Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo 11:55 - Oct 11 with 4632 viewsmichumagic9

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/11/report-swansea-eyeing-fc-dallas-winger-fabi

" Swansea City are chasing FC Dallas’ speedy winger Fabian Castillo, according to The Sun.

Castillo, 23, originally joined Dallas in March 2011 from boyhood club Deportivo Cali and has since made 138 MLS appearances, while recording 29 goals and 24 assists in the process.

Arguably the league’s fastest player, the Colombian enjoyed a breakout season in 2014, when he bagged a career-high 10 goals, and he has been even more impressive this term. "
Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 4531 viewsTummer_from_Texas

TBH I don't follow FC Dallas as closely as I should (only attended once last season and none yet this year), but in my humble opinion the level of competition in MLS isn't quite as inferior as many in Britain want to believe.

I know that he's the leading scorer (9, no other Dallas player has more than 6) on one of the best teams in the league this season. And he just got his 2nd cap from Colombia at age 23. However he's only 5'7" and it seems to me that the Swans already have more than our share of undersized wingers.

Will be keeping a closer eye on him now. Heck, there's a meet and greet with some FC Dallas players today at Walmart. Maybe I should see if he'll be there, go wearing one of my Swans shirts and ask him how he'd like a chance to join his fellow South American Montero in Wales.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 14:15]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 14:19 - Oct 11 with 4516 viewsRancid

Isn't Bradley Wright Phillips the new superstar in the MLS?
Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 14:26 - Oct 11 with 4493 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 14:19 - Oct 11 by Rancid

Isn't Bradley Wright Phillips the new superstar in the MLS?

I was in Montreal three weeks ago and they're loving Didier Drogba there. signed for them at the end of July and has 9 goals in 9 appearances.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 14:41 - Oct 11 with 4469 viewsRancid

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 14:26 - Oct 11 by Joe_bradshaw

I was in Montreal three weeks ago and they're loving Didier Drogba there. signed for them at the end of July and has 9 goals in 9 appearances.

I saw his free kick earlier for them.Think it might have been from this weekend.Brilliant it was, up and over the wall.
Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 17:54 - Oct 11 with 4308 viewsblueytheblue

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 14:13 - Oct 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

TBH I don't follow FC Dallas as closely as I should (only attended once last season and none yet this year), but in my humble opinion the level of competition in MLS isn't quite as inferior as many in Britain want to believe.

I know that he's the leading scorer (9, no other Dallas player has more than 6) on one of the best teams in the league this season. And he just got his 2nd cap from Colombia at age 23. However he's only 5'7" and it seems to me that the Swans already have more than our share of undersized wingers.

Will be keeping a closer eye on him now. Heck, there's a meet and greet with some FC Dallas players today at Walmart. Maybe I should see if he'll be there, go wearing one of my Swans shirts and ask him how he'd like a chance to join his fellow South American Montero in Wales.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 14:15]

The standard of play in MLS isn't great, League 1 / lower Championship at best.

Better athletes, sure for the most part but incredibly naive especially defensively.

Bradley Wright-Phillips last season was top scorer with 29. I believe that was Thierry Henry's last season of playing, he set up most of those goals.

Robbie Keane averages about a goal a game.

Both those players got nowhere near those levels in British football.

Obviously you'll get talented individuals emerging but the fact that MLS seems to be going back to the "past it" brigade - Kaka, Gerrarsd, Lampard doesn't bode well.

And don't get me started on Man Citeh's franchise over there. Trying to manufacture a rivalry with Red Bulls? Playing on a baseball pitch which isn't legally wide enough under FIFA rules? Amateurish.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 20:35 - Oct 21 with 3832 viewsTummer_from_Texas

He's got the pace of Montero, but a very different style. Much more of a finisher/less of a creator.

Looks like he could be equally effective on either side.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 21:14 - Oct 21 with 3780 viewsLAKiM

Can't say I've seen too much of him but do know he's quite fast and supposed to be a decent technician.

Personally I think there are better prospects in the MLS if that's the route to go (Alvas Powell, Matt Miazga, Will Trapp, and Octavio Rivero to name a few) but considering his age and salary he's most definitely worth a look as he wouldn't be too terribly expensive.
Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 21:17 - Oct 21 with 3774 viewsFlashberryjack

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 14:41 - Oct 11 by Rancid

I saw his free kick earlier for them.Think it might have been from this weekend.Brilliant it was, up and over the wall.

Shelvey can do that

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 21:35 - Oct 21 with 3756 viewsjasper_T

Report: Swansea City eyeing FC Dallas winger Fabian Castillo on 21:17 - Oct 21 by Flashberryjack

Shelvey can do that

Shelvey is the worst free kick taker we've had for donkeys.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024