Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three 17:41 - Nov 27 with 6600 viewsDarran

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/27/tom-watson-hilary-benn-backing-a
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 17:44]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 23:19 - Nov 29 with 1197 viewsDarran

lol

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:08 - Nov 30 with 1161 viewsdaijack15

Corbin is a breath of fresh air and you can see why thousands are joining the labour party again.......He says it as it is and don't bullst or distort the truth. He is spot on with his stand on bombing Isis as you will end up killing more innocent people than you would do isis. Isis are not stupid they will hide in underground bunkers and use schools and civilians as shields......Cameron is an idiot if he thinks that our 8 planes will make a difference..
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:38 - Nov 30 with 1152 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:08 - Nov 30 by daijack15

Corbin is a breath of fresh air and you can see why thousands are joining the labour party again.......He says it as it is and don't bullst or distort the truth. He is spot on with his stand on bombing Isis as you will end up killing more innocent people than you would do isis. Isis are not stupid they will hide in underground bunkers and use schools and civilians as shields......Cameron is an idiot if he thinks that our 8 planes will make a difference..

You don't strike me as the sort of fellow who will leave much that will be recalled all that often or fondly after you've passed. Just an initial impression you understand, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but as things stand there it is.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:45 - Nov 30 with 1148 viewsKerouac

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:38 - Nov 30 by Lohengrin

You don't strike me as the sort of fellow who will leave much that will be recalled all that often or fondly after you've passed. Just an initial impression you understand, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but as things stand there it is.

Very perceptive of you.

This bloke is Dai from Not606 I believe.
Legendary arsehole.
Been banned recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:50 - Nov 30 with 1148 viewsHumpty

He's right about one thing. Our eight planes will make absolutely no difference. America, Russia, France and others are bombing Syria. They're not saying "If only we had eight more planes. Then we'd beat the bastards."

America could call another hundred planes over next month if they wanted. Still wouldn't get rid of Isis. Without invading.

What Cameron wants to do is say "Look. We're doing something as well, even though it won't get rid of Isis." A token of Britain doing something. I've done something. Even though three years ago I wanted to do the complete opposite but was confounded by that bastard Milliband.

The question is, is he right or not?
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:57 - Nov 30 with 1123 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:50 - Nov 30 by Humpty

He's right about one thing. Our eight planes will make absolutely no difference. America, Russia, France and others are bombing Syria. They're not saying "If only we had eight more planes. Then we'd beat the bastards."

America could call another hundred planes over next month if they wanted. Still wouldn't get rid of Isis. Without invading.

What Cameron wants to do is say "Look. We're doing something as well, even though it won't get rid of Isis." A token of Britain doing something. I've done something. Even though three years ago I wanted to do the complete opposite but was confounded by that bastard Milliband.

The question is, is he right or not?

I'm aware of the situation Hump and all this boils down to really is tokensim, but it carries huge significance. When the dust settles and ISIS are no more, the family of nations will be divided between those who arose and those who were cowed.

Dignity dictates our course of action, Hump. It has to.

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 01:20 - Nov 30 with 1106 viewsHumpty

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:57 - Nov 30 by Lohengrin

I'm aware of the situation Hump and all this boils down to really is tokensim, but it carries huge significance. When the dust settles and ISIS are no more, the family of nations will be divided between those who arose and those who were cowed.

But Isis won't be no more will they? If we want that then we need to do it properly. If you want to get rid of Isis it's a complete ground invasion by US/UK troops. Who will soon be coming home in body bags due to IED's planted by our enemies in a sullen, unfriendly population.

Most people would say f*ck that. The usual chickenhawks won't. They've never seen a problem they didn't want to drop bombs on and send "our boys" into. Obviously the vast majority have never been near a recruiting office.

I've criticized Blair for his criminal war of choice many times. There's one thing I haven't mentioned. There may be a time we really should get involved in a war, but most people have been so burned by his debacle in Iraq and Afghanistan that they will be against it, even if it really should be done.

I'm not saying this is the case here. I really don't know what we can do for the best. But destroying countries we shouldn't have for lies has led us into a situation where we are war weary. Another crime to add to his list.
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 01:22 - Nov 30 with 1105 viewsHumpty

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 01:20 - Nov 30 by Humpty

But Isis won't be no more will they? If we want that then we need to do it properly. If you want to get rid of Isis it's a complete ground invasion by US/UK troops. Who will soon be coming home in body bags due to IED's planted by our enemies in a sullen, unfriendly population.

Most people would say f*ck that. The usual chickenhawks won't. They've never seen a problem they didn't want to drop bombs on and send "our boys" into. Obviously the vast majority have never been near a recruiting office.

I've criticized Blair for his criminal war of choice many times. There's one thing I haven't mentioned. There may be a time we really should get involved in a war, but most people have been so burned by his debacle in Iraq and Afghanistan that they will be against it, even if it really should be done.

I'm not saying this is the case here. I really don't know what we can do for the best. But destroying countries we shouldn't have for lies has led us into a situation where we are war weary. Another crime to add to his list.

Field Marshall Perch of the Kings Own Wirral Chickenhawks will be along soon to tell me I love jihadis or something.
Login to get fewer ads

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 02:00 - Nov 30 with 1084 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 01:20 - Nov 30 by Humpty

You're pefectly right it will take a ground offensive and I'd be perfectly content for Russia to take the lead with their preponderance of resources but I'm convinced these islands must play a part. This is the great challenge of our times, ISIS are the corruption that has to be lanced. To play the part of bystander at this hour doesn't become us, it would shame our history and belittle our present. This is a just war.

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 02:14 - Nov 30 with 1080 viewsHumpty

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 02:00 - Nov 30 by Lohengrin

You're pefectly right it will take a ground offensive and I'd be perfectly content for Russia to take the lead with their preponderance of resources but I'm convinced these islands must play a part. This is the great challenge of our times, ISIS are the corruption that has to be lanced. To play the part of bystander at this hour doesn't become us, it would shame our history and belittle our present. This is a just war.

Russia is not going to take a lead. Russia has no interest in talking a lead. Russia wants Assad in power. And that's all. There is no hope of them committing ground troops.

And we are not either. It's all tokenism, apart from Russia who has an actual aim. Keeping Assad in power and nothing else.

I want an end to Isis. Nobody will actually do what is needed. We'll just have to drop bombs and live with them. I'm going to bed. G'night.
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 18:49 - Nov 30 with 1014 viewscontroversial_jack

Defeating ISIS won't end the civil war
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 19:35 - Nov 30 with 999 viewsperchrockjack

Hello hump.

Wrong yet again.

I actually believe bombing will only make matters worse such is the pitiful nature of Islamists there.

I also don't want any British blood spilt there . I d rather they slaughter each other to extinction and maybe then we'll rid ourselves of these tumours of human beings.

Corbyn is right in that regard. However he doesn't like shooter oil either so not sure what his solution is.

What s yours.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 20:44 - Nov 30 with 982 viewsJack_Meoff

Russia wants to keep Assad in power, I'd suggest the West's longer term plan wants him ousted. It's not going to end well this.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 20:59 - Nov 30 with 966 viewsJack_Meoff

Fair play, whatever the guy said there surely didn't justify that response? That first sentence is hideous, regardless of the second.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:03 - Nov 30 with 960 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 20:59 - Nov 30 by Jack_Meoff

Fair play, whatever the guy said there surely didn't justify that response? That first sentence is hideous, regardless of the second.

It was meant to be read as passed through, not passed as in dead, mun!

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:04 - Nov 30 with 959 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 19:35 - Nov 30 by perchrockjack

Hello hump.

Wrong yet again.

I actually believe bombing will only make matters worse such is the pitiful nature of Islamists there.

I also don't want any British blood spilt there . I d rather they slaughter each other to extinction and maybe then we'll rid ourselves of these tumours of human beings.

Corbyn is right in that regard. However he doesn't like shooter oil either so not sure what his solution is.

What s yours.

I just knew you'd start liking him the minute he bought a shell suit.

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:09 - Nov 30 with 955 viewswaynekerr55

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:04 - Nov 30 by Darran

I just knew you'd start liking him the minute he bought a shell suit.

On Twitter this morning:

"Brian Harvey from East 17 has aged"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:13 - Nov 30 with 951 viewsJack_Meoff

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:03 - Nov 30 by Lohengrin

It was meant to be read as passed through, not passed as in dead, mun!

Hmmmm. Apologies if that's the case. Phrasing didn't suggest so.

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:42 - Nov 30 with 934 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:13 - Nov 30 by Jack_Meoff

Hmmmm. Apologies if that's the case. Phrasing didn't suggest so.

Probably a bit rushed and clumsy, hardly surprising given the wrestling contest with Newcastle Brown I'd been engaged in for hours.

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three (n/t) on 21:54 - Nov 30 with 921 viewsJack_Meoff

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:42 - Nov 30 by Lohengrin

Probably a bit rushed and clumsy, hardly surprising given the wrestling contest with Newcastle Brown I'd been engaged in for hours.

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 8:41]

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 12:30 - Dec 1 with 879 viewsNookiejack

Ok we don't like Corbyn's shell suit - let's go then for style over substance

.........Grant Shapps......I love his shiny suits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34952981
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 12:35 - Dec 1 with 866 viewsNookiejack

There doesn't seem to be many fighters in the Free Syrian Army - from attached article:-

"700 active “moderate” foot soldiers in Syria — and I am being very generous, for the figure may be nearer 70"

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/david-cameron-there-arent-70000-moderate-fig
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 13:58 - Dec 1 with 844 viewsNookiejack

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 00:57 - Nov 30 by Lohengrin

From an emotional point of view Dignity would be plowing billions of £s into Libya for its reconstruction - given it is now a failed state. We haven't got that sum of money available though have we - given size of Govt deficit - UK is currently running. A few £100k burnt on each bomb used in Syria - is not going to increase the size of UK Govt deficit by much is it?

But at least Cameron has set £1bn aside for the rebuilding of Syria. Probably will take a lot more than a £1bn though.

From a logical point of view UK Bombing does not carry huge significance.

What would carry huge significance is:

1. Saudi Arabia bombing ISIS
2. Saudi Arabia stopping the funding of ISIS
3. Turkey not buying oil from ISIS
4. Turkey not bombing the Kurds

....but Saudis seem to be from the same Wahabbi death cult as ISIS and its inspiration - o they are not going to do 1 and 2.

Turkey will not allow formation of an independent Kurdistan state so will not undertake 3 and 4.

The UK bombing of ISIS in Syrian with its 8 planes is a total irrelevance.
The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 14:52 - Dec 1 with 824 viewsdailew

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 21:42 - Nov 30 by Lohengrin

In vino veritas.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 16:03 - Dec 1 with 803 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn Thread part three on 14:52 - Dec 1 by dailew

In vino veritas.

Often times, especially in my case, I'm apt to agree. I did intend it as passing through in the earlier post though. If I was trying to draw another picture I'd have used more vivid colours.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024