Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 17:07 - Jan 4 with 6351 viewsstid

What exactly has he done wrong?
Shelvey on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 3844 viewsJack_Kass

Doesn't run.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Shelvey on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 3837 viewsItchySphincter

Playing like a bit of a minge, much like the rest of them, and being a pikey tw@t.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Shelvey on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 3834 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Did you watch the last game he started in and the game prior to that when he was a sub?
If so I am surprised you have to ask.
Shelvey on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 3824 viewsraynor94

Honestly, do you watch us at all, if you do you should be able to fathom it out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Shelvey on 17:10 - Jan 4 with 3808 viewsSwanjaxs

This is one transfer that needs to be done swiftly, the sooner he's gone the better for all parties

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Shelvey on 17:10 - Jan 4 with 3805 viewsstid

Yes ok he isnt playing well but for me prior this spell he was one of the players you could count on putting in a shift every game
Shelvey on 17:12 - Jan 4 with 3785 viewsraynor94

Shelvey on 17:10 - Jan 4 by stid

Yes ok he isnt playing well but for me prior this spell he was one of the players you could count on putting in a shift every game

I'd hazard a guess, and say you are in the minority

Shelvey on 17:15 - Jan 4 with 3754 viewsstid

Shelvey on 17:12 - Jan 4 by raynor94

No few months ago this site was crawling with people calling for an england call up , Get a ST that will actually make runs and we can see the best of Shelvey again
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 17:17 - Jan 4 with 3724 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey on 17:12 - Jan 4 by raynor94

Actually I agree with him, but you have to go back a long way to when JJS was putting in a real shift.
Shelvey on 17:24 - Jan 4 with 3684 viewsmonmouth

He couldn't have made it much more obvious that he doesn't want to be here and hasn't for a while. Monk stopped picking him; Curt left him out then tried to put him in the shop window and he reacted like the worst kind of half witted over indulged cretin that you could imagine.

If he was half as good as he thinks he is he'd be three times as good as he is.

Hard to see how it can be resolved now other than a sale. I might be in the minority in thinking that (if both parties wanted it) he could be an asset and could fit into our required style, but I think it's gone far too far for that.

Give someone else the headache of managing him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey on 17:24 - Jan 4 with 3683 viewsOldjack

Johnny big bollocks has his head well and truly up his bumhole ,shame that because he is a very good player when he puts his mind to it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey on 17:28 - Jan 4 with 3641 viewsjojaca

Shelvey on 17:24 - Jan 4 by Oldjack

Johnny big bollocks has his head well and truly up his bumhole ,shame that because he is a very good player when he puts his mind to it

Bloody wears a scarf for training and we have had mild winter this year.

Even when you know, you never know?

Shelvey on 17:30 - Jan 4 with 3622 viewskarnataka

Isn't playing well?? I don't know if PlanetSwans has an "Understatement of the Year" award category but just 4 days into 2016 and we already have a contender.
Shelvey on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 3534 viewsstid

Shelvey on 17:30 - Jan 4 by karnataka

Isn't playing well?? I don't know if PlanetSwans has an "Understatement of the Year" award category but just 4 days into 2016 and we already have a contender.

Half the team aint playing well, just like taylor a few weeks back shelvey is just being targeted for it.Be silly to sell in my opinion. He is our most complete midfielder and still young
Shelvey on 17:45 - Jan 4 with 3520 viewsVetchitBack

He's hated on here but that could be argued to be a good thing it certainly isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I think on the vast majority of occasions his positives outweigh his negatives. One of a few players who isn't afraid to play it safe and has the ability to create and score from distance.

Maybe you could argue that says more about where we are as team at the moment. Or a point about the impotence of most of our attack.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Shelvey on 17:47 - Jan 4 with 3508 viewskarnataka

Shelvey on 17:43 - Jan 4 by stid

Half the team aint playing well, just like taylor a few weeks back shelvey is just being targeted for it.Be silly to sell in my opinion. He is our most complete midfielder and still young

He's been a professional footballer for 7 years and against Palace put in the least professional performance I've seen any footballer give. At what stage of his career does he grow up?
Shelvey on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 3467 viewsdailew

Opinion is divided on this point.

You believe it to be so but everyone else in the world believes otherwise.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 18:12]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Shelvey on 17:55 - Jan 4 with 3433 viewsstid

Shelvey on 17:47 - Jan 4 by karnataka

He's been a professional footballer for 7 years and against Palace put in the least professional performance I've seen any footballer give. At what stage of his career does he grow up?

Palace away was hard work and gritty which yes I know doesn't suit jjs, jjs wants to be on the ball and make things happen. Last season when we were playing well and comfortable look at his performances then. Thats what we have a squad for, some player are better suited to different period of form. Leon has been brilliant recently but can you honestly say he gets in the team if we are mid table?
Shelvey on 18:03 - Jan 4 with 3375 viewsraynor94

Shelvey on 17:55 - Jan 4 by stid

Palace away was hard work and gritty which yes I know doesn't suit jjs, jjs wants to be on the ball and make things happen. Last season when we were playing well and comfortable look at his performances then. Thats what we have a squad for, some player are better suited to different period of form. Leon has been brilliant recently but can you honestly say he gets in the team if we are mid table?

Effort didn't suit Shelvey at Palace, he quite obviously doesn't want to be here

Shelvey on 18:08 - Jan 4 with 3351 viewsSwanjaxs

Nobody is saying Shelvey hasn't got ability, this is about his attitude, after his abysmal performance at Palace he couldn't have made his intentions more clear if he tried. ... and he didn't. .enough said

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Shelvey on 18:10 - Jan 4 with 3329 viewsjruss1

Urgh. Still people defending him?

7 years into his career and he's still having problems applying himself consistantly.

GM seemed to get through to him last season, he finally took things seriously, got fit,stayed fit and worked hard.

But it didn't last long did it? He's quickly gone back to what he was before. An inflated view of himself, lazy, unfit etc All we need now is an outburst on Twitter from his misses blaming someone else.

The excuses people bang out for him are boring now. How many times does the same thing have to happen?

When you think of his actual performances, how often has he reached his peak? How many assits? How many goals? People make him out to be this great match winner on a pedalstone ahead of the rest of the midfield, but it's simply not true.

His peformance v Palace was a real shocker. He didn't care, and nor was he afraid to show it. No doubt it's someone else's fault bar his.

Give me Leon Britton any day of the week.

In our current situation Shelvey is not what we need or want. We can command a ridiculous 8-10 million fee and when we still have Leon, Cork, Ki and Siggy to pick from, we would be utterly mad to turn it down when we can use some of that to improve our strike force.

The general view if that Rodgers didn't give me a proper chance at Liverpool, but he saw through his nonsense pretty quickly. If Huw has such a great respect for BR, he should have taken that as a massive red flag and not bothered wth him.
Shelvey on 18:17 - Jan 4 with 3255 viewsstid

Shelvey on 18:10 - Jan 4 by jruss1

Urgh. Still people defending him?

7 years into his career and he's still having problems applying himself consistantly.

GM seemed to get through to him last season, he finally took things seriously, got fit,stayed fit and worked hard.

But it didn't last long did it? He's quickly gone back to what he was before. An inflated view of himself, lazy, unfit etc All we need now is an outburst on Twitter from his misses blaming someone else.

The excuses people bang out for him are boring now. How many times does the same thing have to happen?

When you think of his actual performances, how often has he reached his peak? How many assits? How many goals? People make him out to be this great match winner on a pedalstone ahead of the rest of the midfield, but it's simply not true.

His peformance v Palace was a real shocker. He didn't care, and nor was he afraid to show it. No doubt it's someone else's fault bar his.

Give me Leon Britton any day of the week.

In our current situation Shelvey is not what we need or want. We can command a ridiculous 8-10 million fee and when we still have Leon, Cork, Ki and Siggy to pick from, we would be utterly mad to turn it down when we can use some of that to improve our strike force.

The general view if that Rodgers didn't give me a proper chance at Liverpool, but he saw through his nonsense pretty quickly. If Huw has such a great respect for BR, he should have taken that as a massive red flag and not bothered wth him.

JJS Currently has more assists than Gylfi...
Shelvey on 18:23 - Jan 4 with 3196 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey on 18:17 - Jan 4 by stid

Gylfi currently has more goals than JJS....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey on 18:26 - Jan 4 with 3188 viewspencoedjack

JJS

Appearances 126
Goals 12
Yellow cards
Red cards

Gylfi

Appearances 128
Goals 25
Yellow cards
Red cards

Plus Gylfi gives 100%
Shelvey on 18:30 - Jan 4 with 3160 viewsjack247

He won't for long.

I'm surprised people need this pointing out to them, but....

If we want to play purely to get the best out of Gomis, then Shelvey has to start. He is the only one who can play as a deep lying playmaker and produce 40 yard defence splitting passes out of nowhere. If we do this, we sacrifice most of the flair in the team and play at a fairly pesdestrian pace. The football will be turgid, but he is capable of producing something out of nothing. If he can play Gomis through the inside right channel, there is a good chance he will score. There is no need for Leon in a team set up like that and Gylfi becomes a workhorse rather than a creative influence.

If we want to play a triangle style game to get the best out of the team as a whole, we have to leave Shelvey out (or use him as an impact sub) as he is not suited to high tempo, short sharp passing. His game is much more deliberate. He will play slowly, assess options and now and then produce a piece of magic to open up a defence. Playing him in a fast moving side doesn't work as he just slows play down. This is a big part of the reason that whenever we have (had) a chance to counter attack, the opposition were invariably back in position by the time we got a move going, which leaves Gomis isolated against two centre backs.

There are pros and cons of both approaches, by the looks of it, GM preferred the first, AC prefers the second.

That doesn't take into account the fact that his attitude has seemed a bit off lately, he allegedly wants out (don't know if there is any truth in that), we need funds for a new centre forward and he is one of our most saleable assets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024