with 1183 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:06 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, giving it to charity is slightly different although I hadn't heard that. Point taken though.

One of Gordon Brown's last acts as PM was to cut the salary for the job by £40k knowing full well his time in the job was over. Spiteful, but funny.

Pretty much the same thing as when they increased the top rate of tax to 50% then :-)
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:18 - Sep 16 with 1179 viewsDarran

She follows me on Twitter and has retweeted several of my AC/DC tweets.
She's a hot rock chick.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:25 - Sep 16 with 1170 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 08:25 - Sep 16 by Humpty

Heh!

I heard about Corbyns terrible slight against the Queen and everyone who fought in the war in the car today. And laughed to myself that if he had sung GSTQ the very same people would be calling him a hypocrite and a phony.

And now here's the proof!

Cheers Loh.

On his knees in obeisance to The Crown, kissing the hand of The Sovereign.

Get that picture wedged firmly in your mind's eye and keep it there.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:31 - Sep 16 with 1162 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:56 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

I'm so taken with? I think you confuse me with someone who pays more than a passing interest in politics. I couldn't give a flying one if he went down on bended knees and proceeded to give the Queen the muffin of her long life then sucked off a corgi. The point still stands that he offers the voters a different choice to the toffs and the racists.

Well I have to say, old son, that any newcomers to the site who may have skimmed your Corbyn related posts could easily be forgiven for thinking that you were a teenage girl and he was David Cassidy!

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:31 - Sep 16 with 1162 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:56 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

I'm so taken with? I think you confuse me with someone who pays more than a passing interest in politics. I couldn't give a flying one if he went down on bended knees and proceeded to give the Queen the muffin of her long life then sucked off a corgi. The point still stands that he offers the voters a different choice to the toffs and the racists.

This site has developed a stutter???
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 19:44]

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:47 - Sep 16 with 1143 viewsexiledclaseboy

A mildly amusing sketch of today's PMQs from the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/16/jeremy-corbyn-pmqs-close-encount

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:59 - Sep 16 with 1127 viewsNeath_Jack

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:31 - Sep 16 by Lohengrin

Well I have to say, old son, that any newcomers to the site who may have skimmed your Corbyn related posts could easily be forgiven for thinking that you were a teenage girl and he was David Cassidy!

What, all 4 or 5 of them you mean?

Maybe you are confusing me with the other Neath Jack, infact, you must be.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:02 - Sep 16 with 1122 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:47 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

A mildly amusing sketch of today's PMQs from the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/16/jeremy-corbyn-pmqs-close-encount

That's very good. They don't like him very much do they...

I particularly liked the bit about next week's question from Nancy the Rhino.

I did think the whole thing was a bit like Monday Night Football when they read out tweets from viewers to Gary and Jamie.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:03 - Sep 16 with 1121 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:59 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

Don't now! I'm enjoying the thought of you in the crowd at White City singing along to Daydreamer!

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:03 - Sep 16 with 1119 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:59 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

Yeah you never repeat yourself.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:07 - Sep 16 with 1112 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:02 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

That's very good. They don't like him very much do they...

I particularly liked the bit about next week's question from Nancy the Rhino.

I did think the whole thing was a bit like Monday Night Football when they read out tweets from viewers to Gary and Jamie.

Do you think that Corbyn's tailor may represent a genuine threat to the way Britain is perceived in the wider world?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:14 - Sep 16 with 1102 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:07 - Sep 16 by Lohengrin

Do you think that Corbyn's tailor may represent a genuine threat to the way Britain is perceived in the wider world?

I'm not sure any of them are particularly representative of British tailoring.

They all look like they buy their suits from M&S. Corbyn's tie is quite nice (it goes without saying,not with that suit and shirt). Cameron is no better, albeit he avoids brown which is a tiny blessing.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:14 - Sep 16 with 1091 viewsDr_Winston

I still would.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:14 - Sep 16 with 1090 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:07 - Sep 16 by Lohengrin

Jezza suffers from scruffy tw*t syndrome. I have it too. You could put me in the most expensive bespoke suit there is and I'd still look like a sack of sh*t. So I don't bother even trying.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:33 - Sep 16 with 1074 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:14 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

Jezza suffers from scruffy tw*t syndrome. I have it too. You could put me in the most expensive bespoke suit there is and I'd still look like a sack of sh*t. So I don't bother even trying.

But surely you avoid brown Clasie
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:38 - Sep 16 with 1070 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:33 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

But surely you avoid brown Clasie

I rarely stray too far from black, navy, dark blue or dark grey if I'm honest.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:39 - Sep 16 with 1066 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 20:38 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

I rarely stray too far from black, navy, dark blue or dark grey if I'm honest.

Fascist!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024