Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious Post- Climate change 10:53 - Dec 7 with 2359 viewsperchrockjack

My daughter in law is an Environmental scientist and works for one of the world s largest companies. Her boss has been speaking at the conference on climate change and the portents aren't good for next generations.

She said to me, "Rich, climate change will kill more than terrorists", which I thought rather striking.

I ve not been that arsed until now, mainly due to my age but looking at those horrendous floods in Carlisle its something now that is truly serious.

Ive just been having coffee and croissants in t shirt in the garden looking at roses still with buds on and its seems truly weird with us almost at Christmas.

Summat aint right and it may be too late.

Cue Carol King and CSN

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Serious Post- Climate change on 10:57 - Dec 7 with 1418 viewstrampie

Corbyns brother seems to say something very different.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:04 - Dec 7 with 1411 viewsLord_Bony

Obama reckons it's responsible for the rise in terrorism...jeez..
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url= http://fortune.com/2015/12/05/terrorism-isis-climate-change-cop21/&ved=0ahUKEwjT

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:12 - Dec 7 with 1393 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Climate change is very real

It's already killed more people than terrorists

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:25 - Dec 7 with 1374 viewsperchrockjack

Thank tommy.

Ive been looking at the long term weather forecast ,as one does, for north America and its plain weird.

Have to admit tis is serious stuff now.

We live in a mild part of the UK but today, its quite ridiculous.

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:31 - Dec 7 with 1358 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I've just been in the garden perch in a t shirt and i would say its a lovely spring morning , then noticed purple flowers have bloomed over the last couple of days .

There's just been a huge convention on climate change but hasn't had much tv because of the Syria war .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:40 - Dec 7 with 1343 viewsHidden_Hand

Climate change is an issue, but the burning of fossil fuels is such a minor factor to climate change its criminal the amount time blaming it on this reason.
Serious Post- Climate change on 11:51 - Dec 7 with 1322 viewsHighjack

Climate has always changed. We've always known this but it's only the last few decades it's been politicised and people realise they can make a fair whack of money out of it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:57 - Dec 7 with 1311 viewsPegojack

Saves on the gas and leccy anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:58 - Dec 7 with 1307 viewsHighjack

I leave my TV on standby every night.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:58 - Dec 7 with 1300 viewstrampie

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:51 - Dec 7 by Highjack

Climate has always changed. We've always known this but it's only the last few decades it's been politicised and people realise they can make a fair whack of money out of it.

Just like Environmental scientists ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Serious Post- Climate change on 12:39 - Dec 7 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

Tom.

My daughter in law has been in charge of the budget for it. Its shocking in itself.

Anyway, roses in December . Feck me and thanks to the gog mountains for taking all the rain/snow and wind

Serious Post- Climate change on 13:11 - Dec 7 with 1242 viewscontroversial_jack

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:12 - Dec 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Climate change is very real

It's already killed more people than terrorists

How many?
Serious Post- Climate change on 13:13 - Dec 7 with 1231 viewscontroversial_jack

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:40 - Dec 7 by Hidden_Hand

Climate change is an issue, but the burning of fossil fuels is such a minor factor to climate change its criminal the amount time blaming it on this reason.

That's correct, co2 is just 400 parts per million in the atmosphere and man contributes but 10 parts per million of that. The numbers are small as to make no difference whatsoever.
Serious Post- Climate change on 13:25 - Dec 7 with 1209 viewsDyfnant

If only we could stop these volcanos erupting

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Serious Post- Climate change on 13:28 - Dec 7 with 1201 viewsswansRus

Serious Post- Climate change on 13:13 - Dec 7 by controversial_jack

That's correct, co2 is just 400 parts per million in the atmosphere and man contributes but 10 parts per million of that. The numbers are small as to make no difference whatsoever.

the only way to solve the issue is to fit catalytic converters to all them pesky volcanoes...
Serious Post- Climate change on 13:36 - Dec 7 with 1183 viewsNeath_Jack

More bombs on Syria will sort it out.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Serious Post- Climate change on 13:39 - Dec 7 with 1176 viewsHighjack

Serious Post- Climate change on 11:58 - Dec 7 by trampie

Just like Environmental scientists ?

No, not generally. For me, there are so many factors in play, deforestation, volcanic eruptions, natural cycles of the sun etc, but the people who drive the agenda focus almost solely on the burning of fossil fuels. This gives them perfect justification to tax the living f uck out of anyone who's evil enough to have to drive to work. It makes a lot of people rich.

Serious Post- Climate change on 14:30 - Dec 7 with 1130 viewsDavillin

Why not blame climate change for the recent fortunes of Swansea City and Leicester City? Might as well.

Believable sources [like NASA] have reported that there has been no rise in the planet's temperature in the past 15 years, and that, contrary to Crazy Al Gore's prediction that there would be no ice in the Arctic Ocean by 2012, there is more there now than at any recent period.

But Crazy Al has made himself a multi-millionaire on that shit.

The whole notion has been disproven, but the politicians [world] are looking for the cash. There's no money in it for anyone if there is no climate change that can blamed on the wealthy and wealthy countries.

"Follow the money!"

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Serious Post- Climate change on 14:41 - Dec 7 with 1116 viewsCooperman

Rich, I agree that something isn't right.
It's very mild in South Wales, even when it was blowing a hurricane and pi55ing down. The heating didn't come on this morning as the thermostat hadn't clicked on and yet the rush of getting kids out of bed and ready for school still caused a minor sweat on my brow. My front lawn is still growing at a rate of knots and I would have cut it yesterday had it not been wet. I anticipate the daffs popping up soon.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Serious Post- Climate change on 16:03 - Dec 7 with 1062 viewslifelong

We could do a lot more regarding keeping the planet clean, recycling plastic properly would be a start, but as far as climate change is concerned I believe there a little we can do to prevent it.

Mother Nature will decide our fate, as it has done for millions of years.
Serious Post- Climate change on 16:15 - Dec 7 with 1044 viewsicecoldjack

When the likes of China and India start to make an effort i will too.
Serious Post- Climate change on 16:20 - Dec 7 with 1037 viewscontroversial_jack

Serious Post- Climate change on 16:15 - Dec 7 by icecoldjack

When the likes of China and India start to make an effort i will too.

They are developing countries, we are established ones
Serious Post- Climate change on 16:34 - Dec 7 with 1011 viewsicecoldjack

Serious Post- Climate change on 16:20 - Dec 7 by controversial_jack

They are developing countries, we are established ones

They are ranked number 2 and number 10 in the world economy stats, we are ranked number 6 .

So it's not like they ain't got a pot to p!ss in more like taking the required short cuts to get to the top, if they can function on a global level they can also take the same measures as other countries(as well as buying the carbon offsets off the small poor countries like we do in the western world, thus making the whole thing a load of bollocks anyway)

The whole climate change thing is licence to print money and pass the cost onto the poor, the greatest of stealth taxes.

The man in the street can't do much about it i'm sorry to say.
Serious Post- Climate change on 16:48 - Dec 7 with 999 viewsDyfnant

Serious Post- Climate change on 16:34 - Dec 7 by icecoldjack

They are ranked number 2 and number 10 in the world economy stats, we are ranked number 6 .

So it's not like they ain't got a pot to p!ss in more like taking the required short cuts to get to the top, if they can function on a global level they can also take the same measures as other countries(as well as buying the carbon offsets off the small poor countries like we do in the western world, thus making the whole thing a load of bollocks anyway)

The whole climate change thing is licence to print money and pass the cost onto the poor, the greatest of stealth taxes.

The man in the street can't do much about it i'm sorry to say.

This sort of thing will be all that'll change their stance
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-35028483

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Serious Post- Climate change on 16:49 - Dec 7 with 998 viewsLord_Bony

Folks,climate change is a crock of shite.

The biggest driver of our climate is and always has been...the sun.

It's why we've constantly had hot and cold periods over billions of years.

It is a great way for governments to generate stealth tax.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024