Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81853 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:54 - Sep 23 with 1691 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:29 - Sep 23 by Uxbridge

Yeah agree that would have been a massive reason for why Japan fell away. That and being Pro12 refereed out of the game at times.

Aye, some of the penalties were outrageous. Japan blew it by missing the pen at 10-17 and giving away the interception. After that, tiredness definitely kicks in. 13-17 keeps you going; 10-24 and the previous game grows large. It IS blatantly unfair though....and on Fiji.

Oz backs look a zillion times better than either Wales or England so far, much quicker and more accurate. Time to start refereeing these driving lineouts properly though. Both sides need to be legal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:58 - Sep 23 with 1690 viewsshandyjack

Japan now have a 10 day break before their next game, thats just crazy in a tournament

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:30 - Sep 23 with 1645 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:46 - Sep 23 by londonlisa2001

I have an awful confession to make.

I decided when watching NZ against Argentina that if we can't win it, then I would prefer to see England win it than NZ

There's something about NZ I can't bear - they're like the Chelsea of Rugby - snidey, cocky, get away with murder.

And those completely blacked out boots are a stupid pretension.

You want to try living over here Lisa. I used to like them, but now am ABNZ (Anyone But New Zealand), but only in rugby. To be fair, they are consistently the best team in the world, but boy, don’t they let you know it. Whenever they lose a game, it’s very rarely they (media/team/fans etc.) will acknowledge they were beaten by a better team, normally it’s the fault of the ref or even food poisoning or some lame excuse.

And don’t say anything negative about the Haka, they don’t like that. I’m all for tradition, and they have always been allowed to perform it (Ka mate) — yet they go and create a brand new one 10 years ago (Kapa O Pango) — where’s the tradition in that?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:32 - Sep 23 with 1644 viewsSwansNZ

Good that Australia didn’t get a bonus point out of the game, but Wales have to ensure they beat either (preferably both) England or Australia to possibly make that count. Also beating Fiji and getting a bonus point of course.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:58 - Sep 23 with 1618 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:21 - Sep 23 by shandyjack

TV scheduling has ruined world cup for some teams, Japan had too play just 4 days after beating SA and were always going to lose against a fresh Scotland. Why they can't play like to football tournaments and play group games on the same day to make it fair

Simple reason is because there are 5 teams in each group.

They should at least have the last two games in each group simultaneously.
England have a potential advantage by playing Uruguay last.
Wales and Australia should partly negate this by having an "after you claude" till both teams have 4 tries.
Then with the score at 28-28. Have a proper game of rugby for the last 65 minutes.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:10 - Sep 23 with 1609 viewsTrundle10

I decided when watching NZ against Argentina that if we can't win it, then I would prefer to see England win it than NZ

There's something about NZ I can't bear - they're like the Chelsea of Rugby - snidey, cocky, get away with murder.

Fully agree with all of that.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:19 - Sep 23 with 1599 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:58 - Sep 23 by sherpajacob

Simple reason is because there are 5 teams in each group.

They should at least have the last two games in each group simultaneously.
England have a potential advantage by playing Uruguay last.
Wales and Australia should partly negate this by having an "after you claude" till both teams have 4 tries.
Then with the score at 28-28. Have a proper game of rugby for the last 65 minutes.

They should reduce it to 16 teams, then have 4 pools of 4 teams. Play these games Fri-Mon.

You could have the next 8 best teams competing in a lower tier world cup at the same time — 2 pools of 4, and play these games Tue-Wed. So you’d have games 6 days a week, the final games in each pool could be played at the same time. The winner of the lower tier final be granted an automatic place as one of the 16 teams in the following world cup — simple

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:51 - Sep 24 with 1555 viewsWarwickHunt

Oh Lis - how could you?

Every time I hear those public school w@nkers sing a negro spiritual I want to commit indiscriminate mass murder with a machine gun.

Anyone. But. England.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:37 - Sep 24 with 1539 viewsscottishjack

I know it's already been mentioned, but wouldn't the rugby authorities be better off helping the developing nations at these tournaments rather than hindering them?

Don't get me wrong, I was pleased to see Scotland win yesterday, and I still think it comes down to our game with Samoa for a 1/4 final spot, but Japan were clearly knackered towards the end. On a side note, I fancy South Africa to win the whole thing now, that result against Japan might well be the kick up the arise they needed. 12/1 at the moment!
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:48 - Sep 24 with 1533 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:37 - Sep 24 by scottishjack

I know it's already been mentioned, but wouldn't the rugby authorities be better off helping the developing nations at these tournaments rather than hindering them?

Don't get me wrong, I was pleased to see Scotland win yesterday, and I still think it comes down to our game with Samoa for a 1/4 final spot, but Japan were clearly knackered towards the end. On a side note, I fancy South Africa to win the whole thing now, that result against Japan might well be the kick up the arise they needed. 12/1 at the moment!

As much as the rugby authorities will love a shock like Japan/S.A. They would much rather the bigger teams progress and play each other towards the end of the tournament. It would be a disaster for them if South Africa for example didn't reach the knockout stages, same as if Real Madrid didnt get through the group in the CL. They will do everything they can to help the rugby superpowers and that is likely to come at the expense of the minnows.

They must have been gutted Wales dropped to 8th in the rankings before the draw, although it does at least mean some big matches in the groups.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:06 - Sep 24 with 1518 viewsscottishjack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:48 - Sep 24 by jack247

As much as the rugby authorities will love a shock like Japan/S.A. They would much rather the bigger teams progress and play each other towards the end of the tournament. It would be a disaster for them if South Africa for example didn't reach the knockout stages, same as if Real Madrid didnt get through the group in the CL. They will do everything they can to help the rugby superpowers and that is likely to come at the expense of the minnows.

They must have been gutted Wales dropped to 8th in the rankings before the draw, although it does at least mean some big matches in the groups.

Yeah, but it's still a shame. Bring back the days of names in a hat, luck of the draw... Especially in the case of football!
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:08 - Sep 24 with 1491 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:06 - Sep 24 by scottishjack

Yeah, but it's still a shame. Bring back the days of names in a hat, luck of the draw... Especially in the case of football!

Definitely!
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:24 - Sep 24 with 1480 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:06 - Sep 24 by scottishjack

The good old days of the European cup.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:30 - Sep 24 with 1475 viewsperchrockjack

I do not mind England at football but Rugby? it should bond every Welshman.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:36 - Sep 24 with 1469 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:58 - Sep 24 with 1459 viewsDevz00

I get where you are coming from but I still would prefer them to win over England. Easily.

Regarding the blacked out boots, I didn't see the game but assuming you mean the adidas ones as they sponsor the AB's? It's not a boot specifically for the AB's, it's just the latest fashion on the pitch, if you like. The footballers are wearing them too and it's either all white or all black. They do this option for all of the top Adidas model boots - Predator etc. I only know because I was looking at buying a pair of the Copa Mundial's the other day and saw that they were about 50 quid cheaper than the 'white out' or 'black out' versions. Ridiculous.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:59 - Sep 24 with 1459 viewsperchrockjack

No secret about their tactics then ,NZ.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:49 - Sep 24 with 1442 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:59 - Sep 24 by perchrockjack

No secret about their tactics then ,NZ.

Burgess is/was a great rugby league player, but is he a good international centre?

Bit of a strange one, dropping your No 10 like this, not that I know much about English rugby.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:01 - Sep 24 with 1434 viewsSwansNZ

Wales: L Williams; G North, S Williams, J Roberts, H Amos; D Biggar, G Davies; G Jenkins, S Baldwin, T Francis, B Davies, AW Jones; D Lydiate, S Warburton, T Faletau.

Reps: K Owens, A Jarvis, S Lee, L Charteris, J Tipuric, L Williams, R Priestland, A Cuthbert.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:12 - Sep 24 with 1428 viewsTrundle10

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:01 - Sep 24 by SwansNZ

Wales: L Williams; G North, S Williams, J Roberts, H Amos; D Biggar, G Davies; G Jenkins, S Baldwin, T Francis, B Davies, AW Jones; D Lydiate, S Warburton, T Faletau.

Reps: K Owens, A Jarvis, S Lee, L Charteris, J Tipuric, L Williams, R Priestland, A Cuthbert.

Gatland is a knob. Tipuric man of match almost every game. Cannot get a game even though England always struggle with two open sides against them
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:57 - Sep 24 with 1413 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:30 - Sep 23 by SwansNZ

You want to try living over here Lisa. I used to like them, but now am ABNZ (Anyone But New Zealand), but only in rugby. To be fair, they are consistently the best team in the world, but boy, don’t they let you know it. Whenever they lose a game, it’s very rarely they (media/team/fans etc.) will acknowledge they were beaten by a better team, normally it’s the fault of the ref or even food poisoning or some lame excuse.

And don’t say anything negative about the Haka, they don’t like that. I’m all for tradition, and they have always been allowed to perform it (Ka mate) — yet they go and create a brand new one 10 years ago (Kapa O Pango) — where’s the tradition in that?

The second part of the first paragraph sounds like the Welsh media and fans
[Post edited 24 Sep 2015 12:00]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:41 - Sep 24 with 1399 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:51 - Sep 24 by WarwickHunt

Oh Lis - how could you?

Every time I hear those public school w@nkers sing a negro spiritual I want to commit indiscriminate mass murder with a machine gun.

Anyone. But. England.

I know - I feel unclean.

Don't get me wrong - I would prefer everyone else to win it other than England, just in the specific circumstance of an Eng vs NZ final I would prefer England.

I may, of course, change my mind again when I hear them swinging low on Saturday but I really can't bear New Zealand.

Similar in a way - the public school boys with their swing low and the sight of Dan Carter doing a traditional Maori war dance.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:53 - Sep 24 with 1384 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:58 - Sep 24 by Devz00

I get where you are coming from but I still would prefer them to win over England. Easily.

Regarding the blacked out boots, I didn't see the game but assuming you mean the adidas ones as they sponsor the AB's? It's not a boot specifically for the AB's, it's just the latest fashion on the pitch, if you like. The footballers are wearing them too and it's either all white or all black. They do this option for all of the top Adidas model boots - Predator etc. I only know because I was looking at buying a pair of the Copa Mundial's the other day and saw that they were about 50 quid cheaper than the 'white out' or 'black out' versions. Ridiculous.

No - every single player had them blacked out completely and (at least I assume this is the case) not every single player wears Adidas boots. Perhaps they do, although that would be very odd!

I think the effect was supposed to be that they were 'all black' !
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:30 - Sep 24 with 1376 viewsdickythorpe

I just wonder if this Welsh team selected has "jellied" enough.....(sorry Oldjack).... but I would have liked to have seen Phillips on the bench and Jake Ball.
Young Amos on the wing is another gamble, I feel Cuthbert has the big game experience, despite not playing well lately he is more of a finisher than the youngster.
Its a massive opportunity for Gareth Davies at 9, his discipline is key as he can be over aggressive.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:31 - Sep 24 with 1376 viewsperchrockjack

Gatland clearly looking to front up, which is fair enough as England will look to smash us.

Tipuric is outstanding in every way and could play in many positions.

He s very unlucky but in this instance I can see Gatlands point

And true, Burgess is a fookn monster

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024